UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
would anyone have any idea of what this homeless man looks like? has he ever been seen in any of the stills or cctv ? was he an older guy? looking like a tramp rather than just a regular dressed guy who was homeless? makes you wonder if there was a homelss man or this was part of some plot? mind boggles really it does

I know the feeling. If it weren't for the fact that I've bag loads of tenacity, understanding and humility for this forum as well as it being semi anonymous, I'd be wind milling fellow sleuthers and (complete as applicable) skywards in rapid succession.
Egg on face regular+thick skin=pass the hanky and crack on regardless.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ha ha ha - what you're interpreting as tenacity is advancing madness brought on by this thread! :dance:

I have it now too - 1,30 and I am reading first responses by Mum and various other pertinent materials

“It sounds ridiculous but if *anyone could show up after three or even six weeks and say, ‘You will not believe what happened to me!’ it would be Corrie.
“If you can think it, Corrie will have done it.
“He’s been hit by a car, he’s fallen out of windows and there’s never been a scratch on him.
“He bounces back every single time.”
before i thought it was a couple of weeks- see what happens when ur a johnny come lately

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1980803/mystery-swirls-after-raf-gunner-corrie-mckeague-vanishes-off-face-of-the-earth-from-near-terror-snatch-site/

only joking u know with the quips

“It sounds ridiculous but if *anyone could show up after three or even six weeks and say, ‘You will not believe what happened to me!’ it would be Corrie.
“If you can think it, Corrie will have done it.
“He’s been hit by a car, he’s fallen out of windows and there’s never been a scratch on him.
“He bounces back every single time.”

This sounds like a young man who takes risks. Maybe too many risks.

This sounds like a young man who takes risks. Maybe too many risks.

3-6 weeks! ( that's from 14 Oct Sun )
Previously I assumed she was saying a week or so when I heard her say something similar in more recent interviews.
That statement infers to almost anyone that it's characteristic behaviour and thus it's ok to speculate he has done this before, but for a shorter period.

Am not impugning the mother etc. but have started to wonder if Corrie has painted himself into a corner now, >100+ days down the line.

would anyone have any idea of what this homeless man looks like? has he ever been seen in any of the stills or cctv ? was he an older guy? looking like a tramp rather than just a regular dressed guy who was homeless? makes you wonder if there was a homelss man or this was part of some plot? mind boggles really it does
The homeless guy was after Corrie bought his food and there was no picture of him released because he was spoken to very early on in the investigation. The information came from the family. I have no idea how're was dressed but he was referred to as homeless. Some of the very early Press links and interviews are no longer available and this was before the website was put together.

Just to add to my previous post. 28 mins from last Bury ping to first BM is potentially walking or running speed.

The past few hours from me have been feeding two possible theories:

1- That the HS and all parties in and around could be irrelevant because there is a perfectly logical reason as to how the phone ends up in the wagon but not via HS bin. This reason is that he met somebody between 0324 and say 0415 who disposed of the phone in another Biffa bin. A prime example being the bin for the other Greggs, on a route he could have walked to a very common meeting point. The bin is then collected by the same wagon etc.

2- Secondary I will try and simplify. 450AM BM ping is not as a result of the lorry carrying the phone, it is the phone arriving earlier in BM in an "power off" state and then being turned on, at 0450. If we go with this then realistically we have a period of 0308-0450 when the phone could go to BM.
Now why do I believe this to be potential? Well simply 28 minutes is too long to get from the last possible BSE ping (Flempton area) to the first BM (Icklingham). Remember, a ping does not identify you as being in anything other than a 5 mile radius. In reality the goodbye and hello pings should only be 5 minutes apart, therefore 28 minutes is just not relevant to anything at all unless it took 28 minutes to.drive the distance from Flempton to Icklingham, but even then the departure time from HS is massively wrong The phone clearly goes to inside the BM mast but the time and method are not at all concrete and this is why the landfill was not searched.
JMO

We may be on to something here that's really important. I feel sure the 28 mins was mast to mast or centre to roundabout. If so, the 28 mins seems about right for a LGV/HGV travelling with low acceleration, travelling through villages of 30mph speed limit. I seem to recall the speed limit has been increased for that weight of vehicle from 40-50mph? Regardless, let's keep plugging away at it. We're nearly there! :)

The only method of being able to estimate the speed at which the phone is moving is to go from last ping from Mast A to first ping in Mast B. All we know is of the 0450 ping at BM, but if the phone is on (and updating apps etc) then that; on the A1101; is probably Icklingham, this therefore puts the bin wagon at taking closer to 40 minutes to arrive at Fiveways from HS, an average speed of 22MPH
So to me 28 minutes is simply the time between the wagon leaving HS and the BM ping, rendering the theory of bin wagon difficult because it does not factor in the last ping of the phone in BSE mast area, unless somebody wants to tell me the phone pinged for the last time at the exact moment that the lorry left?

We may be on to something here that's really important. I feel sure the 28 mins was mast to mast or centre to roundabout. If so, the 28 mins seems about right for a LGV/HGV travelling with low acceleration, travelling through villages of 30mph speed limit. I seem to recall the speed limit has been increased for that weight of vehicle from 40-50mph? Regardless, let's keep plugging away at it. We're nearly there! :)

Okay even though I feel AWOL is unlikely I have a couple of questions about that as a possibility.

<modsnip>
Why September? he had plans with family and if I remember rightly was due to be paid.

It doesn't feel right to me but maybe because I'm thinking he would have set up some sort of care for his dog, picked up his money, sold his car ect if he was going to just vanish.

Layman's Terms:

HS to edge of BSE mast range is 5 miles.

HS to BM mast is 15 miles.

BM mast radius also of 5 miles.

This leaves a 5 mile gap which is where we measure the speed. Ping to Ping we are told is 28 mins, so 5 miles in 28 mins is 11Mph. Too fast to run or walk, but too slow for a vehicle.

Only option is a bike, or somebody simply turned the phone on at 0450 within 5 miles of BM mast.

:websleuther::fireworks: :bowdown: :fireworks::fireworks2:

Kudos indeed.

Now what do we do about an unidentified bike witness who may not even be related to this or a 4.50am reason to switch on that phone so close to BSE.
that's no longer a car blocked behind the bin lorry
nor an intentional dump of the phone in lorry nor a different bin en route

.......someone switches it on, depositing it there to create a false trail ?
.......or switches it on to check some other comms/send a comm at that approx location? why? to get a lift/pick up?
.......etc etc

The pennies not dropping with me but just woke up and it's past 3.

And why does this area have so many dang cameras?

It's the UK Beth, we are all under constant surveillance! It's so prevalent now that's probably why you don't see it create much comment.
It reduces crime and makes us safe ;)

Someone is DEFINATELY telling untruths in the system or trying to be discreet with information, economical with the truth, misinformed....call it what you will. I make no wonder we're 13+ Threads in and no further forward!
0324-around0430?!!
0149aa442b385170abef35f5d67f211f.jpg

What untruths are you referring to, MidsummersDay?

This is the exact same information we've known since (at least) 17 October.

3.24am to around 4.30am: Police were able to trace Corrie’s mobile phone from Bury to the Barton Mills area, near Mildenhall, at a speed only a vehicle could travel at. His phone was not used after this and it has not been found.
http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/corrie_m...t_edmunds_more_than_three_weeks_ago_1_4728748

"Around" 4:30 has also been referenced as "about/around 5am," so the exact time is obviously somewhere within that 30 minute timeframe. I'd personally just split the difference and say approx 4:45.

It last pinged the mast about 5am when it was either turned off/ran out of battery/damaged.
http://www.findcorrie.co.uk/2016/11/11/has-corries-phone-been-checked/

His phone was traced travelling from Bury to Barton Mills at a vehicle’s speed. It pinged around 5am after which it was turned off, ran out of battery or damaged. It has not been used since.
http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/flex_nig..._he_went_missing_in_bury_st_edmunds_1_4817132

Could there be another trash company who also picked up a bin that morning in the HS? I mean the phone might be in one bin and C in another. Wonder if they finger printed the tops of the bins looking for C's print. I am liking your idea about someone he offended earlier finding him out there. The remaining crowd from Flex would be leaving the club about the time he disappears.

Except the horseshoe isn't an obvious pace for clubbers to go leaving Flex. The taxi rank is basically straight ahead from the club and whilst people might go to the takeaway and use the horseshoe as a cutthrough, why would they look for Corrie there?

Layman's Terms:

HS to edge of BSE mast range is 5 miles.

HS to BM mast is 15 miles.

BM mast radius also of 5 miles.

This leaves a 5 mile gap which is where we measure the speed. Ping to Ping we are told is 28 mins, so 5 miles in 28 mins is 11Mph. Too fast to run or walk, but too slow for a vehicle.

Only option is a bike, or somebody simply turned the phone on at 0450 within 5 miles of BM mast.

Isnt the mast range 5KM rather than 5 miles?

I was thinking last night that there is a strong possibility he is still alive. Based on the fact not one positive sighting, no body found, no leads, no new info etc. Maybe someone is keeping in captive.

I mean if he was murdered lets say, surely with all this heat on Corrie something would have been found by now. Its not exactly easy to get rid of a body is it. Unless you are a professional assassin.

All routes have been searched with a fine tooth comb. Not a thing found.

It just screams to me his still alive. Being held by someone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member