UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is well known that the rubbish is shifted and moved and crushed many times over time, so if Corrie is in that cell, he could be anywhere...even at the very bottom.
Human body doesn't act like a newspaper, eh... :facepalm:
. I can't see it moving more then a few yards each way and I'm sure that the search team have searched everything in that cell relevant to that date, IMO they are still not sure ware that bin pickup went, IMO it must have went to the transfer station at red lodge , some went to the landfill and some to the incinerator , I think that this transfer station needs looking at as that must be the clue ,

Is it likely there will be some sort of inquest into this case, or a public inquiry into the waste management side of it? I would love to know the ins and outs of what should have happened with this bin lorry, versus what actually did.

The HSE had representation on site during the landfill search to look into waste management procedures if C had been found, but I've not seen anything about an investigation into this solely as an environmental issue.

The HSE had representation on site during the landfill search to look into waste management procedures if C had been found, but I've not seen anything about an investigation into this solely as an environmental issue.
in my opinion HSE were only at the landfill for one reason and that would have been to over see the safey of the search team working at the landfill,

Has anyone got any inkling whatsoever of why the police and family are so damn sure Corrie went to landfill? Aside from the bin weight (which would have seemed a reasonable, logical and straightforward indication in the earlier days) what else has justified the time/money spent on such a massive search? They must have been pretty certain he's there..... but why?
During the conference Kate Elliott said that a reliable source had told police that C had once been found in rubbish. She didn't say it was bin though. NU had also said that a tipster had told her who killed C.

I am still with my original theory that he got out of the HS while camera was turned away, got into a vehicle and went elsewhere within BSE. Something may have happened to him there and he could have been put into another bin, not necessarily one of those collected by that bin lorry. It could also be sheer coincidence (or maybe timed if a perp knew enough info) that the route and timing was similar to the bin lorry.

During the conference Kate Elliott said that a reliable source had told police that C had once been found in rubbish. She didn't say it was bin though. NU had also said that a tipster had told her who killed C.

I am still with my original theory that he got out of the HS while camera was turned away, got into a vehicle and went elsewhere within BSE. Something may have happened to him there and he could have been put into another bin, not necessarily one of those collected by that bin lorry. It could also be sheer coincidence (or maybe timed if a perp knew enough info) that the route and timing was similar to the bin lorry.
I agree . Or he got out of the bin at Mildenhall as indicated by the phone movements. Whether the search continues should be the decision of SP ultimately, but what dates would be acceptable to the family? E.g. if they were consistently finding rubbish a week or two weeks older than when C went missing, would that be considered far enough back? If foul play has happened then he may not even be in the BSE part of the LF. Apparently the bin also went to Ely and Newmarket so where does that waste get dumped usually? It seems to be an inexact and random process. MOO.

I agree . Or he got out of the bin at Mildenhall as indicated by the phone movements. Whether the search continues should be the decision of SP ultimately, but what dates would be acceptable to the family? E.g. if they were consistently finding rubbish a week or two weeks older than when C went missing, would that be considered far enough back? If foul play has happened then he may not even be in the BSE part of the LF. Apparently the bin also went to Ely and Newmarket so where does that waste get dumped usually? It seems to be an inexact and random process. MOO.

How do you propose someone gets out of the back of a bin lorry? It's not like opening a car door.

Good questions about the LF search. I think they will want at the very least the entire cell searched and any operational areas where the vehicle which dumped the waste there was. After that If nothing turns up they might want the other cells searched just in case. The fact is it is a stinking waste landfill and it's not practical to search it forever just to keep a tiny glimmer of hope alive. The police said there will be a smell from the landfill when they started searching so local residents really need to be considered in all this.
I think it is practical to search incinerated waste now and then maybe check the rest of the cell but after that that should be it.

The bin lorry went on to Ely, Soham etc. but there is nothing that says it was emptied before these stops. So the waste from those areas would obviously end up in same place as the waste from BSE that night surely?

Could some one remind me who was the first to exit the HS after c went in , was it running man legs person or lurker? I think that I need to go back and refresh my mind on a lot of things now, I will try and review threads 5-15 over the next week or so for anything relevant to ware we are now ,

How do you propose someone gets out of the back of a bin lorry? It's not like opening a car door.

Good questions about the LF search. I think they will want at the very least the entire cell searched and any operational areas where the vehicle which dumped the waste there was. After that If nothing turns up they might want the other cells searched just in case. The fact is it is a stinking waste landfill and it's not practical to search it forever just to keep a tiny glimmer of hope alive. The police said there will be a smell from the landfill when they started searching so local residents really need to be considered in all this.
I think it is practical to search incinerated waste now and then maybe check the rest of the cell but after that that should be it.

The bin lorry went on to Ely, Soham etc. but there is nothing that says it was emptied before these stops. So the waste from those areas would obviously end up in same place as the waste from BSE that night surely?
It is not a proposal but is a possibility IMO. We have already discussed that the compactor would not have been used due to the early pick up in a residential area so assuming C was asleep when tipped in, if unhurt he would slowly come to in the lorry. The bin would have been weighed at the tipping and emptying stage and the lorry would drive out with the compactor up and open at the back. At this stage C could feasibly crawl to rear and just await the vehicle slowing down at a convenient junction. If he did not wake up quickly he may have not awakened till close to Mildenhall and jumped out there to head up to Brandon and across to the base but not making it .

Alternatively he wasn't in the bin and the weight was all waste material and he left in a vehicle from SB at a similar time to the lorry.

AJMO

Could some one remind me who was the first to exit the HS after c went in , was it running man legs person or lurker? I think that I need to go back and refresh my mind on a lot of things now, I will try and review threads 5-15 over the next week or so for anything relevant to ware we are now ,
4 minute man/woman aka legs/lurker and white t-shirt man were closest in time IIRC with also a woman who was the last to be identified plus McD unidentified man/woman. There was also a black guy identified carrying takeaway at around 3.30 too so about half a dozen or so people were around at the time I understand. Oh and bicycle man plus taxi man.
Eta. Of course these were only those who had not come forward voluntarily and had to be traced. There were others who came forward initially that we do not even know about.

It is not a proposal but is a possibility IMO. We have already discussed that the compactor would not have been used due to the early pick up in a residential area so assuming C was asleep when tipped in, if unhurt he would slowly come to in the lorry. The bin would have been weighed at the tipping and emptying stage and the lorry would drive out with the compactor up and open at the back. At this stage C could feasibly crawl to rear and just await the vehicle slowing down at a comvenient junction. If he did not wake up quickly he may have not awakened till close to Mildenhall and jumped out there to head up to Brandon and across to the base but not making it .

Alternatively he wasn't in the bin and the weight was all waste material and he left in a vehicle from SB at a similar time to the lorry.

AJMO

Are you assuming the rubbish tipped from the bin wasn't scooped into the back of the lorry here? I just can't see how once you're scooped in the actual inside you can easily get out. The news stories I can find involving people who escaped from the inside of a bin lorry only got out thanks to refuse staff spotting them.

Are you assuming the rubbish tipped from the bin wasn't scooped into the back of the lorry here? I just can't see how once you're scooped in the actual inside you can easily get out. The news stories I can find involving people who escaped from the inside of a bin lorry only got out thanks to refuse staff spotting them.
Yes no "scooping" as it is noisy for 4 a.m. just tipping so the compactor stays up and back is open till next collection at Mildenhall where there were no residences so "scooping" (compacting) is done then instead. If C wakes and is physically unhurt I believe he could have climbed out before Mildenhall tipping and scooping. MOO.

A fair point, except the ones who were lucky enough to escape probably wouldn't go to the newspapers. If the bin was just tipped in, Corrie could feasibly have jumped out anywhere. Who's to say he didn't climb out 100 yards up the road, and it WAS him seen near the Tesco roundabout.

This is what I mean when I've asked previously: other than the 100kg+ bin weight, what do the police KNOW that has justified million of £s and man hours being spent on this search? What is that second piece of info? Did Corrie just think "bugger, lost my phone, ruined my jeans and I'm covered in bruises, but this is a great story to tell the lads tomorrow" and carry on his merry way home?

A fair point, except the ones who were lucky enough to escape probably wouldn't go to the newspapers. If the bin was just tipped in, Corrie could feasibly have jumped out anywhere. Who's to say he didn't climb out 100 yards up the road, and it WAS him seen near the Tesco roundabout.

This is what I mean when I've asked previously: other than the 100kg+ bin weight, what do the police KNOW that has justified million of £s and man hours being spent on this search? What is that second piece of info? Did Corrie just think "bugger, lost my phone, ruined my jeans and I'm covered in bruises, but this is a great story to tell the lads tomorrow" and carry on his merry way home?

IMHO there should have been blood everywhere in the back of the bin lorry if CM had been crushed there.

Yes no "scooping" as it is noisy for 4 a.m. just tipping so the compactor stays up and back is open till next collection at Mildenhall where there were no residences so "scooping" (compacting) is done then instead. If C wakes and is physically unhurt I believe he could have climbed out before Mildenhall tipping and scooping. MOO.

I believe scooping and compacting are totally different processes though. I've watched a bin being emptied into a lorry and the rubbish then gets scooped up inside. I'd guess they have to scoop it very often so rubbish doesn't go flying about and are likely to do so if driving about different locations again so rubbish doesn't get everywhere. Once you're scooped inside there would then be a barrier to getting back out regardless of compacting being done or not. Basing this on watching collections and YouTube videos of how bin lorries work.

I've been following this quite closely, but only commenting occasionally.

There are two things baffling me at the moment. The phone stopped pinging at 8am near BM, but did it go to Ely and Soham, as the the bin lorry did, or did the bin lorry go there after 8am? If the bin lorry went to Ely and Soham before 8am, but the phone didn't, then the phone (and Corrie?) wasn't in the bin by the time it went to Ely. If the phone did ping that route, it must have been in the lorry (cab or back).

The bin weight was so high it was changed by Biffa staff, IIRC, so it seems difficult to account for the weight, other than it being Corrie. That makes Corrie being in the bin and getting out somewhere en route seem a more likely scenario, to me. Maybe I'm over-simplifying it and stating the obvious - sorry if that's the case.

There are plenty of other baffling inconsistencies (eg LE insisting he is not in landfill, then that he is), but the phone and bin weight seem to contradict each other, in the light of Ely/Soham collections.

I've been following this quite closely, but only commenting occasionally.

There are two things baffling me at the moment. The phone stopped pinging at 8am near BM, but did it go to Ely and Soham, as the the bin lorry did, or did the bin lorry go there after 8am? If the bin lorry went to Ely and Soham before 8am, but the phone didn't, then the phone (and Corrie?) wasn't in the bin by the time it went to Ely. If the phone did ping that route, it must have been in the lorry (cab or back).

The bin weight was so high it was changed by Biffa staff, IIRC, so it seems difficult to account for the weight, other than it being Corrie. That makes Corrie being in the bin and getting out somewhere en route seem a more likely scenario, to me. Maybe I'm over-simplifying it and stating the obvious - sorry if that's the case.

There are plenty of other baffling inconsistencies (eg LE insisting he is not in landfill, then that he is), but the phone and bin weight seem to contradict each other, in the light of Ely/Soham collections.

I want to know about the phone pinging too. How long would it take to get from bury St. Edmunds, Ely, Newmarket, etc. What time was the BSE pick up? 04:20? The phone must've pinged another mast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe scooping and compacting are totally different processes though. I've watched a bin being emptied into a lorry and the rubbish then gets scooped up inside. I'd guess they have to scoop it very often so rubbish doesn't go flying about and are likely to do so if driving about different locations again so rubbish doesn't get everywhere. Once you're scooped inside there would then be a barrier to getting back out regardless of compacting being done or not. Basing this on watching collections and YouTube videos of how bin lorries work.
Yes I agree they have to "scoop" etc but would not do it for every single bin and would not do it in a residential area at 4 a.m. IMO. There would have been traces in the truck when it was tested early on also surely?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laloeromero