UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did see your useful map, Reallyodd. See if the WTS wasn't open until 07:30 then what/where was the bin lorry for so much time? It supposedly arrive at Sainsbury's in Mildenhall at ~05:00, emptied bin(s) there and went straight to it's final destination (we're thinking Red Lodge because of the phone). Unless the bin lorry driver parked up outside the WTS and waited for a couple of hours?

I'll work on compiling my post about the pings and put it up in a bit.

Take it as a compliment. I wouldn't get too upset about it.

You make some good points so at least they're being shared.

We had our recycling bins taken today and I really just thought where the hells that going then.

i still don't believe he would have slept in a bin honestly not with all the other places about he could have within a short walk or the amount of taxi's about at kicking out time but I guess will never know. It's not like they'll be able to tell his cause of death surely after all these months and the process of how rubbish is crushed.

I also don't think he slept in a bin. As regards getting a taxi back to base I think he had very little money as it was a week before he was due to get paid. It would have cost a fair bit in a taxi to travel from BSE to Honington. He bought some alcohol which he drank in his car prior to meeting up with his friends in BSE. I think it was a spur of the moment decision to go out perhaps due to having very little money.
One thing that has puzzled me is why didn't he just hang around for his mates &get a lift back with them? I guess we'll never know.

Does anyone know exactly how did they discover that a mistake had been made with the weight of the bin?

So what if the operator filled in a correct amount (for instance 111kg) then it goes to the office who are used to a recorded weight of around 11kg and it is brushed off as a slip of the pen , then further investigation maybe a weigh bridge amount leaves a discrepancy of over 100kg and it is not put together until that time ?

Seriously? If that's how the SP have got the actual weight and they've only just bothered to verify the weight - 6 months later - <modsnip>

It's cost £millions, has absorbed probably the entire SP capability and staff available - and all because they didn't bother to check some numbers were right?

I think (hope) it can't be that simple, <modsnip>

Does anyone know exactly how did they discover that a mistake had been made with the weight of the bin?

I thought Biffa had contacted them to tell them - but that sounds a bit odd, because it would mean they'd hung out one of their own employees to dry - and how did they suddenly discover it now, instead of when it was clear they needed to give some input into a major enquiry?

I'm a bit tired of all the police bashing on here.
Assuming CM died as a result of getting into one of those bins, he died long before anyone knew he was missing. Nothing the police could have done would have saved him.

Seriously? If that's how the SP have got the actual weight and they've only just bothered to verify the weight - 6 months later - <modsnip>

It's cost £millions, has absorbed probably the entire SP capability and staff available - and all because they didn't bother to check some numbers were right?

I think (hope) it can't be that simple, <modsnip>

I agree 110%. It surely isn't believable that everyone involved within the company missed that a mistake had been made - surely after the lorry was seized for over a week around October, the company would have been scrutinising their records to ensure that there had not been any errors made. This doesn't make sense to me that they all missed it for so long and I still think this could be a 'mop up of the *advertiser censored* up'. Is it possible they knew all along and have only now admitted it because they know that he will be found there. Why have the Police stated that no charge will be brought. Have they questioned the driver? I am in disbelief at the money wasted, the update today from the Police said she was frustrated, it beggars belief. All the money donated, volunteers, SULSAR, the private agency brought in to the tune of £50k etc etc. I'm not convinced that not one single person in that company didn't know the weight was wrong. How come they suddenly realised an error after all these months and all the £ spent.

They haven't said yet who was "questioned under caution" (what does this mean, arrested or just chatted to?) but I think it's a safe bet it was probably the bin man. I imagine he is devastated.

I'm still not totally convinced Corrie was alive when the bin got collected. Perhaps he was injured, perhaps he was so soundly asleep he didn't hear or feel the bin moving. Did he have chance to? How far did the bin have to be dragged?
Questioned under caution means police say " you're not obliged to say anything but if you do it will be taken down and may be used in evidence" but they do not arrest. The wording may be a bit different now but that is the gist of it.

I think it was verified when the dispatcher was taken in under caution

I think it was verified when the dispatcher was taken in under caution

He was only taken in under caution because they had somehow found out the weight they'd been given was wrong

Regardless of how Corrie ended up in a bin, the fact remains that the bin company may well be held accountable for his death. By not adhering to the correct process for sorting the waste, they are likely to be breaching the terms of the operational license granted to them.
Aside from the fact that the weight was recorded/reported incorrectly, there is the matter of where the waste was disposed of and the apparent "bypassing" of the correct sorting processes.
I for one will be looking further into the legalities and breaches involved, as I'm sure the family/family legal team will do most thoroughly.

That is what I would think but the council may look into the licence and contract anyway.

I did see your useful map, Reallyodd. See if the WTS wasn't open until 07:30 then what/where was the bin lorry for so much time? It supposedly arrive at Sainsbury's in Mildenhall at ~05:00, emptied bin(s) there and went straight to it's final destination (we're thinking Red Lodge because of the phone). Unless the bin lorry driver parked up outside the WTS and waited for a couple of hours?

I'll work on compiling my post about the pings and put it up in a bit.
I wondered the same thing and when I was plotting the FCC Thetford site on the map this morning, I noticed that that WTS wasn't far from a supposed sighting of C on the same main road near the junction with the Wangford Road, and it wasn't far off the timing either. However, that wouldn't be within the range of the BM mast. It is also possible that the lorry went to the Thetford site and maybe left there earlier in the morning, then went to Milton from there or maybe even Red Lodge first. I just find it odd that it went off the BM mast shortly after the RL WTS opened.

He had more. Pick ups in the Barton mills area and went straight to land fill there was no sorting

I'm a bit tired of all the police bashing on here.
Assuming CM died as a result of getting into one of those bins, he died long before anyone knew he was missing. Nothing the police could have done would have saved him.

It certainly would have saved money if the Police had ascertained long before now that the weight was wrong. It would also have saved many months of devastation and grief for Corrie's family, who have desperately pleaded for the landfill to be searched, they pleaded with potential witnesses to be identified, all the help from SULSAR, the volunteers, donations, torment for people who have been named and shamed on social media and forums who are completely innocent, the private company brought in to the tune of £50k etc etc. Something doesn't add up - why has it just suddenly came to light that an error was made? The timing coincides with the landfill being searched, very convenient. The Police should have checked and double checked that the weight was correct. <modsnip>

I can safely say that there are breaches nationwide with councils and private companies involved in waste. Its not a surprise to me one bit after what I see on a daily basis.
Surely not many involving deaths? We saw high Biffa figures of people found in bins (uk 175 - 2015 and 144 - 2014) in the linked NZ article yesterday but obviously there are no figures for those not found.

I wondered the same thing and when I was plotting the FCC Thetford site on the map this morning, I noticed that that WTS wasn't far from a supposed sighting of C on the same main road near the junction with the Wangford Road, and it wasn't far off the timing either. However, that wouldn't be within the range of the BM mast. It is also possible that the lorry went to the Thetford site and maybe left there earlier in the morning, then went to Milton from there or maybe even Red Lodge first. I just find it odd that it went off the BM mast shortly after the RL WTS opened.

The info in the post I'm compiling suggests the phone wasn't (or wasn't just) pinging the BM mast hence my reluctance to post it has it could show SP in a bad light and they are getting a lot of grief (possibly rightly) already...

ETA: Something interesting I've just thought of linked to what I think I've worked out is the 08:00 Corrie's phone went dead. Additional to this I'm now thinking as soon as they find Corrie/Phone (or only one) there may be arrest(s).

He had more. Pick ups in the Barton mills area and went straight to land fill there was no sorting

Is that fact he made multiple pickups in/around Mildenhall? I thought it was said there was just one pickup at Sainsbury's and then to the recycling centre/WTS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webrowser