UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM
Once he was missing, his friends talked to no one except the police AFAIK. Remember the D notice?

And I have already said that his brother, in the police press conference, indicated he hadn't walked "all the way". Was that not true then?

His friends at Honington only talking to the police is military protocol, nothing to do with a D-notice - if there ever was one. IMO, doubt it.

His friends at Honington only talking to the police is military protocol, nothing to do with a D-notice - if there ever was one. IMO, doubt it.

The end result is the same though, which was the important point.

It was January before sniffer dogs were used in buildings in SB. With regard to F12. Nicola also spoke to two people who were in F12, who had access to it, and were not supposed to be there, while she was outside, one evening. They pleaded with her not to report them. I personally have supported SP while thinking there was a lot more going on behind the scenes. However I believe that Nicola has driven this investigation and social media has been a political force in ensuring SP continued with the level of investigation in terms of manpower and costs. JMO

http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/upda...being-used-to-look-for-corrie-in-town-centre/

That comment of N's was mixed up in with people sleeping rough behind the fences in the HS. I'm not sure if the people she met had been in Focus 12, IMO it sounded like they shouldn't have gone through the gates to sleep behind the shops.

That comment of N's was mixed up in with people sleeping rough behind the fences in the HS. I'm not sure if the people she met had been in Focus 12, IMO it sounded like they shouldn't have gone through the gates to sleep behind the shops.
Not the comments I read, they were in relation to access to the building. We discussed it here a lot on previous threads.

Link to Suzy ? Try scroll up. It is well publicised SP did not go looking for C mobile even when the 'triangulation data' pointed to him and/or his mobile being in waste site location, ruling out a bin weight was one thing, ruling out further evidence and leads that may well be on C mobile was quite another.

5 months later back at square one at the main evidence lead SP dismissed as irrelevant based on poor investigation of the of bin weight. You cant make unprofessionalism of that stature just disappear, facts are facts and the iPCC will see that. The mobile after the (incorrect) bin weight was imperative for further possible leads, triangulation and recovered phone data is never under the influence - esp at 1-5am in the morning, the room for error in statements is high, the room for error in phone data is not.
That's strange that because I distinctly remember them searching and closing a major trunk road near Barton Mills and putting up a police incident room (pod) based on the mobile phone. They then pulled the pod back to BSE based on family requests IIRC.

These were cadaver dogs. Aye said dogs weren't sent in for two months but didn't specify what dogs so I asked for a specific link. Thanks for your cadaver dog link but Aye's statement is incorrect as it stands.

OK, found a link for earlier appearance of the sniffer dogs, this was in October

http://www.eadt.co.uk/home/please_c..._for_her_missing_uncle_to_come_home_1_4735244

"An expert sniffer dog search team searched along the A134 this week, but was unable to find any trace."

This is the approx 2 week search I was thinking of Shire

That's strange that because I distinctly remember them searching and closing a major trunk road near Barton Mills and putting up a police incident room (pod) based on the mobile phone. They then pulled the pod back to BSE based on family requests IIRC.

Is this the one you're thinking of, from SP update 15/11/16

"Suffolk Police will be closing one lane of the A14 at 10am tomorrow morning (Tuesday 15 November) east of Bury St Edmunds, as the search for missing RAF serviceman Corrie McKeague continues."

Hi, French, I didn't say there was a D notice. I said remember the D notice. (We were led to believe by TW there was a D notice in place ). It's similar to saying 'dogs didn't search till January'.

iirc the way N worded it in the Q & A she did mean people who'd been in Focus 12, it may be in the transcipt of the Q & A that a very helpful poster did, I can't remember the name though

A DA-notice only affects the media for national security purposes and is not legally binding. But there was no DA-notice so thats fine lol :D

My source is QA Nicola December 2016, transcript Websleuths.

'There was apparently nobody staying that weekend that Corrie went missing, however i was standing outside on another week when two men walked out and I asked them and they said “Don't say anything as we’re not supposed to be here”. So the police have been told nobody was there, but I know people stay when they’re not supposed to. But there is only so much the police can do if people aren't being honest with them.' End quote.

My source is QA Nicola December 2016, transcript Websleuths.

'There was apparently nobody staying that weekend that Corrie went missing, however i was standing outside on another week when two men walked out and I asked them and they said “Don't say anything as we’re not supposed to be here”. So the police have been told nobody was there, but I know people stay when they’re not supposed to. But there is only so much the police can do if people aren't being honest with them.' End quote.

Thanks, that's exactly the bit I was referring to

Is this the one you're thinking of, from SP update 15/11/16

"Suffolk Police will be closing one lane of the A14 at 10am tomorrow morning (Tuesday 15 November) east of Bury St Edmunds, as the search for missing RAF serviceman Corrie McKeague continues."
No. The BM closure of the All where they specifically searched the southbound carriage way (towards Red Lodge) based on the phone movements. The one you mention could be also based on the phone. The A1101 from BSE to BM was searched also, based on the phone, too as the phone was pretty much the only evidence for those Mildenhall area searches early on.

This may answer some of the questions asked by newcomers and just generally refresh memory. Eg Nicola states 4 minutes bin lorry was there and the process they thought was happening with regard to the waste.

Please find below, a transcript of the Live Q & A with Nicola Urquhart, Corrie's mother. I am currently transcribing part two and will post this in a few hours.
Just so people can use as a reference. I asked admin permission first as I was't sure if I was allowed to post this. Hope it helps. x

FACEBOOK LIVE Q & A - SESSION ONE 28/12/2016

On the subject of Corrie leaving the horseshoe - He cannot leave the horseshoe on foot without being seen on the CCTV.

*User asks if the slurry pits at the sugar beet factory have been searched*

The slurry pits at Sugar Beet factory are fenced all the way around, police decided he shouldn't have been able to get in without CCTV or security guards catching him so they've allowed security to monitor it on their own. With slurry pits they know its dangerous and they have full assistance of the security monitoring as if Corrie has come in it means he would rise to top if he was in one of slurry pits.

*User asks if any mutual aid from other forces?*

MIT team part of Norfolk and Suffolk are involved but we don't know if they've asked for more assistance. Thats’ something for police to answer, i’ll gather questions for them and send an open letter soon.

*User asks do we have any positive leads?*

Not easy to answer, as we know Corrie has gone into the horseshoe area at 3.25 and has not been seen leaving on foot, only 4 vehicles go in between 3am and 6am - one is the BIFFA bin lorry at 4.20 and it takes 4 minutes to pick up the one bin from Greggs, which is predominantly cardboard and packaging, the way they charge the businesses is they weigh rubbish that they take so it was weighed in the bin before going into the back of lorry and it was about 11 kg. It was calibrated and there was seen to be a margin of error of a few grams. The police looked back at the previous 7 months history for that specific bin and it was always between 10 and 15 kg. Corrie probably weighs between 85 and 90 kg so there’s no way he was physically in the bin. Could there be other options? Yes but as far as him falling asleep or climbing in by mistake we appear to be able to rule that out.

The bin lorry has then left Bury St Edmunds and it has driven direct to barton mills roundabout then Waitrose (supermarket) in Mildenhall and picked up a bin there. The bin man can be seen doing his job as normal on CCTV there. He picks up rubbish and carries on with the rest of his shift. Now I’ve explained what’s happened with lorry but police also had a collision investigator to check the outside and under the vehicle to see if there are any signs of an accident and they had investigators check in the rear of the bin wagon and in the cab for any signs he had been there. That was a few weeks after Corrie went missing but still no trace of him in that vehicle and no trace at the scene by CSI that he'd been run over by the lorry or something happened there.

There is a reversing camera on the lorry but it doesn’t record. The driver has been spoken to on a number of occasions. He arrived at 4.20am and thought he saw Corrie in the horseshoe but through investigation by the police, this male is seen on CCTV there but it isn't Corrie. He has now been identified as people saw him on the footage in the pod and I have too, it was a man standing using his phone so it’s not the case that the bin man saw Corrie.

*User asks is it possible he jumped into the rear without being seen by the bin man*

Yes, it would be possible but CCTV sees the vehicle leave and has smooth sides so he couldn't hold on to it and he cant be seen on or under it as it leaves the horseshoe - given all of that though his phone left barton mills at 4.25am in the same direction as the bin lorry and has last been triangulated at the micro mass at Barton Mills. This doesn’t mean it was at Barton Mills, it means it was between 3-5km near the mass and there are other roads that you could be on and phone would still triangulate at that Barton Mills mass although common sense says that if he's been in that area and the bin lorry has too, and both left and triangulated within 1 min an half of the bin lorry being there its most likely that the phone has been in the bin lorry. We asked police to make enquires as to if the phone would work in the back of bin lorry as it may act as a faraday cage and we’re waiting for results. The results won’t be scientific but will give us reassurance that he hasn't been in the lorry with his phone.

It appears his phone has probably gone with the bin lorry and ended up at the tip but we couldn't be sure that he hasn't climbed in the back so we looked at the process the bin goes through at the local tip.

So, the bin lorry goes through a few different process. First, it dumps off everything from the back and it’s then sorted into 2 piles. One for incineration and rest is to landfill or recycling. It’s then sorted and put into other piles. BIFFA and the police believe Corrie’s mobile could go through this process and not be seen, but a body is too large to go through without being seen going to landfill. Incineration is a different matter. The process is that the burners are 1100 degrees celsius because they try to protect the metals that go through. Bone cant be burnt at that temperature, it has to be 1600 degrees average so if Corrie ended up there the process is that anything left goes to a conveyer belt which is operated and sorted by hand so metals can be taken, I understand on paper it’s easy to explain that’s how it works and it shouldn't be case that he would go unnoticed, however we will be looking for more reassurance of how it physically happens. As a family we are not happy that the tip wasn't searched.

I believe there are ways of getting information from his social media accounts and phone but without getting his phone physically, things like whatsapp you can’t see. Police can get numbers and times but they cant access the messages themselves. There could simply be a request to meet at this time etc and we need this to get more hope this is a mistake that’s been made, but it’s private land so we won’t ever be able to search with out permission, we haven’t stopped trying to get this to happen though

*User asks could the phone have been taken by the bin man?*

I don't like to say this as he is utterly innocent and I don't want him to feel this is an attack on him but it is a question we have asked police. We’ve asked them to put a phone in the cab to see if still can get a signal.

*User asks have the flats been searched in horseshoe area?*

In the horseshoe a lot of properties look like flats but are not, apart from one. All others are business premises e.g Greggs, Eye Candy, Super Drug etc and nobody lives above. The only way to gain access to above these shops is at the front of the shops, except for one building which is accessed through a large white gate and this place is called Focus 12, a drug rehab accommodation for people to stay whilst in rehab. This centre has been searched forensically on a number of occasions and they have complied with all requests. There was apparently nobody staying that weekend that Corrie went missing, however i was standing outside on another week when two men walked out and I asked them and they said “Don't say anything as we’re not supposed to be here”. So the police have been told nobody was there, but I know people stay when they’re not supposed to. But there is only so much the police can do if people aren't being honest with them.

A large problem I have had from the start is although the horseshoe has been forensically searched and helicopters and cadaver dogs have searched back to front and top to bottom and been in every single room in horseshoe, there’s no sign, however they haven't done the same on the other side of the road. As easy as he can get into a property in the horseshoe, he could have got into property on the other side of the road.

*End Session*

No. The BM closure of the All where they specifically searched the southbound carriage way (towards Red Lodge) based on the phone movements. The one you mention could be also based on the phone. The A1101 from BSE to BM was searched also, based on the phone, too as the phone was pretty much the only evidence for those Mildenhall area searches early on.

Is southbound in the direction of Newmarket per this link?

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/search_...ckeague_close_a11_near_barton_mills_1_4725676

I believe that is correct. It does show from early on SP believed his phone traveled toward Red Lodge and presumably had confirmation the bin lorry went to there or onto the landfill in that same direction. So with all this other evidence why did they pin everything on one single piece of information (the bin weight)?

Also I said before there is another phone mast under 2 miles down the A11 just outside Red Lodge so the phone could or should have been pinging off that too?

Thanks for posting the transcript, Northern.
Also a reminder for all there is a media thread and Fb Q & A threads at the beginning of this thread.

Thanks for posting the transcript, Northern.
Also a reminder for all there is a media thread and Fb Q & A threads at the beginning of this thread.
I was trying to tidy it up, make it smaller but keep crashing today and difficulty posting. Good shout, the Media Thread and QAs are excellent resources. Thanks.
edit - managed to decrease the spacing, tidy up of copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne