UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As there seems to be one or two new faces on the forum, I think it may be wise to take a look at the posts in thread one and thread two to see where we managed to get to and agree about COLLECTIVELY. It may save the new members a hell of a lot of time speculating and theorising.
I put together a SPECULATIVE ASSESSMENT of Corrie's actions that night and it was agreed that that was the 'best guess scenario' leading up to his disappearance. More importantly, it gave a credible insight in to his intentions further along in the evening. It's being adapted as new theories come through and new facts are being presented. There are also some suggested maps that I put together.
Please bare in mind that the information that I collated was from forum memebers and my own thought process. IT may bare no resemblance to his actual movements that night.

Also the FAQs on the findcorrie website will help anyone who needs to catch up on the (not so many) agreed facts and clear up some of the common misconceptions

Theres a full circle on FB going back to the bin lorry. People are becoming convinced he had to have been in it. Its the only explanation that makes sense. Apart from shoddy data provided about the weight. How accurate can it have been. I have heard so many things now from people that work in the refuse industry saying its never accurate. Anything can go wrong on weights. Its not an exact calculation by any means. 11kg is literally nothing. I can pick that up with 1 arm. A massive paper bin which only had 11kg in it for all them shops that share it. No way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Theres a full circle on FB going back to the bin lorry. People are becoming convinced he had to have been in it. Its the only explanation that makes sense. Apart from shoddy data provided about the weight. How accurate can it have been. I have heard so many things now from people that work in the refuse industry saying its never accurate. Anything can go wrong on weights. Its not an exact calculation by any means. 11kg is literally nothing. I can pick that up with 1 arm. A massive paper bin which only had 11kg in it for all them shops that share it. No way.

Yes, it's very frustrating, my main reason for not thinking he was in the bin isn't scientific it's just imo the total unlikeliness of something like that happening and either no one noticed or they did and a cover up has been maintained for over 7 weeks

Young men don't check in with each other every day as they assume they're all big and hard enough to look after themselves. It's not like they all shared bunk beds and lived in each other pockets - Corrie had his own accommodation.

I'd guess some people did wonder where he was but figured he had gone off with a lady or was staying elsewhere with friends. When he didn't report for duty that's when it only became obvious there was something very wrong.

Did he live off-camp? If he lived in the accommodation blocks on camp they are essentially bedrooms with ensuite in a big block with common rooms like kitchen, TV room etc in my experience the majority leave their rooms unlocked and come and go like you were all living in one big house. Maybe Airmen are different but soldiers live that way for the most part. Some are more private than others obviously.

We had a suicide on camp last year, it took TWO HOURS for his mates to raise the alarm and call the Duty Sergeant because they'd not seen him since going back to his room after breakfast, wasn't responding to messages and he wouldn't answer his locked door. Unfortunately he was found dead in his room.

On the flipside, a few years ago my friend's husband killed himself in their married quarters after she'd walked out on him after an argument. His boss and colleagues and relevant departments knew he was a bit fragile. He finished work on the Thursday afternoon, a long weekend was granted over a Summer Bank Holiday, he wasn't found until the Tuesday when he didn't tip up for work. This still makes me angry but is more understandable as he was at home, in his married quarter, 45 minutes from camp not living in a communal block with I imagine at least 20 other people.

Granted it was the weekend and a lot of people go home if they're posted in the UK and maybe they thought he had but did nobody he worked and lived with even try to contact him in those few days? In this day and age where people talk to their mates all day every day (yes, even blokes do it) nobody sent him a message asking how his head was or wondering where he was? I hope they did but it doesn't sound like anybody realised the poor guy was missing.

Sorry, went off on a bit of a tangent there. It's just upsetting that it took so long for the alarm to be raised. I wonder if it would change anything if it had been done soon :-(

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....ing-bins-refuse-collectors-warn?client=safari

And Biffa staff are under alot of pressure to make sure they do all the checks... read link! Maybe the driver was to scared to report it! People panic and do strange out of character things when they are in a situation where they could be at fault. Then might regret it later but its gone to far for them to come out with the truth.

I could be way off here...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....ing-bins-refuse-collectors-warn?client=safari

And Biffa staff are under alot of pressure to make sure they do all the checks... read link! Maybe the driver was to scared to report it! People panic and do strange out of character things when they are in a situation where they could be at fault. Then might regret it later but its gone to far for them to come out with the truth.

I could be way off here...

Look at the tram crash the other day, first thing the driver did was say he blacked out which is seemingly untrue. And that was before he knew 7 people had been killed. He couldn't just sweep it all under the carpet in the dark and quiet of an early morning like it never happened but maybe he would have given the chance........

With respect though it doesn't matter what most people would do, we know that Corrie did it, I can't see any way that this could be connected to his disappearance but would be interested if you have a theory that links the two,

I was going off somebody suggesting he may have been crying in the unreleased doorway footage. But even so, maybe a couple of cans of beer while chatting to his brother I could see but if he was sat there drinking straight vodka out of the bottle I think he could give an insight into his state of mind.

I wonder if he still had his car keys or could one of his mates have taken them off him so he couldn't drive home, then he also couldn't sleep in the car? this is a nightmare, I really hope there's some news for the family soon!

I was going off somebody suggesting he may have been crying in the unreleased doorway footage. But even so, maybe a couple of cans of beer while chatting to his brother I could see but if he was sat there drinking straight vodka out of the bottle I think he could give an insight into his state of mind.

I've seen that suggested too on facebook, do you know if it came from a family update or are the posters there speculating?

Haven't seen anything from the family. Darroch said that Corrie was in a great mood when they chatted at the first news conference.

I wonder if he still had his car keys or could one of his mates have taken them off him so he couldn't drive home, then he also couldn't sleep in the car? this is a nightmare, I really hope there's some news for the family soon!

That could have happened but if it did they must have taken them quite early on in the evening as the FAQs say his friends didn't know he'd left the nightclub. It would be really good to hear from the friends to see if that's the sort of thing they did for each other.

It's not something I've come across before but could well be common amongst young men

Haven't seen anything from the family. Darroch said that Corrie was in a great mood when they chatted at the first news conference.

I remember that too, I think the possibilty of crying is just a facebook suggestion

JMO

I've seen that suggested too on facebook, do you know if it came from a family update or are the posters there speculating?

No, first reference I saw was a few pages back. I don't particularly buy into it, to be honest but nothing else makes sense in this case so it's another avenue to explore so to speak.

This case though shows that if it does happen it's obvious when the bin load gets to where ever it's going.

Without going into any details it's not going to be something you can hide. If the driver did pick up a person in a bin and the person is unable to call for help at the time the bin is being tipped in what would be the trigger for the driver somewhere along the route to the landfill to realise that someone is in the back.?

Not being arguementative but trying to brainstorm what might have happened

Another interesting quote from Nicola re the 1100 hours of CCTV:

"They haven't viewed it all yet. That is just how much they have" (posted 1 hour ago)

I was under the impression that the relevant CCTV had all been viewed, but apparently not. The media headlines were e.g. "Corrie McKeague: 1,100 hours of CCTV viewed in hunt for serviceman" which is a teensy bit misleading!!

That is misleading, all the direct info from the family and police I've seen says that the job is unfinished and the FAQs confirm that

I guess, as I can't see how the bin driver can get someone who's injured out of the back of the lorry, that either a person would have to be missed and gone to the landfill...though it's been suggested here that it's not something that could be missed, or the driver didn't see Corrie in the loading bay and there was an accident, the driver panicked and put Corrie into the passenger seat in the cab and then dumped him elsewhere.

If there was an accident of that nature, would there still be forensic traces in the loading bay by tht time the police sent a forensics team out there? This goes for anything that might have happened in the loading bay, really, including a fight with an unknown assailant. If any incident involved blood, would that still be traceable after however many days it took for the forensics team to arrive?

This case though shows that if it does happen it's obvious when the bin load gets to where ever it's going.

Without going into any details it's not going to be something you can hide. If the driver did pick up a person in a bin and the person is unable to call for help at the time the bin is being tipped in what would be the trigger for the driver somewhere along the route to the landfill to realise that someone is in the back.?

Not being arguementative but trying to brainstorm what might have happened

....and that is why my speculative assessment in my previous post is an important read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur