UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the driver would have been doing 70 mph so close to a roundabout. Probably been misreported by the tabloid, as details often are.

I don't think the driver would have been doing 70 mph so close to a roundabout. Probably been misreported by the tabloid, as details often are.

Very possibly. Also it's possible that the figure the driver saw was caught in the vehicle's headlights in which case the driver could well have got an accurate description of him, especially his clothing. There's also street lighting on the roundabout, though if the lighting is sodium (and therefore orange) the colours of the figure's clothing would have been more difficult to gauge.

By saying the road-crosser seemed to be headed toward Newmarket, that seems to mean that he was on the BM to BSE side of the road and crossing over to the BSE to BM side of the road? This would be the wrong way around for Corrie if he'd hitched a lift and got out prior to the Fiveways roundabout. Having said that I haven't checked the location of the Esso on a map to see which side that is on.

I find the sighting to be suspicious. It's too perfect. 70 mph, refer to the twilight times in Melmoth's post and approx 4-4.30 am, and the driver can not only see a pink shirt (which he may be fitting in after-the-fact) but also the brown boots. So he's definitely filling in memories after-the-fact in that he wouldn't have been able to make out these specific colours at the time and speed. If it's near the roundabout then the driver must be slowing from 70mph (I'm a non-driver but you can't approach a roundabout at that speed). At any speed seeing someone running across the road will stand out at that time of night/early morning, and I presume at close to 70mph there'd be a part of the brain wondering if you need to hit the brakes to avoid this person, because they've stopped on the central reservation and you don't know exactly when they're going to cross? Or was driver going from BM to BSE and on that side of the road...which makes less sense to my brain as there doesn't feel like enough time to see the person cross and also stop at the barrier and then cross the other side....did the driver say he saw the person cross both sides or only one?

I can see someone sticking their foot on the barrier in the central reservation, but I can't see Corrie adjusting his jeans at the boots end at that point. It gives me an image of someone posing for the driver to explain how he could see so much detail in the dark. Sure, maybe someone did put their foot on the barrier to hop over the barrier. But I find it hard to believe colours were visible more than 'pale-ish shirt and trousers and dark boots', so I'm with Ironside on this one and calling it doubtful. Of course it should still be considered, but without any corroborative evidence it doesn't sound very strong to me.

The Brandon keys weren't Corrie's keys. It was months later, the keys looked like they were dropped in the past few hours, not months. It was a residential street with hundreds of garages and parking spaces, ergo the keys were from a car that was recently parked down that road. JMO.

The Esso garage would be a good place to get a drink, snack, or hitch a lift. But Corrie would also have to avoid being caught on CCTV and avoid every single person around the garage, with the possible exception of one who does give him a lift but doesn't come forward.

I don't think we have enough detail on the phone pings to map them out. We've now got newspapers telling us the pings went to Milton....but initially we were told that the pings stopped within a mile or so of the BM roundabout, and the times we have are all over the place and don't converge over time to anything solid, they just continue to be all over the place. If anything they are converging on the bin lorry times and not away from the bin lorry.
There are some ping times marked on purple pixies map at the beginning of thread. Also commercial cctv is often taped over after 72 hours unless something like a robbery has happened. I doubt the garage still had its Friday/Saturday cctv tapes 4 days later. 70 mph is normal dual carriageway speed. We don't know how close the driver was to a junction. Also, I would imagine the area is well lit at night for safety regarding the Esso garage so it wouldn't be dark IMO.

The delivery driver is on the A11 when a man runs across the road in front of him to go to an Esso station on the other side where he then disappears.
There are two Esso stations, one each side of the A11 at BM. One is by the Fiveways Roundabout on the side of the dual carriageway that goes to Newmarket and London. The other is on the other side of the A11 dual carriageway going to Thetford, Brandon etc and approaching the Fiveways Roundabout.
So, the delivery driver is doing 70mph in a 50mph limit (Streetview clearly shows the signs), whichever way he was going and he has either just come off the roundabout or he is approaching it.
The speed doesn't seem to match up with the other info and if he thought the man was heading for Newmarket, then the driver had to be approaching the roundabout and would be going much slower.

attachment.php

Attachments

• SateliteBartonMills.jpg
    SateliteBartonMills.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 479
Driving to work the other day, I got caught behind a bin lorry and I cried watching the gunmen do their job. Although, to be honest I am tending to lean not LF. There are more twists. and turns than a country road in this one. Think we all know that the LF search cannot continue for much longer. Hope he's not found there.

The delivery driver is on the A11 when a man runs across the road in front of him to go to an Esso station on the other side where he then disappears.
There are two Esso stations, one each side of the A11 at BM. One is by the Fiveways Roundabout on the side of the dual carriageway that goes to Newmarket and London. The other is on the other side of the A11 dual carriageway going to Thetford, Brandon etc and approaching the Fiveways Roundabout.
So, the delivery driver is doing 70mph in a 50mph limit (Streetview clearly shows the signs), whichever way he was going and he has either just come off the roundabout or he is approaching it.
The speed doesn't seem to match up with the other info and if he thought the man was heading for Newmarket, then the driver had to be approaching the roundabout and would be going much slower.

If he was approaching the roundabout at that time of the morning there wouldn't. Be much traffic and the run up to the roundabout would surely be lit by streetlights so maybe he was a fair way back just about ready to slow down and someone run out in front of him but not directly in front more in the lit up area approaching the roundabout in which case he would have time to see the person and what they did and where they headed and the colour of he clothes whilst slowing to approach the roundabout? Is it lit up? Any local knowledge here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes Barton mills roundabout is very lit up, it's a main junction, over wise known as five ways roundabout as it has five roads coming of the roundabout , I would say that you would be able to see a persons clothing quit well,

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 42

So the closest match would be road-crossing dude crossing the south-most part of the A11, from approximately the bus stop on the northbound carriageway over to the Esso station on the southbound carriageway, which would give the driver the impression of someone wanting to go southbound on the Newmarket road.

The driver could have been just coming off the roundabout to go southbound towards Newmarket, or slowing down on the northbound ready for the roundabout, because his sight of the road-crosser wouldn't start until approximately the Esso on the northbound carriageway, when the driver's speed should be relatively slow and plenty of lighting around the roundabout and the two petrol stations.

Does that sound right?

'A force spokesman said: “Police have the report, the time given was prior to Corrie’s phone leaving Bury St Edmunds. There was nothing to link this to Corrie.” '

Surely they wouldn't rule it out purely because of the phone? There must be more to it if they searched that area.

Yeah, I would like to think that they might go on the assumption that his phone wasn't with him at the time. Too much focus on the phone when its possible it wasn't on him.

<modsnip>

On topic, regarding the "recent sighting", don't forget that all his activity "ceased" to exist, from what we possibly know, before or around 4.30am. His digital existence, like any of ours, could not just come to a complete stop so quickly if we are still doing things. Bank card use, phone use, everything. It all stopped. Everyone thinks of a phone as the detectable item that can "travel" but don't forget the more primitive wallet. Something Corrie seems to have a firm hand on in the original CCTV footage. None of us could erase ourselves from digital and relative existence after a pissed up night in Bury St Edmonds.

So the closest match would be road-crossing dude crossing the south-most part of the A11, from approximately the bus stop on the northbound carriageway over to the Esso station on the southbound carriageway, which would give the driver the impression of someone wanting to go southbound on the Newmarket road.

The driver could have been just coming off the roundabout to go southbound towards Newmarket, or slowing down on the northbound ready for the roundabout, because his sight of the road-crosser wouldn't start until approximately the Esso on the northbound carriageway, when the driver's speed should be relatively slow and plenty of lighting around the roundabout and the two petrol stations.

Does that sound right?
Yes it does. It appeared to me that in order for the driver to think the man was heading towards Newmarket, he must have crossed over to the Esso station by the roundabout and therefore the driver would have got a good view of him, given all the light around there. The driver said that the man ran across in front of him and then stopped on the central reservation before crossing to the Esso station. I doubt there would be so much light around the other Esso given that there is a bend and it is further away from the roundabout and if the man crossed from the southbound carraigeway to the northbound Esso, you wouldn't have the impression of him intending to go to Newmarket.

My logic for this, and this is also where it gets a bit interesting, is that if the man came up from BSE, maybe his driver could not let him out immediately at the roundabout near to the Esso on the southbound side, so perhaps went across in the direction of Mildenhall where there is a space to pull in and let him out. There is also a well trodden path through the grass verge there leading onto the Northbound carriageway and as there is a bend that would obscure oncoming traffic, he would need to walk to the edge of the layby there in order be able to see anything coming. This would put him directly across from Esso, but on it's southern side.

What I find interesting is that C was offered a lift earlier on, but apparently declined the offer as it was going in the wrong direction, to Mildenhall. This scenario of the man being dropped off in the pull in bit, just off the roundabout, would mean that driver was going to Mildenhall. Did C change his mind and was the person's vehicle already parked in SB?

As for the phone, going with the information originally given by SP of the timings (the ones on the timeline/map at the beginning of this thread have been altered to fit the bin lorry's altered times), this would fit absolutely spot on with it being in BM at 4.30am. It could have dropped out of a pocket when he put his foot up on the central reservation or ended up on the carriageway, been run over and eventually broken in pieces and scattered or even ended up in the River Lark which is close by. SP didn't search this area until two weeks later.

The above, regarding the phone, also adds to the doubt of the bin lorry and landfill, simply because, at that time, SP thought he had walked home and they would not have searched that area so quickly if the sighting had not coincided with their timing of the phone being there at 4.30am.

I hope that all makes sense.

ETA: JMO

I'd be interested to know what the hard evidence of CM being in the landfill is. I'd guess it is very detailed phone pings that the public haven't been made aware of. Can't think of anything else that would be so convincing to MM.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

I'd be interested to know what the hard evidence of CM being in the landfill is. I'd guess it is very detailed phone pings that the public haven't been made aware of. Can't think of anything else that would be so convincing to MM.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

There must be some convincing evidence to send the police on such a detailed search of that horrendous place.
I just think that detailed phone pings may only show the phone is in landfill. Has to be more than that surely ?

There must be some convincing evidence to send the police on such a detailed search of that horrendous place.
I just think that detailed phone pings may only show the phone is in landfill. Has to be more than that surely ?
Would the 'hard evidence' perhaps be the bin lorry weight as they seemed to rely on that from the start of the LF search when it rather conveniently got changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop