UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the state of the landfill -- don't know when the photos were taken though -- I'd probably sieve the material. But surely that would take forever?

I wouldn't be to surprised if other missing people have ended up at landfills in some way, and the landfills weren't locked down, and the police force didn't have the leads or the money to do a random search on the scale of this one. Corrie was actually caught on CCTV going into the bay with the bins, but not all bins are covered by CCTV and not all missing person cases have CCTV of them right before they disappeared.

There was a story of a person ending up in a cardboard bale. I find it easier to believe someone could go through an incinerator than end up in a card/paper bale. It depends what condition bones would be in post-incineration but if they cracked/broke into pieces, then they'd be hard to recognise as human. The skull is the most easily identified, but if it's cracked into 20 disparate pieces then it's not recognizable as human.

I figure the tabloids haven't bothered to ask by exactly which route/process it's being theorised that Corrie ended up in the landfill and just made the map showing the bin lorry going straight to Milton as it would satisfy most readers (although it would also leave most readers who were satisfied by it wondering why 2+2 weren't added up a lot earlier and the landfill searched earlier).

Looking at the state of the landfill -- don't know when the photos were taken though -- I'd probably sieve the material. But surely that would take forever?

I wouldn't be to surprised if other missing people have ended up at landfills in some way, and the landfills weren't locked down, and the police force didn't have the leads or the money to do a random search on the scale of this one. Corrie was actually caught on CCTV going into the bay with the bins, but not all bins are covered by CCTV and not all missing person cases have CCTV of them right before they disappeared.

There was a story of a person ending up in a cardboard bale. I find it easier to believe someone could go through an incinerator than end up in a card/paper bale. It depends what condition bones would be in post-incineration but if they cracked/broke into pieces, then they'd be hard to recognise as human. The skull is the most easily identified, but if it's cracked into 20 disparate pieces then it's not recognizable as human.

I figure the tabloids haven't bothered to ask by exactly which route/process it's being theorised that Corrie ended up in the landfill and just made the map showing the bin lorry going straight to Milton as it would satisfy most readers (although it would also leave most readers who were satisfied by it wondering why 2+2 weren't added up a lot earlier and the landfill searched earlier).

What's really depressing me now is that multiple articles are saying the same thing. Bin picked up hours after Corrie was last seen (it was under an hour we've always been told) and that the phone was tracked to Milton (it was tracked to BM 20 odd miles away we've always been told).

If this is proved correct I'd be demanding answers from SP and Suffolk council/Biffa. Surely multiple failings here?

If they find C in landfill then they will have to work backwards to see how that happened. If he is not found in landfill, it will probably be presumed that Suffolk waste procedures are acceptable. BTW the latest map in the Sun recently linked shows the phone/lorry route going to BM (not Milton) via the A14 and not the A1101.

What's really depressing me now is that multiple articles are saying the same thing. Bin picked up hours after Corrie was last seen (it was under an hour we've always been told) and that the phone was tracked to Milton (it was tracked to BM 20 odd miles away we've always been told).

If this is proved correct I'd be demanding answers from SP and Suffolk council/Biffa. Surely multiple failings here?

If the phone was tracked to Milton, then why all the searches at Barton Mills? I think the media are fudging that particular 'fact'.

Th
ere was a story of a person ending up in a cardboard bale. I find it easier to believe someone could go through an incinerator than end up in a card/paper bale. It depends what condition bones would be in post-incineration but if they cracked/broke into pieces, then they'd be hard to recognise as human. The skull is the most easily identified, but if it's cracked into 20 disparate pieces then it's not recognizable as human.

I have not seen that BBM Amonet would you have a link please? I have always thought this quite impossible with cardboard waste, so that is interesting.

The man in the cardboard bale happened in New Zealand

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11667257

I see that they put this paragraph in the article, though

"UK Waste management company Biffa reported 175 people discovered in its bins there last year, 144 more than the previous year."

To be honest, a few weeks ago I would have said, "yeah, they were FOUND", but now I'm just wondering if all of them are found.

The key words here are "if it did go through the incinerator process" rather than "when it went through...."
This is what I just don't understand. Through all my research into this recently, I cannot find out if Biffa have their own WTS on their sites or if it goes elsewhere. If it's done on their sites, then there is the possibility that the proper procedures were not carried out and it could lead then to landfill, or if they use external WTS, it may not have been sent there. I would have thought the company would have been proudly showing off that they handle the WTS processes themselves, if that is the case, but there is nothing to say that. Biffa also earn a lot of tax credits for not sending stuff to landfill and they use these tax credits to fund good causes all over the country.

The general/council/household waste from BSE is taken to Red Lodge (FCC) where it is sorted for combustibles (I would think anything wrapped in bags would be opened to check in case it is hazardous material) and the combustibles then get baled and then taken to Great Blakenham for incineration. I don't know how big the bales are, but surely through the sorting process and then baling, a body would have been obvious. Once it gets to GB, it is tipped into a chamber and goes through the processes of incineration, leaving ash (at least some of the ash is used in building materials) but also going through a process to extract metals. Bones would be obvious.

There is, to my mind, only one other way that a body could end up in landfill, but it would require someone having a key or whatever means it takes to get into the landfill out of hours. *

But then there is the phone on the Barton Mills mast until 8am - Red Lodge falls just within the mast range and Mildenhall area would also be within range.

My own theory, is still the same as it always has been: he got in a car, went elsewhere in BSE, and either something happened and he was taken wherever or he went on to somewhere else and then something happened. The phone either with him still or perhaps left in the vehicle.

ETA: *It wouldn't necessarily conveniently be placed in BSE waste.

"UK Waste management company Biffa reported 175 people discovered in its bins there last year, 144 more than the previous year."

To be honest, a few weeks ago I would have said, "yeah, they were FOUND", but now I'm just wondering if all of them are found.

The important bit to refer to in these articles you linked is "Homeless Man".
Corrie wasn't homesless, he had a base. Just needed to get back to his quarters and dog..

Corrie wasn't homesless, he had a base. Just needed to get back to his quarters and dog..

I thought the key part was missed in a bin full of recycling until it was too late...

We don't even know yet if Corrie will be found in the landfill.

Having worked in retail and having a fair grasp of what is supposed to go where regarding waste, I would not be surprised if they find him as a result of the current search. In my experience the supposed sorting and disposal of waste appears to be pretty lax at best.

My own theory, is still the same as it always has been: he got in a car, went elsewhere in BSE, and either something happened and he was taken wherever or he went on to somewhere else and then something happened. The phone either with him still or perhaps left in the vehicle.

ETA: *It wouldn't necessarily conveniently be placed in BSE waste.

But where would this car that he got into have been? Not the horseshoe or SP would have tracked it down by now, since it would be the focus of their investigation.

Fwiw and at the risk of sounding nuts (!) I dreamed Corrie got into a bin to escape from someone.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

There's been so many twists & turns to this case, so much conflicting information & so many unanswered questions it really does seem to me that there is some major cover up of some sort that has resulted in this whole case being so difficult to crack. Are there any similarities in other cases, outstanding or otherwise in comparison to this case?

First case I got into on Websleuths was the missing Dutch girls in Panama. Most posters theorized it was a sex-related kidnapping because they were young and attractive, and that the Panama authorities were covering it up to protect tourism. However local guides and search and rescue believed they wandered off the trail and died by misadventure. Dramatic evidence kept being released, such as photos taken by the missing women, but it just heightened the mystery. Fortunately, some remains were found so the family had some closure. This recent story has an update with some expert conclusions. http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/08/21/the-lost-girls-of-panama-the-full-story.html

I can't believe there were only 7 threads, not so many people on websleuths in those days, and not so many quoting other posters.

If the phone was tracked to Milton, then why all the searches at Barton Mills? I think the media are fudging that particular 'fact'.

Does anyone have a link to an article saying the phone was tracked to Milton? All I've seen said is basically the phone was tracked to BM and the police are searching a landfill 'nearby' (27 miles nearby!!). It's all very tenuous and I think maybe we're getting hung up on the media reports and the arrest. Not so long back, it was C could have crossed to SB and finished up in a bin there and gone to landfill.

Are some of the articles saying that a lorry was collecting a bin 'hours' after C went into the HS? I thought the bin lorry arrived not long after C?

I've said it before but I'll say it again the bales at great blakenham are very clearly sorted you can see them as you drive past. The bales are quite large as well, large enough for a body but there so clearly sorted one couldn't be missed by accident.

If he was in a bin and it was literally just chucked on the landfill and left I was just thinking...he wouldn't have been (sorry to say it :( ) all intact would he? Only I read an article about this happening to someone else which WAS sorted and it said something a long the lines of "they saw something that looked like an arm with tattoos on it on the conveyor belt". Also I'd imagine his clothes would be ripped from him in the bin (if he was in there, I bloody pray he wasn't) so again you probably wouldn't see a man laid fully clothed in the middle of some rubbish? So if it was in the bin and that wasn't sorted maybe he COULDVE been missed? Don't really understand the point of this post to be totally honest just trying to think how a fully grown adult could be missed. I saw some of these bins outside a garage the other day and they're half the sized I'd imagined, not much more than Corrie would've fitted inside I don't think (unless the ones in the HS were bigger)

For that reason I've changed my mind and I don't think he'll be found there.

And if he wanted to sleep for the rest of the night, why not go to his car and curl up on the back seat?

Presumably the guy in the bale was dead? How many of those found were alive? Sorry I haven't read the article yet. NZ population is only about 3 million so that seems a lot. Does Biffa have Uk figures?

I've said it before but I'll say it again the bales at great blakenham are very clearly sorted you can see them as you drive past. The bales are quite large as well, large enough for a body but there so clearly sorted one couldn't be missed by accident.
If everything is entirely mechanical I would say it could happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties