UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have made some posts criticisng the police over the course of how ever many tthreads we're up to now and have sometimes been agreed with, sometimes not.

I haven't changed my mind that they could have done a better job

JMO

suzy, I wasn't shaking my head at your comments, I was shaking it at the police quote.

We had our recycling bins taken today and I really just thought where the hells that going then.

i still don't believe he would have slept in a bin honestly not with all the other places about he could have within a short walk or the amount of taxi's about at kicking out time but I guess will never know. It's not like they'll be able to tell his cause of death surely after all these months and the process of how rubbish is crushed.

suzy, I wasn't shaking my head at your comments, I was shaking it at the police quote.

I didn't think you were, the emojis show up very small for me so I can't always recognise what they are anyway

I struggle to believe he'd have chosen to sleep in a bin too, no matter how drunk or cold he was.

I'm fairly new to following this case - re: the forensics showing no trace of him, could his body have been wrapped in something? Apologies if that's been ruled out.

There's a brief interview with Nicola here. It's heartbreaking to watch. I cannot begin to imagine how she must be feeling about this.
Corrie could have been found within a few weeks and the earlier he was found the higher the chances that there would be enough forensic evidence for post-mortem to ascertain cause and manner of death. After all of this time that really may not be possible when he is finally found.

I'm still restricted on what sites I can access just now (using work laptop and for me to access WS is ok but many MSM news sites aren't - go figure!) this is BBC news :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-39209562

I didn't think you were, the emojis show up very small for me so I can't always recognise what they are anyway

Okay thanks. I realised my comment could have been taken either way, so I just wanted to make sure.

Lets just hope the information given to where the rubbish was put in the landfill are now correct.

Also there is still a possibility he was put in the bin remember.

I doubt we will ever find out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Mckeague's family raised more than £50,000 through crowdfunding to hire McKenzie Intelligence Services to work on the case.
Its managing director, Forbes McKenzie, said more work should have been done at the landfill site "from the outset".

Mr McKenzie said there were "lots of comments" from people who worked in the waste disposal industry who said the information provided about the bins did not add up.
"We would like to think we had something to do with directing [police] to that [landfill] site," he said.

And yet they turned down the free offer from ex detectives, bizzare

The BBC update, she said she is 'frustrated'? Oh my goodness, which planet are they on? Surely an apology would have been in order. Has there been any official explanation as to why it has taken this long to ascertain that the weight of the bin was incorrect? How did they find this out and for the company that was paid the £50k to appear to be taking some kind of credit is absolutely laughable. The Police would have been quite able I'm sure to read the posts on social media, just like they will have been reading forums like this one. The Police should show sympathy and apologise to Corrie's family, they have just added more fuel to the fire. If they accepted the weight as correct and in good faith, how sure are they that Corrie did get in that bin voluntarily of his own accord? Are they taking that assumption in good faith as well. I was expecting them to issue some sort of formal apology to Corrie's family but instead they say how frustrated they are..

I'm quoting myself because I've seen someone has posted this on FB as their own comment, isn't it netiquette to acknowledge the source of a post? Has this happened to any other posters?
I've had that happen with a post I put on here, but I was asking for information, so I wasn't that bothered as it could mean that I would get the answer another way. I couldn't comment on it as I am not a member of that group. Yours is a bit different though.

I'm quoting myself because I've seen someone has posted this on FB as their own comment, isn't it netiquette to acknowledge the source of a post? Has this happened to any other posters?
No but cheeky buggers.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Question: Is it likely the bin lorry emptied it's load at Red Lodge WTS given the time (very early ~06:00?) and day (Saturday) and then transferred to the landfill on Monday?
That's what it was supposed to do but not until it opened at 7.30am, though the last ping of the mast wasn't long after that.

That's what it was supposed to do but not until it opened at 7.30am, though the last ping of the mast wasn't long after that.

When you say opened at 07:30 you mean the landfill rather than WTS?

