UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible SP are searching nearly a year's waste in this cell? I cannot understand how one month's waste has been so conveniently or easily separated ? What an horrendous undertaking for these guys working there, much respect for them.

I think someone said that use of the cell was stopped soon after C went missing, whether this was requested by SP or they had filled the cell I'm not sure. If the latter is the case then I would presume Sept/Oct waste would be fairly close to the top, so no need to dig further down maybe.

I think someone said that use of the cell was stopped soon after C went missing, whether this was requested by SP or they had filled the cell I'm not sure. If the latter is the case then I would presume Sept/Oct waste would be fairly close to the top, so no need to dig further down maybe.

Yes, they were asked to suspend use of the cell about three weeks after C vanished.
It's impossible to know much it contains without knowing when the cell was opened for use.

Yes, they were asked to suspend use of the cell about three weeks after C vanished.
It's impossible to know much it contains without knowing when the cell was opened for use.

My point exactly Cherwell. I'd wrongly imagined a hole filled every few months then covered but more realistically a vast area in all of which SP are searching a small section. Obviously why they stated they had reached documents etc. from the relevant time and area. Needle in a haystack comes to mind. Everything crossed for a result.

I think the rubbish could shift a lot, like the way balls go everywhere and anywhere In a ball pit that you get at a children's activity centre.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Why do you think that? Can you give some examples or a link why you think the case map phone icons show the bin lorry times? Perhaps Purplepixie or mods can explain where the times came from and/or give the link. Are you saying you think the case map is wrong?
Apart from me having noted down the timings way back (which I posted on here a couple of days ago), there is a report in the EADT which states: "3.24am to around 4.30am:[FONT=&amp] Police were able to trace Corrie’s mobile phone from Bury to the Barton Mills area, near Mildenhall, at a speed indicating it was in a vehicle"
[/FONT]
Link here: http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/corrie-m...n-bury-st-edmunds-in-september-2016-1-4728748

ETA: in the same report they say: "Sunday October 2:[FONT=&quot] Police say Corrie may have been in the Mildenhall area between 4am and 8.30am on Saturday September 24"[/FONT]

Police deny van driver’s ‘sighting’ of missing Corrie was ignored

30 May 2017

Police have denied reports that they ‘ignored’ a van driver’s claimed sighting of missing airman Corrie McKeague crossing the A11.

Suffolk Police have been backed up by Corrie’s dad Martin McKeague who says it and other claimed sightings were investigated early in the search for the missing RAF Regiment airman.

Delivery driver Roy Hawes told the Mirror at the weekend that he had seen Corrie, wearing the distnctive pink shirt he was last seen in, crossing the A11 at Barton Mills about an hour after he was last seen in Bury St Edmunds on September 24.

He said: “He stood out because it was 4.30am, very cold and he was in shirt sleeves.”

The Mirror said his report was ‘not followed up’.

But Suffolk Police said today that they had located Mr Hawes report, which was not made until November.

A spokeswoman said: “No description of the person could be given, and it was said to have been around 4am but the caller could not be specific about the day. The time given was prior to Corrie’s phone leaving Bury St Edmunds and there was nothing to link this to Corrie.

“As part of early enquiries, police carried out searches in the Barton Mills area to see if Corrie could be located, and carried out extensive CCTV viewing, which showed no positive sightings of Corrie leaving the area on foot.

Our investigation continues and currently remains focused on the search at Milton landfill site after the weight of a refuse bin taken from Bury St Edmunds was found to be significantly higher than first thought.”

[...]

Martin McKeague backed-up the police claim on social media saying “We were made aware of this sighting way back when it was first reported. What I can tell you is that this sighting, and the many others like it, most certainly was looked into by the police.”

Is this of any help? "[FONT=&amp]The huge landfill site is divided into a number of cells – pits in the ground – where rubbish is dumped.[/FONT][FONT=&amp]There are 920 square metres of waste in the cell identified by police." Found here: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/what-know-far-police-search-9985518[/FONT]

Apart from me having noted down the timings way back (which I posted on here a couple of days ago), there is a report in the EADT which states: "3.24am to around 4.30am:[FONT=&amp] Police were able to trace Corrie’s mobile phone from Bury to the Barton Mills area, near Mildenhall, at a speed indicating it was in a vehicle"
[/FONT]
Link here: http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/corrie-m...n-bury-st-edmunds-in-september-2016-1-4728748

ETA: in the same report they say: "Sunday October 2:[FONT=&quot] Police say Corrie may have been in the Mildenhall area between 4am and 8.30am on Saturday September 24"[/FONT]
Thanks Reallyodd. I remember those early reports particularly because of the Mildenhall reference However they do say "may have" and "about". More specific details about the phone were provided later which I believe the case map was based on. Eg. Leaving BSE mast within 1.5 minutes of bin lorry and taking 28 minutes before hitting the BM mast etc. Of course we don't know whether C even had his phone with him or not by then either. I have stated before maybe the 3 arguing teens tossed it in bin lorry? JMHO.

Thanks GT, that's a new one. Some links of MSM around that time have been posted here that show the police searching that area, but perhaps the man hadn't seen those reports.
That's weird. So those early searches weren't done based on this man's sighting because he didn't report it till November. So they definitely would no longer have had the cctv at the Esso garage by then. The searches must have been based only on the phone, unless there is other info we are not aware of.

Don't forget that the delivery driver said his wife also rang the police about his sighting. Could the later, less detailed call have been her call, chasing them up?

Thanks Reallyodd. I remember those early reports particularly because of the Mildenhall reference However they do say "may have" and "about". More specific details about the phone were provided later which I believe the case map was based on. Eg. Leaving BSE mast within 1.5 minutes of bin lorry and taking 28 minutes before hitting the BM mast etc. Of course we don't know whether C even had his phone with him or not by then either. I have stated before maybe the 3 arguing teens tossed it in bin lorry? JMHO.
From the FC website, still unchanged: "3.24am to around 4.30am: Police were able to trace Corrie’s mobile phone from Bury to the Barton Mills area, near Mildenhall, at a speed only a vehicle could travel at. His phone was not used after this and it has not been found."

From the FC website, still unchanged: "3.24am to around 4.30am: Police were able to trace Corrie’s mobile phone from Bury to the Barton Mills area, near Mildenhall, at a speed only a vehicle could travel at. His phone was not used after this and it has not been found."
Yep I know. Around 4.30 a.m. It is different to the later data but that doesn't mean the later data put in the case map is wrong does it?

Don't forget that the delivery driver said his wife also rang the police about his sighting. Could the later, less detailed call have been her call, chasing them up?
The article GT posted states Mr. Hawes rang in November. Perhaps the wife rang earlier and police missed it. Or they said get your husband to call and he didn't call till November. Even so, I am surprised that the sightings seem to have been discounted on all occasions.

Yep I know. Around 4.30 a.m. It is different to the later data but that doesn't mean the later data put in the case map is wrong does it?
I've looked back through this forum and I think I now know what happened. Midsummer had a timeline. The timing of the phone was changed on it due to a transcription of N's live Q&A in which it was said the phone left BSE (N actually said it left BM) at 4.25am and that was the same time the bin lorry left. I think purple's map has been based on Midsummer's timeline, hence why they both say the same. I could be wrong though. Either way, it appears that this is the point the time was changed on the timeline. AFAIK, apart from LE saying that the phone left the BSE mast at 4.19am, they have not changed the previous times given. But like everything else with this case, we can't be sure of anything as there have been so many changes to so many aspects of it.

I don't know how to link directly to a post on a previous thread but this is where I found the above info:
Post no. 5 the Q&A Transcription: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eague-23-Bury-St-Edmunds-24-September-2016-13

Post no. 13 New timeline: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eague-23-Bury-St-Edmunds-24-September-2016-13 Also note that Midsummer says of the times 'if the 0430 quote is extrapolated'

I've looked back through this forum and I think I now know what happened. Midsummer had a timeline. The timing of the phone was changed on it due to a transcription of N's live Q&A in which it was said the phone left BSE (N actually said it left BM) at 4.25am and that was the same time the bin lorry left. I think purple's map has been based on Midsummer's timeline, hence why they both say the same. I could be wrong though. Either way, it appears that this is the point the time was changed on the timeline. AFAIK, apart from LE saying that the phone left the BSE mast at 4.19am, they have not changed the previous times given. But like everything else with this case, we can't be sure of anything as there have been so many changes to so many aspects of it.

I don't know how to link directly to a post on a previous thread but this is where I found the above info:
Post no. 5 the Q&A Transcription: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eague-23-Bury-St-Edmunds-24-September-2016-13

Post no. 13 New timeline: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eague-23-Bury-St-Edmunds-24-September-2016-13 Also note that Midsummer says of the times 'if the 0430 quote is extrapolated'

Yep and I debated over the interpretations with Midsummer ad infinitum so I know where you're coming from. The problem (I think) is the times have only been specifically mentioned IRT the bin lorry, of which we only have an 04.20 time frame of when he saw the teens. This is not stated whether it is when he is entering or leaving SB so I think there lies the problem. If you have details and sources that override the case map timings then mods would be able to change it with a linked source. Midsummer timeline has been changed a couple of times but I don't know about the case map. I only recently noticed the phone times on it which is why I mentioned it for people to check it out.
P.s. I appreciate you looking at it. We will only ever have a best guess IMO. The police discounting the 04.30 sighting because of it being before the phone arrived is very hard to understand unless they are very certain of the phone timings and that C travelled with his phone. I don't know how they are so certain of that.

Yep and I debated over the interpretations with Midsummer ad infinitum so I know where you're coming from. The problem (I think) is the times have only been specifically mentioned IRT the bin lorry, of which we only have an 04.20 time frame of when he saw the teens. This is not stated whether it is when he is entering or leaving SB so I think there lies the problem. If you have details and sources that override the case map timings then mods would be able to change it with a linked source. Midsummer timeline has been changed a couple of times but I don't know about the case map. I only recently noticed the phone times on it which is why I mentioned it for people to check it out.
P.s. I appreciate you looking at it. We will only ever have a best guess IMO. The police discounting the 04.30 sighting because of it being before the phone arrived is very hard to understand unless they are very certain of the phone timings and that C travelled with his phone. I don't know how they are so certain of that.
I prefer to go with the times LE gave originally as they would know from the phone pings and they also said the phone left the BSE at 4.19am. They have never said that the phone had to have been in the bin lorry, only that it loosely correlates to the time it took to get from BSE to BM and on the same or similar route afaik.

As for the BM sighting, on just about all the latest reports, LE say that the man said it was 4am and the phone was still in BSE at that time, but the man now says it was 4.30am. It sounds like there has been some confusion between LE and the man's and/or his wife's call.

It is my understanding that any sighting does not become a confirmed sighting unless two or more people saw the same thing at or near the same location at a similar time. At that time of night, there wouldn't have been that many people around, I wouldn't have thought. I wonder how many other sightings there have been that have been discounted. MM said there had been many, and it is clear that the sightings we do know about, have been looked into and areas searched. Without some evidence that C has been in a certain place, even though some person thinks they may have seen him, doesn't say one way or the other whether he was there or not.

No, there wouldn't have been many people around, and certainly very few who might have crossed the carriageway on foot in the way described, whether on that date or some other night around that time.

So I would have thought the police would have publicised this sighting and asked people to come forward for elimination purposes.

No, there wouldn't have been many people around, and certainly very few who might have crossed the carriageway on foot in the way described, whether on that date or some other night around that time.

So I would have thought the police would have publicised this sighting and asked people to come forward for elimination purposes.
They were asking for anyone who had been in the BM area early on, but I suppose they wouldn't say about this sighting in case others claimed to have seen the same thing, even though they hadn't. By not mentioning it, they may have had more geniune calls.

They were asking for anyone who had been in the BM area early on, but I suppose they wouldn't say about this sighting in case others claimed to have seen the same thing, even though they hadn't. By not mentioning it, they may have had more geniune calls.

I can see why they would keep such sightings confidential earlier on, but I was thinking more of a later appeal along the lines of "Was this you?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tased×20