UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not hidden my opinion. Have always thought drugs/awol or a possibility of accident en route to either BM or Hon. MOO . What do you think? Did you vote ?

I think I voted in one poll but can't remember which now! I've mainly stuck to him ending up in a bin by misadventure or foul play and then missed by binmen/landfill staff but being missed at 2 points or more kept nagging at me as unlikely. This latest revelation changes things somewhat but a lot more details are needed to make any sense of it.

So did the reward serve it's purpose in our opinion?

We don't know yet, all this could lead to nothing. Having followed the Claudia Lawrence case for years, where there have been several arrests/releases on suspicion of murder (amongst other lesser things), I am trying not to get my hopes up too much.

We're probably on safer ground talking about this guy. I tried to look at his feet for possible cycle clips but his trews are so long you can't see much. I managed to pause it right at the end to get a view of the cycle helmet. I'll have another go.
Just adding to my post above. The old guy does not look like he is wearing walking boots. They look like soft leather or suede shoes. In fact, if he is a cyclist I would not think he is rambling. He may just have come for market day which would be setting up around 6 a.m. I would think.

Tachograph are old school lol, everything is GPS trackers, well in my council it is

GPS isn't as reliable, for example, losing signal. Tacho will also tell you who is driving.
So maybe related to the wrong bin/ wrong driver mix up.

JMO, I wonder if the bin in the HS, was never taken to the recycling centre. Meaning the polices 'if he was in the bin, he would have been seen' line is untrue, Hense the now search of the landfill, and arrest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a regular poster but have read a fair bit of this thread over the last few days.
Quite a few have suggested AWOL as a possible solution. Where would he go though? The UK is a comparatively small island for someone who has been the subject of such a high profile disappearance to go for this long and not have been spotted. If he was mainland Europe bound he'd have needed his passport which if missing would surely have been noticed. It just does not make sense. Perhaps slightly more plausible if he disappeared in the US or Central Europe but not UK, esp after a night of drinking followed by a nap in a doorway which as part of such a successful plan to do a runner from the forces all seems rather elaborate and unnecessary.

Arrest could relate to disposing of evidence in relation to a crime.

Finding and taking a phone which potentially held info relating to a crime, disposing of said phone either before or when investigation into the disappearance of Corrie and the phone was highlighted.

Motive: person simply didn't want to be involved in police investigation (scared to admit involvement with phone when it became apparent how important it could be) Perhaps another person knew of actions and came forward because of reward, grassed 'em up.

I would think it might be useful if anyone can get a decent view of the footwear? I can't as the pic is too blurred for me though other posters can recognise a helmet. Just a thought to narrow it down if he was a walker/rambler he would be wearing boots?

The footwear looked very similar to a pair worn by one of the ramblers on that rambling site. I wear walking shoes just for long walks around town or shopping trips, because they're my most comfortable footwear, though.

Someone could easily remove their bicycle clips after getting off the bike and put them in a pocket before walking around.

Arrest could relate to disposing of evidence in relation to a crime.

Finding and taking a phone which potentially held info relating to a crime, disposing of said phone either before or when investigation into the disappearance of Corrie and the phone was highlighted.

Motive: person simply didn't want to be involved in police investigation (scared to admit involvement with phone when it became apparent how important it could be) Perhaps another person knew of actions and came forward because of reward, grassed 'em up.

He wouldn't have been in or driving the bin lorry, so I don't think he could have anything to do with the phone.

I think he's given the police wrong information on the lorry/driver/destination and they want to know why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Considering there was a mix up over who was driving the bin lorry that night, could it be something to do with that?

Apologies in advance for the long post. Do we know the age of the bin lorry? The reason I ask is that if it was older than 2006 it would have had an analogue tachograph (the round card chart that is filled out manually by the driver writing on it) but if the lorry was 2006 or newer, it would have had a digital tachograph. This involves the driver having his own personal digi-card (like a credit card) which is inserted into the device. I remember there was some confusion as to who was driving that night. There have been instances where a driver has used someone else's digi-card, completely illegal. If the person that brought in the other day has misled the Police about something, it could be any number of different things such as who was driving, phone, the weight of the bin (11kgs), lorry did not go where it was supposed to go (remember they said bones could not be burned at the temperature - perhaps the lorry did not even go there), timing, procedures and company policy (maybe they have not been doing things 'by the book'. I don't think he was in the cab, surely if the Police thought that he was then it would have been the driver they would have been re-interviewing and not the dispatcher. I still think he was in the back of the lorry. I know people have said that Corrie had just wakened up and wouldn't have needed more sleep but everything he did that night seemed to be quite random. He could have been coldish, delirious and thought he would nap in a clean dry bin to kill a few hours. I don't think hopping in a bin would be beneath him, he had just slept in a doorway so the white jeans were probably already much dirtier. If he was accidentally tipped into the bin, the driver might or might not have known at that point. It was stated that if he had gone in, he would have been found as bones do not burn at the temperature they work at but what if the lorry didn't actually go where they claimed it went after BSE. Could the driver, the company and the traffic dispatcher been taking short cuts for years or was this a massive cover up after a tragic accident and panic. I think he was in the lorry.

This is what I meant yesterday when I pointed out that SP had changed their wording from "waste" to "refuse". i.e.It was not the driver of the 'refuse' lorry which collected on the Monday. It is not what they say, but what they don't say

The footwear looked very similar to a pair worn by one of the ramblers on that rambling site. I wear walking shoes just for long walks around town or shopping trips, because they're my most comfortable footwear, though.

Someone could easily remove their bicycle clips after getting off the bike and put them in a pocket before walking around.

I am just thinking that to cycle then ramble then cycle again and carry a large bag and your cycle helmet with you on the ramble is a bit over exertive. I think it is more likely he's there for the market and walking about town MOO.

The Sun link no longer works for me but there is a Daily Mail article that shows the phone route that I don't remember seeing before. The phone shows as going NW after BM roundabout then remaining there. Could someone post the link?

Yep, I wear what some may class as 'soft' walking boots everyday, they are by far the most comfortable footwear available for any type of walk.

For more strenuous walking or mountain climbing I will wear my leather walking boots, which are not something you would wear day to day.

Not sure if this is an option. Could the recycling biffa lorry have gone to the landfill not on their normal route to hide something and tried to keep this quiet? However, this has since been found out, giving the reason for the arrest?

The Sun link no longer works for me but there is a Daily Mail article that shows the phone route that I don't remember seeing before. The phone shows as going NW after BM roundabout then remaining there. Could someone post the link?
Have they got that right about the phone though? I'd like to know how/where they got the info that it went NW and to those specific places.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4277584/Bin-firm-worker-arrested-Corrie-McKeague-case.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3