Reason I'm asking this is I now believe Corrie's phone was pinging a mast close to Red Lodge (as well as earlier/also pinging the fiveways roundabout micro mast). I've compiled some pictures to show why I believe this but not sure I should post it just yet.

There's a brief interview with Nicola here. It's heartbreaking to watch. I cannot begin to imagine how she must be feeling about this.
Corrie could have been found within a few weeks and the earlier he was found the higher the chances that there would be enough forensic evidence for post-mortem to ascertain cause and manner of death. After all of this time that really may not be possible when he is finally found.

I'm still restricted on what sites I can access just now (using work laptop and for me to access WS is ok but many MSM news sites aren't - go figure!) this is BBC news :

That is heartbreaking to see how heartbreaking it is for Nicola and indeed for all the family.

Who else here thinks that SP have totally mishandled this from the beginning, and are probably still mishandling it now?

I actually spoke via electronic communication to Corries mother in December (and I have the records of the conversations), and I contacted her to tell her I didn't believe the weights that had been presented to the Police and why I didn't believe them.

Obviously her reply, undoubtedly influenced by SP was that the weights were right.

My issue now is this:

If you are asked by the Police to provide weights of bins in an investigation into a person who went missing, and whose phone travelled the same route as your bin truck...

You KNOW that some people pay by the weight of the collected trash, and you KNOW that some people pay a fixed fee based on average weights or per collection...

Presumably the data was downloaded in some form of spreadsheet, and presumably if the customer is paying on an average weight basis / per collection basis, you know that the system will present a nominal figure as the recorded weight for bill calculation purposes, then...

Would you not at that point as a company, knowing there are different payment methods and billing options, actually CHECK what deal the people who owned that bin have, check that the weight you give the Police IS in fact the actual weighed bin and not the average, and MAKE SURE that the information you have provided is accurate?

I can't believe an entire company of people who ALL know it was their truck and their bin and that the weight measurement is critical - could possibly mess that up.

And clearly, since the Police DO now have the actual weight - it WAS recorded and that information was there all along.

I don't think the Police should write it off as "accidental" that they were given the wrong data, it simply can't have been missed, surely?

The salesperson who deals with that account would know what deal they have, and it would be on the system as well, and undoubtedly numerous other people would know as well.

SP are perhaps covering their own arses by covering other peoples - this is too big a mess to be purely accidental?

I don't blame Corrie in any way, but at the end of it all, it appears he made an error in judgement that cost him his life. I hope people just stop sleeping in bins, and recognize that it's potentially very dangerous, like texting while driving.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Yep and by 26 September the police knew that he could not have left on foot unseen.That left us with him leaving in a vehicle from the HS.His phone pings followed the course of the bin lorry and yet the police didn't follow up. (landfill search)I support the police but they messed up right at the start.
No, the police didn't know that on 26 September.Corrie was only reported to them on that date as not having turned up for duty and the RAF was concerned. His friends wouldn't have known where he was as he left Flex on his own. The police then had to investigate and check CCTV and trace Corrie's last movements. It was beginning of October when the footage came out of him leaving the takeaway then going into the horseshoe.

When you say opened at 07:30 you mean the landfill rather than WTS?

Reason I'm asking this is I now believe Corrie's phone was pinging a mast close to Red Lodge (as well as earlier/also pinging the fiveways roundabout micro mast). I've compiled some pictures to show why I believe this but not sure I should post it just yet.
The WTS at Red Lodge opens at 7.30am on a Saturday and it is just within the range of the BM mast. Did you see the map I put up earlier with the various locations marked? I'll post it here again just in case you didn't. I think now, you may as well post what you think as it would be interesting and I doubt anything could upset N or the family any further by you doing so.

attachment.php

Attachments

• MapLandfillWTSincinerator.png
    MapLandfillWTSincinerator.png
    289.8 KB · Views: 227
So what if the operator filled in a correct amount (for instance 111kg) then it goes to the office who are used to a recorded weight of around 11kg and it is brushed off as a slip of the pen , then further investigation maybe a weigh bridge amount leaves a discrepancy of over 100kg and it is not put together until that time ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
earworm