UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why should he be thrust into the spotlight when he's already been interviewed and cleared by police of having no involvement? He has a right to privacy surely?

Just imagine him in the media, he'd get ripped to bits off all sorts of people and torn to shreds by the sleuth mobs too not to mention Facebook either. I certainly wouldn't enjoy that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh no I totally agree, he or she probably would have been open to all sorts of comments and inferences. What I meant was that in missing persons cases as well known and well reported as these, the media usually jumps on anyone and everyone directly or indirectly involved for quotes and dramatic effect in their bulletins. It's just always surprised me that in this case, nobody in the area that night other than the takeaway guys has been spoken to by the media.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

I'm thinking he wasn't really homeless just pretending to be for surveillance purposes and C knew his real identity and knew he was getting a lift with him later (prearranged) and bought him some grub. That's why he wasn't carrying much in the grapes cctv. Now all the stuff in the media has disappeared to protect the real id of the 'homeless' guy.JMO.

OMG! As I live in Bury you've got me terrified as to what major crime lords are in the town centre at night that need undercover surveillance by someone posing as a homeless guy!

But it doesn't answer what happened to Corrie if he went to the horseshoe to get a lift with homeless spy guy...

This is Suffolk we're talking about. There are very few bodies of water other than the rivers. Take a look at the OS maps.

More to the point, autumn 2016 was very dry - so dry that farmers I knew in the Midlands were holding off ploughing because of the dryness of the soil. Any roadside ditches would also have been dry because there had been almost no rain for several months.
Apparently the A1101 is the lowest road in the country according to wiki and is susceptible to flooding. It also follows the Lark along quite a bit of its route. There seems to be a lot of bodies of water near any of the potential routes but i think many have been searched. I think it was mentioned it had rained between the time he disappeared and the H/s beingsearched as it was mentioned that rain would have destroyed any potential trace of C in the bin area.

Oh no I totally agree, he or she probably would have been open to all sorts of comments and inferences. What I meant was that in missing persons cases as well known and well reported as these, the media usually jumps on anyone and everyone directly or indirectly involved for quotes and dramatic effect in their bulletins. It's just always surprised me that in this case, nobody in the area that night other than the takeaway guys has been spoken to by the media.

Incorrect, the bouncer from flex and a barman from one of the pubs corrie was in that night have also spoken to the media.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

OMG! As I live in Bury you've got me terrified as to what major crime lords are in the town centre at night that need undercover surveillance by someone posing as a homeless guy!

But it doesn't answer what happened to Corrie if he went to the horseshoe to get a lift with homeless spy guy...
Id liked you x10 if i cud

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Incorrect, the bouncer from flex and a barman from one of the pubs corrie was in that night have also spoken to the media.

My mistake, yes they've been in the media too.

Truth, your post reminds me of something I meant to say when the recent cctv images came out a few days ago. Over 30 have now been identified but did any of them see C? Do we know? If they haven't seen him or a vehicle, won't that indicate he left sharpish in a vehicle at 3.25 or went in a building straightaway?

Good question. Nothing to confirm or deny officially? but my feeling is none have seen Corrie or anything suspicious so I would agree that if a car was already parked in the horseshoe with someone in it then a good chance it departed seconds to two minutes after Corrie goes in there.

The interesting thing about the vehicle timing is the given 03:00-06:00 time frame. This indicates one vehicle went in between 03:00 and 03:24 when Corrie arrived? This time frame is nicely in line with someone going there after leaving a place that closes at 03:00?

Truth, your post reminds me of something I meant to say when the recent cctv images came out a few days ago. Over 30 have now been identified but did any of them see C? Do we know? If they haven't seen him or a vehicle, won't that indicate he left sharpish in a vehicle at 3.25 or went in a building straightaway?

Most Likely.

I have wondered this and have thought that if he hung around that area - he most likely sat on the steps outside the Focus 12 gate. Seems like the best place to sit down and not sure anybody would have been able to see him if he was sitting down behind parked cars.

Though I just get the feeling he wouldn't have sat around for long and either got in a car straight away or very soon after he got into that area. Possibly staying in the car to chat for a bit before driving off.

Has it been considered that perhaps in the footage of C entering the horseshoe, that someone shouted him over, and the pause as he looks down the road is C wondering if they're shouting him? His demeanour seems to change slightly, and I don't think he intended to go in there. Something drew him there. x

I completely agree that he wasn't planning to go to HS. I've mentioned previously that if you watch his legs, they are intending to continue. His head and thoughts switch direction suddenly towards HS, while his legs continue in the original direction for a moment or two, before falling in line with his new focus.

I completely agree that he wasn't planning to go to HS. I've mentioned previously that if you watch his legs, they are intending to continue. His head and thoughts switch direction suddenly towards HS, while his legs continue in the original direction for a moment or two, before falling in line with his new focus.

What if he had no intention but by , say, Sunday night he's decided to go off somewhere with someone just for a couple of weeks though? Since the media storm he has been put off returning.

Plenty of cases where young girls/immature do this.
Not saying this is THE answer to this riddle, just that anything is possible.

There maybe some kind of media block in place to stop the media doing that and getting involved in potential witnesses. Certainly seems to be because nobody has said anything except the bouncer and a girl from a bar and the takeaway guy which was ages ago anyway on that news report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I posted the below last night :

---

MIS have also been on location this week. Walking the same route as C, they've also watched others walking that route from a counter terroism point of view to see what someone watching C would see etc.

There was an interesting interview with them on Look East this evening.

---

It appears the 6:30pm look east edition I linked to is no longer available on the iPlayer.

What if he had no intention but by , say, Sunday night he's decided to go off somewhere with someone just for a couple of weeks though? Since the media storm he has been put off returning.

Plenty of cases where young girls/immature do this.
Not saying this is THE answer to this riddle, just that anything is possible.
Can you name a case where a girl has gone missing for months then come home? I can't think of any, they always come back with their tail between their legs after a few days.

Good question. Nothing to confirm or deny officially? but my feeling is none have seen Corrie or anything suspicious so I would agree that if a car was already parked in the horseshoe with someone in it then a good chance it departed seconds to two minutes after Corrie goes in there.

The interesting thing about the vehicle timing is the given 03:00-06:00 time frame. This indicates one vehicle went in between 03:00 and 03:24 when Corrie arrived? This time frame is nicely in line with someone going there after leaving a place that closes at 03:00?

If he did go in a car at any of these times (quite possible imo though I still tend the attempted walk to base and meeting with simple but fateful accident) then LE will surely have a description of this car?

Why has it taken so long to find Corrie in that case ?

I wonder how much disinformation has been put out?

Impossible to know how much is withheld of course.

Most likely completely unrelated but has anyone seen this?

http://www.louthleader.co.uk/news/c...g-by-roadside-in-lincolnshire-wolds-1-7762327

It doesn't says body it says a man? Just lying on the road? Now let's be realistic, if someone has had Corrie alive wouldn't this be a way to get rid of him? Just leave him on the side of the road? Odd article

This ^ Alford death is now unrelated.
A press statement put out by Lincolnshire Police this afternoon said: "We confirm we are investigating the unexplained death of a 23 year old local man. Emergency services were called to the A1104 at 5.05 am this morning (Saturday, January 7) having received a call from a member of the public.

"A Post Mortem will take place and until that time we are unable to make further comment. We confirm Next of Kin are aware.

Read more at http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/p...0038237-detail/story.html#ffoCsZzeQcS2v6hg.99

I am not convinced. I would bet on him going there for a piss and/or to meet someone in a car.

IMO - if he was planning on walking home - this is the way to walk, continuing straight down past Mcdonalds and so on. Also if you are getting picked up by someone it makes sense too.

The way and direction he walks/jogs suggests he's going for a piss. He is walking directly towards a walled corner behind the tree, perfect place for a pee. Jogging there gives him extra time to have a piss before anyone comes. I have done the same myself. I have jogged down side roads to get the piss done before the people up the road come round the corner.

I'd love to know the timings of cars coming and going in that area, how they potentially tie in with the phone pings and Corrie being in that area.

You would think if a car left at a similar time to the bin lorry that that car would be pretty suspicious.

If Corrie left at around 10pm was the dog not getting distressed because he didn't return? He wasn't reported missing until the Monday (I'm sure I read it was the afternoon on the Monday). If the dog was distressed, was there no colleagues in nearby accommodation who could have been alerted by the dog?

Can you name a case where a girl has gone missing for months then come home? I can't think of any, they always come back with their tail between their legs after a few days.

No but if I had half an hour I could probably find you a few.;)

Last year more than 300,000 calls were made to police in England, Scotland and Wales reporting someone missing.
Almost two thirds of people go missing intentionally, but that doesn't mean they want to.
Typically, they are trying to escape problems with relationships, money or their own wellbeing.
Up to eighty per cent of people who go missing have*mental health problems.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/artic...nds-of-people-go-missing-in-the-uk-every-year

Stats 50% are are aged between 15 and 21. So </> 300k in 2015 what proportion of those that are women? Range of missing periods etc

this was my OP, ULined the point in relation to your reply

Edited to add - have you watched the sky news clip posted Wlm17 after I wrote my O?. Check what Uncle Tony said about the possibilities of Corrie watching SKy and wondering how do i come back from this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm