UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it does. It appeared to me that in order for the driver to think the man was heading towards Newmarket, he must have crossed over to the Esso station by the roundabout and therefore the driver would have got a good view of him, given all the light around there. The driver said that the man ran across in front of him and then stopped on the central reservation before crossing to the Esso station. I doubt there would be so much light around the other Esso given that there is a bend and it is further away from the roundabout and if the man crossed from the southbound carraigeway to the northbound Esso, you wouldn't have the impression of him intending to go to Newmarket.

My logic for this, and this is also where it gets a bit interesting, is that if the man came up from BSE, maybe his driver could not let him out immediately at the roundabout near to the Esso on the southbound side, so perhaps went across in the direction of Mildenhall where there is a space to pull in and let him out. There is also a well trodden path through the grass verge there leading onto the Northbound carriageway and as there is a bend that would obscure oncoming traffic, he would need to walk to the edge of the layby there in order be able to see anything coming. This would put him directly across from Esso, but on it's southern side.

What I find interesting is that C was offered a lift earlier on, but apparently declined the offer as it was going in the wrong direction, to Mildenhall. This scenario of the man being dropped off in the pull in bit, just off the roundabout, would mean that driver was going to Mildenhall. Did C change his mind and was the person's vehicle already parked in SB?

As for the phone, going with the information originally given by SP of the timings (the ones on the timeline/map at the beginning of this thread have been altered to fit the bin lorry's altered times), this would fit absolutely spot on with it being in BM at 4.30am. It could have dropped out of a pocket when he put his foot up on the central reservation or ended up on the carriageway, been run over and eventually broken in pieces and scattered or even ended up in the River Lark which is close by. SP didn't search this area until two weeks later.

The above, regarding the phone, also adds to the doubt of the bin lorry and landfill, simply because, at that time, SP thought he had walked home and they would not have searched that area so quickly if the sighting had not coincided with their timing of the phone being there at 4.30am.

I hope that all makes sense.

ETA: JMO
It does make sense. If he declined the Mildenhall lift it could just have been too early for him as he had only been out a couple of hours at that stage of the night or he already had a lift arranged. Why would that guy even think C wanted to go to Mildenhall anyway and offer a lift? I think his kip in the doorway wasn't planned. When he woke he had some plans IMO and it was not to go and kip again.

You're right that a lot of searches were done early on in that area. NU also did some SULSAR searches near there too none of which were on a walking route from BSE to Honington so they must have reasons for all of those searches. They also found part of a phone but I can't recall if it was confirmed as NOT belonging to C.

Yes I saw that but it doesn't mean much unless we know how much a cell holds in terms of weeks or months rubbish. E.g. it could have BSE rubbish from all of September and October in it for all we know.

If they're only halfway through, why is the search only scheduled to continue for two more weeks? It doesn't make any sense.

I gave a possible explanation in my earlier post and have included it above.

I'd be interested to know what the hard evidence of CM being in the landfill is. I'd guess it is very detailed phone pings that the public haven't been made aware of. Can't think of anything else that would be so convincing to MM.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
There are some detailed phone times on Pp's case map at the beginning of each thread. Also the bin weight as has been said. What I don't understand is that forensics on the bin and the lorry ruled out that he was in either of them. So unless the phone movements and bin weight are considered hard evidence perhaps there is something else we don't know.
E.g. perhaps the bin man had a phone and his pings and movements exactly match C's?
MOO

There are some detailed phone times on Pp's case map at the beginning of each thread. Also the bin weight as has been said. What I don't understand is that forensics on the bin and the lorry ruled out that he was in either of them. So unless the phone movements and bin weight are considered hard evidence perhaps there is something else we don't know.
E.g. perhaps the bin man had a phone and his pings and movements exactly match C's?
MOO
Forensics doesn't work like that. Not finding a trace does not confirm he was not in the bin.

Forensics doesn't work like that. Not finding a trace does not confirm he was not in the bin.

Point taken. Much like not seeing him leave H/s or SB does not confirm he didn't. They also found no trace of him in the H/s ( except the cctv ). So my point is perhaps after arresting and cautioning the two Biffa employees they got some phone details that matched C's . JMOO.

I gave a possible explanation in my earlier post and have included it above.

But all along we have been told that they have been searching the entire cell, then that they had completed searching the entire cell, and then were searching the perimeters and the area under the entrance that had been made. Seems like a contradiction to me.

But all along we have been told that they have been searching the entire cell, then that they had completed searching the entire cell, and then were searching the perimeters and the area under the entrance that had been made. Seems like a contradiction to me.
Have you got a link that states they are searching the entire cell? I only remember that they had identified the cell in which that days rubbish would be but could have misinterpreted.

If they are all, as in SP and MM, totally convinced that he voluntarily went in the bin and he is therefore at the LF, why are SP bothering to look more closely into his lifestyle. What difference would it make?

MOO
The phone times you mention have been altered to fit with the BL are not the original times as given by SP.

Have you got a link that states they are searching the entire cell? I only remember that they had identified the cell in which that days rubbish would be but could have misinterpreted.

From Suffolk Police's statement on 9 May 2017:

"Officers have now cleared well over 3,100 tonnes of waste on the site and have completed work on searching the cell that was originally identified. However, towards the edges of the area it has also been noticed that the waste may have naturally shifted from the place where it was originally deposited and the search has been extended into these areas which may still hold the answer to Corrie’s disappearance."

https://www.suffolk.police.uk/news/missing-persons/corrie-mckeague

MOO

BBM - I note that the final ping - or switch off/battery expiry/destruction of phone - isn't included in Pp's case map.
It was last noted at 8 a.m. ? Is that correct ? TIA

Very true. "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" as they say.

The phone times you mention have been altered to fit with the BL are not the original times as given by SP.
Why do you think that? Can you give some examples or a link why you think the case map phone icons show the bin lorry times? Perhaps Purplepixie or mods can explain where the times came from and/or give the link. Are you saying you think the case map is wrong?

BBM - I note that the final ping - or switch off/battery expiry/destruction of phone - isn't included in Pp's case map.
It was last noted at 8 a.m. ? Is that correct ? TIA
I didn't make the case map but 08.00 a.m. has always been the time given by LE as being the " last goodbye" or battery dying relating to the phone. Is that correct? Yes, if you believe LE.

From Suffolk Police's statement on 9 May 2017:

"Officers have now cleared well over 3,100 tonnes of waste on the site and have completed work on searching the cell that was originally identified. However, towards the edges of the area it has also been noticed that the waste may have naturally shifted from the place where it was originally deposited and the search has been extended into these areas which may still hold the answer to Corrie’s disappearance."

https://www.suffolk.police.uk/news/missing-persons/corrie-mckeague
This says they've completed work searching the cell not that they searched the entire cell. Perhaps the half not searched according to the Sun was much earlier or later in use than the 24th .

If they are all, as in SP and MM, totally convinced that he voluntarily went in the bin and he is therefore at the LF, why are SP bothering to look more closely into his lifestyle. What difference would it make?
Search me. Nothing much makes sense in this case TBH IMO. Why Milton when the phone died at BM?

Out of interest (I never thought I'd be interested in Waste Management/Landfill !!) I've been trying to search how large these landfill 'cells' are. Can't find anything of detailed size or use but came across this so thought I'd put it here as the underlined could be relevant t- just in case anyone is interested or has comments.

http://www.fccenvironment.co.uk/milton.html

FCC Environment (Waste Recycling Group as they were previously known) took over ownership of the site and land filling activities in 2004.

Operations
The waste that is delivered to Milton landfill site comprises of; transfer station waste, household waste, industrial and commercial and soils. The inputs to the site are predominately from transfer station which is delivered by road.
The site accepts approximately 96,000 tonnes of waste per year
Operational hours are 07.00-16.30 Monday to Friday
Front line machinery includes a 55 tonne compactor, 963 tracked loading shovel, a 360 excavator and a 20 tonne dumper, and a tractor with various attachments.
The site employs 5 members of staff

I am going to include this link: https://www.cambridge.gov.uk/sites/default/files/documents/SustainComSPD_WEB.pdf.

Page 24 might be of interest ?? It's 10 years old now, town planning I think.

Still, it says = Each cell contains 200,000 tonnes of rubbish and will be filled up within a year with Cambridge waste.

As Cambridge Milton seems to be taking waste from other counties as well now I expect these numbers have increased somewhat?

Is it possible SP are searching nearly a year's waste in this cell? I cannot understand how one month's waste has been so conveniently or easily separated ? What an horrendous undertaking for these guys working there, much respect for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop