UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is a "Thunderclap"?

Also, just because he dresses nicely and wore a pink shirt doesn't mean anything about his sexuality. A lot of fellas in the UK take very good care of their appearance.

In NZ less so, to the point that a guy got beaten up recently (a family man) walking home, after a night out, for wearing a pink polo shirt!
A thunder clap is when as many people as possible all tweet (or even use a hash tag on Facebook) the same thing at the same time so that Twitter is flooded with THAT message and will hopefully 'trend' therfore gaining more awareness.

*Comparing this to other male, missing person's, in the U.K.

The point being, Nicola will understand more than most, the importance of her some being found quickly AND that to do so, his case must be in the Public Eye (because most aren't).

So, on the back of the initial media interest of "an airman has gone missing" and "a bin lorry is sought", I believe she sought to build his profile. The media she used was the only one open to her, that being Facebook.

And "Uncle Tony" is no slow coach either. He seems pretty media savvy and deals in "communication" as his day job. So together, they are probably "more well equipped than most" (and more equipped than other families of missing persons) to react in support of the police, when this tragic event happened.

I can reason, that neither Nicola or Uncle Tony imagined that they would be still "plugging away" some 5 plus weeks down the line. And that police searches, supported by intense and sustained media coverage, would produce the lead that mattered.

I can only admire their skills and courage at the immediate action they took, whilst they were dealing with the shock and horror of Corrie's disappearance.

That said, after studying "D Notices" and "the Government use of the media" going as far back as Chapman Pincher to the modern day (Google Chapman Pincher, he was an impressive individual) I can see that there is a "Standing D Notice" in place.

Rightly or wrongly and for whatever reason, I am not privy to or would even attempt to guess at, but there is one in place.

To be honest, maybe a missing young man (missing for 5 weeks now with no leads) just isn't headline news for either national or local papers. Whilst local papers would probably normally spare some online space for updates, or just to keep the story live, they may not be writing new stories because there is nothing to tell. As heartbreaking as it much be for the family, and as much as for them it's big news, for the local papers, who have a large area and a lot of towns to cover, it will always be a lower priority. So maybe without a D notice, there still wouldn't be much printed either online or on paper about him.

Just as a random thought, if there is a D notice, could it be because the military suspect foul play from one of the men from the base? I don't know anything about how military law works, but would they want to suppress any stories, whilst they investigate the matter themselves? Do they maybe suspect either AWOL or that someone Corrie knew from the base harmed him and want to keep the stories minimal whilst they try to find out the truth?

If we temporarily acknowledge the proposed hypothesis of Corrie getting into a vehicle 'off screen', in other words either not seen by CCTV or captured on CCTV but images not yet released then that would explain his quick Ali Bongo style departure from the area.Now let's say after several beers and a salty, greasy kebab he needs a drink. With nowhere open and Tescos around the corner, he asks to be driven there. This COULD be where the dogs picked up the scent? Perhaps along the way he's then propositioned and accepts? Next stop, Barton Mills area where he knows he can get a lift to his car in a few hours when he's sobered up?

The issue here is the 'perp'. If he's picked someone up in BSE he surely knows the area but isn't from the local area? Likewise with Barton Mills. Could this involve visiting US military staff posted in? It would fit nicely into the model proposed.

Thoughts?

No.... foul play involving a "soldier to soldier" conflict is nothing that would be covered by a D Notice.

A "D Notice" is actually quite special. It will only cover things specific to "National Security".
So, the sinking of an Argentine Battle Cruiser, outside an exclusion zone... ISN'T covered.
The "fake" Weapons of Mass Destruction dossier.... ISN'T covered.

There's "huge amounts" that are not covered by this. That is "the freedom of the Press" and can be reported.

Even "operational security" isn't really covered by it. That is down to "discretion".

For Example.... when the Royal Navy deployed Sea King helicopters for the first time in Northern Ireland, that WAS NOT covered by a D Notice. It could be freely reported.
Whereas the technical equipment they carried and the length of their deployment WAS covered.

If we temporarily acknowledge the proposed hypothesis of Corrie getting into a vehicle 'off screen', in other words either not seen by CCTV or captured on CCTV but images not yet released then that would explain his quick Ali Bongo style departure from the area.Now let's say after several beers and a salty, greasy kebab he needs a drink. With nowhere open and Tescos around the corner, he asks to be driven there. This COULD be where the dogs picked up the scent? Perhaps along the way he's then propositioned and accepts? Next stop, Barton Mills area where he knows he can get a lift to his car in a few hours when he's sobered up?

