UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Article on Page 9 of the Sunday Mail newspaper Sunday 23rd of July 2017.

Corrie's Dad We must not give up.

Martin, 48, of Cupar, Fife, said: “As a family, we were told last week that the search was going to come to an end on Friday.

“I kept praying right up until the last bucket of waste was lifted that we would get Corrie back.

“I’m beyond heart- broken that didn’t happen.

“As a father, I couldn’t live with myself if I didn’t do everything I could to persuade the people in charge to keep searching, so that’s what I’ll do.

“I’m not going to demand or beg but I’m hopeful they will listen to my reasoning.”

Thanks for the link Greater Than. IMO she didn't storm out. The lady had already said one last question. Storming out to me is her grabbing her papers in a huff and being upset. She would been there all day answering questions if she didnt leave at some point. But that's MOO.

As for the incinerated waste being searched - they are certain Corrie was in the bin due to the weight. In the press conference she said the incinerated waste came from the other bins in the horse shoe. If that is the case then they will not find Corrie in the incinerated waste remains because he was not in the bins that went to the incinerator.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm now wondering if he wasn't found as there was nothing much left of him. From what I've googled an intact body wouldn't disintegrate in a landfill but what if his body just got so crushed there wasn't anything left to find? Is it possible that the bin lorry crusher and then the compression process of the waste could perhaps have shredded him and his phone and boots to tiny pieces?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm now wondering if he wasn't found as there was nothing much left of him. From what I've googled an intact body wouldn't disintegrate in a landfill but what if his body just got so crushed there wasn't anything left to find? Is it possible that the bin lorry crusher and then the compression process of the waste could perhaps have shredded him and his phone and boots to tiny pieces?

You might be right. I didn't think there would be a lot of him left (sorry that sounds horrible [emoji852]) so I figured they'd mainly be looking for bones.

Such a awful ending to searching the landfill. I am not convinced he is in the landfill and never have been I can also see both sides of the story, you have a desperate mother now grandmother trying to find her son ! And a police force doing everything they can. But I don't understand the stopping the search, is it because they have had new information ? Or are they simply giving out a sign that say well he slept in bins ! They believe he is still in landfill. This case is torture to follow and so so sad

And a police force doing everything they can. But I don't understand the stopping the search, is it because they have had new information ? Or are they simply giving out a sign that say well he slept in bins ! They believe he is still in landfill. This case is torture to follow and so so sad

The police are not downing tools halfway through. They've searched the relevant area and found nothing. The remaining parts of the landfill are not where any rubbish was dumped from that time so absolutely no point looking through it.

Thanks for the link Greater Than. IMO she didn't storm out. The lady had already said one last question. Storming out to me is her grabbing her papers in a huff and being upset. She would been there all day answering questions if she didnt leave at some point.

Exactly. It's a lie to say that she "stormed out". The press conference had come to an end.

I thought the DS was very patient. Stewart White, the BBC Look East reporter, was extremely rude, constantly interrupting and shouting down her replies to the questions he had just asked her.

Exactly. It's a lie to say that she "stormed out". The press conference had come to an end.

I thought the DS was very patient. Stewart White, the BBC Look East reporter, was extremely rude, constantly interrupting and shouting down her replies to the questions he had just asked her.
I was cringing watching it and felt sorry for her. I wanted him to be a bit nicer to her. I am bit softie though [emoji4]

He didn't have to be "nice", just have the basic courtesy to allow her to finish what she was saying.
But the BBC is little better than the tabloids these days. Standards have fallen drastically.

Surely there is a difference to saying ' you are searching the landfill' to 'searching the whole of the landfill.' They never said the latter

It was crystal clear from the start that they would only be searching the relevant area.
And NU seemed to understand this, judging from comments she has made previously.

I was furious when I watched that press conference, I had expected DS to angrily leave. After answering that "one more question" she answered another before gathering her papers and calmly left.

Stewart White wasn't so much asking questions as interrogating the DS. How rude he was. When he asked about the area of LF being searched he was trying to trip her up about not looking in the right area if the rubbish had been moved.

I don't think the journalist was that bad tbh, it's standard for a press conference to quickly bark questions as you only have a short amount of time. The real issue is the complete non-story about her "storming out" when the conference ended. Why would a newspaper bother to print that nonsense?

I don't think the journalist was that bad tbh, it's standard for a press conference to quickly bark questions as you only have a short amount of time. The real issue is the complete non-story about her "storming out" when the conference ended. Why would a newspaper bother to print that nonsense?

Because that is what sells newspapers today. The media in general and a certain section of his family on social media has not helped one bit.

Its all about blame, who is to blame etc etc

I don't think the journalist was that bad tbh, it's standard for a press conference to quickly bark questions as you only have a short amount of time.

All the more reason to listen to the answers instead of continually cutting her off.

The area where the waste was deposited was fully searched so I see no reason to demand they continue. Also the petition itself is pretty garbled.

If DS Elliot had worded her statement slightly differently I think this reaction from C's parents might have been avoided.

The area of waste dumped at that specific time has been extremely thoroughly searched with not a single sign of Corrie or his possessions so I understand the search stopping.

If the next step is to examine the incinerated waste surely that must prove that SP think there is a chance C isn't at the LF, otherwise why keep looking elsewhere?

It was interesting that further pickups by that bin lorry were made after the Horseshoe, am I alone in thinking C may have been in the bin/lorry but was able to exit himself at one of these further pickups, and came to grief somewhere else? AOIMO.

C/p'd below from DS's statement from Greater Than's link above.

“All the work we have carried out, particularly around the weight of the bin lorry collection, points to Corrie being taken to the landfill site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Featherock