UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question:

The 4 vehicles time frame is specifically for 03:00 to 06:00. Does this indicate that one vehicle (possibly the suspect one) arrived and/or left between 03:00 and 03:25 i.e. before Corrie arrived at the horseshoe?

Or why doesn't the time frame start from 03:25?

Question:

The 4 vehicles time frame is specifically for 03:00 to 06:00. Does this indicate that one vehicle (possibly the suspect one) arrived and/or left between 03:00 and 03:25 i.e. before Corrie arrived at the horseshoe?

Now that would be something.
Good point.

My post was referring to the 'halting the search for a private investigator' not to the police investigating this incident.

Just very surprised to find that the private investigator would only have been employed to investigate this occurence - or have I misunderstood?

Not really. Nicola's presumably holding off because if major new leads come out of this report (of 3 man supposedly attemption to burn out a vehicle) the police will follow them up (notwithstanding reports that these men have been eliminated from the enquiry) and the PI may not be needed at all.

My understànding was from TV interview 12 December Look East that the PI could trawl through the information to date and follow up intelligence from the manned 24 hour phone lines.

Maybe there aren't as many calls coming through as the expected and there's therefore not much for a PI to follow up on. There would however still be number crunching of the earlier data to be done if this is thought to be potentially fruitful.

Question:

I think it must mean that and I have already said I think C must have received something via his phone to make him move from Hughes to the area we last see him at 3.24. So the vehicle was already there. The two other legitimate vehicles were prob Greggs delivery or similar delivery later than the 04.20 bin lorry IMO. The police must have these details and must be able to work this out but as there is no crime there is nothing to be done ATM. Perhaps this is why the focus is now just going to be on searching rather than a PI.

He he thankyou I wanted to ask that too.

BBM - bolded by me
BIB - bit in bold
SBM - snipped by me
RSBM - respectfully snipped by me

Many more not sure of the link now, but all useful in not posting the whole previous post and elongating the thread when only certain parts are relevant to one's answer.

I just can't see how he would have gone AWOL with no money. If you're going to go somewhere else you'd need some kind of money - enough to last you till you can get a job elsewhere.

We don't know if he had been putting money away, asking someone to hold it for him or have some type of help with money.
There are so many options and I don't think anything should be ruled out until it's fully investigated.

Grindr works on location, highlighting those close to you who are looking for the same. Possible that someone inside the Focus12 building was in fact the hookup, maybe used the building as a getaway following a previous spell of treatment.
A car parked there wouldn't be spotted by cameras apart from entering and exiting the horseshoe which could have been at any point in time.
What a frightening thought.

Having deleted my post (thankfully replied to above) I want to tie up as much in to this theory.

Ride in town- unrelated
Behaviour- unrelated
Dog- unrelated
Sleep- Not planned

On waking he checks is dating apps, spots a message from someone less than 50m away, chats for 20 mins, then goes to meet them at the F12 location. This location is known to them (including door entry) due to previous stay.
This person arrived before the obtained recordings and left after the 4PM cut off point.
They whistle to get Corries attention as he is only heading to an approximate location, hence the CCTV footage.
Phone is thrown in to the back of the bin wagon directly, unbeknown to the driver.

Corrie turned down the lift because he was still hoping to "pull".

Having deleted my post (thankfully replied to above) I want to tie up as much in to this theory.

Ride in town- unrelated
Behaviour- unrelated
Dog- unrelated
Sleep- Not planned

On waking he checks is dating apps, spots a message from someone less than 50m away, chats for 20 mins, then goes to meet them at the F12 location. This location is known to them (including door entry) due to previous stay.
This person arrived before the obtained recordings and left after the 4PM cut off point.
They whistle to get Corries attention as he is only heading to an approximate location, hence the CCTV footage.
Phone is thrown in to the back of the bin wagon directly, unbeknown to the driver.

Corrie turned down the lift because he was still hoping to "pull".
And this person could be male or female, known or unknown to C.

Hello, my first post. It's been an interesting read so far.

This case reminds me of one that was very public in 2001. The case of the gruesomely named 'Limbs in the Loch' killer William Ian Beggs who was convicted in 2001 of murdering a young Kilmarnock man Barry Wallace. Wallace was alone, the worse for drink and picked up by Beggs. It was quite a shock in the area.

Barry was split up from his group in Kilmarnock after a Christmas night out
http://www.scotsman.com/news/father-tells-how-he-had-to-identify-son-s-severed-head-1-576521

Killer Beggs Preferred picking up drunk straight men with lure of more drink
http://www.scotsman.com/news/beggs-a-sexual-predator-according-to-dead-friend-1-577603

Killer William Ian Beggs had a prior history
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/1595305.stm

I do hope that the much expounded 'limited' resources expended by the local force have not been focused to a large extent on checking, re-checking and verifying CCTV to the exclusion of more traditional (dare I say tried-and-tested) detective work.

The decision not to search for that phone at the waste disposal site, the very late-in-the-day extension of door-to-door questioning - are perhaps just 2 examples of methods which would have surely been followed up more rigorously in the past. Did they check the relevant offenders in the area? Apparently Begg's name flashed up like 'a christmas tree' when police checked 2 days after Barry's death.

Barry was, like Corrie, not perceived to be gay, however, like Corrie, he may just have been in the wrong place at the wrong time, and through a fuzzy judgement (through drink) and a lack of company of friends, played into the hands of someone who would take advantage.

I hope not, but just an extension of some ideas already discussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member