UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From those images I really couldn't say whether these are the same people.

I am surprised the pair from the second image have not been traced. Quite a good image of both of them.

Blown them up to see better.
There are a lot of similarities, build, height relationship, clothing tones.
Can't spot any discrepancies.

I don't get this. It's clear the families assertion that he couldn't leave the area undetected is driven in part by the presence of the camera on the back of the Cornhill shopping center. So they must have viewed the area as including a short stretch of Short Backland street and the second loading bay, hence Nicola being keen to have the properties opposite searched. So it strikes me as a little odd to call BS on something that is basically our incorrect assumptions based on incomplete information (which has now been clarified). Unless of course it's been demonstrated that you can walk out of the wider area undetected of course, in which case it would be great if someone could explain how the CCTV pictures demonstrate that.

<modsnip>

Apparently sectored antennas commonly come in 60, 90 and 120 degree versions (per Wikipedia), so given we know that the recycling depot is a possibility, we can probably rule out the southern 120 degrees from Midsummers map, but not much else. Damn.
Trouble is when the family made the statement about it being impossible to leave the H/s they obviously did not have the info that 3 cams weren't working. Now AFAIK we have not been told which 3 but we have seen no images from F12 cam, Museum cam, cornhill rear cam so could this be a clue as to why they now believe you can get out on foot? Possible IMO.

Good ideas there, I Wonder. I too think he hung around waiting for a lift as there would have been lots of people leaving the bars and clubs, as well as workers etc. Chances are some would be sober and driving home and he seems to be a chatty guy so I expert he'd know a few people, at least well enough to get a lift home. I'm convinced he got into a vehicle with someone he knew or that he disturbed something he shouldn't have done and has been silenced.

He has two bases he could go to which makes getting a lift at least part way to one of them easier.

I put it down to in the past when he's done it he has probably replied to texts or calls or even been active on SM but perhaps this time he wasn't active on SM, not replying to texts and his phone would be going straight to answer phone etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My thoughts are that the lads became concerned when he wasn't back at camp a Sunday evening and that is when they started calling his girlfriend and then brother.
My partner is in the forces and his colleagues will usually text or call him Sunday to check what time he will be back to camp. I think they would most likely take notice that he wasn't around the night before!!

Trouble is when the family made the statement about it being impossible to leave the H/s they obviously did not have the info that 3 cams weren't working. Now AFAIK we have not been told which 3 but we have seen no images from F12 cam, Museum cam, cornhill rear cam so could this be a clue as to why they now believe you can get out on foot? Possible IMO.

I thought the police had confirmed he couldn't leave on foot without being seen by CCTV and the military have 'theoretically'.

Can't find this info on the Find Corrie site: what time did hìs phone register leaving town. Or is that being kept back as crucial info to id any possible perp? Just confused about how solid the 'phone in the bin theory' is, does the timing on the phone coincide exactly with the movements of the garbage truck?

They are also being asked if they saw C once they come forward under the premise that if they come forward they must be innocent but they could also have important info especially around the 3.15-3.30 time scale and be called as witnesses. For example they may have seen C get in a vehicle or go up SB or back up Brentgovel.

True.

Though not sure how we can potentially identify anyone on CCTV unless we are from the area or somehow happen to recognise somebody.

Pretty difficult to identify a silhouette itself.

I assume most people identify themselves, anyone that is identified by others is likely well known in the area, ie. Homeless.

I thought the police had confirmed he couldn't leave on foot without being seen by CCTV and the military have 'theoretically'.
The police haven't really said that much!! Most of what we are led to believe has come from family updates, and in my opinion the family are just saying whatever they think is going to keep Corrie in the public eye. I don't think the police have mentioned how many vehicles, this came from family, and is subject to change.

Since the possibility of his access to the lane heading to Hughes without being seen has been discounted, I'm assuming there's a possibility this area has not been included in the recent search.
There are residences above the shops there, including two floors above Celebrities Nails, the doorway to which I'm still not entirely convinced he couldn't have been lurking.

The police haven't really said that much!! Most of what we are led to believe has come from family updates, and in my opinion the family are just saying whatever they think is going to keep Corrie in the public eye. I don't think the police have mentioned how many vehicles, this came from family, and is subject to change.

Sorry. It is so hard to know the current status of any piece of information as everything seems to change in the blink of an eye. I apologise.

I'm a bit confused.

Has someone now said he could leave the area (out of town centre) on foot or are we talking about the 'horse-shoe' area as determined by the semi-circle space drawn into the 2D Map that has been passed around?

He 100% could move out of the horseshoe area. And as far as I'm still aware he 100% could not leave the vicinity (horseshoe + extra bits up to the sight of fixed cameras), unless this has now changed? and if it has changed who announced this and where?

We do know which cameras - but I can't link to it as it was the facebook interview with TW the other day. If you go to post #570 para 11 in the parking lot thread you'll have your answer. Suffice to say they are not among the cameras in the map on the #findcorrie website, hence not relevant to the families assertion the Carrie could not have walked out without being seen.

And do they "now believe you can get out on foot"? That's news to me, though I could have missed it. I think we may be getting things confused. There's "getting away from the horseshoe on foot" in the narrowest sense, and yes, at the right time he could cross over into SB street. But in the wider sense of getting well away, out towards Honnington, he couldn't (without going through/over buildings or some other cunning method) due to all the other fixed cameras covering the three routes out. Or at least that's the belief of the family - it would be nice to see footage from the camera at the back of Cornhill as you said.

I think it's important, because our over-literal misunderstandings are giving the impression that the information from the family is unreliable when I don't believe it is - the pregnancy issue aside, which I believe was justified for April's sake.

Could it be C? Ask someone who knows C well. If it isn't C, find out who it is cos they could have seen C. Yes, C could have changed his clothes, especially if it was planned or if he'd previously hid them in or behind a bin IMO. Genius? Yes if it works.

Is there footage of this still so that we can compare the 'swagger' to C's swagger in his final CCTV appearance?

Full size police images, the second one certainly better.

attachment.php

attachment.php
As I have said I think they have been id. HOWEVER if they are same people this is proof the cornhill walk cam is 5 minutes out isn't it ? (Adnams 0326 cornhill 0321) .

From 'The Courier' 10/1/17
A police spokesperson said: The decision to carry out the work this week is not based on specific information that Corrie entered any of these buildings, however without finding Corrie leaving the horseshoe area it becomes even more important to ensure that all possibilities are explored.&#8221;

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/new...keague-police-rule-mobile-phone-breakthrough/
I'm more enclined to thing IMO that the search has only been done this week to satisfy family , as they say they have no information to suggest that they would find any thing, more they are being forced in to it by public and family,, IMO I never expected them to find anything, if we look back we had no dog scent or DNA found in the first week or so, in my mind that says corrie was not in the loading bay long and nothing happened to him in that area, I'm inclined to think that he went in to the loading bay to dispose of the phone, then walked in to short Breckland street when the CCTV was on the turn, then got in to a car , pre arranged lift hence the wait,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miket377