UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find the link I just posted makes a quite interesting read as speaks about hypothermia and how this can cause a person to make silly decisions and that alcohol can infact lower your body heat

LarysaRose how do we know the bin was not open someone left it open ive done it myself but my bins at home the lid just falls backwards or are these bins ones that you open then spring down themselves ?

This is true. I suppose im just assuming that it was closed because of the pictures shown it's always closed & when the reporters were there, it's closed too.

Yeah I was just putting that maybe it could of been open such a very sad case I hope C is brought home one way or another and hes not another Luke Case always wondering and no closure

och, ok thanks bbyblueeyez..... that's enough details for me.... glad it's not a feasible scenario of CM!

I see that Nigel Farage retweeted the Find Corrie tweet two days ago. I don't think I can link to a tweet but if you're on Twitter you will be able to find it easily enough.

Agree especially with the last part. Families are rarely 2.0 perfect and sunny. Everyone has something in their family that's less than rosy.

The statements "beloved dog" "having a good life" and "upsetting family he has no need to upset" is assumption based on what select few of the family are saying.

I am confused as to why you would point out that I am making assumptions........

We pretty much can only go on assumptions and most posts on here are assumptions. We have few facts. You too are making assumptions. It is an assumption to say that you may think that he has gone AWOL and an assumption to think that the family could be lying.

I am not even sure what you are calling assumptions are assumptions. It's a fact that we have been told by family members that he was happy, and there were no issues. I understand that the family could be hiding some issues within the family, but I think that is unlikely - they won't be doing themselves any favours by hiding any family issues as speaking about them could help us better understand where he could be. I will 'assume' that his family's comments about his dog, his life etc are true.

Why would he need to run away from family anyway - he's miles and miles away from his family, living in barracks in southern England. As far as I'm aware his family live 400miles away in Scotland.

There is nothing whatsoever to suggest he has gone AWOL. So it makes sense to more or less rule it out.

I see that Nigel Farage retweeted the Find Corrie tweet two days ago. I don't think I can link to a tweet but if you're on Twitter you will be able to find it easily enough.

[video=twitter;814447489969520640]https://twitter.com/nigel_farage/status/814447489969520640[/video]

I find the link I just posted makes a quite interesting read as speaks about hypothermia and how this can cause a person to make silly decisions and that alcohol can infact lower your body heat

Although it's prob not the case here ( based on the previous info posted by a member re. emptying of the large commercial bins happening after his disappearance had been notified) I agree that these decisions are surprisingly common. Maybe it appears a place of safety for a snooze, rather than being robbed when you are out cold. And if it's cold the transition between drunken stupor and hypo can be deadly smooth. ( Again, that can't be relevant with a Sept disappearance though - not cold enough.)

I don't know how to interpret BIB on the fund reaching it's target:
"Mrs Urquhart, from Dunfermline, told donors: "You have given us the ability to get information that might just be that vital piece that brings Corrie home.
"We just could not have considered these opportunities without your amazing kindness."
A private investigator has not yet been hired.
Mrs Urquhart said if she does not hire one, the money would go to Suffolk Lowland Search and Rescue which has been assisting the search effort."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-38471826

hmm, me neither :thinking:
Although it's prob not the case here ( based on the previous info posted by a member re. emptying of the large commercial bins happening after his disappearance had been notified) I agree that these decisions are surprisingly common. Maybe it appears a place of safety for a snooze, rather than being robbed when you are out cold. And if it's cold the transition between drunken stupor and hypo can be deadly smooth.

I don't know how to interpret BIB on the fund reaching it's target:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-38471826

How strange - not sure which way this is going now? BBM See your link, :

Mrs Urquhart said she had halted her search for a private investigator after Suffolk Police agreed to investigate three men attempting to set fire to a vehicle on 25 September.
Police said the incident had been investigated and there was nothing to link it to Mr Mckeague's disappearance.

[/B][/B][/B]

How strange - not sure which way this is going now? BBM See your link, :

Mrs Urquhart said she had halted her search for a private investigator after Suffolk Police agreed to investigate three men attempting to set fire to a vehicle on 25 September.
Police said the incident had been investigated and there was nothing to link it to Mr Mckeague's disappearance.

Well if it isn't one of the vehicles on cctv in the horseshoe the police won't link it.
I don't understand why the police would investigate it and then in the next quote say they have and there is no link.
Baffled again.

Well if it isn't one of the vehicles on cctv in the horseshoe the police won't link it.
I don't understand why the police would investigate it and then in the next quote say they have and there is no link.
Baffled again.

My post was referring to the 'halting the search for a private investigator' not to the police investigating this incident.

Just very surprised to find that the private investigator would only have been employed to investigate this occurence - or have I misunderstood?

My post was referring to the 'halting the search for a private investigator' not to the police investigating this incident.

Just very surprised to find that the private investigator would only have been employed to investigate this occurence - or have I misunderstood?

That's sort of what I meant jessie.
Why halt the search for a pi if the police are going to investigate something that they have already investigated and ruled out.
Baffling.
Isn't the point of a pi to hopefully go over everything again anyway?

I took her to mean that she halted the plan to hire the PI 'cause the police said they had a potential lead of 3 men and car burn out. If that had lead to something she wouldn't need to, but as it hasn't been fruitful............... I assumed she'd now go full steam ahead and just hire one, they have the £51k raised and they also have a public search planned for Jan 22nd. Dunno really.

Im confused, I thought the main reasons as stated on the just giving page were for them to be able to hire a PI and to support the family?

A second public search for Mr Mckeague will take place on 22 January. More than 60 volunteers joined in the first on 17 December. BBC News above link.

Interesting that despite the fund being in excess of £50k, a PI has not been brought in. My understànding was from TV interview 12 December Look East that the PI could trawl through the information to date and follow up intelligence from the manned 24 hour phone lines. I am wondering if they feel Corrie is no longer alive and if they don't have any new intelligence from the phone lines, a PI may now not be necessary in their view and hence the mention of Sulsar for receipt of the money. I assume for more searches. It is interesting that the police are going to revisit this car. Why do that without evidence, unless they have new evidence through the phone lines. Very confusing.JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member