Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
15c27b50d0c2ef038219fe79ca0866f6.jpg

Call me Young Sherlock if you will.....but I would say that that's a fairly mahoooosive wifi footprint for a pub to have? I may even call turtle feaces on that one?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thats hughes right next to the grapes isn't it? The cream building is hughes and the brick building is the grapes which is itself a large corner building so where would grapes wifi end? My wifi can be picked up in the adjacent buildings no problem.

I would have thought being a single man operation and covered by vehicle CCTV (non recording), the very least that H&S would suggest is a cab phone?
JMO.

I second that.
If he didn't have a work phone he's bound to have a mobile? I don't know too many who don't have a phone anymore.
If for some strange reason he has claimed that he has no phone then maybe he needs looked into a bit further.
TBH, I'm surprised by the lack of open statements from various people and establishments involved in this case. If I was the bin man I would make a point of doing a small interview with the papers or news, same as focus 12, <modsnip> I would have least of assumed a post or 2 from them on their social media pages helping to spread the awareness of Corries disappearance, especially as their accommodation backs onto the area that Corrie was last seen. I noticed a few posts to their page in the past day [emoji6] hopefully will strike some sort of statement or action from them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. I said this very early on. Although I think it was said the bin lorry man is quite old been with the company years so may not have one? Then again work early hours alone I would think work would provide one for safety if nothing else?
And what if mr/s bin wo/man doesn't want to divulge their mobile phone number to anyone ?

I would have thought being a single man operation and covered by vehicle CCTV (non recording), the very least that H&S would suggest is a cab phone?
JMO.

Yes, very possible. Even if for just emergency use in case of breakdown for example.

Another thing while there is still debate about the phone pings. I understand Corrie's phone is a Windows 8.1 phone and I've read there is a controversial feature called Wi-Fi Sense that among other things connects to Wi-Fi hotspots automatically. If it auto logged on to hotspots has it moved the MAC address of the phone would be logged on each access point (as I understand things)? I'm far from an expert in this but I'm sure between the phone company and Police there are logs they could check without the phone?

60k reward.

Still no one has come forward.

Why?

And what if mr/s bin wo/man doesn't want to divulge their mobile phone number to anyone ?

I'm sure any innocent party would volunteer if the Police asked but if not that would be fine too. Same would apply if the phone belonged to the employer too.

60k reward.

Why?

One of 3 reasons.

1. No one is involved in Corries disappearance - tragic accident.

2. Only one person was involved in Corries disappearance - 60k is no good if you're the perp.

3. More than one person was equally involved in Corries disappearance - 60k is no good if you're the perp.

That's another thing isn't it. If he was in bin lorry with his and hopped out along the way to walk the rest of the way back. You would expect him to have some sort of activity on his phone rather than just a ping. We know that his phone died at 8am so he had enough charge to keep him company along the journey until he met with an incident. He never used his phone after 3.08 so even when he arrived at horseshoe area at 3.24 and whatever he was jogging for appeared to not be there, he never contacted anyone which would make me feel that something happened very quickly once he turned in to this area - bringing me back to 4 minute man.

Also, I wonder what he did between 3.08 - 3.20ish when he headed off to horseshoe, not using his phone sat in that doorway. Seems quite a while to be just sat there not doing anything at all with your phone
Which cctv is 4 minute man? This would be at around 3.29 presumably. Can someone pleas post it on here if he is still to be id'd?

I think that the FAQ section of the Find Corrie website could do with reviewing as there seem to be a few responses that differ to what Nicola has been saying lately. Such as going along the roof tops and the buildings
I agree. They need to update the updates too, it's becoming a waste of time looking at it cos its so out of date now.

Maybe I'm lost somewhere but do we know he was using wifi? Surely in the town centre he could have used 4G or 3G as appropriate? It's the GPS which we know was switched off.
He could have used carrier pigeon and we still wouldn't know.

One of 3 reasons.

2. Only one person was involved in Corries disappearance - 60k is no good if you're the perp.

3. More than one person was equally involved in Corries disappearance - 60k is no good if you're the perp.

BSE has always been a very safe friendly place. Is the most likely explanation a tragic accident? The person in black passing the shop window looked to me as if it was a female, possibly with a bun/hair tied up carrying a rucksack. Could have been finishing work, possibly working illegally hence they might not want to come forward? I would be surprised if the bin lorry driver did not have a mobile phone, in event of an emergency/breakdowns etc. Did someone say the driver was an older man. I have read posts that say that the bin contents was incinerated so it didn't reach than landfill, I have also read online that the lorry did not get forensically tested for about two weeks after Corrie disappeared. Is it at all possible that this is a tragic accident and he did sleep in the bin to keep warm unaware that the bin was going to be collected. The driver possibly did not bother to look in the bin like he is meant to do. If Corrie had hitched a lift with the driver of the bin lorry and been dropped off midway the driver would have had no issue with confirming this. Had this happened it is possible that he perished trying to find his way home to base, fallen asleep etc but the driver would surely have confirmed he gave him a lift. I think this is a tragic accident. In Glasgow the bin lorry driver who ploughed into shoppers and killed a number of pedestrians had not declared medical problems that would have affected his HGV licence. All local authorities have now tightened up on medical requirements for bin lorry drivers but this company I believe is a private firm, not a Council one. If the bin lorry had not checked the bin that night before emptying it like he should have, could Corrie have died through being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Re: Hughes and Grapes proximity, no it is not the cream building, Hughes is on the end of the row.

Fairly sure if he was connected to an open WiFi he would need to transmit location data.

Seems unlikely that he wasn't using location services on his phone considering it is a prerequisite for tinder and POF. The location services have no bearing on being able to trace his movements unless there is a remote access to the phone available. I think what is meant is the auto location broadcast on Facebook I.e. "check in".

Running man was traced I believe and does not appear as one of the 6 outstanding.

£60k reward is useless to the perp if (as stated) they are the only witness, also useless to them and/or accomplices If they are from significant wealth anyway.

I would like to see a full clarification that the inside of the F12 residencies had been forensically searched. Due to the nature of the inhabitants and their demand for privacy/ emotional & physical wellbeing I cannot see LE having been granted access. This does however raise another issue and ties in with a theory discussed privately with a couple of you that LE cannot enter these residencies because they cannot obtain a warrant.... And this is N's coded message that may create a vigilante approach to the search of that area. I believe the testing of the bins from that area was planned to be conducted at a late stage, as opposed to the suggested poor policing. Likely that information (watching) suggested refuse deposited from the F12 residencies in to the bins occurred just before the testing.

To clarify my theory:
Hookup with an individual known to F12, potentially well connected.
C remained in the F12 residencies until Sat, in what state I'm not going to speculate.
His phone was put directly in to the wagon by the perp , but I do not believe this was before the "incident" occured, it was a case of "sweeping it up accidentally on purpose" so Corrie didn't know it was gone.
Saturday comes, clean up crew arrive and disposal occurs (maybe link to car burning).
All the while protection is given due to the nature of F12 and it's inhabitants.

BSE has always been a very safe friendly place. Is the most likely explanation a tragic accident? The person in black passing the shop window looked to me as if it was a female, possibly with a bun/hair tied up carrying a rucksack. Could have been finishing work, possibly working illegally hence they might not want to come forward?

snipped

BIB IMO That's the 5.18 Cornhill figure, black guy, rucksack, white sweatshirt , black hoodie. It's a man-bun/tied back dreads.

60k reward.

Why?

Because if it was a toss up between exposing yourself as a perp and claiming the £60k OR avoiding all detection and publicity and not claiming it and getting off Scott free as a perp.... :/

I'm sure any innocent party would volunteer if the Police asked but if not that would be fine too. Same would apply if the phone belonged to the employer too.

If they can access Corrie's phone just by the App updates I'm sure they could do the same with the driver's personal phone if he had one. I'd say either a cab phone and a personal phone or just a cab phone which may be one of the HGV style commercial types?
JMO

One of 3 reasons.

4. No one knows about the foul play so no one can claim the reward.
5. Awol. Can't claim the reward.

Biffa don't allow drivers to carry phones in the lorry cabs due to data protection. They have radios and a panic button.

BSE has always been a very safe friendly place. Is the most likely explanation a tragic accident? The person in black passing the shop window looked to me as if it was a female, possibly with a bun/hair tied up carrying a rucksack. Could have been finishing work, possibly working illegally hence they might not want to come forward? I would be surprised if the bin lorry driver did not have a mobile phone, in event of an emergency/breakdowns etc. Did someone say the driver was an older man. I have read posts that say that the bin contents was incinerated so it didn't reach than landfill, I have also read online that the lorry did not get forensically tested for about two weeks after Corrie disappeared. Is it at all possible that this is a tragic accident and he did sleep in the bin to keep warm unaware that the bin was going to be collected. The driver possibly did not bother to look in the bin like he is meant to do. If Corrie had hitched a lift with the driver of the bin lorry and been dropped off midway the driver would have had no issue with confirming this. Had this happened it is possible that he perished trying to find his way home to base, fallen asleep etc but the driver would surely have confirmed he gave him a lift. I think this is a tragic accident. In Glasgow the bin lorry driver who ploughed into shoppers and killed a number of pedestrians had not declared medical problems that would have affected his HGV licence. All local authorities have now tightened up on medical requirements for bin lorry drivers but this company I believe is a private firm, not a Council one. If the bin lorry had not checked the bin that night before emptying it like he should have, could Corrie have died through being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I have seen comments that this was more a van than a lorry. Cannot find a source for that. Have you heard anything about how big of truck this was?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kezzx