The issue here is the 'perp'. If he's picked someone up in BSE he surely knows the area but isn't from the local area? Likewise with Barton Mills. Could this involve visiting US military staff posted in? It would fit nicely into the model proposed.

Thoughts?

The whole question of Corrie being picked up by a vehicle raises the next query as to how that vehicle hasn't come (as far as we know) to any kind of polcie attention via the hours of CCTV and ANPR camera footage they must by now have looked at.

At that time of the night there will be a small enough volume of traffic to trace every vehicle of any type very easily IMO.

A neighbour of mine was burgled at aorund the same time of night, there was some CCTV coverage in the street so they knew a car was involved but no clear enough images to say more than that, the Police were able to use ANPR cameras very quickly to eliminate certain routes they may have taken. This is for a small scale burglary so got to have been done for a mssing person. Unfortunately for my neighbours eliminating possible routes was as far as the police were ever able to get and the crime remains unsolved.

No.... foul play involving a "soldier to soldier" conflict is nothing that would be covered by a D Notice.

A "D Notice" is actually quite special. It will only cover things specific to "National Security".
So, the sinking of an Argentine Battle Cruiser, outside an exclusion zone... ISN'T covered.

There's "huge amounts" that are not covered by this. That is "the freedom of the Press" and can be reported.

Even "operational security" isn't really covered by it. That is down to "discretion".

For Example.... when the Royal Navy deployed Sea King helicopters for the first time in Northern Ireland, that WAS NOT covered by a D Notice. It could be freely reported.
Whereas the technical equipment they carried and the length of their deployment WAS covered.

Today's sad news of the fatal shooting at RAF Tain and the equally sad accident to a soldier knocked down and killed after a night out illustrate where D notices are NOT issued

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-37840425

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3897170/Paratrooper-21-died-hit-bus-run-cars.html

The whole question of Corrie being picked up by a vehicle raises the next query as to how that vehicle hasn't come (as far as we know) to any kind of polcie attention via the hours of CCTV and ANPR camera footage they must by now have looked at.

At that time of the night there will be a small enough volume of traffic to trace every vehicle of any type very easily IMO.

A neighbour of mine was burgled at aorund the same time of night, there was some CCTV coverage in the street so they knew a car was involved but no clear enough images to say more than that, the Police were able to use ANPR cameras very quickly to eliminate certain routes they may have taken. This is for a small scale burglary so got to have been done for a mssing person. Unfortunately for my neighbours eliminating possible routes was as far as the police were ever able to get and the crime remains unsolved.

And that, in a nutshell, is why abduction is really so baffling (but also so compelling).

Not one traffic camera !
So it's "the bin lorry" or "something well planned" (or they just have rubbish cameras !).

And that, in a nutshell, is why abduction is really so baffling (but also so compelling).

Not one traffic camera !
So it's "the bin lorry" or "something well planned" (or they just have rubbish cameras !).
I read that at Marham the would be abductors escaped using a route without CCTV. I don't think that is a coincidence.

Isn't an obvious possibility that the D notice covers intelligence that they may have possibly relating to the incident. That would fall squarely within national security.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I read that at Marham the would be abductors escaped using a route without CCTV. I don't think that is a coincidence.

Isn't an obvious possibility that the D notice covers intelligence that they may have possibly relating to the incident. That would fall squarely within national security.

Possibly.

Not one traffic camera !

I don't think they have rubbish cameras, ANPR is everywhere nowadays, they might have good cameras and have a suspect vehicle or there may not be a vehicle involved at all

I don't know the area around Marham but ime unless you're in or around a city there aren't CCTV cameras everywhere. Lack of CCTV footage isn't any kind of red flag for me unless any incicdent takes place in a well populated city area. Soemone above mentioned the Milly Dowler lack of footage, sheet dumb bad luck, there's no way Levi Bellfield knew he was in a camera deadspot imo

I am wondering if Corrie didleave the area by the bins when the camera was on it's sweep and made his way along Short Brackland and Cannon Street to Tesco's and from there taken by car to Barton Mills.

What are your thoughts on potential mass trespass on MOD land and its surrounding areas? Surely there's a perceived threat from surveilance etc? I was hinting on an Anglo/US subversion route (as far fetched as it may seem). Not sure if our implied theory is still regarded as a 'character defect' within the military anymore?

Don't forget about these "D Notices". The term "National Security" is banded around and is supposes to make you feel safe and secure.

Millions are spent in these departments each year. They employ thousands of people. The budget is staggering.

If they "came late" to the possibility of what may have happened here, they failed.
This "firm" is very much an "old boy network". So, one wonders what they have been doing with the money.

Short Brackland is a "bizarre" street to make an abduction in. One poster here, but five weeks later, was making his way past this place and he reports it is very quiet. The clubs and take-away's are not here. That may indeed make it an ideal place for an "abduction attempt", but how many times would "a squaddie not go for a p*ss behind the shops" ? And if someone did, how would you identify them as "RAF" ?

Don't forget about these "D Notices". The term "National Security" is banded around and is supposes to make you feel safe and secure.

Millions are spent in these departments each year. They employ thousands of people. The budget is staggering.

If they "came late" to the possibility of what may have happened here, they failed.
This "firm" is very much an "old boy network". So, one wonders what they have been doing with the money.

Short Brackland is a "bizarre" street to make an abduction in. One poster here, but five weeks later, was making his way past this place and he reports it is very quiet. The clubs and take-away's are not here. That may indeed make it an ideal place for an "abduction attempt", but how many times would "a squaddie not go for a p*ss behind the shops" ? And if someone did, how would you identify them as "RAF" ?
Taking that last point. Maybe it didn't matter if he was RAF or not. Maybe the odds were good enough that her might be but if not he would still be a hostage.

Taking that last point. Maybe it didn't matter if he was RAF or not. Maybe the odds were good enough that her might be but if not he would still be a hostage.

Could be. You'd probably get a USAF guy or an RAF guy knocking around that town....
...but Short Brackland is still a "random area".

In Germany, there were always "honey trap" warnings. And that was in a Garrison. In Northern Ireland, there were the obvious warnings...and no one strayed (although the MP's in plain clothes did rescue one guy from a girls house, before anything happened or could have happened...and they went in with guns drawn and boots flying).

This.... is just something very weird, IF it is that. And that's why I hesitate to think it is "that".

EDIT.... maybe its a generational thing. But thinking back, no one ever left anyone on their own. You'd get hammered...but even then, you'd still ask "how they are getting home". The thing is, you would still "check", even in a "half cut" way. If someone said, I'm walking, that wouldn't be "okay". Food and a taxi, yeah I see that. But that brings me back to "it;s such a random place for an abduction".

Could be. You'd probably get a USAF guy or an RAF guy knocking around that town....
...but Short Brackland is still a "random area".

In Germany, there were always "honey trap" warnings. And that was in a Garrison. In Northern Ireland, there were the obvious warnings...and no one strayed (although the MP's in plain clothes did rescue one guy from a girls house, before anything happened or could have happened...and they went in with guns drawn and boots flying).

This.... is just something very weird, IF it is that. And that's why I hesitate to think it is "that".

EDIT.... maybe its a generational thing. But thinking back, no one ever left anyone on their own. You'd get hammered...but even then, you'd still ask "how they are getting home". The thing is, you would still "check", even in a "half cut" way. If someone said, I'm walking, that wouldn't be "okay". Food and a taxi, yeah I see that. But that brings me back to "it;s such a random place for an abduction".
Northern Ireland is a brilliant analogy. We are at war, the enemy has fighters in this country and has called for action. Irrespective of this case the lessons of northern Ireland should be borne in mind .

Northern Ireland is a brilliant analogy. We are at war, the enemy has fighters in this country and has called for action. Irrespective of this case the lessons of northern Ireland should be borne in mind .

Counter Revolutionary Warfare is still the same, regardless of what decade. The PIRA had people operating on the mainland and performing operations. There is no difference.

As they (famously) put it "We only have to get lucky once, you have to be lucky all the time".

EDIT. They were "easier" to track, as predominantly they came from Northern Ireland or the Republic.
They were into "the spectacular" as is proven.
Whereas, the worry here is 1. Lone Wolf operations 2. kidnap and hold (the PIRA liked to get it over with as in the railway station shooting, which is about "similar").

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx