UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think to be strictly correct some posters suggested it might be distressing, afaik there is no suggestion from the family that this is the case but I;d really like it to be cleared up once and for all. A link would be really helpful if anyone has one
Yup, that would be helpful... Why would a CCTV of him being asleep be distressing, unless there's something on it to cause distress, sleeping not being one...

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

Can anyone clarify, is the footage of the remaining people on cctv taken in the doorway at corn hill the private footage from inside Hughes, or am I completely wrong?

Hughes shop door way is like an alcove. The shop front is brick front parallel to the street so a CCTV camera on the same wall wouldn't be able to see into the alcove if anything untoward was happening.
Greenwoods camera is the only camera I can see of that would allow proper visibility of goings on (granted limited alcove intrusion) in the doorway.
[/QUOTE]

thanks for posting the camera position. I saw the alcove online but if the camera is as per ur green annotation how can they know so definitively if he was sleeping?

snipped images for thread's sake

I think to be strictly correct some posters suggested it might be distressing, afaik there is no suggestion from the family that this is the case but I;d really like it to be cleared up once and for all. A link would be really helpful if anyone has one
I agree that a link regarding this needs to be provided or that it be clear it is just the posters' opinions otherwise off we go again another thread gone. Or the actual cctv being provided to N would help too ideally please police.

You're telling me this bears up to further scrutiny. I can certainly see what Trefrew means in the last paragraph. At the risk of letting my conspiracy theory minded nature get the better of me, we have a very interesting situation here: a town-centre bolt hole for anyone who knows the combination lock number and fancies a bit of illicit sex, drugs or who knows what else.

I can certainly see Corrie talking to anyone who was hanging around the entrance - he's been doing that since he went into the first pub.

I can certainly see him going in if invited - what better place to get some shut-eye until the morning when he can safely collect his car? And what his mother has said recently gives me reason to think he would go in without any qualms.

If the person inviting him in was a homosexual predator, he must have thought he'd won the lottery. The point here is not whether Corrie is gay or not - it's whether he is perceived as being gay, or as being tempted in that direction.

Focus12 have both the excuse (confidentiality) and the reason (catastrophic loss of business) to keep quiet about and/or cover up what is going on there.

No-one who uses the place "illegally" (like the 2 that Nicola spoke to, for instance) is going to come forward, even if they aren't remotely connected to Corrie's disappearance.

I can't help but think that this place holds the key to Corrie's fate, but I've thought that about most aspects of this case. However, unless something is going on behind the scenes that we don't know about (and we wouldn't, of course), I am worried by the apparent ease with which its potential relevance is being dismissed.
- i agree a lot with this post - nicola herself got the information that people live in that place when there is not meant to be anyone there - that makes it need urgent revision of its security - a knocking shop or drugs den at the weekends? does not sound too good at all. other people mentioned that they had seen people go in there after smoking weed outside. rehab is meant to be that but they are all adults and who is going to follow them around watching what they do? however i do think that if corrie had planned going into that building then his walk would not have been down the left hand side of the street and then a sneaky look up the street and into the horseshoe. would you not just walk in there and go to the back and thru the door/gate? from all that we have seen of corrie walking around - he is not doing anything wrong at all - then he gets there and makes it look like a sneaky action - like he does not want to be spotted - why not?

I agree that a link regarding this needs to be provided or that it be clear it is just the posters' opinions otherwise off we go again another thread gone. Or the actual cctv being provided to N would help too ideally please police.
The only thing I can think of, that the footage is not relevant, if it just shows him asleep and the odd passerby seeing if he's OK and if they've identified the people asking if he's OK, no reason to show it.

- i agree a lot with this post - nicola herself got the information that people live in that place when there is not meant to be anyone there - that makes it need urgent revision of its security - a knocking shop or drugs den at the weekends? does not sound too good at all. other people mentioned that they had seen people go in there after smoking weed outside. rehab is meant to be that but they are all adults and who is going to follow them around watching what they do? however i do think that if corrie had planned going into that building then his walk would not have been down the left hand side of the street and then a sneaky look up the street and into the horseshoe. would you not just walk in there and go to the back and thru the door/gate? from all that we have seen of corrie walking around - he is not doing anything wrong at all - then he gets there and makes it look like a sneaky action - like he does not want to be spotted - why not?

It does sound like Focus 12 need to tighten up their procedures. You'd think it would be noticable if people were using the building when they shouldn't be, even if not staying overnight. It woould be very useful to know exactly how customers get access to that building and how the booking system operates. Smoking weed outside a rehab just doesn't sound right to me, I can't help but think they must be hating this scrutiny, hardly a good advert for their expensive services

JMO

We're speculating on "information released".
And por que no ! It is what it is or what we are told.

But it not what is known.
What is known, is probably "a lot more". That maybe why the police aren't getting involved with "appeals".

I hope so....as then the police look stupid.

Hermit made a fab post in the final few pages of thread 12.

It was about assessing types of drunk (Corrie=happy drunk) and body language in the two CCTVs.

I would like to 1) agree with everything said, and 2)add a few more points to it.

In addition to being a 'happy drunk' Corrie hugged two people that night. First was the doorman on flex, who has said that when Corrie arrived at the club he was asked if he was drunk, said "yes, I love you" and hugged the doorman. (I hope that's a reasonably accurate description of what was said).

The second hug was USAF guy in the pizza shop. When they said goodbye, he has also said that Corrie gave him a hug.

So Corrie wasn't just a happy drunk, he was a happy, very friendly, chatty, huggy drunk! And he also liked to do some singing/performing/karaoke type stuff (got up on the stage and sang a song with the singer/guitar guy).

Then Hermit has discussed Corrie's body language in the first CCTV. I'm going to have to paraphrase more here, but as Corrie's turned the corner and the men on the corner outside the grapes are sort of in his way, Corrie's line wobbles a bit, he drops something and bends down to pick it up, and Hermit suggested maybe that's why Corrie decided it's time to sit down and eat his chips. (I have suggested in another post that Corrie may have eaten half his food while he was sitting outside the pizza place chatting with USAF guy, but everyone seems to be in agreement that Corrie's still carrying at least a tray of chips?)

So Corrie's sat down in Hughes doorway to eat his chips...and he's had a lot to drink, a full belly, and he's dozed off.

What is out of character here? Nothing. Everyone who's spoken has said this is all entirely in character for Corrie.

So, I would like to kind of challenge the assumptions that this night was different from any other. In the Q&A Nicola said that though the guys did leave Corrie behind accidentally, when they got to BSE and alighted from the cars they did notice Corrie wasn't with them, so they gave him a call and invited/told him to come and join them. Was Corrie really Friendless Freddy who didn't get on with the rest of the team and they didn't really want him around? If that was the case they didn't have to call him, but they did. The puppy seems to be evidence that the other guys in quarters were quite happy that Corrie had a puppy there (even though Nicola says he wasn't really supposed to have a puppy in his room).

So, again, I would like to challenge/play Devil's Advocate with some of the assumptions that Corrie had no friends, he was depressed to the point of possibly wanting to end it all, or at least enough to go AWOL from his job, his friends of 3-years at Honington, his work hard, play hard 'lifestyle' in the RAF, his brothers, his mum and stepdad, his dad and stepmum and paternal grandparents. Corrie had spent 40 minutes on the phone to one brother that night planning Darroch's visit to BSE the following weekend. Corrie had already got a plane ticket to go visit his grandparents for Halloween.

I don't believe anything happened that night that made Corrie want to run away from everything he had, all his family plus everything he'd worked for for three years. I don't see anything in his behaviour that night to indicate that something has happened recently to make him feel that way and that this drunken night is actually part of his AWOL plan.

Furthermore, and I probably shouldn't tack it on here, but I will.

Corrie didn't pull that night. Corrie's drunk and wobbly, he's past the point of getting off with anyone. When he wakes in the doorway at 3.08 he's not thinking of a hook-up with a stranger...he's still got alcohol in his system, he's eaten two burgers, a kebab, a slice of pizza, a tray of chips. It's gone 3 in the morning and he's feeling the drink and the food and a bit of a chill in the night air. His bum is cold from sitting/laying in the doorway. I don't believe he's looking for a stranger hook-up via an app. His GPS is turned off on his phone, so no one on the other end of one of those apps can see that Corrie is in proximity.

Given all of this, yes Corrie probably went into the horseshoe for a pee. His car is still in town, he is 'probably' wondering what to do for a few hours until he can drive the car back to base. He could be thinking of knocking on a friend's door in town and sleeping on their sofa. Could be another option in his intentions, but I doubt it was to walk back to base, hook-up via an app, commit suicide, or go go AWOL. I think the thing is, what is left (what are his intentions) and what intersects with those intentions to lead to not being seen again for 3 months....

I'm not trying to bash anyone's ideas, but things still seem all over the place in these threads, and we sometimes seem to forget where we've been before, and I think that from the behavioural analysis side, that this is a reasonable wrap-up of what we have learned and can ascertain from what we've seen and been told about Corrie as a person and that night in BSE.

And I just want to put these thoughts, not to change minds, but maybe as part of pulling some things together for some of us, and for further debate and discussion...add to what I've said, challenge me back, whatever.

F12 has a camera on the gate. Surely that's been looked into ?

I know I'm going to get shot down here but extracting information from the recent Q&A session, the phone and bin lorry movements seem to look like this...
(I'll now take cover and wait for the fallout lol).
aab5af4b6593214405710592d76ce857.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
exactly! did we not absolutely rule out the poor bin man last night? i think whoever took corrie, did so by driving to a remote location somewhere off those marked routes. regardless of whether its <modsnip> sex, or possibly a fight, you are not goint to do it in public or where cries might be seen or heard. IF there was an innocent drop off round about the 5 ways roundabout, then something untoward happened on the route towards honington. i have often done country walks and just about broken my neck in daylight, tripping over concealed tree roots. I can accept an accident but surely locals would have searched their own land by now?

That's great confirmation. Defo no landfill to search then.
Not unless they hope to dig up long ago disused sites.
80%of Suffolk rubbish is recycled now.
The rest is incinerated and I do believe Nicola has covered this in q&a about temps etc.
I'm totally ruling out the bin lorry and landfill.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Tapatalk

Hermit made a fab post in the final few pages of thread 12.

It was about assessing types of drunk (Corrie=happy drunk) and body language in the two CCTVs.

I would like to 1) agree with everything said, and 2)add a few more points to it.

In addition to being a 'happy drunk' Corrie hugged two people that night. First was the doorman on flex, who has said that when Corrie arrived at the club he was asked if he was drunk, said "yes, I love you" and hugged the doorman. (I hope that's a reasonably accurate description of what was said).

The second hug was USAF guy in the pizza shop. When they said goodbye, he has also said that Corrie gave him a hug.

So Corrie wasn't just a happy drunk, he was a happy, very friendly, chatty, huggy drunk! And he also liked to do some singing/performing/karaoke type stuff (got up on the stage and sang a song with the singer/guitar guy).

Then Hermit has discussed Corrie's body language in the first CCTV. I'm going to have to paraphrase more here, but as Corrie's turned the corner and the men on the corner outside the grapes are sort of in his way, Corrie's line wobbles a bit, he drops something and bends down to pick it up, and Hermit suggested maybe that's why Corrie decided it's time to sit down and eat his chips. (I have suggested in another post that Corrie may have eaten half his food while he was sitting outside the pizza place chatting with USAF guy, but everyone seems to be in agreement that Corrie's still carrying at least a tray of chips?)

So Corrie's sat down in Hughes doorway to eat his chips...and he's had a lot to drink, a full belly, and he's dozed off.

What is out of character here? Nothing. Everyone who's spoken has said this is all entirely in character for Corrie.

So, I would like to kind of challenge the assumptions that this night was different from any other. In the Q&A Nicola said that though the guys did leave Corrie behind accidentally, when they got to BSE and alighted from the cars they did notice Corrie wasn't with them, so they gave him a call and invited/told him to come and join them. Was Corrie really Friendless Freddy who didn't get on with the rest of the team and they didn't really want him around? If that was the case they didn't have to call him, but they did. The puppy seems to be evidence that the other guys in quarters were quite happy that Corrie had a puppy there (even though Nicola says he wasn't really supposed to have a puppy in his room).

So, again, I would like to challenge/play Devil's Advocate with some of the assumptions that Corrie had no friends, he was depressed to the point of possibly wanting to end it all, or at least enough to go AWOL from his job, his friends of 3-years at Honington, his work hard, play hard 'lifestyle' in the RAF, his brothers, his mum and stepdad, his dad and stepmum and paternal grandparents. Corrie had spent 40 minutes on the phone to one brother that night planning Darroch's visit to BSE the following weekend. Corrie had already got a plane ticket to go visit his grandparents for Halloween.

I don't believe anything happened that night that made Corrie want to run away from everything he had, all his family plus everything he'd worked for for three years. I don't see anything in his behaviour that night to indicate that something has happened recently to make him feel that way and that this drunken night is actually part of his AWOL plan.

Furthermore, and I probably shouldn't tack it on here, but I will.

Corrie didn't pull that night. Corrie's drunk and wobbly, he's past the point of getting off with anyone. When he wakes in the doorway at 3.08 he's not thinking of a hook-up with a stranger...he's still got alcohol in his system, he's eaten two burgers, a kebab, a slice of pizza, a tray of chips. It's gone 3 in the morning and he's feeling the drink and the food and a bit of a chill in the night air. His bum is cold from sitting/laying in the doorway. I don't believe he's looking for a stranger hook-up via an app. His GPS is turned off on his phone, so no one on the other end of one of those apps can see that Corrie is in proximity.

Given all of this, yes Corrie probably went into the horseshoe for a pee. His car is still in town, he is 'probably' wondering what to do for a few hours until he can drive the car back to base. He could be thinking of knocking on a friend's door in town and sleeping on their sofa. Could be another option in his intentions, but I doubt it was to walk back to base, hook-up via an app, commit suicide, or go go AWOL. I think the thing is, what is left (what are his intentions) and what intersects with those intentions to lead to not being seen again for 3 months....

I'm not trying to bash anyone's ideas, but things still seem all over the place in these threads, and we sometimes seem to forget where we've been before, and I think that from the behavioural analysis side, that this is a reasonable wrap-up of what we have learned and can ascertain from what we've seen and been told about Corrie as a person and that night in BSE.

And I just want to put these thoughts, not to change minds, but maybe as part of pulling some things together for some of us, and for further debate and discussion...add to what I've said, challenge me back, whatever.

This is an incredibly sensible post. I think we'd need to ascertain his normal movements, how he normally got home and what his normal nights out in bury were like.

My only issues are these, while the night seems normal I think there's evidence out there that suggest Corrie had issues and was visiting raf marham for help. The umbrella includes alcoholism, gambling, help with difficult situations or relationships (or ending of them) and indicates a good reason why louelle may have been overlooked.

I touched on it briefly before, we don't know his family dynamic. We don't know any past arguments, bones of contentions, anything. We have the word of a close knit family but that's just it. Perhaps joining the raf was a way of gaining structure in a rather messy lifestyle. This is why I think awol (or even suicidal intentions) cannot be ruled out. The job may not be the issue rather there may Be life issues (debt, relationship break ups, family issues)

I also feel we're getting a "lite" description of Corrie. I'm a 26 year old female so I understand it can be charming to come across a good looking Scottish serviceman. But when he's drunk there's a fine line between flattery and intimidation. There's all the possibility hes intimidated girls, or groups of people, perhaps even the wrong people. Which maybe be a normal night for him but when the variables (Aka people he interacts with) changes the outcome can change.

Welcome aboard...

After watching the video several times, I don't understand the logic of his little skip or whatever it is at the start... To me it looks like he's just gotten away from someone after being pursued?

They must of examined the CCTV footage looking down where he's last seen. It depends of course if that is a moving or static camera where he's finally caught on.

it looks most like a drunken stumble to me? like tripping over his own feet a bit? scuffing them along on the ground? when i do same its a theatrical plunge thru the air and everyone looks at me - that is without drinking - corrie just tripped? why are people making a big deal of this? maybe you are seeing something i dont

We've ruled out tinder <modsnip> etc cos no gps turned on, we just ruled out landfill and we did rule bin out last night but I can't remember how now? Can someone remind me?

We've ruled out tinder <modsnip> etc cos no gps turned on, we just ruled out landfill and we did rule bin out last night but I can't remember how now? Can someone remind me?

Bin lorry would have to have driven over 70mph to get within mast distance from roundabout (or similar)

it looks most like a drunken stumble to me? like tripping over his own feet a bit? scuffing them along on the ground? when i do same its a theatrical plunge thru the air and everyone looks at me - that is without drinking - corrie just tripped? why are people making a big deal of this? maybe you are seeing something i dont

N has said it was a trip/stumble (not sure if she was told or seen other footage).

This is answered on the find corrie website that it was a stumble over uneven ground. The FAQs have been be edited and I read this was known because the family had seen it on cctv.

No pursuit, no jogging, esp with his hands in his pockets...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haizljnes01