UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I also get the 'band of brothers' feeling from the RAF around here, and also from friends married to army guys.

I was just thinking of something like driving someone drunk out into the country and leaving them without their clothes as a laugh, and not intending anything other than a story that's laughed at for months after, including by the person who was the 'victim'. But things like that can go wrong?

It is doubtful, but so many things that have been conjectured are doubtful, and thank God are all extremely rare occurrences.

Nah. Nothing's that extreme. Most of it is drinking. In Germany quite often drink a 'boot' of beer. There was that terrible incident whereby the young lad died after drinking a 'top shelf' but that has stopped and honestly, they're not monsters. Worst that happens if they don't finish the shots/boot/drink they get 'crated' which means they are fined a crate of beer or whatever. 99% are really good people who look after each other. They are incredibly protective of each other and genuinely love each other like sister/brothers.

(Sorry if I am sometimes evasive but I have to try to remember what I'm allowed to say and what is restricted, we get security briefings obviously and not always for public consumption and after as long as I've been married to the Army word gets around fast as we're all spread around the world so I discount somethings quite quickly as I'd of heard about that by now)

Me too. I think its only natural to want to protect to your child/brother/nephew from the negative media and criticism hense them minimising/sometimes being completely irrational with their statements such as thinking he wouldn't leave the dog.

Very much so. I suspect that in the early days, when they genuinely expected to find Corrie alive, they were very circumspect about saying things that he might have to live down afterwards. Then, as time went on and it became obvious he would not be found alive, it was too late to come clean about all the stuff they'd been holding back on or denying for weeks.

Incidentally, not very scientific at all but I asked my husband what he thought happened and he said 'in the bin' and I said 'he got in the bin?' - 'Yes, he was pissed, he got in the bin' and screwed his face up at me as if to say 'you don't think he would do that?'.

I've not seen his Instagram, is there a link?

I was going to black out some friends of mine group photos as an example of dress etc is pretty normal but because Websleuths is such a huge Google hit it seems unfair. You'd maybe be surprised what straight squaddies do to each other and that's the girls too. In the nicest possible way, because I love them, they're not your usual early 20 somethings.

Here's the link for you....

besides the pictures check out some of the comments from men who are obviously into him.

http://instagram.com/corrie_mckeague

Yes, I also get the 'band of brothers' feeling from the RAF around here, and also from friends married to army guys.

I was just thinking of something like driving someone drunk out into the country and leaving them without their clothes as a laugh, and not intending anything other than a story that's laughed at for months after, including by the person who was the 'victim'. But things like that can go wrong?

It is doubtful, but so many things that have been conjectured are doubtful, and thank God are all extremely rare occurrences.

Got to be honest, was thinking earlier and I'm surprised this is the first time this has happened. And as for falling asleep in a doorway regularly....my female soldier friend does it frequently too. I really wish I could share photos of typical 'squaddie' nights out (or in for that matter) but obviously I can't. They're arseholes to each other but essentially really do look out for each other. A lot of young soldiers now, in my experience, have joined because frankly nobody else give a toss about them. This is their family.

Incidentally, not very scientific at all but I asked my husband what he thought happened and he said 'in the bin' and I said 'he got in the bin?' - 'Yes, he was pissed, he got in the bin' and screwed his face up at me as if to say 'you don't think he would do that?'.

It was almost 4 hours since he'd drunk. Since that time he'd eaten a stodgy meal for two, had two hours sleep in the fresh air...and was able to jog down that alley. He wasn't drunk when he went into the bin area....possibly still over the legal drive limit...but not drunk. And why would he go in a bin..if wasn't raining? If he'd wanted to get in a bin he'd have done that from the outset.

Nicola has posted (about 30 mins ago) that she'll ask the police for an update re dark clothing CCTV question... eyes peeled for a further update, everyone!

Some of his posts on facebook allude to death/not being around any more: Also lots that just make no sense. It would surprise me if there were no mental health issues but I could be totally wrong. Could be nothing to do with the disappearance but hope that it is being looked into- he clearly has at least has had struggles in the past. Here is a handful of his posts for those not on f/b. Lots of people have posted concerned comments on his posts.

Worth noting though that those FB posts were all 5 or so years ago - when he was still a teenager.

Some of his posts on facebook allude to death/not being around any more: Also lots that just make no sense. It would surprise me if there were no mental health issues but I could be totally wrong. Could be nothing to do with the disappearance but hope that it is being looked into- he clearly has at least has had struggles in the past. Here is a handful of his posts for those not on f/b. Lots of people have posted concerned comments on his posts.

<modsnip>

Are those Corrie's posts on facebook? Am I right that you've copied them from him page? If so I'd sat they were written by a different person to the instagram posts which although short appear to be spelled and punctuated correctly

Are those Corrie's posts on facebook? Am I right that you've copied them from him page? If so I'd sat they were written by a different person to the instagram posts which although short appear to be spelled and punctuated correctly

instagram posts were written by adult Corrie
facebook posts were written by teenage Corrie

His mum replied to some of those comments on FB and she doesn't sound worried. I think it's just teenage Corrie being daft.

Here's the link for you....

besides the pictures check out some of the comments from men who are obviously into him.

http://instagram.com/corrie_mckeague

I don't have instagram and that's the first time I've seen these, if I knew nothing about the person who'd posted them I would think they were gay but maybe this is how all 20 something men post on their page.

What also strikes me from the photos is how strong Corrie must be, even a little drunk you'd think it would take more than one person to over power him without some kind of weapon or struggle

It was almost 4 hours since he'd drunk. Since that time he'd eaten a stodgy meal for two, had two hours sleep in the fresh air...and was able to jog down that alley. He wasn't drunk when he went into the bin area....possibly still over the legal drive limit...but not drunk. And why would he go in a bin..if wasn't raining? If he'd wanted to get in a bin he'd have done that from the outset.

Do we know what he'd drunk or how much? Do we know he kept his epic meal down? I don't know about anybody else but if I'm drunk (and I do like a drink) I feel worse with little sleep than I do with none especially if I've been drinking shots, Jagerbombs, to if I was just drinking beer.

Maybe he dropped his phone in the bin and went in to fish it out?

There were some posts on Corrie's FB page that came from an app that makes up crazy statuses, are you sure all of those were written by him and aren't from that app?

ETA it's also possible that his brothers might go into his room when the computer's on and Corrie's gone downstairs or into the bathroom, and left silly messages on Corrie's page to make Corrie look silly...just brotherly ribbing.

Tbh, I am actually at the point now were I am considering leaving the FB group. Nothing makes sense about Corries disappearance and it's actually starting to do my head in on a daily basis. I hope he is found soon for the family's sake and for all our sakes also spending our spare time mulling over tid bits...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

instagram posts were written by adult Corrie
facebook posts were written by teenage Corrie

His mum replied to some of those comments on FB and she doesn't sound worried. I think it's just teenage Corrie being daft.

Thanks, that would explain the difference, the RAF must have taught him well

As an example of stupid things drunk people do, our resident 'social hand grenade' LCpl who has not long picked up rank and struggled to get it in the first place tried to dry hump the RSM in front of his wife in the Sgt's Mess on Remembrance Sunday yesterday........

P.s SAS who dares wins at 9pm tonight...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As an example of stupid things drunk people do, our resident 'social hand grenade' LCpl who has not long picked up rank and struggled to get it in the first place tried to dry hump the RSM in front of his wife in the Sgt's Mess on Remembrance Sunday yesterday........

So if we assume that Corrie stupidly did get into the bin I have some questions

- did he go directly to the landfill site

- did Biffa lie about the weight

- did the Biffa equipment malfunction and they genuinely believe it to be 11kg

- has no one noticed anything add at the landfill

or

- is there some very sucessful cover up still on going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member