UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is that we've been told that the bin lorry was the first vehicle in the horseshoe after Corrie entered.

The timing of the phone pings 'loosely correlate' to the bin lorry timings and route. (So they could be spot on but they could be 5 minutes out).

No one seems to have seen Corrie in the horseshoe. Why not? Was he 'hidden' inside a bin?

Corrie wasn't seen on camera coming out. Why not? Was his exit in the back of a bin lorry where he definitely couldn't be seen?

What are you thinking given the arrest? Some sort of connection with the other vehicle still under investigation?
Yes, something along those lines as despite all the odd bits and bobs that have been presented to us, I still think the same as I originally did. I have a feeling that the man had some connection to it, well that is obvious, but I don't think it is quite as it may seem. When I first saw a pic of him, it reminded me of the man on the bike.

As much as I don't like to suggest it as it may upset the family ..... based on his sexual preferences/likes ... i have wondered if he was offered a lift in the bin lorry and made advances towards the driver ... or putting it bluntly .. tried it on ...

What if C was put straight in the back of the lorry having already come to harm ,then the lorry goes straight to the landfill instead of the sorting site .
how and why he could have been put in ? 3rd party or accident ?
Was the correct lorry searched ? Was the waste collection company cutting corners and cost by dumping at the landfill?
Just some thoughts , also there is talk of a knife being found , as yet no connection to C established?

I need the 4th option that neither C nor the phone went in the bin.

I am also of the opinion that the bin lorry is not connected. IMO there has been a lot of wasted police time following this line of enquiry to find that the bin lorry did not follow this route so could not be connected to the phone pings.

Hi Ikati5 , can you tell me why you why you don't think the bin lorry took the same route as the phone ? , that would certainly make a difference tia

Does anyone else remember reading an article in the Sun newspaper (I realise they're not the most reliable or respectful of sources) a couple of months ago relating to a Biffa collection from the HS?
There was a photo of a bin driver I believe. He was asked to make a comment in relation to the article, of which he replied 'no comment'. I don't know why but it just didn't sit easy with me after reading this.
Apologies but I've been unable to find the link to this news article. Hope I've not broke any rules. If so I will delete this post if it's inappropriate.

<modsnip> what happened is that the papers named the "bin driver" and then had to retract it and apologise and remove all online content because they had given and photgraphed the wrong guy.

My question was how did they get his name as the driver who covers that particular route?

All I can think of is that the bin lorry driver did get an excessively heavy load from that bin in the horseshoe, told the dispatcher he was concerned in case it was a person, and the dispatcher said something like, "no, I'm going off duty soon, if there was someone in there they're no longer alive so it won't affect anything if we just change the numbers and keep quiet". Or maybe that didn't happen but the police wanted the dispatcher in for questioning to see if that could have happened and see if they could break him? If that weight for the load isn't wrong, then how could Corrie have been in that load and end up at Milton? So they might just by trying to see if it really could have been that load and not one of the loads from after the weekend? The Saturday pickup would suggest Corrie jumping into the bin of his own accord, whereas the Monday pickups would suggest foul play for Corrie to remain in a bin for the whole weekend, and the police probably want to know which it is they're looking at. It could also affect which area of the landfill they need to look in.

I would find it odd if the bin lorry's number plate wasn't caught on CCTV that morning and written down by the forensics team, and then the two numbers cross checked by whoever checked the forensics report.

I do find the lorry driver thing strange with the Sun report being retracted for being the wrong man. It seemed like they were trying to send a message that there was something odd going on there. They've been sloppy in some of the other reporting about the case, though, for instance apparently copying Midsummer's timeline with the 20 minute paperwork, and some of the maps in the newspapers make no sense as they show the bin lorry going straight to Milton from the BM roundabout when we've been told the bin lorry went on to Sainsbury's at Mildenhall.
I think they need a reason to arrest. I don't think they could arrest just to see if there is a possibility of something. I suspect they have a good idea of what happened.

But what if.... the bin got swapped? Also bear in mind that if Corrie was dead in that bin for under an hour, it's unlikely cadaver dogs would smell death.

It's a hypothetical scenario where he ends up a landfill and it's something to do with Biffa (based purely on current police activity ie the arrest and the search). The landfill is not open to the public so either he got there in a bin lorry or someone took a bung to allow in an unauthorised load.

So much pointing to Biffa involvement somewhere along the line though

It's only a few posts up.

For clarity, I never thought he was in a bin, and certainly not of his own volition, but I wonder whether the Biffa arrest is the start of something bigger.

Forensics have been done on all bins in H/s and in the other area albeit at a later date. So unless the other bins are Biffa too I don't get it at all.

<modsnip> what happened is that the papers named the "bin driver" and then had to retract it and apologise and remove all online content because they had given and photgraphed the wrong guy.

My question was how did they get his name as the driver who covers that particular route?

I wonder if his name was given by the dispatcher to cover up for the relief driver? The guy who was arrested and released (and named in MSM) was the regular bin lorry driver so maybe that's why the dispatcher was arrested for PTCOJ? Saying that, the named guy was cleared a few weeks back so why the delay arresting the dispatcher this week?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm interested in what would lead a special constable who I believe had been praised for his work to do something that he must have known was perverting the course of justice. It doesn't sound like the police think he made some kind of honest mistake.

My possible theories would be:-

he's covering his own tracks - but what why would an office based employee be involved?

he's covering for someone else - but why would you run the risk of implicating yourself for a co-worker

he's being blackmailed into a coverup - a bit far fetched

he's covering for a close family member who also works for Biffa and was involved in something that happened - this seems the most plausible

Any other suggestions?

Im new here but been following with great interest as I'm local to the Bury St Edmunds area.

Two points I'd like to make

1. <modsnip>

2. The McD old man. He could have cycled into town to get picked up by a coach to go on holiday. Pick ups could be at 6am , or there about. Hence why he was going into McD for breakfast. just my opinion.

Im new here but been following with great interest as I'm local to the Bury St Edmunds area.

Two points I'd like to make

1. <modsnip>

2. The McD old man. He could have cycled into town to get picked up by a coach to go on holiday. Pick ups could be at 6am , or there about. Hence why he was going into McD for breakfast. just my opinion.

lol you beat me to it. I was wondering if the no entry person and the old man got off a bus but the only NE coach I cant find a bus for that sort of time.

The thing is that we've been told that the bin lorry was the first vehicle in the horseshoe after Corrie entered.

The timing of the phone pings 'loosely correlate' to the bin lorry timings and route. (So they could be spot on but they could be 5 minutes out).

No one seems to have seen Corrie in the horseshoe. Why not? Was he 'hidden' inside a bin?

Corrie wasn't seen on camera coming out. Why not? Was his exit in the back of a bin lorry where he definitely couldn't be seen?
Is that fact the bin lorry was first in? Do u have a link? I just wonder why the vehicle window would be 03.00 - 05.00 originally and not 04.00 -05.00 in that case.

Hi Ikati5 , can you tell me why you why you don't think the bin lorry took the same route as the phone ? , that would certainly make a difference tia
Hi.. because the newspaper quote uses past tense, APPEARED.
"The waste lorry made a collection shortly after and its route appeared to coincide with the movements of Corrie’s phone — but forensics found no trace of him in the vehicle." Jmo!

lol you beat me to it. I was wondering if the no entry person and the old man got off a bus but the only NE coach I cant find a bus for that sort of time.

I wasn't thinking NE Coach. More like maybe Ledger, Shearings, Galloway or other holiday coach company that would pick up in Bury St Edmunds.

ive used Shearings but pick up in Ipswich outside train station. There has often been solo travellers with a backpack who might just be going to walk around wherever they've travelled too. Just an opinion of mine.

One theory was a hook up gone wrong...So maybe the arrested man was that hook up. Good reason to lie and cover up as he appears to have a girlfriend.

Ahhhh thank you , yep certainly food for thought

I have to say I don't think the older man in Mac D is homeless and I am now of the opinion he has just arrived in BSE or about to leave. My gut instinct is and I don't know why he has just arrived. What I thought was a rambling pole appears to be the belt that goes around your waist when securing a large ruck sack. He certainly walks with a purpose albeit with a slight gait. IMHO he may just be passing through BSE on his way to somewhere else. So perhaps he arrived had breakfast at Mac D and left destination unknown perhaps he is not a local. But I am sure CCTV would have picked him up after Mac D and SP would know which way he went.

I still quite like this theory.

If the guy that was arrested has lied or falsified some record or other pertaining to Corrie's case, there has to be a reason, right? We know he wasn't the driver, but did he give permission for the bin to go to landfill instead of recycling? Or was it to do with the bin weight? Or the wrong lorry getting searched?
Could be this and the driver has dropped C somewhere innocently, afraid to come forward, dispatcher covers for him, someone knows (partner of one of them) and has anonymously claimed reward and given info to SP. Wonder if dispatcher sometimes acts as a relief driver even?

Wonder if dispatcher sometimes acts as a relief driver even?

I suppose that is a possibility. If you are responsible to have shifts covered and there is no one else to do it perhaps you would end up doing it yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth