UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adnams is next door but one to McDonald's or ~40 feet further along. Then a similar distance after that there is the council CCTV above Starbucks and then after that a camera above M&S........

The council camera here, even if on rotation like the Greenwoods one, I'm sure would see anyone walking past CSC from the HS when looking down there.

The Police have been very careful about which images and footage to release and almost certainly have much more and better quality footage of most/all of the people in the area, IMO.

ETA picture:

d6oc.jpg

The Google car is driving past CSC here so has you can see we can see the CCTV camera here (as well as McD's and Adnams) so it can see down to CSC when turned to that view.
That picture is great. BUT I see cars parked so could a car come from there to Mcd to pick someone up?
Also why have we only seen the adnams and not the council cctv? And presumaby this is where running man ran when he disappeared.

I am a little puzzled as to why SP are so keen to identify the last two people at around 5am, as if C left in a car earlier, there can't have been much for them to see. It seems to me that car park person is on their way to work and McD man is about to go on a hike with his backpack and what looks to me like a portable chair/stool. Or maybe car park person is going on a hike too as they seem to have a backpack as well. At least they seem to know where they are going, whereas McD looks a little lost and unsure of where he needs to go. I've not been able to find an event on that Saturday that he could have been going to, but maybe he is someone who just likes to go off on his own and perhaps not from the area.

Something SP said yesterday also struck me as a little odd and I quote: "The man is not the driver of the bin lorry which collected refuse from the area where Corrie was last seen..." They've changed the word from 'waste' that they used previously, to being (to my mind more specific) 'refuse'. So, should that be taken to mean that it is not the man who collected the refuse on the Monday? From there, my mind has gone ahead, but I will not say anything further at this point.

I, too, am confused about why these two need IDing as they were around almost 2 hours after Corrie. I can only guess one of the 4 vehicles was seen at a similar time, and police are hoping they'll remember seeing a man get bundled into a car or something.

As for the bin lorry man rule out, it says "area where Corrie was last seen" which was the HS area, they've gotta be referring to the 4:19 Biffa truck.

That picture is great. BUT I see cars parked so could a car come from there to Mcd to pick someone up?
Also why have we only seen the adnams and not the council cctv?

Not possible to drive up any further than the cars shown. Here is the opposite angle: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.2...4!1sR8zeAytvYZNp6cmSGyabaA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Good point about the other CCTV. Why indeed.....Only SP know the answer to this.

ETA: Actually, I believe the council CCTV are prosecution quality so if these cameras have any footage with evidence then they won't see the light of day outside a court room?

Not possible to drive up any further than the cars shown. Here is the opposite angle: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.2...4!1sR8zeAytvYZNp6cmSGyabaA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Good point about the other CCTV. Why indeed.....Only SP know the answer to this.

ETA: Actually, I believe the council CCTV are prosecution quality so if these cameras have any footage with evidence then they won't see the light of day outside a court room?
I can't see a physical barrier to cars but my battery is low and I can't get street view to point towards CSC atm. Also I wouldn't call it an alley it is really a street isn't it? Certainly plenty of room for a vehicle. I'll take another look once my battery is charged.

I can't see a physical barrier to cars but my battery is low and I can't get street view to point towards CSC atm. Also I wouldn't call it an alley it is really a street isn't it? Certainly plenty of room for a vehicle. I'll take another look once my battery is charged.

True there isn't nothing to stop a car driving down there but why (leaving aside it being illegal) would a car do that? Also it looks to me like the man in the McD's footage is about to undo a chin strap. Could he have arrived there on a bike?

Adnams is next door but one to McDonald's or ~40 feet further along. Then a similar distance after that there is the council CCTV above Starbucks and then after that a camera above M&S........

The council camera here, even if on rotation like the Greenwoods one, I'm sure would see anyone walking past CSC from the HS when looking down there.

The Police have been very careful about which images and footage to release and almost certainly have much more and better quality footage of most/all of the people in the area, IMO.

ETA picture:

d6oc.jpg

The Google car is driving past CSC here so has you can see we can see the CCTV camera here (as well as McD's and Adnams) so it can see down to CSC when turned to that view.

Actually if the google car can do it.......

Yes, I've got it now. The Market Square is sort of the other side of the horseshoe, we see the loading bays of shops that will front onto the Market Square.

When running man comes into view to the right is one alley that goes to the Market Square and he goes straight on past the horseshoe to the next alley with McDonalds door, Game, Adnams, Thomas Cook and Starbucks. And it looks like that's the side that the older man is coming from because the McD's entrance is on the side of the building not the front facing Cornhill Shopping Centre.

Have I got it now?
I dunno ask Cagney........

True there isn't nothing to stop a car driving down there but why (leaving aside it being illegal) would a car do that? Also it looks to me like the man in the McD's footage is about to undo a chin strap. Could he have arrived there on a bike?
Well pedestrianised streets are open to service vehicles, market vehicles, emergency vehicles etc. Also many disregard these byelaws all the time especially those who have ill intentions. Good point about chin strap/bike and he could have been hanging around just for it to open. Obviously the old guy behind him must have come forward.

I am a little puzzled as to why SP are so keen to identify the last two people at around 5am, as if C left in a car earlier, there can't have been much for them to see. It seems to me that car park person is on their way to work and McD man is about to go on a hike with his backpack and what looks to me like a portable chair/stool. Or maybe car park person is going on a hike too as they seem to have a backpack as well. At least they seem to know where they are going, whereas McD looks a little lost and unsure of where he needs to go. I've not been able to find an event on that Saturday that he could have been going to, but maybe he is someone who just likes to go off on his own and perhaps not from the area.

Looks to me as if No Entry person (always thought female) is walking with a purpose, like going to work, and I agree with your thoughts on the older gent.

Only want to say here that this was over 5 months ago now, is it really possible these people would remember something that occurred that long ago?

I've now had the following response to the FOI request I put forward.

"Environmental Information Regulations – Response – 14588

Request:
1. What process does council general waste undertake?
2. Does any of it go to landfill?
3. Is it pre- sorted for recyables before being incinerated?

Response:
1. Suffolk’s residual (black bin) waste is sent to an energy from waste facility where energy is recovered from the waste – enough electric to power a town the size of Lowestoft. More information on the treatment of Suffolk’s waste is available on our website - http://www.greensuffolk.org/recycling/where-it-goes/
2. A very small amount may go to landfill each year, this would occur when the energy from waste facility undergoes planned downtime to maintain the plant.
3. There are separate kerbside collections for all households for paper, card, cans, and a wide range of plastics. More details on kerbside recycling in Suffolk can be found at http://www.greensuffolk.org/recycling/how-to-recycle/kerbside-recycling/
Less than half of Suffolk’s waste is residual waste. There is no further “pre sort” on the waste sent to the energy from waste facility, however, metals are recovered for recycling after residual waste has been incinerated – in 2016 around 7,500 tonnes of metals was recycled this way."

Looks to me as if No Entry person (always thought female) is walking with a purpose, like going to work, and I agree with your thoughts on the older gent.

Only want to say here that this was over 5 months ago now, is it really possible these people would remember something that occurred that long ago?

I certainly wouldn't be able to and maybe they are not local - visitors/tourists/temps etc

I certainly wouldn't be able to and maybe they are not local - visitors/tourists/temps etc

I think they'd be more likely to remember if they're NOT local, ie if their 5am jaunt in BSE was a one off. I agree with Jessie that No Entry Guy/Gal seems to be on a routine walk, in which case I doubt they'd remember anything whatsoever from 5 months ago.

I'm sure the police have a good idea of the routes these people took that night, wish they'd tell us where they'd come from and where they went next!

I fell for that headline.....SP say it may belong to a media organisation. Looking at the helicopter company website and they do filming for Sky News and BBC.

I fell for it too, why do they do that?!!? I'm surprised media are even allowed to fly over, wasn't there a drone ban??

I fell for it too, why do they do that?!!? I'm surprised media are even allowed to fly over, wasn't there a drone ban??

Maybe a feature being filmed for a upcoming Crimewatch episode? Or Sky News just barging in regardless?

If it really had nothing to do with the Police why wouldn't they stop it happening?

I think they'd be more likely to remember if they're NOT local, ie if their 5am jaunt in BSE was a one off. I agree with Jessie that No Entry Guy/Gal seems to be on a routine walk, in which case I doubt they'd remember anything whatsoever from 5 months ago.

I'm sure the police have a good idea of the routes these people took that night, wish they'd tell us where they'd come from and where they went next!

I too think this is a woman watching the moving footage. My theory of where she came from is the Springfield Road/Springfield Avenue area as the most logical to me?

I've now had the following response to the FOI request I put forward.

"Environmental Information Regulations – Response – 14588

Request:
1. What process does council general waste undertake?
2. Does any of it go to landfill?
3. Is it pre- sorted for recyables before being incinerated?

Response:
1. Suffolk’s residual (black bin) waste is sent to an energy from waste facility where energy is recovered from the waste – enough electric to power a town the size of Lowestoft. More information on the treatment of Suffolk’s waste is available on our website - http://www.greensuffolk.org/recycling/where-it-goes/
2. A very small amount may go to landfill each year, this would occur when the energy from waste facility undergoes planned downtime to maintain the plant.
3. There are separate kerbside collections for all households for paper, card, cans, and a wide range of plastics. More details on kerbside recycling in Suffolk can be found at http://www.greensuffolk.org/recycling/how-to-recycle/kerbside-recycling/
Less than half of Suffolk’s waste is residual waste. There is no further “pre sort” on the waste sent to the energy from waste facility, however, metals are recovered for recycling after residual waste has been incinerated – in 2016 around 7,500 tonnes of metals was recycled this way."
That's 625 tonnes of metals per month or 20 tonnes per day. But very little to lsndfill it says. That's incredible IMO. So where has the 8, 000 tons of landfill being shifted come from then?
Thanks for the info, Lorri.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member