UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting post. Would this connect to the withholding of CCTV viewing even from his mother ? I remember at the beginning Nicola said that Corrie's every step was on CCTV that night - so possible that some other person (this homeless guy) also clearly visible but discretion is necessary ? Am I making sense ? Or have I totally misread your post ?
I think it could have a lot to do with it and could even explain the D notice IMO. If there is a perp or even a slight Marham connection it could explain some things.

Welcome, please try to spend some time reading previous posts related to your questions.

Can someone please refresh the details known about homeless man, as other than this site ive not heard or seen anything thanks

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm thinking he wasn't really homeless just pretending to be for surveillance purposes and C knew his real identity and knew he was getting a lift with him later (prearranged) and bought him some grub. That's why he wasn't carrying much in the grapes cctv. Now all the stuff in the media has disappeared to protect the real id of the 'homeless' guy.JMO.

what do you suppose happened to Corrie then? Did he make his lift with the "homeless" guy?

this theory is the most interesting I've come across and makes sense given the "homeless" guy's disappearance from the media. That type of guy doesn't seem like he would do Corrie over...

I'm thinking he wasn't really homeless just pretending to be for surveillance purposes and C knew his real identity and knew he was getting a lift with him later (prearranged) and bought him some grub. That's why he wasn't carrying much in the grapes cctv. Now all the stuff in the media has disappeared to protect the real id of the 'homeless' guy.JMO.
Oh Shiressleuth very good theory.

Ok I think the homeless guy has something to do with this and I think C knows him. I think he met C in the horseshoe after he had finished his obs on his targets. C bought a lot of food and gave some to homeless guy as well as saying to him "looks like I'm walking home mate" after chatting about why he had to leave Flex. They may have arranged the lift when homeless guy finished his obs which would have been around 3 -3.15 as the place he was obbing closed at 3. This is my opinion and also explains why there is now no mention of this person for obvious reasons. Now I will catch up on the last few pages.

Certainly an interesting idea, and probably the first really new one we've had in weeks.

If we go on what we know as facts as well as logic, the simplest idea as to what has happend is.......

He willingly went off in a car towards Barton Mills and his phone went with him.

But, to what extent would the Police be able to investigate the 4 vehicles that came in and out that area? What can they do, can they forensically search each car? I have bought this up before - and someone said they could do forensics on the car, someone said they couldn't.

I assume you would find DNA in a car even if the car had been cleaned tooth and comb?

Would be good to know what powers Police would have in terms of investigating these vehicles and their owners. If we can say that they would have been forensically searched and would have found Corrie's DNA in them if he'd been there.....then I don't have anything to go on anymore except that he was abducted by aliens, as I think you can at least logically / factually rule every theory as highly unlikely based on what we know.

Talking of Dogging - the horseshoe area isn't a Dogging site is it?

Hand on heart, I have no experience in the matter, but I would say it is far too public. Mind you, I still have doubts about what has been happening after hours in the Focus12 building.

There seems to be plenty of potential dogging spots between BSE and BM.

Hand on heart, I have no experience in the matter, but I would say it is far too public.

It certainly is. The police would have been on it faster than a ferret up a trouser leg.

AND there would have been CCTV in the horseshoe itself.

Possibly. During the second CCTV pod viewings there was talk of 4 minute man that seems to be forgotten. If he was called into the horseshoe then this person must have seen him and possibly talked to him?
Truth, your post reminds me of something I meant to say when the recent cctv images came out a few days ago. Over 30 have now been identified but did any of them see C? Do we know? If they haven't seen him or a vehicle, won't that indicate he left sharpish in a vehicle at 3.25 or went in a building straightaway?

If we go on what we know as facts as well as logic, the simplest idea as to what has happend is.......

He willingly went off in a car towards Barton Mills and his phone went with him.

But, to what extent would the Police be able to investigate the 4 vehicles that came in and out that area? What can they do, can they forensically search each car? I have bought this up before - and someone said they could do forensics on the car, someone said they couldn't.

I assume you would find DNA in a car even if the car had been cleaned tooth and comb?

Would be good to know what powers Police would have in terms of investigating these vehicles and their owners. If we can say that they would have been forensically searched and would have found Corrie's DNA in them if he'd been there.....then I don't have anything to go on anymore except that he was abducted by aliens, as I think you can at least logically / factually rule every theory as highly unlikely based on what we know.
His phone may not have been with him, that phone was in that garabage truck

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I am new here but have been following Corrie's disappearance properly since just before Christmas. I have tried to read all the 1000's ofprevious posts.

The concerns I have and I am sure they have been mentioned before.

Corrie has been reported as being a regimental gunner with 2 SQN in Honnington he is not a Military Policeman.

The Job Description of a Regimental Gunner specific to 2 Squadron can be found on the following Link

No.2 Squadron RAF Regiment

The MoD Global Job Description, Training,Wages, Duties etc can be found below.

RAFREGIMENT GUNNER

AWOL

I agree with the poster who advised when someone unexpectedly doesn't turn up for duty the military would class them as absent without leave (AWOL) To immediately not class him as AWOL and reported as missing tends to suggest there is something known by the authorities that is not available to the public.

Asfor his friends not speaking out I think you will find they are doingexactly what they are meant to be doing and not talking to the mediabut will have been well and truly questioned as to the groupsactivities that evening. We Joe public will not be privy to thequestions and answers.

Weather

Friday 23[SUP]rd [/SUP]September was a beautiful day where I was. I know because I drove my new sports car for the first time over a short distance with the soft top down by myself. What the weather was like in Bury I really don't know but from Corries evening dress code I suspect it was equally as warm and comfortable even at 22:00 hrs put it this way he didn't think he needed a jacket.

With Reference to Hypothermia

IMHO I think Corrie was fit enough and aware enough to recognise the symptoms of Hypothermia. If he was aware enough at 03:08 hrs to enable the manipulation of a mobile phone and send a photo to a friend he was awake and alert and had coordination. Which @ 03:08 rules out lack of co-ordination or not thinking clearly.

Everything Corrie did that evening. Made him visible noticeable and recognisable by all sorts of people until he went missing. His actions at times appear foolish immature and naive. Once again I think this could have been equally as unintentional as it could be intentional

However his digital footprint appears to have gone missing at the same point in time as his phone.

Then again a phone can be dumped in a bin before the person gets into car forcibly or willingly. The car then disappears in the opposite direction to the phone intentionally or unintentionally. The mobile phone ends up pinging on masts to the south of the Suffolk County whilst Corrie could be travelling intentionally or unintentionally to the North.

My take is 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] party involvement reason unknown.
Avery sad accident yet to be unravelled

Welcome Reacher and all new posters that we may have missed in last few days.
:welcome:

great first post

The new team are coming in with their skills and expertise as Tony Wringe has stated on findcorrie.co.uk and MacKenzie website. For me, crucial in addition, is fresh eyes and no emotional connection. They will absolutely look at every aspect, and investigate for themselves, which is what they will be paid to do. Very early days for them and JMO.Cotswold has sleuthed some comparison on what their work on the Nokia could be on the last thread. Another poster commented last night that MacKenzie had walked the route Corrie walked.
What route was that then? To BM or Hon? Via SB or Looms lane/Hollow road? Do we know?

This is what I posted up yesterday regards MIS involvement and why I think they might just find him/his phone.

Just thinking about why MIS might be useful.
One reason I can see is to do with the little known GLONASS.
GLONASS is the Russian version/equivalent to GPS.
The GPS on the Lumia may well have been manually turned off by C but because GLONASS operates using different satellites to GPS, it may well still have been active in the background.
The Nokia Lumia has both GPS and GLONASS capabilities.
This could be where MIS come into their own as they are likely to be able to put this information to use.
GLONASS is accurate to 2.8m.

And as rightly pointed out by another poster shortly after my original post, UK police & military are not permitted access to this information.
Very interesting cotswold. But MI5 and 6 would have access though surely?

Very little.
I've always found it odd that the media hasn't got hold of him/her for an interview especially given the amount of talk around the bin lorry itself.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Why should he be thrust into the spotlight when he's already been interviewed and cleared by police of having no involvement? He has a right to privacy surely?

Just imagine him in the media, he'd get ripped to bits off all sorts of people and torn to shreds by the sleuth mobs too not to mention Facebook either. I certainly wouldn't enjoy that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why do I get the feeling that this case is about to change? Seems a new overall feeling on here

This is Suffolk we're talking about. There are very few bodies of water other than the rivers. Take a look at the OS maps.

More to the point, autumn 2016 was very dry - so dry that farmers I knew in the Midlands were holding off ploughing because of the dryness of the soil. Any roadside ditches would also have been dry because there had been almost no rain for several months.

There are lots of small ponds throughout the forested areas. I dog walk there sometime, and trust me there are lots of small areas of water even during the summer

What route was that then? To BM or Hon? Via SB or Looms lane/Hollow road? Do we know?
The route he was actually on, on the night he went missing is my understanding from the post on the thread last night. Do not quote me till the original post is found.

Hi all

Second post, trying to be careful of not breaking rules but thought I'd share my thoughts, which has been raised by others in various parts and I initially dismissed but keep coming back to. Sorry for length. Been thinking a while.

So the only facts really known are:
His phone moved out towards Barton Mills
He wasn't in the back of the bin lorry, due to the 11kg weight.

Everything else is down to balance of probabilities and human nature. I think everything before falling asleep in the doorway is irrelevant. He wasn't going AWOL, he wasn't arranging a meet, he didn't bump into someone he'd argued with earlier.

After eating he decided to wait for his mates, maybe whats apped them, no response. At some point he remarks that it looks like he's walking home to a witness (people say homeless guy). Around three he wakes up, checks the time on his phone and sees he's been asleep a while. Maybe takes a selfie to send to a mate at 3.08 'just woke up in a doorway!' Or something like. Maybe what's apps his mates 'anyone still around?'. No response.
Now has to decide whether to walk home as suggested or try and wait it out to drive the car back. He chooses walking.

Sets off with a spring in his step, he's got over two hours to go and so he's getting to marching mode. Gets to horseshoe and something makes him think twice. I'm not sure what and again I don't think actually relevant.

I thought a pee but you tend to try and be as quick as possible, move with purpose. He goes cautiously. People say he may have left the phone on the bin while he had a pee. Maybe if he had it in his hand walking in but they're in his pockets so I think unlikely.
Doesn't look like he speaks to anyone but maybe someone said 'got a light mate'. On the one hand he might want to be helpful but on the other it's a bit dodgy someone hiding in the shadows so he hesitates before thinking 'sod it, it'll be fine'. It's this kind of hesitation that makes me think it wasn't a planned meet. Maybe the person is from Focus 12 and they share a cig or a joint, get chatting. Discovers he's in rehab, probably quite an interesting conversation to have, not something most people experience. If it's a joint they stay in the shadows to avoid being seen. Maybe it goes to his head and he has to sit for a while.
Maybe he gets to the horseshoe and already thinks walking is a bad idea. Sees the bins, decides to kip in it, not your finest hour so checks around to make sure no one sees.
Finally he could see the homeless guy and think 'maybe I should check on him, he did the same for me'. Gets talking to him. By this time the homeless guy might have had more drink and doesn't remember the exchange in the following days.
Anyway it doesn't matter, I don't think any serious assault can happen spontaneously in a camera riddled area without evidence.

So he is still there when the bin lorry arrives. Now comes the coincidences. It seems virtually impossible to leave on foot at the exact time a rotating camera isn't looking and isn't picked up on any other cam. Especially after a few drinks.
It also seems too much coincidence that he is last seen in a bin area, a bin lorry appears in this area, his phone then pings the general route of this lorry and at approximate vehicle speed. I just can't believe his phone is any other vehicle based on probability.
So is he with his phone? I believe so.

Trying to be careful here but imagine he says 'you don't happen to be heading out RAF Honnington way do you?'
Bin lorry Driver says no, opposite direction to BM. Corrie has a quick think. It's now 4.20 roughly and he's sobering up, getting tired, even less fancying the walk but doesn't want to just hang around. Maybe he has mates at RAF Mildenhall/Lakenheath. By the time they drive out and he walks the final leg, it'll be maybe going on six AM. Doesn't seem to have a problem waiting around for people though so might get out there and wait for them to wake up. Maybe thinks he could have breakfast with them, might be early risers in the military,and he can share the tales of the night before. get a lift back to his car.

So he asks the driver if he can have a lift. Driver normally would say no of course but maybe he sees a smart, friendly serviceman in a spot of bother, might have friends in the services or be ex services or is just a nice guy but agrees to it.
They set off, all swell, drops Corrie off. Then on the final walk C is injured some how. Hit and run, falls into water. He stays motionless and his phone, after long calls with his brother, runs out of battery at 8am approx.

Fast forward a couple of days (sorry, not sure if we know when police visited bin lorry). I imagine in that line of work, the lorry cabs are cleaned quite regularly. They ask to search it but it's already been cleaned in the cab so no forensic sign and he was never in the back, or his phone. I can't believe Corrie surfed the bin lorry all that way.

So they ask the lorry driver if he has seen C. Suddenly, what started out as a nice gesture has gone wrong. He doesn't know what's happened to C, he may just be off with mates, or if something has happened it's likely to be an accident, nothing can change that but now, probably at his place of work, if he says 'yes I gave him a lift' he loses his job.
So under pressure, makes a mistake and says no. The police have to check into him but there's no marks on him from a struggle (as there wasn't one), there's no forensic evidence in the cab, the phone isn't there, the vehicle's tacograph shows nothing odd and he says he hasn't seen him. So there's nothing else to say.

But as time goes by and it looks less likely that C is unharmed, it becomes harder and harder to come forward as no it's not just a sackable offence, it's not being truthful with police.

So don't think bin man had anything to do with harming C but this is one example I could think of that matched the known, the likelihood and a reason someone might not come forward.

Of course drink driving is another reason and open to that. There's also plenty of questions about all I've said but just giving my thoughts and hope I haven't broken any rules or bored you silly.

Why should he be thrust into the spotlight when he's already been interviewed and cleared by police of having no involvement? He has a right to privacy surely?

Just imagine him in the media, he'd get ripped to bits off all sorts of people and torn to shreds by the sleuth mobs too not to mention Facebook either. I certainly wouldn't enjoy that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, he should not be thrust into the spotlight certainly. Also I doubt he could add anything of interest.

I mentioned a few threads ago that there has been very little in the way of comments from friends, other revellers, colleagues (though understand colleagues not speaking).

Journalists are always after a story, particularly a more family orientated one to sell papers but Corrie's disappearance really hadn't made national media until a few days ago.

I hope given the time since his disappearance that people who knew Corrie won't be subjected to intrusion in this way. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm