UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
New to this thread, but I would think it would be misadventure rather than manslaughter? Anyone sober and sane would know that sleeping in a bin carries a risk of being emptied into a bin lorry, I can't imagine that bin lorry drivers have a legal duty to check there isn't a person in every bin they empty.

New to this thread, but I would think it would be misadventure rather than manslaughter? Anyone sober and sane would know that sleeping in a bin carries a risk of being emptied into a bin lorry, I can't imagine that bin lorry drivers have a legal duty to check there isn't a person in every bin they empty.
That of course is assuming he got into the bin willingly, which we do not know. They surely have a requirement to give the correct information with regard to the process used for recycling the waste, where the lorry went, and how much the bin weighed. It has taken six months for the error of the weight to come to light, just as they had began to search the landfill. MOO

That of course is assuming he got into the bin willingly, which we do not know. They surely have a requirement to give the correct information with regard to the process used for recycling the waste, where the lorry went, and how much the bin weighed. It has taken six months for the error of the weight to come to light, just as they had began to search the landfill. MOO

Oh I agree, there's a million questions. But if he was put in the bin (in whatever state) his death would still be the fault of the person who put him in rather than corporate manslaughter by the bin company.

Legally you may be right however it is indeed Biffa by all accounts that is leading the awareness campaign into the problem of people being found in bins and in 2014 trying to make it best practice across the waste management sector for bins to be checked prior to loading.Therefore professionally I would imagine it is part of the drivers duty and in H&S policy that they check. JMO

https://www.biffa.co.uk/wp-content/...nk_CIWM_Biffa-Research-Report-Final_Feb14.pdf

http://resource.co/article/three-people-week-found-sleeping-biffa-bins-10919

Drivers are now instructed to check large bins used by commercial clients before they are collected.

There could only be a manslaughter charge if it can be shown that Corrie was alive when he was in the bin and the point at which he went into the lorry AND that he died as a result of going into the lorry.

If his remains are in the landfill, they may be in such a condition as to make it impossible to determine an exact cause of death.
Still not biffas fault that he was in the bin.

After seeing footage of the LF search I think it will be unlikely a definite cod can be established. Essentially CM is likely to be a hundred piece human jigsaw.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

After seeing footage of the LF search I think it will be unlikely a definite cod can be established. Essentially CM is likely to be a hundred piece human jigsaw.

Last sentence not for faint hearted like me. I did read a post here last night that due to oxygen, and other factors, that the remains may be preserved. This is dependent on a lot of ifs, with regard to the process, but that's good for me personally.

Yes you are right itis not Biffas fault CM is in the bin. He either got in himself or someone put him there, However it would be lax if the bin wasn't checked by the employee prior to loading..

I have another question we have learnt that the average weight of Gregg,s waste over the last few months has been 11kg but is that per week, per day, per month and that price is by collection and not weight. I was wondering how many times a week is 11kg picked up because it strikes me as an awfully small amount to collect and if the weight had been misinterpreted once is it possible it had been misinterpreted many times just pondering.

Rated to carry not a biffa bin so similar
  • Rated to carry 450kg
https://www.wheeliebins.co.uk/1100-litre-wheelie-bins.html

On holiday and am not getting half the things I wanted to do done.

Sorry I was late posting tonight but I have answered you before this post. I think I should also say that there is now another member who has the name Really? I noticed they thanked a post earlier today. So, perhaps it would be a good idea to use my full name to avoid confusion.
Reallyodd, really? Thats odd. Sorry couldn't resist. We could just call you Odd instead ?

Exactly! That would have saved months of wasted police time and effort. Why suddenly decide to inform the police now? Either Biffa are massively incompetent or there's something fishy going on.

Sorry, that was a reply to the poster who said Biffa should have said at the beginning that they didn't charge by weight, and therefore their measurements may not have been accurate.

Legally you may be right however it is indeed Biffa by all accounts that is leading the awareness campaign into the problem of people being found in bins and in 2014 trying to make it best practice across the waste management sector for bins to be checked prior to loading.Therefore professionally I would imagine it is part of the drivers duty and in H&S policy that they check. JMO

https://www.biffa.co.uk/wp-content/...nk_CIWM_Biffa-Research-Report-Final_Feb14.pdf

http://resource.co/article/three-people-week-found-sleeping-biffa-bins-10919

Drivers are now instructed to check large bins used by commercial clients before they are collected.

That's interesting, I wonder if they carry torches for checking at night? I must admit I had no idea these things get collected through the night.

I guess the driver might face disciplinary action if he went against training and didn't check, though I'm sure he feels pretty terrible now regardless. I still can't imagine there would be any legal case to answer.

How is it a failure to believe a witness?

That's interesting, I wonder if they carry torches for checking at night? I must admit I had no idea these things get collected through the night.

I guess the driver might face disciplinary action if he went against training and didn't check, though I'm sure he feels pretty terrible now regardless. I still can't imagine there would be any legal case to answer.
I have to say I was thinking about that last night. I didn't realise collections were done that early in the morning. I would of thought just the noise of the lorry driving in the early hours may have disturbed residents that lived close by.

Yes you are right itis not Biffas fault CM is in the bin. He either got in himself or someone put him there, However it would be lax if the bin wasn't checked by the employee prior to loading..

I have another question we have learnt that the average weight of Gregg,s waste over the last few months has been 11kg but is that per week, per day, per month and that price is by collection and not weight. I was wondering how many times a week is 11kg picked up because it strikes me as an awfully small amount to collect and if the weight had been misinterpreted once is it possible it had been misinterpreted many times just pondering.

Rated to carry not a biffa bin so similar
  • Rated to carry 450kg
https://www.wheeliebins.co.uk/1100-litre-wheelie-bins.html
Actually we now don't know if the driver did accidentally run him over if the forensics found no trace yet he was in the bin. The forensics on the lorry are suspect too as well IMO.

I was walking through the center of Glasgow some weeks ago around 12-2am and the council as well as Biffa were going around emptying bins. I watched them for some time going up a street taking the commercial waste away. 2 operatives for Biffa (4 with the council for private waste) drag the bins to the lorry lift and push the button, no lights, no checks apart from a quick look in a standard wheely bin.

Actually we now don't know if the driver did accidentally run him over if the forensics found no trace yet he was in the bin. The forensics on the lorry are suspect too as well IMO.

Yep I find this hard to understand as well, not only no forensics in the bin but none in the lorry on the outside or underneath it Which I find really odd.

R

The other thing is it was lone working with dangerous equipment, I don't suppose I would like to get out the cab wander about and check the bins in the dark by myself a little bit spooky, frightening and possibly dangerous in this day and age

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mygrowingbranches