UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not the time for answers yet. These are all the things that would be investigated at an inquest. His body hasn't been found yet.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
I disagree as one million pounds of public money is being spent we need answers to these things now. There maybe no body to find, especially as there were no traces found, so no inquest would be held.

Are they still required to be identified being as SP are so sure that C will be in landfill? They are not likely to have seen anything given that the bin lorry was long gone by the time those potential witnesses arrived nearby.
Well they have spent 5 months tracking down everyone else based on the suspicion of third party involvement so why stop now?

Okay. I'm not being Waltonish - I'm not even asking any of you for likes, I don't care if not one of you cares what I write. Im just saying I'm hoping for the Happy Ever After - he's on a hot beach somewhere playing his fave game, singing on a mike, making friends with everyone and having the best time ever. :) X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps this tragedy will highlight the need for money should be spent on remanufacturing the massive bins in a clear plastic.
I can't help but feel people would complain about ugly waste on show 😕

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

A clear plastic bin is a bad idea for a few reasons. Acrylic is only five times stronger than glass, metal is much more suitable for waste. The solution isn't making it safe to sleep in bins it's keeping people out of them in the first place through education and locking them.

Also if bin contents are visible it would attract a lot of scavenging.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Well they have spent 5 months tracking down everyone else based on the suspicion of third party involvement so why stop now?

The police said in the first month that they did not believe that a third party was involved, is that correct?

Perhaps this tragedy will highlight the need for money should be spent on remanufacturing the massive bins in a clear plastic.
It highlights the fact a national recycling policy of collection and disposal. We rolled out larger wheelie bins for ease of movement and noise reduction but lost the visual of H&S and failed on point of the recyling via giving larger universal garbage bins AND recycling bins, the food/universal bin should have reduced from the size of a old school dustbin. How many people actually could be on landfill is a horrible thought.

Just supposing he is not in the landfill. Do we know if the police have other lines of enquiries to follow should the search draw a blank?
I would hope so considering all the possible scenarios available and apparent unanswered questions.

It highlights the fact a national recycling policy of collection and disposal. We rolled out larger wheelie bins for ease of movement and noise reduction but lost the visual of H&S and failed on point of the recyling via giving larger universal garbage bins AND recycling bins, the food/universal bin should have reduced from the size of a old school dustbin. How many people actually could be on landfill is a horrible thought.

I said it before, if he is found in the landfill and got through the process, its going to open up a lot more investigations nationwide.

The police said in the first month that they did not believe that a third party was involved, is that correct?
They also confirmed 11KG after (supposed) checked and then confirmed - to now backtrack, they know nothing other than HS and they made a error investigating what Biffa and the waste site said and publically admitted they missed it at the time, they further admitted in their statement it took more than once or twice or more to miss that in the investigation. Did they take the word of the workers with no data evidence or did they miss the data evidence - either way it is horrendously poor investigation skills (or lack of).

I said it before, if he is found in the landfill and got through the process, its going to open up a lot more investigations nationwide.
It wont because of co$t, we can only hope a national refuse, recycling & disposal policy including H&S on such becomes legislation and something good comes out of this very possible horrendous situation. Frankly all commercial size bins should be locked - the tech is there we all use Contactless cards and a alarm on the scales should sound above expected weight for FULL manually & back to ground checking.

http://resource.co/article/three-people-week-found-sleeping-biffa-bins-10919

The bins come fitted with locks, and clients are told to ensure they are locked at night, but a driver interviewed for the programme said that around half of the bins are left open.

Part solution make locking the bin part of closing procedures and unlocking the bin part of opening procedures

Every public service employee has to swipe in/out secure areas except bin men on the job. A commercial bin should be locked or upload refused but still charged in the intern by the waste industry, companies would soon have proper policies on such to save money

I doubt that, I refer again to Mitchell quy who put parts of his wife in the bin, he told them, they knew where it went and when, yet despite searching they could not find her. That was with a confession, I hope this doesn't go down the route of that's what we think, no body, but what can we do and case closed :-(

They also confirmed 11KG after (supposed) checked and then confirmed - to now backtrack, they know nothing other than HS and they made a error investigating what Biffa and the waste site said and publically admitted they missed it at the time, they further admitted in their statement it took more than once or twice or more to miss that in the investigation. Did they take the word of the workers with no data evidence or did they miss the data evidence - either way it is horrendously poor investigation skills (or lack of).

One of N's Q&As said the police checked back 7 months and the usual collection weight for the bin was 10-15 kg.

@Miss B
I use a mobile so am not able to like posts at all. I think everyone would prefer the beach option but the reality of landfill is so hard to accept, especially after so long saying the recycle bin was impossible.

@Miss B
I use a mobile so am not able to like posts at all. I think everyone would prefer the beach option but the reality of landfill is so hard to accept, especially after so long saying the recycle bin was impossible.

I know that really... I just can't think of it. The poor family. We must be on thread 19 now? So that's about 19,000 posts from all of you. I haven't said much, but I've read them all. Landfill is the worst case scenario.

I almost want someone to be responsible- I don't want him to have got in the bin by himself. I also can't think about the fact that he could have been lying there all that time when after all - it wasn't impossible.

And yes, I'm not one that's good with words and I certainly haven't made any good points and also I'm not someone that posts for likes - I just say what I think. Usually it has no point to it, I'm just sad after reading everything and seeing that photo.

Thanks Shires.

Beach.

I know that really... I just can't think of it. The poor family. We must be on thread 19 now? So that's about 19,000 posts from all of you. I haven't said much, but I've read them all. Landfill is the worst case scenario.

I almost want someone to be responsible- I don't want him to have got in the bin by himself. I also can't think about the fact that he could have been lying there all that time when after all - it wasn't impossible.

And yes, I'm not one that's good with words and I certainly haven't made any good points and also I'm not someone that posts for likes - I just say what I think. Usually it has no point to it, I'm just sad after reading everything and seeing that photo.

Thanks Shires.

Beach.

Thanks Shires.

Beach.

Hiya Beach

I think we all feel the same. We have all been told Landfill is not an option etc etc etc and then suddenly told it is a very real option but I really think all of us would prefer that CM was living the good life on a beach somewhere. What ever the outcome of the search may be.

The whole very sad saga has highlighted a need to try and do something about the flipping bins. If CM is found in land fill it opens all sorts of other questions that need answering by various organisations.

Kind Regards
Reacher

One of N's Q&As said the police checked back 7 months and the usual collection weight for the bin was 10-15 kg.
The driver/operative weight is in the cab - that is a design flaw from the start is a driver can also be the operative on his/her own, there is no alarm either after docked and tagged a unusual weight. But as you said how does a weight difference of 100KGS get missed by tech, and then police even if employee/human error is at play at the waste site. All these months later something appears/info or missed/doctored?. It is very suspicious to me a MOD employee just ends up possibly on landfill, SP should clarify why they are now convinced and the weight error change.

Were SP preparing the landfill search in the anticipation that they got word back that the weight was wrong?

It was in perpetration for weeks then the day of the search beginning they gave us the news on the weights?

I would say it's not accurate. They said they were looking at a lot of options and all options were on the table (including third party).

They were accused of saying that they'd ruled out a third party. There was a TV interview where they said they didn't say that.

But Nicola and UT seem convinced of it anyway and nothing has seemed to change their minds over it, because I think UT included this allegation in one of his updates well after the police response to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marytb