UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I think the homeless guy has something to do with this and I think C knows him. I think he met C in the horseshoe after he had finished his obs on his targets. C bought a lot of food and gave some to homeless guy as well as saying to him "looks like I'm walking home mate" after chatting about why he had to leave Flex. They may have arranged the lift when homeless guy finished his obs which would have been around 3 -3.15 as the place he was obbing closed at 3. This is my opinion and also explains why there is now no mention of this person for obvious reasons. Now I will catch up on the last few pages.

surely it's possible that he could have stumbled into some water, ditch or pond and although managed to climb out uninjured, resulted in him walking on with at least part of his body being wet- then hypothermia set in

This is Suffolk we're talking about. There are very few bodies of water other than the rivers. Take a look at the OS maps.

More to the point, autumn 2016 was very dry - so dry that farmers I knew in the Midlands were holding off ploughing because of the dryness of the soil. Any roadside ditches would also have been dry because there had been almost no rain for several months.

Is the curved badge which you refer to, not just his previous rank of LAC? leading Air Craftsman?

No I refer to the one on his shoulder, the 2 bladed Propeller on his bicep area is the LAC badge you refer to.

I am new here but have been following Corrie's disappearance properly since just before Christmas. I have tried to read all the 1000's ofprevious posts.

The concerns I have and I am sure they have been mentioned before.

Corrie has been reported as being a regimental gunner with 2 SQN in Honnington he is not a Military Policeman.

The Job Description of a Regimental Gunner specific to 2 Squadron can be found on the following Link

No.2 Squadron RAF Regiment

The MoD Global Job Description, Training,Wages, Duties etc can be found below.

RAFREGIMENT GUNNER

AWOL

I agree with the poster who advised when someone unexpectedly doesn't turn up for duty the military would class them as absent without leave (AWOL) To immediately not class him as AWOL and reported as missing tends to suggest there is something known by the authorities that is not available to the public.

Asfor his friends not speaking out I think you will find they are doingexactly what they are meant to be doing and not talking to the mediabut will have been well and truly questioned as to the groupsactivities that evening. We Joe public will not be privy to thequestions and answers.

Weather

Friday 23[SUP]rd [/SUP]September was a beautiful day where I was. I know because I drove my new sports car for the first time over a short distance with the soft top down by myself. What the weather was like in Bury I really don't know but from Corries evening dress code I suspect it was equally as warm and comfortable even at 22:00 hrs put it this way he didn't think he needed a jacket.

With Reference to Hypothermia

IMHO I think Corrie was fit enough and aware enough to recognise the symptoms of Hypothermia. If he was aware enough at 03:08 hrs to enable the manipulation of a mobile phone and send a photo to a friend he was awake and alert and had coordination. Which @ 03:08 rules out lack of co-ordination or not thinking clearly.

Everything Corrie did that evening. Made him visible noticeable and recognisable by all sorts of people until he went missing. His actions at times appear foolish immature and naive. Once again I think this could have been equally as unintentional as it could be intentional

However his digital footprint appears to have gone missing at the same point in time as his phone.

Then again a phone can be dumped in a bin before the person gets into car forcibly or willingly. The car then disappears in the opposite direction to the phone intentionally or unintentionally. The mobile phone ends up pinging on masts to the south of the Suffolk County whilst Corrie could be travelling intentionally or unintentionally to the North.

My take is 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] party involvement reason unknown.
Avery sad accident yet to be unravelled

Ok I think the homeless guy has something to do with this and I think C knows him. I think he met C in the horseshoe after he had finished his obs on his targets. C bought a lot of food and gave some to homeless guy as well as saying to him "looks like I'm walking home mate" after chatting about why he had to leave Flex. They may have arranged the lift when homeless guy finished his obs which would have been around 3 -3.15 as the place he was obbing closed at 3. This is my opinion and also explains why there is now no mention of this person for obvious reasons. Now I will catch up on the last few pages.

I'm with you on this one Shiresleuth, I spoke to Suffolk Police back in October about some unusual posts made from an account which was subsequently deleted when I challenged them about their response to me, which was bizarre and completely out of context to the subject being discussed.

Interesting. That makes me think that they believe someone went with C and his phone, towards BM that morning. I do wonder how long it will take them to find other phones that had the same pings, as he mentioned. I thought you'd have to have the phone numbers first, but perhaps mobile networks can just do a simple search which will throw up which users pinged which masts, at which times. xx
And I bet the police already know this. also I thought TW said it was too late to get info from a tower dump as it would have been overwritten by now? JMOO.

Not necessarily. Humans have servicable night vision once it has been allowed to develop, away from bright lights. He would probably have been fine if he'd protected his night vision from oncoming traffic, and would have been able to make out the dark grey ribbon of the road home. He'd have had a mental map of where he was simply through driving the route regularly. So long as he stuck to the road he should have been fine. If he'd tried to cut across the fields he could have come a cropper and ended up in a ditch somewhere.

I suspect that if Corrie has died through misadventure he will come to light in the next few months. He'll be found by a forestry worker, a rider, an orienteer, a farmer out checking his field boundaries or simply by the ubiquitous Dog Walker (not to be confused with a Dogger).

Talking of Dogging - the horseshoe area isn't a Dogging site is it?

On photo of him in his No 1 dress the top badge is RAF Regiment, then the winged badge is Air Force, then the bottom propeller his rank at that time.

Apologies for the confusion on my part

Do you think the homeless guy could have been in the horseshoe and called Corrie into the horseshoe and had already told someone Corrie was looking for a lift or the guy knew whose cars were parked in the horseshoe, finished work at x time? Would the homeless man have knowledge of places to hang out in, within the area? It's certainly very plausible he knew the homeless man, if he was around the same haunts as Corrie frequented in BSE. Also would homeless mean actual no roof over your head or more beggar, Big Issue type guy, who could have been getting picked up? Sorry just thinking out loud and interested in more opinions! Good thoughts Shiresleuth.

The minimum temperature overnight was 10 degrees centigrade in London, so maybe a degree or so cooler in Suffolk.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/gb/london/ec4a-2/september-weather/328328

Even with some booze inside him and wearing light clothes, if he kept moving he should have been fine once he left the shelter of the town centre, assuming he started to walk home.

yeah upthread jessie has attached valuable info on a hypoth in water scenario + accident.
We've had info on typical fitness levels. We've haven't got the rules for alcohol +Hypo+ another non-immersion scenario- BUT as we can't know how much he drank it's impossible to know how that has factored in......

mrseeker - they spent hours/days trying to calculate that, it's in the previous thread. ( last third)

Interesting post. Would this connect to the withholding of CCTV viewing even from his mother ? I remember at the beginning Nicola said that Corrie's every step was on CCTV that night - so possible that some other person (this homeless guy) also clearly visible but discretion is necessary ? Am I making sense ? Or have I totally misread your post ?

Are you suggesting the "homeless" guy is not really homeless and was on a job; whoever his employer may be?

Interesting post. Would this connect to the withholding of CCTV viewing even from his mother ? I remember at the beginning Nicola said that Corrie's every step was on CCTV that night - so possible that some other person (this homeless guy) also clearly visible but discretion is necessary ? Am I making sense ?
I have always thought it would be due to identity or identities of others that it wasn't released. Still a live investigation.MOO

Do you think the homeless guy could have been in the horseshoe and called Corrie into the horseshoe and had already told someone Corrie was looking for a lift or the guy knew whose cars were parked in the horseshoe, finished work at x time? Would the homeless man have knowledge of places to hang out in, within the area? It's certainly very plausible he knew the homeless man, if he was around the same haunts as Corrie frequented in BSE. Also would homeless mean actual no roof over your head or more beggar, Big Issue type guy, who could have been getting picked up? Sorry just thinking out loud! Good thoughts Shire.
I'm thinking he wasn't really homeless just pretending to be for surveillance purposes and C knew his real identity and knew he was getting a lift with him later (prearranged) and bought him some grub. That's why he wasn't carrying much in the grapes cctv. Now all the stuff in the media has disappeared to protect the real id of the 'homeless' guy.JMO.

Strange, worth keeping an eye on but maybe an overnight hit and run

This story has appeared in my FB newsfeed today... my parents live near Ulceby in Lincolnshire and I follow the local newspaper. The story said a 23 year old man was found on the road this morning so I've been waiting for further updates (with baited breath) before posting anything, just in case!

Updated about an hour ago with the fact he is local and family have been notified so not CM.

Someone did make an interesting point further down the thread, if Corrie has been hit accidentally when walking home then why not leave him on the roadside rather than going to the effort of making a body disappear??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can someone please refresh the details known about homeless man, as other than this site ive not heard or seen anything thanks

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

yeah upthread jessie has attached valuable info on a hypoth in water scenario + accident.
We've had info on typical fitness levels. We've haven't got the rules for alcohol +Hypo+ any other - BUT as we can't know how much he drank it's impossible to know how that has factored in......

No, but we do know how much water there was or was not to fall into. Not a lot. The River Lark running through BSE itself, and Ampton Water that should have been near, but not on, his route home if he walked. There are a few scattered farm ponds, the odd medieval moat (though most of them are usually dry these days) and a few drainage ditches. The Lark would have been low (dry autumn) and the ditches probably dry. To end up in any of the farm ponds he'd have had to be cutting across fields and that is frankly unlikely as there would be no footpaths or signposts.

This is the area in question:

http://streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=58...mere&st=3&tl=Map+of+Great+Livermere,+Suffolk+[Town]&searchp=ids.srf&mapp=map.srf

Zoom in and look at how few bodies of water there are.

Someone did make an interesting point further down the thread, if Corrie has been hit accidentally when walking home then why not leave him on the roadside rather than going to the effort of making a body disappear??

One reason would be if the impact had damaged your car and it needed repair work. It's much easier to get away with saying "I hit a deer" if no human body has been found.

If you are skint are you able to buy two burgers and a kebab they surley wud pay towards a private taxi home

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members