UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would a taxi need directions? They should know the area shouldn't they?
I dunno. I've directed a few. Haha. Maybe the cyclist is asking the taxi driver for directions. Or if not a taxi, the same.

You think it's more likely that the cyclist and the cab driver/car driver know each other? I'm not sure about that.

The tricky thing here is we are all going on facts that we have been told. I'm guessing the family and friends of C know a lot more than they are telling us. Which makes it difficult to speculate or to look at probability based on the facts because we don't hold all of them.

I thought this morning about the young girl who is pregnant with his baby. We are told that she nor C knew about the pregnancy before his disappearance. Wondering if there was a suspicion about it though. Also at the beginning he was reported as happily single and on dating sights... during the interview with April and Nicola they said she was abroad when he disappeared and as soon as found out she flew home. I keep coming back to this. As a 21 year old girl who is casually seeing someone on the first day he couldn't be contacted/went missing is it an over reaction to fly home from holiday? He could have easily crashed somewhere with no battery and turned up the next day or 2. We are told he is normally reckless and goes off on his own a lot.

It would make far more sense that the gf either told C she thought she might be pregnant and he wasn't happy about it - or perhaps she knew something we don't about his state of mind or that he wasn't happy in general - nothing to do with pregnancy just perhaps life in general. So him going missing was a big red flag to her. Otherwise why the need to fly home straight away? For a guy she was seeing casually and had no ties to (at the time - so we are told) who is larger than life, talks to anyone and always going off on his own?

This is all Just my opinion and I don't mean to offend or speak ill of any of his family. I just can't stop thinking about this and am trying to reason through all the 'what if's' in my head.

Not necessarily. It depends on what the beer was and how many cans he drank.

I believe young blokes tend to drink lager rather than bitter, and most canned lagers are around 5%. If he drank just the one can he would probably have been OK, but 2 or more probably would have meant he would have been over the limit.

Assuming the report is correct.

Unfortunately once he had driven in to BSE, if he got as hammered as is reported there's no way he would have been under the limit before parking restrictions came into force for the disabled bay the next morning. So he'd have either got an almost inevitable ticket or would have had to drive home well over the limit. The police pick up a lot of drink drivers who are driving to work or elsewhere the next morning, assuming themselves to now be under the limit.
1 pint can generally is 2 units I think. 1 single pub spirits measure or 1 glass of wine is 1 unit. Generally more than 1.5 units and your over the limit to drive unless an hour in between drinks such as the wine or single spirits. If C drank only 2 pint cans in an hour, he could easily have been over the 1.5 unit guide for driving.

According to the local free paper the black car is a taxi, so one presumes known and that is why the driver is blurred, as they don't need to identify him.

http://www.buryfreepress.co.uk/news...res-of-untraced-potential-witnesses-1-7773683

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just had a quick look on the Forest Heath District Council website and it seems all taxi's require a three foot wide yellow/red taxi sign on the roof that that car doesn't appear to have?

I guess it is moot though as Police have already spoken to the driver.

It's very easy to be over the limit with just one or two drinks, the size of the can or glass can mean just one would put you over. If the sun article is to be believed then there is a good chance he was over the limit, I wonder if he took his car into town on nights out prior to this

The tricky thing here is we are all going on facts that we have been told. I'm guessing the family and friends of C know a lot more than they are telling us. Which makes it difficult to speculate or to look at probability based on the facts because we don't hold all of them.

I thought this morning about the young girl who is pregnant with his baby. We are told that she nor C knew about the pregnancy before his disappearance. Wondering if there was a suspicion about it though. Also at the beginning he was reported as happily single and on dating sights... during the interview with April and Nicola they said she was abroad when he disappeared and as soon as found out she flew home. I keep coming back to this. As a 21 year old girl who is casually seeing someone on the first day he couldn't be contacted/went missing is it an over reaction to fly home from holiday? He could have easily crashed somewhere with no battery and turned up the next day or 2. We are told he is normally reckless and goes off on his own a lot.

It would make far more sense that the gf either told C she thought she might be pregnant and he wasn't happy about it - or perhaps she knew something we don't about his state of mind or that he wasn't happy in general - nothing to do with pregnancy just perhaps life in general. So him going missing was a big red flag to her. Otherwise why the need to fly home straight away? For a guy she was seeing casually and had no ties to (at the time - so we are told) who is larger than life, talks to anyone and always going off on his own?

This is all Just my opinion and I don't mean to offend or speak ill of any of his family. I just can't stop thinking about this and am trying to reason through all the 'what if's' in my head.

Agreed, flying back early for a casual boyfriend is suspect.

just had a quick look on the Forest Heath District Council website and it seems all taxi's require a three foot wide yellow/red taxi sign on the roof that that car doesn't appear to have?

I guess it is moot though as Police have already spoken to the driver.

Do you recall what a private hire vehicle required? But as you say, moot anyway.

I dunno. I've directed a few. Haha. Maybe the cyclist is asking the taxi driver for directions. Or if not a taxi, the same.

You think it's more likely that the cyclist and the cab driver/car driver know each other? I'm not sure about that.
Well whoever is asking who directions is weird for 03.56 in the a.m. and the police will know the conversation anyway if they know the driver so hopefully they're on it. I previously thought the cyclist was just on his way to work. Now I don't know why we are just being shown his rear view. Why not a closer face view?

Well whoever is asking who directions is weird for 03.56 in the a.m. and the police will know the conversation anyway if they know the driver so hopefully they're on it. I previously thought the cyclist was just on his way to work. Now I don't know why we are just being shown his rear view. Why not a closer face view?

It gives a slightly better view of the bike, but that's about it. Unless of course there's an ulterior motive, but we'd never hear obviously.

Do you recall what a private hire vehicle required? But as you say, moot anyway.

Here is the link if you would like a look: http://www.westsuffolk.gov.uk/Busin...HDC-Driver-and-Vehicle-Licensing-Handbook.pdf

Page 19-Vehicle is what I read but have just noticed toward the bottom that the rules are repeated for private hire taxi's that are the same as Hackney taxi's except the roof sign...:shame:

So in the end it probably is a taxi given the time.

What I'm surprised about is that the man on the bike is likely local given the he's on a bike and he looks smartly dressed like a doorman or security. If he was riding round BSE centre (it was said he was riding around Cornhill square when the first image was released) talking to taxi drivers etc then someone must know him.

Here is the link if you would like a look: http://www.westsuffolk.gov.uk/Busin...HDC-Driver-and-Vehicle-Licensing-Handbook.pdf

Page 19-Vehicle is what I read but have just noticed toward the bottom that the rules are repeated for private hire taxi's that are the same as Hackney taxi's except the roof sign...:shame:

What I'm surprised about is that the man on the bike is likely local given the he's on a bike and he looks smartly dressed like a doorman or security. If he was riding round BSE centre (it was said he was riding around Cornhill square when the first image was released) talking to taxi drivers etc then someone must know him.

Thanks and I agree, should be quickly identified hopefully.

It also looks to me like he is facing in a different direction to the first pic and the original shot says he was riding around Cornhill. It could even be a policeman on his way to work or even on patrol but then the cops would know that of course, so would not need to id him . It is a strange one.
Ps. Sorry to repeat about Cornhill just reread ur quote.

So is a private hire the sort that cannot just pick up off street but has to be ordered? Like a mini cab? If so this private hire would be on a pick up because he wouldn't be allowed to just cruise around to look for trade.

So is a private hire the sort that cannot just pick up off street but has to be ordered? Like a mini cab? If so this private hire would be on a pick up because he wouldn't be allowed to just cruise around to look for trade.

Yeah, they need to be booked as you say.

The private companies in BSE wait at the taxi rank at Cornhill, also do casual pickups at bus and rail station.

Thanks for the correction, wonder if that's a local licensing change.

Or maybe the cyclist was on the lookout for Corrie and was the messenger to the guys in the car about his whereabouts.....

The cyclist probably told the guys in the car - he's in the horseshoe guys - and they drove to the horseshoe and picked him up - they are probably now in Florida on a very friendly trip enjoying the Sun together in complete bliss and harmony.
The black car is a taxi as per quoted in the Bury Free Press. Apparently the guy on bike spoke to numerous taxi drivers. Hence not being asked to identify guy in car

Yeah, they need to be booked as you say.

Ok so he is either picking up or dropping off as he is not in a taxi rank. And the cyclist is driving around Cornhill and they have stopped to talk to each other. Could they indeed be looking for C as suggested?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2611576/raf-airman-corrie-mckeague-mystery-seven-clues/

However, Suffolk Police admitted: “It is a complete mystery. There is no apparent way for him to have left without being seen but we cannot be certain he did not.”

The Sun have this is a direct quote from the police, can anyone remember when they said it? I don't really understand what the quote means, C could have left unseen in a car and "we cannot be certain he did not" - what are they referring to? Did not what ?

That quote has confused me even more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member