DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Done a runner with no money.
Done a runner with no car.
Done a runner with no preparation.
Done a runner upsetting family he has no reason to upset.
Done a runner at 3am in the morning when pretty drunk.
Done a runner leaving his beloved dog behind in his room.
Done a runner when he was supposedly having a good life.

I doubt it.

If he happend to have recently been told he was going to be posted to a war-zone or something like that - then I'd agree that AWOL is something to really consider, but I have heard nothing like that.

That is useful to know as sometimes I take a stand back as I'm afraid I'll say something that isn't allowed 🤐😯

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I know what you mean!
The Mods can't always get back to us quickly because they're very busy and also because of the time difference eg if we're posting early morning they're still sleeping ;) so I always check 'The Rules' as detailed on the forum before I bother them. Usually I find my answer there but once or twice I've asked directly.

I have a feeling that Chellbu may be concerned that what he/she wants to post is something sensitive/graphic rather than something in breach of ToS.

I doubt it.

If he happend to have recently been told he was going to be posted to a war-zone or something like that - then I'd agree that AWOL is something to really consider, but I have heard nothing like that.

If you don't want anyone to know you've gone awol but rather missing then you would plan it to look like missing.
He did a lot to get noticed that night. Was acting drunk in the club, sang with the band, bought lots of food, played Rock Paper Scissors with a stranger.

Leaving the dog, the car, are also ways of making awol look like missing. Somebody has helped perhaps by meeting up with some clothes and cash.
We don't know he was having a good life.
We only know what we have been told by the family.

His body language on the Horseshoe CCTV doesn’t strike me as that of a man who is arriving at a scheduled meeting with someone who is already waiting in the area.

He’s walking down the left-hand side of the street at a fast pace, as if he’s originally intending to pass straight by the Horseshoe. If he intended to head straight into there, wouldn’t he be in the middle or on the right side of the street?

It looks more like a spontaneous reaction to turn into the area - as he passes, his attention is drawn by some kind of object and suddenly he gets a thought in his head that it could be interesting or useful - an unlocked bike on the rack to help him get back home more quickly, some discarded clothes to put on to keep warm or a discreet place to go to the toilet.

Perhaps, even, he sees someone at one of the parked cars and goes over to ask them whether they might be heading in his direction.

Either that, or one of the back doors or gates is open and he senses an opportunity to find somewhere more comfortable to bed down.

I posted something similar after watching the CCTV in slow motion; it does'nt appear that he originally intended to go straight to that area, although perhaps the person he was meeting (if indeed he was) parked up there rather than in the street to be less conspicuous.

IMO it looks as though Corrie looks at the camera intentionally.

If you don't want anyone to know you've gone awol but rather missing then you would plan it to look like missing.
He did a lot to get noticed that night. Was acting drunk in the club, sang with the band, bought lots of food, played Rock Paper Scissors with a stranger.

Leaving the dog, the car, are also ways of making awol look like missing. Somebody has helped perhaps by meeting up with some clothes and cash.
We don't know he was having a good life.
We only know what we have been told by the family.

Agree especially with the last part. Families are rarely 2.0 perfect and sunny. Everyone has something in their family that's less than rosy.

The statements "beloved dog" "having a good life" and "upsetting family he has no need to upset" is assumption based on what select few of the family are saying.

I'm not sure I'd air my dirty laundry regarding family issues if it's not deemed relevant to the third party scenario being pushed.

I mentioned earlier elsewhere when asked about the dog, I'm a dog owner and a responsible and compassionate one at that. I don't feel you are a responsible dog owner if you buy one knowing your accommodation is not suitable for one or your job means you cannot fully care for the dog.

The Forces TV one isn't the one I was thinking of either. I definitely saw it on iplayer so it was BBC content.
Hence my earlier confused post!
I can't find it anywhere now and I had it bookmarked. This is frustrating. :tantrum:

It was on. BBC look east but I can't find it either...Must of been taken down. I do know the one you mean though

But the point is we can't, because he hasn't been seen on cctv and would had to have been if he left area. Not just talking about HS but not seen anywhere else on cctv in BSE!
He'd only have to get by the Cornhill one and we have plenty already doing that it seems.

Agree especially with the last part. Families are rarely 2.0 perfect and sunny. Everyone has something in their family that's less than rosy.

The statements "beloved dog" "having a good life" and "upsetting family he has no need to upset" is assumption based on what select few of the family are saying.

I'm not sure I'd air my dirty laundry regarding family issues if it's not deemed relevant to the third party scenario being pushed.

I mentioned earlier elsewhere when asked about the dog, I'm a dog owner and a responsible and compassionate one at that. I don't feel you are a responsible dog owner if you buy one knowing your accommodation is not suitable for one or your job means you cannot fully care for the dog.

I concur with the last paragraph - as a dog owner, but it's already been said he did things others would not.

I thought this and wondered if he heard it move - or is this a fixed camera (sorry to ask but I've lost the plot with which is/isn't fixed)
Rotates 5 positions every 3 mins I think so the position showing him going in, it would not be back in that position till 3.27 giving him plenty of time to get past cornhill still camera or across to SB to a car or leave H/S by vehicle seen or unseen.

I concur with the last paragraph - as a dog owner, but it's already been said he did things others would not.

It was just supposed to be an example how in my opinion while it's been alluded to that louelle is a reason for not wanting to leave Corrie made irresponsible choices in selfishly purchasing a dog opposed to getting one for the right reasons (again in my opinion)

Equally I lived with a man once who loved his dog, she was his only true companion but he consistently went out night after night getting his alcohol fix and left her to it, all alone and defecating everywhere.( For anyone interested or concerned the man was my uncle, he has serious alcohol and mental health issues. I contacted another uncle of mine to take and rehome the dog and she now is healthy and has a lovely life.)

All I'm getting at really is that loving a dog doesn't mean you wouldn't leave it behind, more so when you've gotten it selfishly. To me it contradicts louelle being his beloved dog.

Again all my own opinion.

As for the assumptions of a good life or not family issues, you can't really make those assumptions when you're not a family member. I wouldn't expect anyone to outwardly expose their personal affairs.

I thought when he looked back that maybe he'd heard a noise behind him? We can see people running around, clubs are emptying and there would likely be people shouting and laughing?

The Forces TV one isn't the one I was thinking of either. I definitely saw it on iplayer so it was BBC content.
Hence my earlier confused post!
I can't find it anywhere now and I had it bookmarked. This is frustrating. :tantrum:

I can't copy it over. Just watched it, slow viewing on mine anyway, but there. It's on thread 10, BBC Look East search. Was broadcast 12 December and the link I found in discussion is dated around 15December.

I doubt it.

An extremely doubtful exception might be if someone had recently been told they had terminal cancer and they didn't know how to tell their family, didn't want to go through months of suffering without a cure in sight and wanted to go out on a high note after a good drunken night with friends and a belly full of takeaway, and just walk off into the sunset so to speak and never be seen again. And he might not have known that was going to be the outcome when he set out that night, it might have been nagging at the back of his brain, and it wasn't until he was sitting in the doorway that he looked back and thought he'd have a great chat with his brother, but despite having plans to have his brother down the next weekend and visit family in Scotland at Halloween he just couldn't face seeing them face-to-face and either having to tell them or keep it from them, so kind of go out on a high note with a bit of dutch courage in him.

At his age I'd think it doubtful, but there is a logic in it.

Huge potential in this. My gripe would be the third party who has kept his secret and not been tempted by the reward money. Either a damn good friend or a partner.
I think he has planned to meet and spend some time with a partner and has just decided not to come back. I don't think he was as happy as his family believe and I have previously explained I think he was lonely. He knew the puppy would be looked after. I believe he had a long wait as the partner was coming from some distance away or was working late. JMO.

I can't copy it over. Just watched it, slow viewing on mine anyway, but there. It's on thread 10, BBC Look East search. Was broadcast 12 December and the link I found in discussion is dated around 15December.

[video=youtube;PtdiCxi9NLk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtdiCxi9NLk#action=share[/video]

Sorry, I completely forgot to note who it was originally posted by, and I've closed the other window now :-/

I think he has planned to meet and spend some time with a partner and has just decided not to come back. I don't think he was as happy as his family believe and I have previously explained I think he was lonely. He knew the puppy would be looked after. I believe he had a long wait as the partner was coming from some distance away or was working late. JMO.
I agree, unsure if it was pre planned or decided during the weekend that he wasn't coming back.

[video=youtube;PtdiCxi9NLk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtdiCxi9NLk#action=share[/video]

Sorry, I completely forgot to note who it was originally posted by, and I've closed the other window now :-/
It was CJ in a response to Miss French, I think? Thank you for taking it across for Dance card.

I don't have the answer....But I did post a suggestion on another post that the Police only want the person themselves to come forward?

If you remember the guy on the bike CCTV from the Greenwoods camera that gives an indication to me that either lower quality or more distant shots are being deliberately released. Where the guy on the bike is in the still is right next to the first CCTV camera that Corrie was on and then there is another camera on a lamppost opposite Mama Mia's. So surely one or both of these caught the guy on the bike?
So you think they have deliberately issued the worst images and they have better ones available . I think these are the best they have and often all they have. The guy on the bike will prob only be seen from the rear once he turns the corner by the grapes and side view only from Mama mias camera IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli