UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No news. Literally no new news. They have recommenced digging up the landfill after a few weeks hiatus, the police still seem sure Corrie is in there. Sorry to say you haven't missed anything.

I do wonder what happens in cases like this where a body is not recovered despite all efforts to find it. What if they completely dig out the relevant cell at the landfill and still don't find it?

What if it's effectively not recoverable at all?

I do wonder what happens in cases like this where a body is not recovered despite all efforts to find it. What if they completely dig out the relevant cell at the landfill and still don't find it?

What if it's effectively not recoverable at all?

Coincidence Melmoth, I've been wondering the same.

If they find no trace at landfill the search can't go on indefinitely surely? There must come a time it will be halted.

Reminding me of Rory Johnson-Hatfield.

Coincidence Melmoth, I've been wondering the same.

If they find no trace at landfill the search can't go on indefinitely surely? There must come a time it will be halted.

This must be a PITA for the landfill operator - not only having to keep this cell in its present state until formally released, but also not knowing whether there will be pressure to extend the seach to the edges of the neighbouring cells.

If at the end of the search the police haven't found him, but are convinced he's in there somewhere, what happens? I have visions of them bringing in a priest to bless or consecrate the site or something.

I think if the police want to spend any more millions on the landfill search they are going to have to publicly justify WHY they are so convinced Corrie is in there. There has to be some other evidence than "a bin weighed a lot".... but what is it?

I think if the police want to spend any more millions on the landfill search they are going to have to publicly justify WHY they are so convinced Corrie is in there. There has to be some other evidence than "a bin weighed a lot".... but what is it?

The phone pings travelling the same route as the bin lorry.

The search won't go on for years, there is only so much left in the cell and apparently the rest of LF is contaminated so can't be searched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The phone pings travelling the same route as the bin lorry.

The search won't go on for years, there is only so much left in the cell and apparently the rest of LF is contaminated so can't be searched.

Ah yes, the pings. I still wonder if he WAS in the bin but managed to get out (sans phone)

Out of the bin or out of the bin lorry?

I thought the police have categorically said he did not get out of the bin lorry.

I don't think they ever categorically said he was ever in the bin or bin lorry. Just the most possible occurrence according to their investigations. JMO

Police don't make statements like that.

In post #486 Jessie linked to a Scottish Sun article and quoted from it:

RULED OUT Cops confirm missing Corrie McKeague did NOT escape from bin lorry on way to landfill
A search of the Red Lodge Waste Transfer Station, where rubbish was held before heading to the landfill in Milton, Cambridgeshire, found no trace of the missing airman.

MISSING RAF airman Corrie McKeague did not escape from a bin lorry believed to have carried him to a landfill site, cops have ruled.

Yesterday, they ruled out the possibility that the missing Scot escaped from the bin lorry at Red Lodge Waste Transfer Station before rubbish was transferred to the landfill.

As far as I can see, they believe he was in the bin lorry and that he did not escape from it during its journey, therefore they believe he is in the landfill.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/ne...sing-corrie-mckeague-escape-ruled-out-search/

The direct quote from the police says that he was not found at Red Lodge transfer station, ie he did not escape from the bin lorry there. That doesn't rule out the possibility that he might have got out at some other stage of the lorry's progress.

A spokesman for Suffolk Police said: “As part of the ongoing missing person inquiry into the disappearance of Corrie McKeague, we can confirm that a search of the perimeter of the Red Lodge transfer station took place on 29th October.

“It couldn’t be definitively ruled out that Corrie was not located there and so in the interests of thoroughness of the investigation and diligence it was necessary to complete this search.

“It was completed with the support of SULSAR who have provided assistance to the police throughout the investigation. The search proved negative.”

In post #486 Jessie linked to a Scottish Sun article and quoted from it:

As far as I can see, they believe he was in the bin lorry and that he did not escape from it during its journey, therefore they believe he is in the landfill.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/ne...sing-corrie-mckeague-escape-ruled-out-search/

You're quoting the Suns version of things rather than the police though.

I can't actually find a police statement on red lodge, if anyone can find one can it be linked?

The direct quote from the police says that he was not found at Red Lodge transfer station, ie he did not escape from the bin lorry there. That doesn't rule out the possibility that he might have got out at some other stage of the lorry's progress.

It's possible he could've got out of the bin lorry at Red Lodge transfer station and moved beyond the area they searched.

The article does seem to be deducing a lot from very little information. The fact that they didn't find him at Red Lodge transfer station proves he is not there now he could have been there, but moved on.

One of the things I still wonder is if he got a lift in the cab, and left his phone in it or dropped it nearby. Still wondering about the sighting at Fiveways roundabout, too, although the stated time is too early to tie in with being on the bin lorry.

It's possible he could've got out of the bin lorry at Red Lodge transfer station and moved beyond the area they searched.

After being crushed repeatedly? A bit unlikely imo.

After being crushed repeatedly? A bit unlikely imo.

Yes, I agree, if he was in the back, but I still think he might have been in the cab, and I thought there was some doubt about whether the crusher was used.

We're now three weeks into the renewed search of the landfill and there's no news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop