UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone read anything into this quote from NU from the above link"

Does it possibly suggest the guy knew something all along and was protecting someone by saying nothing?

I thought the same when I read it.

I have been following this since the beginning. Whilst I think already discounted from the investigation, did the police ever give a name for the body found on the slip of the M40?

Just read an article in Daily Mirror about a guy found dead in a wheelie bin in Gateshead. They have someone in custody for it so it does happen and he was found in the bin. I'm sorry I can't post links but it was dated yesterday online if someone could link it.

One thing I don't understand is how we are back to the recycling bin when the Monday general waste bins from SB were the suspect bins linked to landfill. Also the Greggs bin came up negative on forensics so I am just not following it I'm afraid.
SP said the man arrested/bailed was not the 'refuse' lorry driver, (that collected a bin on the Monday that would be the one that may go to landfill). Then, the papers today report that the man works for Biffa and that he is in a position of 'traffic dispatcher'. It was also said, again, that a bin lorry was at the HS a short time after C was last seen. So, the focus of a bin lorry, switched back to the first one. You are right though, it doesn't make much sense.

One thing I don't understand is how we are back to the recycling bin when the Monday general waste bins from SB were the suspect bins linked to landfill. Also the Greggs bin came up negative on forensics so I am just not following it I'm afraid.

I personally can't get past that connection between the phone and the bin lorry travelling at "roughly" the same time to the same place, right at the time Corrie disappeared. That's a big red flag/clue that something happened related to that lorry, although it's not yet been explained.

I think police have ruled out other possible cars his phone might have travelled in to that area at that time, and have returned to take closer look at that bin lorry to figure out how it was connected to the phone, and not be content with the 'on the face of things' investigation they did before, but are now maybe questioning the explanations they've been given. The evidence about the phone appears to be the only concrete evidence they have, so I think they're looking hard for the truth about what happened to it.

The landfill is, I think, a search they feel they have to do since all other possibilities have been exhausted, and that is an area where a body might stay hidden all this time. I don't think they have any particular evidence pointing them to it, and I think they prefer to follow where the evidence leads, rather than expend huge hours on an off-chance search, when he might be somewhere else.

Does anyone else remember reading an article in the Sun newspaper (I realise they're not the most reliable or respectful of sources) a couple of months ago relating to a Biffa collection from the HS?
There was a photo of a bin driver I believe. He was asked to make a comment in relation to the article, of which he replied 'no comment'. I don't know why but it just didn't sit easy with me after reading this.
Apologies but I've been unable to find the link to this news article. Hope I've not broke any rules. If so I will delete this post if it's inappropriate.

Results of yesterday's Quick Poll

Corrie arranged own disappearance - 5
Only one person involved - 4
More than one person involved - 25

.....and time for another - this time we're going to assume / hypothesise that Corrie WAS in the Biffa bin,was collected at 4:20ish, and ended up at landfill. So, how did he end up in the bin?? Place your votes....

QUICK POLL

Corrie climbed into the bin himself, for a nap or to keep warm

QUICK POLL

Corrie was put in the bin, dead or badly injured, by person or persons unknown

Been talking to a guy who used to work for Biffa. He said 99% of rubbish gets sorted and if a body made it to landfill it would have to be through foul play as it would have been missed twice through the sortation process. They have found bodies in landfill, I think the key word being 'found' rather than buried without trace.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does anyone else remember reading an article in the Sun newspaper (I realise they're not the most reliable or respectful of sources) a couple of months ago relating to a Biffa collection from the HS?
There was a photo of a bin driver I believe. He was asked to make a comment in relation to the article, of which he replied 'no comment'. I don't know why but it just didn't sit easy with me after reading this.

It was rather odd that he didn't tell the reporter that he was off sick and not working that day?!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

.....and time for another - this time we're going to assume / hypothesise that Corrie WAS in the Biffa bin,was collected at 4:20ish, and ended up at landfill. So, how did he end up in the bin?? Place your votes....
Sorry Cagney, I'm going to abstain. Forensics found no trace in that bin collected at 04.20 so I just cannot see it. In the Monday bins ? What were forensic results do we know? And are those council or commercial? Just too many questions still IMO.

I was looking for the 3rd option in the poll, the poll corrie never went in the bin but phone did, imo

Sorry Cagney, I'm going to abstain. Forensics found no trace in that bin collected at 04.20 so I just cannot see it. In the Monday bins ? What were forensic results do we know? And are those council or commercial? Just too many questions still IMO.
I was out all day/night so missed taking part in the poll

But what if.... the bin got swapped? Also bear in mind that if Corrie was dead in that bin for under an hour, it's unlikely cadaver dogs would smell death.

I was looking for the 3rd option in the poll, the poll corrie never went in the bin but phone did, imo

It's a hypothetical scenario where he ends up a landfill and it's something to do with Biffa (based purely on current police activity ie the arrest and the search). The landfill is not open to the public so either he got there in a bin lorry or someone took a bung to allow in an unauthorised load.

I need the 4th option that neither C nor the phone went in the bin.

So much pointing to Biffa involvement somewhere along the line though

I was out all day/night so missed taking part in the poll

It's only a few posts up.

For clarity, I never thought he was in a bin, and certainly not of his own volition, but I wonder whether the Biffa arrest is the start of something bigger.

It's also possible it was something completely unexpected, like he went in the lorry as a passenger.

It's also possible it was something completely unexpected, like he went in the lorry as a passenger.

I still quite like this theory.

If the guy that was arrested has lied or falsified some record or other pertaining to Corrie's case, there has to be a reason, right? We know he wasn't the driver, but did he give permission for the bin to go to landfill instead of recycling? Or was it to do with the bin weight? Or the wrong lorry getting searched?

Another possibilty is that the current police questioning does have to do with the landfill, which is also used by Biffa, and it's just the media that's linking it to the recycle bin.

But I still feel it's too much of a coincidence for the recycle lorry to empty the bin where his phone had just minutes before been tossed/lost.

I was wondering about things being swapped.

If Corrie went for a nap in the bin, then a cadaver dog shouldn't pick up anything, but a regular sniffer dog should? maybe? Corrie would have been in there approximately one hour, it's a fairly enclosed space so his breath and scent should be on plenty of the contents (I imagine) but would it permeate the bin enough if the bin's in daily use to stay there until they did do full forensics on it?

Could the bin have been replaced or switcheroo-d with another bin to confuse the police?

The other thing is the bin lorry. Can they physically remove the innards of the back of the lorry, the compacter and everything, and replace them with parts from another lorry? It sounds like a major job to do that and surely someone would have mentioned that they were sent a bin lorry for such a job?

All of that sounds a bit far-fetched and it's the weight that I find the problematic thing if it's electronically recorded by an on-board computer as opposed to written in. Did the police go into the computer to get the readout for themselves or were they provided with a readout? A provided readout could have fairly easily been altered using something like Word, but I would find it less likely that actual computer records were altered if they'd stayed in the computer the whole way with no manual entries or copying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3