UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SP also said C had slept on park benches, and in stairways and toilets. The latter I've heard of (in nightclubs and football grounds), but to a lot of people, to get yourself in such a state is pretty desperate. However, as I've said before, his family didn't seem to think dossing down and getting into strangers' cars was a problem; <modsnip> And as Taskforce said, he's away from home; why would his family think they know what he's been up to? I've come across various situations where airmen haven't been forthcoming with spouses and parents about what they've been up to.

The comment in that report that caught my eye (apart from the "not being stupid"??) was Darroch thinking he'd got in a metal bin? Where's that come from?
I have just had a thought. What if C had slept again and some one thought it a good prank to put him in a bin. Or what if he had an altercation and was placed unconscious in the bin? I guess that is possible and it has happened before in other cases, but still why no forensics from bin or lorry? Yes, i don't know where the idea they were metal bins came from. I thought they were all plastic but differing colours. The point about "not being stupid" is that old saying "drinks in, wits out". What may be unthinkable when sober is perhaps prevented when you have mates with you to keep an eye on each other ( the "buddy" system ) sadly that was not the case that night and it was usual for C to leave his mates apparently. Still nobody has definitely said how he usually got back to base AFAIK.
AJMOO

They are now going to test the incinerator waste to see if it is linked to C

They are now going to test the incinerator waste to see if it is linked to C
So why didn't they do this before they spent 10 weeks searching the LF? Wouldn't that have been the right way round especially as it hasn't taken long to search this incinerated material it seems? Are they searching the transfer station last?

So why didn't they do this before they spent 10 weeks searching the LF? Wouldn't that have been the right way round especially as it hasn't taken long to search this incinerated material it seems? Are they searching the transfer station last?

Very good question, it should have been done as soon as the LF search began IMO, unless they realised later on that some waste went to the incinerator that maybe shouldn't have?

The waste that went to the incinerator came from different bins in the HS & these bins didn't match any phone pings. Searching the LF first makes sense as that's where more evidence leads to.

The search of incinerator doesn't take long but the forensic testing will.

Edit this article has detail about the waste.
http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/police-r...sing-raf-serviceman-corrie-mckeague-1-5131236

The waste that went to the incinerator came from different bins in the HS & these bins didn't match any phone pings. Searching the LF first makes sense as that's where more evidence leads to.

The search of incinerator doesn't take long but the forensic testing will.

Edit this article has detail about the waste.
http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/police-r...sing-raf-serviceman-corrie-mckeague-1-5131236
We were told months ago that the waste from the bin lorry that matched C's phone movements went to be sorted and incinerated. When were we told it didn't go to the sorting station? I don't remember that exactly. Were there two bin lorries emptying two bins at a similar time? Otherwise why does the story keep changing? I don't get why the confusion and incorrect info about one simple bin lorry journey? It's not rocket science fgs.
Eta. I realise the forensic testing will take time, which is all the more reason they should have done it before the LF search IMO.

We were told months ago that the waste from the bin lorry that matched C's phone movements went to be sorted and incinerated. When were we told it didn't go to the sorting station? I don't remember that exactly. Were there two bin lorries emptying two bins at a similar time? Otherwise why does the story keep changing? I don't get why the confusion and incorrect info about one simple bin lorry journey? It's not rocket science fgs.
Eta. I realise the forensic testing will take time, which is all the more reason they should have done it before the LF search IMO.
To what I know of we only have one bin lorry that did other pickups in bse before going to mildenhal , soham, Ely ,then newmarket, IMO the bin lorry no longer fits in with the phone movements being on the Barton mills mast from around 4.50 until 8am and not moving,

We were told months ago that the waste from the bin lorry that matched C's phone movements went to be sorted and incinerated.

The police never specifically said that the phone ping bin contents went to be incinerated just other waste from BSE from that period was.

The incinerated waste search sounds like a large forensic project and would take a bit of organising. I would think too that finding a full body would take priority over a few bone shards. The incinerated waste can wait, a body in a landfill would get worse as time goes on so can't really wait.

Does anyone know what happened to the police officer that was at the very first family appeal? I've always thought it was weird that I haven't seen him on any other updates or anything. Was he not senior enough and had to take a back seat to Katie Elliot?

Does anyone know what happened to the police officer that was at the very first family appeal? I've always thought it was weird that I haven't seen him on any other updates or anything. Was he not senior enough and had to take a back seat to Katie Elliot?

He's described as 'Acting Superintendent Kim Warner' in the early articles (example).

LE, MM, and NU all appear to be confident that Corrie is in the landfill.

Based on what we know, the landfill seems most likely to me too. JMO

But the one thing that bothers me, and something I hope LE addresses at some point since they believe he climbed into the bin that was ultimately tipped into the back of the lorry, is the lack of forensic evidence found in or on any of the bins, or more importantly, inside the bin lorry.

I struggle to understand how they didn't find a trace of biological evidence linking Corrie to the inside of that bin truck, yet they are certain he was in it. Thoughts? Maybe the upcoming independent review will shed some light on this.

RSBM

The only possibilites regarding this are that :
1. C was never in the cab or the back of the lorry.
2. He was in it but clambered out unseen up SB or elsewhere and left no trace.
3. He was in it and was unconscious/unable to get out before the compactor was used.
a) Normal washing procedures may have removed traces.
b) Wrong bin was tested .
4. He was in the cab but the driver has not wanted to own up.
5. He was accidentally run over by bin lorry as he was behind bins and the culprit has not wanted to own up. Someone else may have helped to move the body.
6. He rode on back or side and jumped off later. (This has been ruled out by cctv supposedly but then so had the possibility of him being missed in the sorting procedure so I have put this back in)

These are all the possibilities I can think of and they have all been gone over before, so it will be interesting if these issues are covered in the review. I think they should be for obvious reasons.

Article which answers some questions imo - also has a map of the two separate bin lorry routes.

/why-are-police-searching-incinerated-waste-for-missing-raf-gunner-corrie-mckeague-and-what-do-they-

expect-to-find

http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/why-are-...gue-and-what-do-they-expect-to-find-1-5132999
So Corrie's phone pinged a mast at Barton Mills at 4.20 a.m. this article states. It must have left BSE about 20 minutes earlier in that case, around 04.00 a.m. so it cannot have been the bin lorry if the driver saw the 3 teens at 04.20 a.m. and the phone was already in BM by then. More confusing data . AJMO.
ETA. The graphic states it pinged the mast at 04.00 a.m. so even this article has discrepancies on the time. Why can't this time be properly pinned down. This is ridiculous. Oh and there were two bin lorries so two drivers presumably. Were both lorries forensically tested initially? This has only taken 10 months to come out.

So Corrie's phone pinged a mast at Barton Mills at 4.20 a.m. this article states. It must have left BSE about 20 minutes earlier in that case, around 04.00 a.m. so it cannot have been the bin lorry if the driver saw the 3 teens at 04.20 a.m. and the phone was already in BM by then. More confusing data . AJMO.
ETA. The graphic states it pinged the mast at 04.00 a.m. so even this article has discrepancies on the time. Why can't this time be properly pinned down. This is ridiculous. Oh and there were two bin lorries so two drivers premusably. Were both lorries forensically tested initially? This has only taken 10 months to come out.

Going by this report -

It is known there were several collections in Bury St Edmunds after the Brentgovel Street one before the bin lorry went on to other collections in Mildenhall, Newmarket, Soham and Ely.[/I

]So how do how do the phone pings correlate because the bin lorry must have taken time to do these other collections.
Several collections in Bury - how long would each collection take, 3 mins minimum say (though it must take more!), so another 20 minutes - at least - after the Brentgovel St collection the bin lorry left Bury.
I do get confused, but this doesn't seem to fit with those phone ping timings connecting to the bin lorry leaving Bury?
Anyone got the original timings of the phone leaving and also the bin lorry? What am I missing here?
Sorry if I am rambling but my mind is confused now, I really can't connect anything we have been told but the official line seems so confident on these facts.

ETA. The graphic states it pinged the mast at 04.00 a.m. so even this article has discrepancies on the time. Why can't this time be properly pinned down. This is ridiculous. Oh and there were two bin lorries so two drivers presumably. Were both lorries forensically tested initially? This has only taken 10 months to come out.
The time they state that the phone pinged the mast at Barton Mills fits with the time that was given by LE some time ago as leaving the BSE mast at 4.19am and would also therefore fit the sighting at BM at around 4.30am by the bread delivery driver. LE also said originally that the phone was at BM by 4.30am. It was also originally said that there were two bin lorries and then that got changed so there was only one on that day and the other being general waste was said to have been collected on the following Monday.

The time they state that the phone pinged the mast at Barton Mills fits with the time that was given by LE some time ago as leaving the BSE mast at 4.19am and would also therefore fit the sighting at BM at around 4.30am by the bread delivery driver. LE also said originally that the phone was at BM by 4.30am. It was also originally said that there were two bin lorries and then that got changed so there was only one on that day and the other being general waste was said to have been collected on the following Monday.

No it doesn't. Correct me if I am wrong please, but the text of the article states the phone pinged Barton Mills at 4.20 a.m. not Bury. The graphic states the phone pinged at 04.00 a.m. so neither fit the 4.19 a.m. Bury ping at all. If no one can provide consistent timings it seems to me that the waters are being muddied on purpose. They (i.e. MSM, SP, RAF and Forbes) have all had plenty of time and opportunity to check these timings. Why can't they report consistent information? IMO.

So now we know the four vehicles I think. Two bin lorries, a delivery vehicle and a LH drive vehicle AFAIK. Is that correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc