UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting a bit confused between threads and may have missed this if it's already been posted, but this MSM link means we can discuss about the car and petrol rag? Seems to have been ruled out by the police.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ssing-RAF-man-admits-social-hand-grenade.html

"A police spokeswoman told MailOnline: 'Around 1.25pm on 25 September a member of the public called police saying that they had seen three men acting suspiciously near a vehicle parked in a layby at Blo Norton, near Diss.
he three had driven off in the vehicle. The member of the public said they had then found a rag that had smelt of petrol in the layby and that they thought they may have been trying to set light to the vehicle. Details of the vehicle were taken.'
'Checks were made and, at this time, there is nothing to link this to the enquiry, however police are aware and continue to investigate all lines of enquiry as part of the ongoing work being done to trace Corrie.'
The police have discounted it.

If indeed there was a petrol soaked rag at the scene and they were trying to set fire to the car then.......

A. Was there another car waiting to take them away, as far as i can tell the answer is no
B. Why did they not succeed? Its not that hard to set a car on fire, especially with petrol soaked rags already at hand.

There will be loads of instances like this as well as sensationalism by the papers, people tend to whip themselves into a frenzy.

I would say that my theory is 99% accurate, the next stage in the development will be the recovery of his body somewhere in the forrest near Barton Hills, no doubt discovered by someone walking their dogs.

Sent from my SM-T535 using Tapatalk

The police have discounted it.

If indeed there was a petrol soaked rag at the scene and they were trying to set fire to the car then.......

A. Was there another car waiting to take them away, as far as i can tell the answer is no
B. Why did they not succeed? Its not that hard to set a car on fire, especially with petrol soaked rags already at hand.

There will be loads of instances like this as well as sensationalism by the papers, people tend to whip themselves into a frenzy.

I would say that my theory is 99% accurate, the next stage in the development will be the recovery of his body somewhere in the forrest near Barton Hills, no doubt discovered by someone walking their dogs.

Yes, usually a dog walker :( I have a feeling that the River Lark has got him unfortunately :(

I mentioned earlier elsewhere when asked about the dog, I'm a dog owner and a responsible and compassionate one at that. I don't feel you are a responsible dog owner if you buy one knowing your accommodation is not suitable for one or your job means you cannot fully care for the dog.

Yes, the dog thing. I wonder if getting the dog was a considered thing or just Corrie doing something else impulsive and reckless without thought of the implications or consequences. Did he get Louelle from a breeder or a rescue, or was it just from a bloke in a pub on the spur of the moment?

Something I've been mulling over for a few days is his being allowed to keep Louelle in his quarters. I gather this is allowed if his superiors agree to it but agreement is not guaranteed. We've talked at various times about the possibility of Corrie having mental health issues, so I did wonder, if he was perceived perhaps as a bit emotionally or psychologically fragile, whether Louelle also had some sort of therapeutic importance to him.

In the early days we kept hearing what a sunny, outgoing, OTT people person Corrie was, but sometimes that face is a mask for something very different going on underneath.

In the early days we kept hearing what a sunny, outgoing, OTT people person Corrie was, but sometimes that face is a mask for something very different going on underneath.

RSBM (hope that's right - I'm a newbie)
I agree with this and have personal experience of the same. On the outside my life looks good - loving family, husband and kids, no money worries or any worries, nice house, steady job. Only people who *really* know me know I have PTSD and every day is a struggle, but I pretend I'm ok unless you know me.

I also have a pup and she has literally saved my life.

There have been many a time I wish I could vanish, but I have protective factors (family) that stop me. If I was young, free and single then maybe things would be different.

Sorry if that's a bit deep for 07:47am on a websleuth forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with this and have personal experience of the same. On the outside my life looks good - loving family, husband and kids, no money worries or any worries, nice house, steady job. Only people who *really* know me know I have PTSD and every day is a struggle, but I pretend I'm ok unless you know me.

There have been many a time I wish I could vanish, but I have protective factors (family) that stop me. If I was young, free and single then maybe things would be different.

Welcome aboard, Rocket. Did a longer post then lost it. Thanks for your interesting post.

Yes, but his phone was not found in the bin lorry (remember it gets manually sorted when at the depot)

Of course a lowly paid refuse worker could have found it and sold it on, but I would discount this as by now that person would have came forward, given the gravity of the situation.

My guess is that when he gets found, they will find his mobile still on him, but out of battery (smartphones are notorious for running out of battery, especially on lengthy nights out etc).

Hi all, have tried my best to go through all the other 11 threads to catch - up but I can't find the specifics on the model of his phone.

Has it not been released yet?

Also is there a resources thread just for this case yet? ( Maps, timeline and other essential local info that the FM's have contributed to the 12 threads, or do you have to go back through all the posts? )

@ Rocketfuel ::hug: That is very true, people can and do hide their despair from others. You hang on in there. x

Hi all, have tried my best to go through all the other 11 threads to catch - up but I can't find the specifics on the model of his phone.

Has it not been released yet?

Also is there a resources thread just for this case yet? ( Maps, timeline and other essential local info that the FM's have contributed to the 12 threads, or do you have to go back through all the posts? )

His phone is a Nokia Lumia in a black wallet type case.

Completely understand this Rocket! Welcome & thank you for sharing your experience x

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The only question mark over this for me now is how does the running man footage fit in with a fixed 5 position preset? Unless by blind luck it moved to the horseshoe position at exactly the time he ran past?
I have watched the Greenwoods camera and it rotates 9 times in 4.5 minutes at 30 second intervals. It rotates twice in the direction of the horseshoe so that's one minute and 3.5 elsewhere

His phone is a Nokia Lumia in a black wallet type case.

Thanks. Presuming family have not released model/any specific identifiers to assist public re. finding if it had been sold on.

Still find it hard to believe how a phone accidentally ends up in a waste bin( if it did) especially with someone like Corrie who was probably relying on his phone that night, esp after leaving the club & presumably having it in his trouser pocket ( no jacket.)
As per previous speculation on one of the threads, I accept that anything is possible and if you're p1ssed and had temporarily placed it on top of the bin, maybe it somehow fell inside rather than fell on to the ground.
However if still seems less likely than the alternative of a perpetrator dumping it.

The only specifics were that the case was quite tatty.. edit: it was a Nokia Lumia 435

I'd really like to see if it was on the top of the bin is it possible for it to also get into the lorry? It can't just fall into the bin because the lid is shut.

Thank you for sharing, you have a unique insight and I think you very much show the difference between perception and reality. Here we're have people feeding us what reality they want us to know as we don't know Corrie. You make good point about the dog too, as did melmoth earlier.

I think the dog rather than being an anchor to keep him home is an indicator things aren't as sunny as they appear.

Thank you for sharing, you have a unique insight and I think you very much show the difference between perception and reality. Here we're have people feeding us what reality they want us to know as we don't know Corrie. You make good point about the dog too, as did melmoth earlier.

I think the dog rather than being an anchor to keep him home is an indicator things aren't as sunny as they appear.
I agree and I come back in thought as I write to his videos, performances, Corrie the showman outwardly, Corrie conducting the band, Corrie singing on his last night out. His previous work as stated on the last thread was hairdressing and fitness trainer. We only know the parts that a person allows us to know, and we don't know the deepest thoughts that a person has unless they share with us. My son was in University before he shared that he was gay and he had known this for many years. And we thought we were a close family and knew him. The saddest part for me was that he had to go through these years and felt he could not share tell us. Expectation by others, perception by others, fear of not understanding, fear of shocking, fear of being outside what is perceived as 'normal' within a family and workplace can keep us from sharing.Thank you RocketFuel for sharing your personal journey and experience, with honesty and clarity. Unique insight as Dcflag has said.

Not too deep at all and completely understood from someone in a similar situation :grouphug:

:loveyou: Hello there RocketFuel and welcome very proud of the fact that you have shared what must be very hard to put down I no myself how hard it can be to be so honest about a subject that is very personal. You keep being strong and when that darkness tries closing in you look at those around you who love ya ok :)......... I believe anyone of us can paint a picture play the happy clown but deep inside be hiding a sadness and I guess we will never no the real truth as the family obviously see the happy C and we don't know if he is showing by his grenade behaviour if this is actually a cry for help. The last glance as I called it doesn't to me show a hand grenade it shows me a sadness and a lonely young man but that could be just as the night panned out for C.

LarysaRose how do we know the bin was not open someone left it open ive done it myself but my bins at home the lid just falls backwards or are these bins ones that you open then spring down themselves ?

Yes, but his phone was not found in the bin lorry (remember it gets manually sorted when at the depot)

OK. Phone aside, this discounts him actually being in the lorry, in my mind.

I was wondering if anyone could even survive being put into one of those garbage collection trucks, but that's now irrelevant if people manual look inside the truck and manually sort its contents.

I have watched the Greenwoods camera and it rotates 9 times in 4.5 minutes at 30 second intervals. It rotates twice in the direction of the horseshoe so that's one minute and 3.5 elsewhere

Are you aware of it rotating i.e. Can you see it easily if need be?

Butterstick there was an incident not long ago of a guy falling in a bin lorry and being crushed it left a real mess I personally don't think C would of been in the bin lorry I can try find the link if you would like to read it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli