Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I'd like to think so. Hopefully all 3 will be found soon 🙁

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I read this before too but I guess the word 'coincidence' was invented for a reason

The search for Jordan Thompson will enter its fourth day tomorrow, with social media users posting and re-posting an online plea to help find the 26-year-old, who disappeared from home at 6.30am on November 11.
Miss Thompson’s car, a white Seat registered in 2013, was last traced on the A14 near the Suffolk-Cambridgeshire border – almost 40 miles away – at about 9am on Friday. However, there has been no sighting of Miss Thompson, or her car, since Friday morning.

I

Yes I'd like to think so too. Hopefully all 3 will be found soon 🙁......

sorry folks for the double post , still finding my bearings here been reading the forums here for 2 years but a newbie to the posting still 😕

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I don't know what to believe about the bins but I know from my job that the weighing can sometimes be way off. We have had problems with two of the three bin companys we have used in the last ten years due to faulty weights. It isn't often but it does happen enough to be a pain in the backside.

This lad just disappearing is a mind boggler.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

But on a handful of occasions we had our billing stopped because other people on the routes that day also had over weighing problems so it's something that wouldn't just happen on one stop, but everytime it's had to be us flagging up the problem and then the bin company look into it. It's never been flagged up before at the weighing or billing stage.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

There does seem to have been CCTV footage of the three teens that were seen that night. I would personally take it with a pinch of salt that the bin driver saw them at 4.20...it might not have been him that saw them. I thought we'd read that the bin was emptied at 4am, but even that could be a very rough time. Or maybe the bin was emptied at 4.20, the driver did see the kids on the opposite corner, or as he was driving down Short Brackland and he didn't get to Barton Mills roundabout until 4.30, which would be within the 4am to 4.30am window and would just about fit with a car journey between those two positions.

I think times given by police (other than the exact timings on the CCTV footage) is purposely quite open-ended and non-specific, so as to incorporate the time that they're interested in but also to widen that timeframe out a little bit.

What we don't know about the kids is exactly where they were standing/wandering around between 3.20 am and 4.30 am, but the police should know more about their movements than we do. I still think they were likely not car owners, because I have this image in my mind that they may have been smoking something, and as soon as one teen in a group of friends gets a car, then the streets are used less for that purpose, and instead they'll sit in the car. Unless the car they use is a parent's car and they don't want any smell in the car...but I'm not a parent of an older teen, would a parent loan their 18 year old the car for that time of night to go to a clubbing area when there might be alcohol around? I doubt that.

Another thing I wanted to say was about the posts questioning how it might be said that a person couldn't evade the CCTV to exit the loading bay yet they're not sure about cars in the area. They might not be saying that a person couldn't be missed but a vehicle could, they might be saying that a person couldn't get out unseen on foot, but they could exit unseen within a vehicle which is visible...either because lighting is reflecting off the windows and making it hard to see who's inside, or because the person has been bundled flat into the back or boot of a vehicle.

Thanks so much for your post about how the bins are weighed

I have looked over your useful maps and diagrams

At times I have read through stuff on FB page but obviously that just throws up a whole lot of confusion....I just recently went through all the FAQs on http://www.findcorrie.co.uk/category/frequenlty-asked-questions/page/4/

One question which I don't think there is a definitive answer to is....

The sighting/description of 3 youths that morning.....I can't find anything stating it was anything other than info given by bin lorry driver. The time of sighting (4.20ish), if correct, puts truck there for 20 mins....way over the time it actually takes to empty bin (we see bin lorries lifting & emptying rubbish bins on roadsides and it's quick)

If sighting of 3 people in the area is only coming from driver and not corroborated by cctv then that's a worry

I have followed the page religously but have still missed bits because there is so much to trawl through.indeed i was surprised to read Nicolas statement where she said he was drinking in his car beforehand.So it is easy to miss things

See things like that turns opinions so fast. Happy people generally do not sit in their car drinking.......

I've seen the roundabout mentioned a few times. What sort of roundabout is it? It's not that long ago that a man along with his car was found in a roundabout a week after he went missing. I wonder if the roundabout has been searched thoroughly if it's as dense at this one: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-tees-37270623

Happy people generally do not sit in their car drinking.......

While that CAN be true, it doesn't necessarily mean it's the case here. He's making his way through to town to get drunk with his mates on a Friday night. His brother phones with some interesting/exciting info about something they'd discussed previously, so Corrie stops for a lengthy chat about it (I can't be the only one who always talks for 30-60 minutes to my brother on the phone??). But the aim of the night is to get drunk, it's already after 10pm and he doesn't want to fall behind, so he drinks in the car while chatting.

What it does mean is that he's not too worried about taking chances with the law. It was suggested early on that he wouldn't nap in his car while drunk in case he was caught, but we know now that a) he's done it before (according to his mum) and b) if he's happy to sit drinking in his car, he's probably happy to nap in the car. So if, after his unplanned 2 hour nap in a doorway, he decided he needed another nap, he's far more likely to make his way back to his car than to climb into a bin (something that he is NOT known to do).

how is the lorry weighing done exactly

Happen to have just seen this quote from Tony, if it helps:

"There is an automated and calibrated scale that weighs the bin as the vehicle lifts it (it knows the weight of the bin, so just subtracts that to deduce the weight inside), which is then emptied into the back. When the vehicle arrives at the disposal site it is weighed. They know the weight of the vehicle and the weight(s) of each of the collections - the two should correlate."

Another comment from Tony re cameras and walking out of that area:

"Your statement is not correct David. It is based on a single camera.

Analysis has shown you cannot walk out of that area without being seen - irrespective of the rotation times."

This is within the comments of the 12/11 update, if you'd like to read the context of his response. Comment was around midnight with Tony's reply at 1.37am.

While that CAN be true, it doesn't necessarily mean it's the case here. He's making his way through to town to get drunk with his mates on a Friday night. His brother phones with some interesting/exciting info about something they'd discussed previously, so Corrie stops for a lengthy chat about it (I can't be the only one who always talks for 30-60 minutes to my brother on the phone??). But the aim of the night is to get drunk, it's already after 10pm and he doesn't want to fall behind, so he drinks in the car while chatting.

What it does mean is that he's not too worried about taking chances with the law. It was suggested early on that he wouldn't nap in his car while drunk in case he was caught, but we know now that a) he's done it before (according to his mum) and b) if he's happy to sit drinking in his car, he's probably happy to nap in the car. So if, after his unplanned 2 hour nap in a doorway, he decided he needed another nap, he's far more likely to make his way back to his car than to climb into a bin (something that he is NOT known to do).

OK, but most people don't have alcohol just sitting around in their car so unless he was planning on sitting in his car drinking I think it's unlikely he was just caught short by a phonecall.

OK, but most people don't have alcohol just sitting around in their car so unless he was planning on sitting in his car drinking I think it's unlikely he was just caught short by a phonecall.

OK, so he knows before he leaves base that his brother will phone (or he needs to return his brother's call) and that it'll be a long one, so he grabs a bottle of something before he leaves to drink in the car while he chats...

If he wasnt seen leaving. Then theres only these options:

He went in the bin lorry somehow, someway. And somehow has been missed by the driver and gone to landfill. Or the driver did notice, panicked and either got him out and put him in another bin or got rid of him somewhere else on his journey back to the depot.
The timeline from CCTV will show how much time the driver took to tip 1 bin. If it was more than a few minutes then..... well! This I think is why they are now checking the Tacho. The driver needs to be seriously questioned but Police cannot do this until they have some evidence to go on.

If he was in another one of those bins, where they checked? If something happened round that corner and Corrie came to some harm another way and ended up in another bin, covered over by rubbish, the drivers may not have seen him and then went off to landfill. The phone was in the paper bin for some reason hence the trace on it.

We need to remember there where 3 days where noone even knew he was missing. Enough time for all bins to be emptied. Enough time to prepare to dispose of evidence.

To me I dont think he went with anyone else. Who would just randomly select Corrie to take and do something to him. It just doesnt add up.

I think the driver if the bin lorry is basically crapping himself as he probably did do something to Corrie. The bin truck was probably cleaned and god knows what in the days after.

Does anyone actually know when the bin lorry even came to the forefront? I.e. Time after Corrie went missing. Was it about a week later? Enough time for it to have forensically been void....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's appalling how it took 3 days for anybody to know he was missing. Why didn't his 'mates' question where he was. Military that live in the blocks live in each others pockets. They are together constantly. Even wandering around on camp they're always in pairs or groups. I don't understand how nobody gave a toss that he wasn't there.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

It's appalling how it took 3 days for anybody to know he was missing. Why didn't his 'mates' question where he was. Military that live in the blocks live in each others pockets. They are together constantly. Even wandering around on camp they're always in pairs or groups. I don't understand how nobody gave a toss that he wasn't there.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Its mad isnt it. And his dog would have probably been barking and moaning being left in his room.

Young men don't check in with each other every day as they assume they're all big and hard enough to look after themselves. It's not like they all shared bunk beds and lived in each other pockets - Corrie had his own accommodation.

I'd guess some people did wonder where he was but figured he had gone off with a lady or was staying elsewhere with friends. When he didn't report for duty that's when it only became obvious there was something very wrong.

As there seems to be one or two new faces on the forum, I think it may be wise to take a look at the posts in thread one and thread two to see where we managed to get to and agree about COLLECTIVELY. It may save the new members a hell of a lot of time speculating and theorising.
I put together a SPECULATIVE ASSESSMENT of Corrie's actions that night and it was agreed that that was the 'best guess scenario' leading up to his disappearance. More importantly, it gave a credible insight in to his intentions further along in the evening. It's being adapted as new theories come through and new facts are being presented. There are also some suggested maps that I put together.
Please bare in mind that the information that I collated was from forum memebers and my own thought process. IT may bare no resemblance to his actual movements that night.

With respect though it doesn't matter what most people would do, we know that Corrie did it, I can't see any way that this could be connected to his disappearance but would be interested if you have a theory that links the two,

Another comment from Tony re cameras and walking out of that area:

"Your statement is not correct David. It is based on a single camera.

Analysis has shown you cannot walk out of that area without being seen - irrespective of the rotation times."

This is within the comments of the 12/11 update, if you'd like to read the context of his response. Comment was around midnight with Tony's reply at 1.37am.

I was going to post this reply too, I think it's good information and can help eliminate some of our (and David's) possible scenarios

If he wasnt seen leaving. Then theres only these options:

He went in the bin lorry somehow, someway. And somehow has been missed by the driver and gone to landfill. Or the driver did notice, panicked and either got him out and put him in another bin or got rid of him somewhere else on his journey back to the depot.
The timeline from CCTV will show how much time the driver took to tip 1 bin. If it was more than a few minutes then..... well! This I think is why they are now checking the Tacho. The driver needs to be seriously questioned but Police cannot do this until they have some evidence to go on.

If he was in another one of those bins, where they checked? If something happened round that corner and Corrie came to some harm another way and ended up in another bin, covered over by rubbish, the drivers may not have seen him and then went off to landfill. The phone was in the paper bin for some reason hence the trace on it.

We need to remember there where 3 days where noone even knew he was missing. Enough time for all bins to be emptied. Enough time to prepare to dispose of evidence.

To me I dont think he went with anyone else. Who would just randomly select Corrie to take and do something to him. It just doesnt add up.

I think the driver if the bin lorry is basically crapping himself as he probably did do something to Corrie. The bin truck was probably cleaned and god knows what in the days after.

Does anyone actually know when the bin lorry even came to the forefront? I.e. Time after Corrie went missing. Was it about a week later? Enough time for it to have forensically been void....

I really don't think Corrie was ever in a bin but you do put forward a very plausible explanation. If the bin driver has been acting out of character for the past few weeks I hope someone close to him would go to the polcie

Its mad isnt it. And his dog would have probably been barking and moaning being left in his room.

Facebook posting only BUT, it has been reported by the parent of the person who live opposite Corrie that the dog did not make any sound that would have alerted anyone to Corrie not being there

JMO etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member