UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was interesting that further pickups by that bin lorry were made after the Horseshoe, am I alone in thinking C may have been in the bin/lorry but was able to exit himself at one of these further pickups, and came to grief somewhere

I think that yes, the bin weight accounted for Corrie and he then got out or he was never in the bin.
It may have been an awful coincidence that the heavier weight was due to someone being sneaky and using the bin for their own waste. I don't know if the bin had a lock on but I know people have used my commercial bin in the past if the bin men haven't locked it after emptying it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

If DS Elliot had worded her statement slightly differently I think this reaction from C's parents might have been avoided.

C/p'd below from DS's statement from Greater Than's link above.
“All the work we have carried out, particularly around the weight of the bin lorry collection, points to Corrie being taken to the landfill site."

Yes, and she's also widely quoted as saying that she still believes his body is at the landfill.
I'd have to go back to the press conference to check what she actually said, but it would have been much better to shut the door firmly on that possibility.

Yes, and she's also widely quoted as saying that she still believes his body is at the landfill.
I'd have to go back to the press conference to check what she actually said, but it would have been much better to shut the door firmly on that possibility.

I was looking at videos of landfill compressors yesterday and think it's within the realms possibility that one could shred a body into undetectable pieces. Perhaps that is what the ds meant by him being in LF. He's there but in so many pieces it was impossible to find a trace of him.

I was looking at videos of landfill compressors yesterday and think it's within the realms possibility that one could shred a body into undetectable pieces. Perhaps that is what the ds meant by him being in LF. He's there but in so many pieces it was impossible to find a trace of him.

They found clothing, shoes, mobile phones... apparently these all escaped finer shredding. Unfortunately, these goods did not belong to Corrie. IMHO if Corrie had been in the LF, he would not have been undetectable.

If LE still thinks he is there, they have to come up with a new plan. Letting the place fill up with rubbish once again would be extremely cruel.

Yet it has happened before. I don't remeber the name of the case, but a man killed his wife and daughter and their bodies were transported to the local dump. After lengthy searches, only one of them was found. Horrible story, but if I remember well, there were less doubts as to what had happened. IMHO in CM's case, the only thing that is certain is that his mobile phone travelled along a certain route.

<modsnip>

Is it likely there will be some sort of inquest into this case, or a public inquiry into the waste management side of it? I would love to know the ins and outs of what should have happened with this bin lorry, versus what actually did.

They found clothing, shoes, mobile phones... apparently these all escaped finer shredding. Unfortunately, these goods did not belong to Corrie. IMHO if Corrie had been in the LF, he would not have been undetectable.

.<modsnip>

Just because they found stuff not shredded beyond recognition doesn't mean CM and his boots and phone were not turned into confetti.

<modsnip>

Has anyone got any inkling whatsoever of why the police and family are so damn sure Corrie went to landfill? Aside from the bin weight (which would have seemed a reasonable, logical and straightforward indication in the earlier days) what else has justified the time/money spent on such a massive search? They must have been pretty certain he's there..... but why?

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/corrie-mckeagues-dad-blockade-landfill-13377683

Corrie McKeague's dad vows to blockade landfill site if police refuse to continue search

Martin McKeague will find out if the search to find his son will resume at meeting with Suffolk Police at 5pm today

"Martin continued: "I will come back here [tonight] and I will block this entrance off until I get what I want. I am not trying to cause trouble or anything like that I just want my son back .
"The search of cell 22 [where it is believed Corrie may be within the landfill site] has been half done. They do need to keep continuing. He could just be feet away... just now he is in the landfill and I do not want this to stop.

"Martin continued:
The search of cell 22 [where it is believed Corrie may be within the landfill site] has been half done. They do need to keep continuing. He could just be feet away... just now he is in the landfill and I do not want this to stop."

That's a good news!
And if it's true, I'll sign that petition. Like I said earlier, I wonder who gave the order to back off so sudden and why!?

That's a good news!
And if it's true, I'll sign that petition. Like I said earlier, I wonder who gave the order to back off so sudden and why!?

This really needs some clarification. MM seems quite certain that only half the cell has been searched so I must have misunderstood the situation because I thought the whole cell had been searched?

I find NU is often not clear when providing information but MM has been frequently visiting the LF while the work has been going on so he may have a better understanding of the area?

Hopefully there will be a statement from MM later about his meeting with SP today. Sometimes I want to ...:gaah:

That is good news that they may continue the search, fingers x for his family it does. If he is in there to be found , I believe he will be, even if he has been shredded to peices, I don't think the prices will be that small or unrecognisable to go unnoticed.
I still have a feeling he's not in there but if it gives his family closure, albeit not finding him after continuing the search , then I hope it goes ahead.
I'm more inclined to think he's been incinerated and if that's the case then I suspect fowl play.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/corrie-mckeagues-dad-blockade-landfill-13377683

Corrie McKeague's dad vows to blockade landfill site if police refuse to continue search

Martin McKeague will find out if the search to find his son will resume at meeting with Suffolk Police at 5pm today

"Martin continued: "I will come back here [tonight] and I will block this entrance off until I get what I want. I am not trying to cause trouble or anything like that I just want my son back .
"The search of cell 22 [where it is believed Corrie may be within the landfill site] has been half done. They do need to keep continuing. He could just be feet away... just now he is in the landfill and I do not want this to stop.

It will be interesting to see if his views change after this meeting today, he may be told a good reason for stopping the search.

This really needs some clarification. MM seems quite certain that only half the cell has been searched so I must have misunderstood the situation because I thought the whole cell had been

I also thought they had completed searching that cell. If it is true they are only half way through then I understand their frustration more. It makes more sense then that they are fighting so hard to keep going.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I didn't think the intention was ever to search the whole cell, was it? Just the part where the relevant rubbish was tipped.
And they searched further than originally planned, because they were still finding some.
Presumably they had stopped finding anything from the right date or place. I can't see them doing a U turn just because the family <modsnip> insist.

I didn't think the intention was ever to search the whole cell, was it? Just the part where the relevant rubbish was tipped.
And they searched further than originally planned, because they were still finding some.
Presumably they had stopped finding anything from the right date or place. I can't see them doing a U turn just because the family <modsnip> insist.
. I agree , just wish that the police update said that , we have searched up the date and a bit beyond the date and found nothing, so have no reason to continue is all that needed to be said,

I take it you aren't signing the petition then [emoji6]

I went to the Sunderland Air Show yesterday and one of the first things I saw was a bin lorry being used to block the road (for regular vehicles and to prevent terrorists I presume). I saw three separate ones during the day all they all made me feel quite sad.
There were dozens of military stands including the RAF so I thought about Corrie a lot yesterday.

I honestly don't know what they should do for the best. I see both sides of the argument. Hopefully we will get some more info from MM after his meeting.

I take it you aren't signing the petition then [emoji6]

I went to the Sunderland Air Show yesterday and one of the first things I saw was a bin lorry being used to block the road (for regular vehicles and to prevent terrorists I presume). I saw three separate ones during the day all they all made me feel quite sad.
There were dozens of military stands including the RAF so I thought about Corrie a lot yesterday.

I honestly don't know what they should do for the best. I see both sides of the argument. Hopefully we will get some more info from MM after his meeting.
If SP are sure that they have searched the correct cell and are sure he in not there then they have done a good job , so we can rule the landfill out, but but they haven't said that ,

It is well known that the rubbish is shifted and moved and crushed many times over time, so if Corrie is in that cell, he could be anywhere...even at the very bottom.
Human body doesn't act like a newspaper, eh... :facepalm:

I am certain that the police will have explained this in great depth to the family.

The families last hope was the landfill and now that it has stopped being searched they are not happy and possibly going to try using the social media following to help get it restarted.

Professionals on one side and a heartbroken family, not thinking clearly, on the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missmichelle1932