UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's 625 tonnes of metals per month or 20 tonnes per day. But very little to lsndfill it says. That's incredible IMO. So where has the 8, 000 tons of landfill being shifted come from then?
Thanks for the info, Lorri.

Cambridgeshire I guess.

I think they'd be more likely to remember if they're NOT local, ie if their 5am jaunt in BSE was a one off. I agree with Jessie that No Entry Guy/Gal seems to be on a routine walk, in which case I doubt they'd remember anything whatsoever from 5 months ago.

I'm sure the police have a good idea of the routes these people took that night, wish they'd tell us where they'd come from and where they went next!

I meant if they're not local they may know nothing about the case if they are back in their own country or locality.

Btw I am taking the copter over Buttermarket next.

Cambridgeshire I guess.
But SP said this was the area for BSE waste I thought. Do you think they've mixed Cambs and Suffolk (BSE specifically) tipping in the same area? Are SP talking rubbish then? Or have I got it wrong again?

I've now had the following response to the FOI request I put forward.

"Environmental Information Regulations – Response – 14588

Request:
1. What process does council general waste undertake?
2. Does any of it go to landfill?
3. Is it pre- sorted for recyables before being incinerated?

Response:
1. Suffolk’s residual (black bin) waste is sent to an energy from waste facility where energy is recovered from the waste – enough electric to power a town the size of Lowestoft. More information on the treatment of Suffolk’s waste is available on our website - http://www.greensuffolk.org/recycling/where-it-goes/
2. A very small amount may go to landfill each year, this would occur when the energy from waste facility undergoes planned downtime to maintain the plant.
3. There are separate kerbside collections for all households for paper, card, cans, and a wide range of plastics. More details on kerbside recycling in Suffolk can be found at http://www.greensuffolk.org/recycling/how-to-recycle/kerbside-recycling/
Less than half of Suffolk’s waste is residual waste. There is no further “pre sort” on the waste sent to the energy from waste facility, however, metals are recovered for recycling after residual waste has been incinerated – in 2016 around 7,500 tonnes of metals was recycled this way."

Do you know if these figures include commercial collections, or are they just talking about domestic / small trade? I would imagine large commercial collections might involve private contracts (therefore not covered by FOI due to being 'commercially sensitive') rather than the local authority, though I might be wrong!

Maybe a feature being filmed for a upcoming Crimewatch episode? Or Sky News just barging in regardless?

If it really had nothing to do with the Police why wouldn't they stop it happening?
Exactly. SP probably gave their permission. Remember the time of the Express article yesterday was hours before the others? Remember the media filming the police search of Cliff Richards house?

I meant if they're not local they may know nothing about the case if they are back in their own country or locality.

Btw I am taking the copter over Buttermarket next.

Haha, the Sleuthcopter!

I would hope if these people are essential to the investigation that the police have tracked their movement through town, maybe they will release more info if they really think it will help.

But SP said this was the area for BSE waste I thought. Do you think they've mixed Cambs and Suffolk (BSE specifically) tipping in the same area? Are SP talking rubbish then? Or have I got it wrong again?

I thought the same, but maybe they do it by day rather than origin, I dunno. You're right that there shouldn't be 8000 tons to sort through given the area was apparently sealed off, but then there's all the top soil..... maybe it means if Corrie's in there he's near the top.

Does anyone remember how early talk of landfill started or when SP put a hold on the site? It is this that is perplexing me. Something must have been known early on for a landfill site in another county to have hold put on it for 6 months and then be searched.

Right now I'm so confused I'm thinking whatever happened is something quite different to what we've been discussing for 6 months.

Do you know if these figures include commercial collections, or are they just talking about domestic / small trade? I would imagine large commercial collections might involve private contracts (therefore not covered by FOI due to being 'commercially sensitive') rather than the local authority, though I might be wrong!

I see what you mean. I will clarify and if necessary do a separate FOI request.

My main interest was regarding the council bins collected on the Monday. Confirmed as council by Corrie's father.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/dad-missing-corrie-mckeague-reveals-9848221
It was general waste so not subject to pre-sorting according to their response. It would have been incinerated in that case.

The only way that apparently ended up in landfil is if the incinerator wasn't operating (according to their response). But if they aren't including commercial waste then where does that go I wonder. Well, Cambridge it seems!

Could it be that the waste management company has been taking short cuts for years, and the disappearance of poor Corrie has finally brought it to light? We were told records show its impossible for C to be in a landfill. Now we are told he is most likely there. Even so, was it by foul play or his own misadventure?

Could it be that the waste management company has been taking short cuts for years, and the disappearance of poor Corrie has finally brought it to light? We were told records show its impossible for C to be in a landfill. Now we are told he is most likely there. Even so, was it by foul play or his own misadventure?

That's wouldn't surprise me. Corners get cut in most industries at some point.

Does anyone remember how early talk of landfill started or when SP put a hold on the site? It is this that is perplexing me. Something must have been known early on for a landfill site in another county to have hold put on it for 6 months and then be searched.

Right now I'm so confused I'm thinking whatever happened is something quite different to what we've been discussing for 6 months.

Well there was confusion wasn't there. I think Nicola first mentioned landfill and we all went went "nahhh, she means waste recycling plant" because we sussed there isn't a landfill site per se in Suffolk. If we'd twigged that Cambs landfill was used occasionally we'd have been suspicious sooner.

I blame Suffolk Council for boasting that nothing got landfilled, and other people for not clarifying it. Yet another example of why this case has been so frustrating!

We don't know Corrie left the HS in a car earlier .. all we know is his phone left the HS ......

I am a little puzzled as to why SP are so keen to identify the last two people at around 5am, as if C left in a car earlier, there can't have been much for them to see. It seems to me that car park person is on their way to work and McD man is about to go on a hike with his backpack and what looks to me like a portable chair/stool. Or maybe car park person is going on a hike too as they seem to have a backpack as well. At least they seem to know where they are going, whereas McD looks a little lost and unsure of where he needs to go. I've not been able to find an event on that Saturday that he could have been going to, but maybe he is someone who just likes to go off on his own and perhaps not from the area.

Something SP said yesterday also struck me as a little odd and I quote: "The man is not the driver of the bin lorry which collected refuse from the area where Corrie was last seen..." They've changed the word from 'waste' that they used previously, to being (to my mind more specific) 'refuse'. So, should that be taken to mean that it is not the man who collected the refuse on the Monday? From there, my mind has gone ahead, but I will not say anything further at this point.

About those two missing potential witnesses, imo it doesn't matter if they remember seeing something, but why they haven't come forward...why!? Are they afraid of something/someone? Also they both seem to be in a hurry, why? Like there would be freezing outside and they both just want to go inside, which we all know wasn't the case...it was guite warm night back then!
:waitasec:

This is a good theory. I agree he looks more like he's going rambling.

Turns out it's not a seat or stick as on the moving video you can see it is simply a strap from his bag swinging! I do think he was possibly on a day out doing something though rather than homeless as some think. He actually looks like a retired professional to me, though I may be way out. I have been trying to look at events that were on that day but only came up with the WW2 exhibition. :thinking:

Turns out it's not a seat or stick as on the moving video you can see it is simply a strap from his bag swinging! I do think he was possibly on a day out doing something though rather than homeless as some think. He actually looks like a retired professional to me, though I may be way out. I have been trying to look at events that were on that day but only came up with the WW2 exhibition. :thinking:

There was a ramblers association walk on the Saturday I believe. A photo was posted on their Facebook page of a lady who looked remarkably like the picture/CCTV of the person I thought was a man! I'm assuming she was ruled out as SP have said we're looking for a man, but there was definitely something on in BSE that day which would account for the outdoor clothing. Will see if I can find the FB page... am I allowed to post a link to it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There's a local ramblers group but they don't meet until 10 on a Saturday usually. Meeting people to go fishing? He must have got either a bus, train or lift afterwards though as surely you wouldn't start a hike/trip from the city centre at that time unless you had some travel to do first.

There was a ramblers association walk on the Saturday I believe. A photo was posted on their Facebook page of a lady who looked remarkably like the picture/CCTV of the person I thought was a man! I'm assuming she was ruled out as SP have said we're looking for a man, but there was definitely something on in BSE that day which would account for the outdoor clothing. Will see if I can find the FB page... am I allowed to post a link to it?

Cross posted with you! The local ramblers don't meet until later unless this is some other group of ramblers.

Cross posted with you! The local ramblers don't meet until later unless this is some other group of ramblers.

Is it just me, but I can't see a reason to be anywhere at 5am fully dressed with a bag packed unless I had to be there?! So if the ramblers don't meet until 10am why be there 5 hours early? Is there even anything to do in BSE at that time of day to kill 5 hours?!

Is it just me, but I can't see a reason to be anywhere at 5am fully dressed with a bag packed unless I had to be there?! So if the ramblers don't meet until 10am why be there 5 hours early? Is there even anything to do in BSE at that time of day to kill 5 hours?!

Speaking as a hillwalker/mountain climber/outdoor person I would not view that as suspicious, I certainly cant say that I would look twice at someone dressed in outdoor gear at that time. Regardless of the ramblers meeting at 10am this person might have been going off on their own trek, one that required to leave at such a time. I do photography semi-professionally so I can be up and about even earlier fully kitted to get a sunrise shot. Perhaps they were heading off for some early morning birdwatching, perhaps they were going further afield and in order to be there in good time they were up at 5am, or had they arrived back from a place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
539edtje