UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the BIB, with respect those are all generalisations and hence don't prove anything. I've never wanted to be a hairdresser, I've never been a fan of musicals and I'm pretty shy. However, I do find other men attractive. :D

I'm pretty convinced of the hook up theory myself, but as the above are all generalisations and his mum has insisted he's not gay and wouldn't have had a problem admitting he's gay, we can't really jump to conclusions.

I never said these aspects of his personality prove that he is Gay or Bi. I simply said they are indications that he could be. I did note in that post that these traits DO NOT mean he's gay or Bi.

At least IMO these traits add a small amount of extra credence to him possibly meeting for a Hook-Up with a Man.

Yes his mum said he would have no problem admitting he's Gay, but does a mother know her son that well? I'm pretty sure it is pretty tough for many to admit they are Gay. Maybe she could have just been saying this as if to say she would fully accept him being Gay, so that if he has run away for this reason that he would come back.

His Mum may well be correct, Corrie may well not be Gay, but he could be Bi-Sexual.

Yes it was watching the press conference that made me really start to think about what his family is trying to portray here. I genuinely think they just wanted us and the police and media to not question his actions too much and to concentrate on helping them look for him. I think they're struggling to understand that making him out to be acting normal when maybe he wasn't does nothing but hinder the process long-term.

Saying that, I also really feel for them because certain buildings in that area have not been searched and they should be. He could be lay right there. He probably is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still trying to find a video of that press conference, because of that intriguing post you made about it a few pages back.

I am not sure what to make of the whole evening. At flex it was said he drew attention to himself. Guess that's British understatement. I don't understand why his friends did not go with him. If I was kicked out of a club, and was miles from home, I would sleep in my car. I might get some food, but then I would take it back to my car. He seems to be stumbling a little and then decides to sit at Hughes to eat. I am thinking he passed out or fell asleep anyway. When he wakes up, in the last cctv, he seems more sure footed. He appears a little cold, (hands in pockets, a little slumped) and most likely needs to use the restroom. I would like to know who he told that he would just walk home 9 miles? That makes no sense. Why would he leave his car 9 miles away if he just has to retrieve it in the morning? Perhaps the alcohol was talking at that point. I guess he could have been looking for some more secluded area to finish his sleep or maybe someone picked him up. Do they have video of the garbage lory entering the horseshoe during that night? Did it seem to take longer to come back into view than it usually does? And is it usual practice in the uk to weigh garbage bins when they are picked up?

It is possible someone gave him a lift somewhere (perhaps just to a crossroads) and he left his phone in their car. Maybe they don't even know it has fallen down under the seat. Maybe even the lory driver who doesn't want to get fired for picking up a hitchhiker.

I also wonder if Corrie was more troubled than family seems to suggest. I mean he just passed out on a sidewalk in the middle of the night. His friends seem not concerned at all. <modsnip> then is passed out like a vagrant. When he woke up, it could not have been a very proud moment for him. I wish there was some explanation and he is hiding for a time to get his head straight, but I doubt it. I think he met up with some evil person, or is dead from accident or suicide in some wooded area nearby.

I would just love to know what the information is that Nicola and the family know but we can't know.
It would shed some light on all of this.

Thanks for the insight guys! Be interesting to know if most people move their conversations on grinder to watsapp etc after a few messages

I didn't because you need to give your phone number for Whatsapp and unless I know someone fairly well I wouldn't do that. However, I would imagine I'm in the minority with that - I'm sure lots wouldn't think twice about moving to Whatsapp. That said, Whatsapp doesn't really do anything you can't do in Grindr - e.g. text talk, send photos from you library, etc.

- i have bumped this because i believe what happened to corrie is closer to home than people realise. young people do text each other obsessively and you arent goint to tell me nobody tried to contact corrie at all? if he was known for vanishing all weekend, then why did his boss report him missing? whats the difference between a weekend with a guy or girl or an extra morning with one he really liked? being awol for a day would not have created much of a punishment? i do not think corrie "vanished" to the extent that his friends are saying. see what i mean though? you cant have it both ways

I fully agree with you here. We will find out it's a lot closer to home.

Taking into account other missing persons cases that go on as long as this, and even general murder investigations, most of the time it's someone you know.

I am not sure what to make of the whole evening. At flex it was said he drew attention to himself. Guess that's British understatement. I don't understand why his friends did not go with him. If I was kicked out of a club, and was miles from home, I would sleep in my car. I might get some food, but then I would take it back to my car. He seems to be stumbling a little and then decides to sit at Hughes to eat. I am thinking he passed out or fell asleep anyway. When he wakes up, in the last cctv, he seems more sure footed. He appears a little cold, (hands in pockets, a little slumped) and most likely needs to use the restroom. I would like to know who he told that he would just walk home 9 miles? That makes no sense. Why would he leave his car 9 miles away if he just has to retrieve it in the morning? Perhaps the alcohol was talking at that point. I guess he could have been looking for some more secluded area to finish his sleep or maybe someone picked him up. Do they have video of the garbage lory entering the horseshoe during that night? Did it seem to take longer to come back into view than it usually does? And is it usual practice in the uk to weigh garbage bins when they are picked up?

It is possible someone gave him a lift somewhere (perhaps just to a crossroads) and he left his phone in their car. Maybe they don't even know it has fallen down under the seat. Maybe even the lory driver who doesn't want to get fired for picking up a hitchhiker.

I also wonder if Corrie was more troubled than family seems to suggest. I mean he just passed out on a sidewalk in the middle of the night. His friends seem not concerned at all. <modsnip> then is passed out like a vagrant. When he woke up, it could not have been a very proud moment for him. I wish there was some explanation and he is hiding for a time to get his head straight, but I doubt it. I think he met up with some evil person, or is dead from accident or suicide in some wooded area nearby.
It is an offence to be in charge of a vehicle in the UK when drunk. So basically if you are sleeping in the passenger side, but have the car keys in your pocket you are getting charged with being 'drunk in charge of a motor vehicle'.

Not only would you lose your licence for 1 year or more, but afterwards trying to get insurance would cost an arm and a leg. And of course there may be repercusions with his employment as well, particularly if he needed his licence for some driving duties. Either way, a drink driving record wouldnt exactly portray him in a good light with his employers.

It is much better and makes 'perfect sense' to be as far away from your vehicle as possible when drunk and/or sleeping trying to sober up.

My theory: Corrie was hanging around hoping to sober up so he could drive his car back in the morning. He hopped into cardboard bin for a few hours kip then accidentally got tipped into refuse truck. During trucks journey back to the depot he has somehow exited it. Possibly disorientated/injured/concused he has wandered into the forrest/river and perished.

I never said these aspects of his personality prove that he is Gay or Bi. I simply said they are indications that he could be. I did note in that post that these traits DO NOT mean he's gay or Bi.

At least IMO these traits add a small amount of extra credence to him possibly meeting for a Hook-Up with a Man.

Yes his mum said he would have no problem admitting he's Gay, but does a mother know her son that well? I'm pretty sure it is pretty tough for many to admit they are Gay. Maybe she could have just been saying this as if to say she would fully accept him being Gay, so that if he has run away for this reason that he would come back.

His Mum may well be correct, Corrie may well not be Gay, but he could be Bi-Sexual.

Yeah I get what you're saying and apologies if you felt like I was jumping on your post. It's just I've seen a lot of people making comments about his sexuality based on his pink shirt (not saying you) and it's kind of annoyed me because I know plenty of straight men who wear pink shirts, etc.

Generally mothers have a good inkling of their son's sexuality - but that's not always the case, granted. I do see where she's coming from when she says that he would be the type to be out and proud if he was gay because he's an outgoing person who, presumably, wasn't the type to care what others thought of him.

More to this group how?

Teenagers..... I don't see how teenagers could make Corrie disappear. Do you mean they may have seen something, Do you mean they may have been decoys to something?

I can't see how a group of teenagers are involved directly.

I was thinking along the line of them catfishing Corrie into a meet, maybe they had sex but then admitted to being underage, would Corrie want to come back to the possibility of a rape charge. I could be well off the mark, possibly a bit too 'hollyoaks' to be real life, but strange things happen.

It is an offence to be in charge of a vehicle in the UK when drunk. So basically if you are sleeping in the passenger side, but have the car keys in your pocket you are getting charged with drink driving.

Not only would you lose your licence for 1 year or more, but afterwards trying to get insurance would cost an arm and a leg. And of course there may be repercusions with his employment as well, particularly if he needed his licence for some driving duties. Either way, a drink driving record wouldnt exactly portray him in a good light with his employers.

It is much better and makes 'perfect sense' to be as far away from your vehicle as possible when drunk and/or sleeping trying to sober up.

My theory: Corrie was hanging around hoping to sober up so he could drive his car back in the morning. He hopped into cardboard bin for a few hours kip then accidentally got tipped into refuse truck. During trucks journey back to the depot he has somehow exited it. Possibly disorientated/injured/concused he has wandered into the forrest/river and perished.

Although army and not raf I know of many people whom in the drink driving situation the army have helped them get more lenient punishments and they haven't lost their licences because of their job. The army then punish in house

Thanks for the insight guys! Be interesting to know if most people move their conversations on grinder to watsapp etc after a few messages

I guess some do, but not everyone wants the other guy to have their mobile number....

Yeah I get what you're saying and apologies if you felt like I was jumping on your post. It's just I've seen a lot of people making comments about his sexuality based on his pink shirt (not saying you) and it's kind of annoyed me because I know plenty of straight men who wear pink shirts, etc.

Generally mothers have a good inkling of their son's sexuality - but that's not always the case, granted. I do see where she's coming from when she says that he would be the type to be out and proud if he was gay because he's an outgoing person who, presumably, wasn't the type to care what others thought of him.

I always assumed that she didn't want to start going into definite detail because he possibly wasn't 100% sure himself yet - only 23- so she felt she didn't want to start claiming him as definitively bisexual etc when he hadn't even decided himself/still exploring.
Haven't seen a "pink shirt=must be gay" comment on here for a while now, not since the early WS threads I browsed - thankfully.

In order to see other people's locations on Grindr, do you have to have your own GPS turned on on your phone?

Do you have to show your location in order to see the location of others?

I was thinking along the line of them catfishing Corrie into a meet, maybe they had sex but then admitted to being underage, would Corrie want to come back to the possibility of a rape charge. I could be well off the mark, possibly a bit too 'hollyoaks' to be real life, but strange things happen.
Yes it is possible that anything could happen, but I think we need to look at the other scenarios logically and in most ocassions we can discount them for various reasons.

For example.

1. The teenagers killing him - yes possible, but Corrie was seen going down the bin area and not leaving. I dont think there is any footage of the teenagers going down there? Also, how did they dispose of the body? Typically, teenagers would not leave a clean murder scene with body disposing actions the russians would be proud of.

2. Corrie being taken away from the bin area via a car - again possible, but unless he left in the boot of the car then im pretty sure the other cctv cameras in and around the town would have picked up the car and at least images of the number of occupants.

3. People from the drug & alcohol rehab killing him, again possible but recovering alcoholics and drug addicts would normally not be too much of a match for a young fit guy. Then you still have the issue of the body to get rid of.

Although army and not raf I know of many people whom in the drink driving situation the army have helped them get more lenient punishments and they haven't lost their licences because of their job. The army then punish in house

DCflag - as it seems that you're army/ex-army from that ^ post - what's your view about the puppy kept in his room without permission ?

It is an offence to be in charge of a vehicle in the UK when drunk. So basically if you are sleeping in the passenger side, but have the car keys in your pocket you are getting charged with being 'drunk in charge of a motor vehicle'.

The problem I have with this line of thought is that he clearly spent an hour sat in the drivers seat of his car drinking vodka. There's a charge right there. He's not bothered about it.

I am 98% certain you are right, db09striker, but I am 2% thinking there is a strange trick of perspective going on if that is the case. The figure in the CCTV isn't surrounded by a mound of shrubs in the middle of the roundabout like the statue (and what a odd statue that is!).

Due to the slight curvature of the road and the positioning of the CCTV camera, I'm not entirely sure that statue can even be seen. I think it would be obscured on the left.

The mound of shrubs to the right of the CCTV figure is the one on the right hand side of the road as you look on Street View, not in the centre of the roundabout. Look at the proximity of the pavement's shadow on the right.

To that 2% of me, the CCTV figure is still walking towards the roundabout and is walking up the right-hand carriageway, making a beeline for the right turn on to Parkway - which ultimately and theoretically would take Corrie broadly in the right direction for home of course.

Yes, definitely some weird perspective going on.

It did take me a while to make sure I was on the correct road on Google Street View as the road didn't look like it bended like it does in that still CCTV image.

Although looking back up the road from where the statue is you cannot see right up the road, it is blocked by the buildings - I just think this is perspective.

You can see from the CCTV image the figure is in-between the sign post which shows a map of the roundabout and the lamp post. If you go onto street view and judge where the statue would appear if you were to look through that sign post / lamp post gap - you can understand that the statue would appear in-between. You can't really position yourself on street view to look directly through that gap, but by moving to the best position possible you can understand that the statue is what we are seeing.

The problem I have with this line of thought is that he clearly spent an hour sat in the drivers seat of his car drinking vodka. There's a charge right there. He's not bothered about it.

There is a difference between drinking and being drunk. After something to eat I could have 2 beers in the space of an hour or so and still not be drunk/over the limit.

Sometimes when i am driving to my local club i will take a beer with me and drink on the way there.

In order to see other people's locations on Grindr, do you have to have your own GPS turned on on your phone?

Yes - It's all based on location using the phone's GPS

Yes, you have to enable location services on your phone to see other people's locations. If you disable them you can still open Grindr, but you won't be able to see anyone and, in turn, they won't be able to see you. So it's essentially useless without enabling your location.

The distance is deliberately a bit 'off' in order to discourage stalking and you can choose to hide your distance if you want to. However, hiding is a bit pointless because if the guy to the left of you is 100 metres away and the guy to the right of you is 150 metres away, it doesn't take Einstein to figure out your approximate distance.

You can also choose to send people your GPS location in the form of a map. It's all a bit scary to me so I got rid of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member