UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh for gods sake the police are not tapping his families phones!

You know for certain, that this has never been the case, do you?

AFAIK we have never had clarification of Nicola's anger many, many months ago, about whatever it was that she regarded as a betrayal of her family by SP. At the time, several people speculated that monitoring the family's communications could be behind the comment.

The police would have had to consider every possibility, including the possibility that he was simply AWOL and that his brothers at least knew more than they admitted.

All the evidence points towards the landfill. This is a victim friendly forum and implying his family are involved is a bit much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All the evidence points towards the landfill. This is a victim friendly forum and implying his family are involved is a bit much.

I'm not suggesting the family were involved, merely that the police would have had to consider and look into that possibility. That long phone call between Corrie and his brother that evening, while Corrie was sitting drinking in his car, for example, was the subject of much discussion here.

And yes - the current evidence points to landfill, but in the early days the police looked into several possibilities, including abduction, him being hit by a car while walking home and AWOL. The bin lorry and landfill didn't come onto the radar for several weeks after his disapperance.

that report doesn't say red lodge it doesn't say exactly ware just a transfer station , then something about a rubbish place in BSE that N also would like searched, first IV heard of one in BSE,

In that article I thought N might be referring to one of the other collection areas the lorry called at in BSE ?

This article mentions Red Lodge. https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/ne...sing-corrie-mckeague-escape-ruled-out-search/

RULED OUT Cops confirm missing Corrie McKeague did NOT escape from bin lorry on way to landfill
A search of the Red Lodge Waste Transfer Station, where rubbish was held before heading to the landfill in Milton, Cambridgeshire, found no trace of the missing airman.

MISSING RAF airman Corrie McKeague did not escape from a bin lorry believed to have carried him to a landfill site, cops have ruled.

Yesterday, they ruled out the possibility that the missing Scot escaped from the bin lorry at Red Lodge Waste Transfer Station before rubbish was transferred to the landfill.

Officers and around 35 Suffolk Lowland Search and Rescue volunteers, along with specially trained fire and rescue cadaver dogs, searched the perimeter of the waste transfer station.

You know for certain, that this has never been the case, do you?

AFAIK we have never had clarification of Nicola's anger many, many months ago, about whatever it was that she regarded as a betrayal of her family by SP. At the time, several people speculated that monitoring the family's communications could be behind the comment.

The police would have had to consider every possibility, including the possibility that he was simply AWOL and that his brothers at least knew more than they admitted.

We did get told about the 'betrayal'. It was because N's side of the family asked the police about putting up a reward and police said no...then Corrie's dad's side put up a reward and N took it as a 'betrayal'.

I think the police would follow the evidence to wherever it led, the first thing was to make sure Corrie wasn't lying injured by the side of a road or something like that, but if they'd picked up evidence suggesting he was AWOL then they would have had to look into that.

Without strong suspicion of a crime, a significant crime, they won't get a warrant for a phone tap. There's no way, imho, they'd get one because someone's brother's gone missing and they want to make sure the relatives aren't in communication with the missing person who they have zero evidence is even alive.

I'm not sure I want to be known as a lurker so let's just say I've been watching for a while!!

For a definition of 'operationally sensitive' you need to refer to the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act 2000 (UK), where various examples are listed under 'Exceptions' for release of information. There will be information within the report that could, if released, compromise the ongoing investigation. This doesn't have to be anything specific nor sensational, just pieces of the whole.

I cannot figure out how to give a hyperlink but refer to ICo_Org.uk and read 'Exemptions' under the FOI details.

(I'm an information professional so know these things.....)

I'm not sure I want to be known as a lurker so let's just say I've been watching for a while!!

For a definition of 'operationally sensitive' you need to refer to the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act 2000 (UK), where various examples are listed under 'Exceptions' for release of information. There will be information within the report that could, if released, compromise the ongoing investigation. This doesn't have to be anything specific nor sensational, just pieces of the whole.

I cannot figure out how to give a hyperlink but refer to ICo_Org.uk and read 'Exemptions' under the FOI details.

(I'm an information professional so know these things.....)
Welcome Tessiemay. Why couldn't they just redact those bits? Is this usual to not release such a report IYO?

Ah yeah, the old man that looks like a young man dressed up? :)
Yeah that one - the only one not traced so far. :confused:
(Also allegedly the same homeless person C gave some chips/money to and told he was walking home IMO)

So here we are questioning a homeless person, Much like another case I appear to be following:gaah:

OT - Please take a moment to read the latest help request from Tricia. You can see her note called "it is urgent now" under the Missing Persons Discussion forum. Here's a snip:

"You can donate at .com or use the email websleuthsdonations@gmail.com and you can donate thru PayPal.com or Google Wallet

This is URGENT!!!

There are bills coming up that are not going to be paid and that will start the awful domino effect that could lead to real trouble for Websleuths."

Yeah that one - the only one not traced so far. :confused:
(Also allegedly the same homeless person C gave some chips/money to and told he was walking home IMO)

That doesn't make sense, how is it known what the conversation was about if they can't trace him?

IMO - do not forget the inquiry remains ongoing. - patently the release of inquiry related information would need to be held 'closed' until such time someone was sentenced for any crime. And then would only be released if deemed to be in the public interest.
Redaction often fulfills the need to protect third party information - anyone living has the right for personal information to remain private. It's some time since I've dealt with this but those affected used to be written to for permission. Otherwise reaction would remove Official (not the capital O) that would disclose methods, practices, techniques etc that would potentially comprise future investigations.
I appreciate the frustrations of not being able to know the ins and outs but even living in an open society like the UK, there is a need to remain pragmatic and realistic and not wish for that unlikely to available until some person(s) is/are banged to rights.

Sorry but could someone update me. Haven't been on in a while. Thanks

Sorry but could someone update me. Haven't been on in a while. Thanks

No news. Literally no new news. They have recommenced digging up the landfill after a few weeks hiatus, the police still seem sure Corrie is in there. Sorry to say you haven't missed anything.

Just had a catch up on reading. Two things have come to mind reading the more recent comments. Firstly, I have often wondered if the BL stuff has been a cover for something else, such as my original theory that he did get out the HS, got a lift, not caught on camera and something happened to him elsewhere and maybe put in household rubbish. Secondly, back in January when UT did his live update he said something had happened recently that they wanted to find out about but he couldn't say anymore. Following that, we had a new member here who also said that something had happened in BSE within the last few weeks that once it became public knowledge would have a huge impact. Does anyone know what the incident was? I don't recall anything being in the press that would have such impact, so I would guess it wasn't reported on.

Just had a catch up on reading. Two things have come to mind reading the more recent comments. Firstly, I have often wondered if the BL stuff has been a cover for something else, such as my original theory that he did get out the HS, got a lift, not caught on camera and something happened to him elsewhere and maybe put in household rubbish. Secondly, back in January when UT did his live update he said something had happened recently that they wanted to find out about but he couldn't say anymore. Following that, we had a new member here who also said that something had happened in BSE within the last few weeks that once it became public knowledge would have a huge impact. Does anyone know what the incident was? I don't recall anything being in the press that would have such impact, so I would guess it wasn't reported on.

I'm local and there's been nothing significant of which I'm aware. Not heard anything on the QT or seen anything reported that would relate to something major in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop