UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorn or dodgy plates suggests intent?

Not necessarily if the car is not involved in what happened to Corrie. It would just be one of the thousands of such cars on the roads. If it is involved and the person driving did something to Corrie then
he would be a criminal. Criminals don't tend to do things by the book like have a fully legit car....

Thanks. I know that site and must have missed it....

The tracing the car means they now want to find the car and owner to have a word? If they did get the reg and that reg number showed the car to be SORN or otherwise have no registered keeper then finding it now would be tricky. Or maybe it is on foreign plates?

But then they would know
1. what time the car left and
2. who got in it
It was said they don't know that. I don't know if they do or not.

I can only say,

I doubt Corrie knew what ultimately would happen that night....
...so, he has no need to hide.

And it is likely he didn't know he would be out of the club early.

A wait ? A meeting ? A movement somewhere ? All possible.

To be honest, I think the whole nights events from start to finish are very very odd. From leaving camp late on a friday, we know they knock off half day. Drinking in his car first. Going to 2 bars before going onto the night club which would have been short lived. Buying a huge amount of food for 1 person. Playing Rock Paper Scissors which is odd for a man of his age. Turned down a lift with the Jehovah's Witness in the clear as day Jehovah's status t shirt (I researched this t shirt and meaning online, very interesting) To make it clear I dont have a problem with Jehovah's Witnesses...

Then walked and sat in a random doorway, fell asleep. Theres plenty of benches he could have sat on.

Got up, sent txt. Lingered for 20 odd minutes. Walked into bin area.

Vanished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we've hit the point where without new information we are at a road block.

Regardless of motives, whys and how's he got into a vehicle and is now gone. I think considering the mess of information it's pretty good we've ascertained that much!

There's clearly activity lately that suggests people know more, whether that's the vehicle, his phone, where he is or what's happened, I guess we'll find out soon enough.

All this activity going on in that area :/?
I've walked home from the town at 2am and not passed a single person and had maybe 2 or 3 cars go past and on a main road I'm talking about in a town where 'nothing happens'.
Obviously I don't know my town as well as I thought I did, it seems all the activity goes on in dead end backstreets after 3am if we are believing what we are being led to believe.

Thanks. I know that site and must have missed it....

The tracing the car means they now want to find the car and owner to have a word? If they did get the reg and that reg number showed the car to be SORN or otherwise have no registered keeper then finding it now would be tricky. Or maybe it is on foreign plates?

It seems that 1 car in every 12 is using false numberplates:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/news/one-in-12-cars-have-cloned-number-plates/

That's about 1.75 million vehicles.

Apparently there was a lot of police presence in the town today.

Would be interesting to hear if any specific cars are being pulled over recently to in the area.

@DC

I look at it like this.

If you take what has been said (and stated) it seems that corrie got into a vehicle in one of two areas willingly and then travelled somewhere.

He probably travelled towards Barton Mills.

That's kinda bringing us back towards the gay hookup place at the Barton Mills lorry park/picnic area, and a vehicle that was eiter slightly ahead of or behind the bin lorry that started the whole sorry lorry saga.

With this hypothesis he had his phone with him when he travelled from BSE to BM but something happened there. Maybe it all got out of hand, he was separated from his phone which eventually was destroyed or the battery went flat.

But IF this was the case we end up back where we were quite a while ago - why go to a gay hookup site in the company of another male unless the intention was to have sex with more than the person you arrived with?

I guess the car could have been stolen, or it was intentionally set up to get someone seeing as the article refers to organised crime.

I don't know too much about dogging but I thought people used sites not just to join in but to watch? I would assume if it's a credible theory someone in the community would know someone and you'd expect reasonably that the third party had frequented the dogging area if not once then several times before.

Did he eat dinner before he went out?

No dinner could equal both rapid intoxication and buying lots of takeaway to soak it up.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

I don't know too much about dogging but I thought people used sites not just to join in but to watch? I would assume if it's a credible theory someone in the community would know someone and you'd expect reasonably that the third party had frequented the dogging area if not once then several times before.

Yes, there is very much a spectator element to this. Some of those attending are "performing" and the rest the audience.

I figured the rock, paper, scissors was maybe for the slice of pizza? The USAF guy did say that Corrie had a slice of his pizza, so maybe they said if Corrie wins he gets a slice of pizza and if he loses he doesn't?

I am still unclear where this info about the lift has come from? But this is the first mention I've seen of a Jehovah's Witness t-shirt? I thought the t-shirt was a band?

I would think maybe you sit in a doorway, instead of a bench, in order to get of a chill wind? And nothing happened while he was in the doorway, because the CCTV could see him, and he walked out of the doorway unharmed, so it probably was a relatively simple reason for that decision. Even if there are groups of drunk people coming out of pubs and clubs, I think a doorway is a preferable option to a bench in the middle of the street.

But I do agree that it's not like patterned behaviour where a stalker could target a particular person from their regular movements. We just don't know how much to focus on Corrie, but we have no way to focus on any other person. Knowing what Corrie would likely do in a particular situation is important, so I'm not saying it's not important, but it does mean that we could easily be focusing on something that's completely irrelevant to what ended up happening from the turn into the horseshoe and thereafter. But there's nothing else we can do except for go over the same thing until we get corrected.

To be honest, I think the whole nights events from start to finish are very very odd. From leaving camp late on a friday, we know they knock off half day. Drinking in his car first. Going to 2 bars before going onto the night club which would have been short lived. Buying a huge amount of food for 1 person. Playing Rock Paper Scissors which is odd for a man of his age. Turned down a lift with the Jehovah's Witness in the clear as day Jehovah's status t shirt (I researched this t shirt and meaning online, very interesting) To make it clear I dont have a problem with Jehovah's Witnesses...

Then walked and sat in a random doorway, fell asleep. Theres plenty of benches he could have sat on.

Got up, sent txt. Lingered for 20 odd minutes. Walked into bin area.

Vanished.

So his intentions may not have been to participate in anything sexual himself assuming this is the case.

I think if this has happened there would be a bigger possibility of more witnesses and potential for anyone committing a crime to be caught. Recent developments seem to be refocusing on bury and nearby surrounding areas.

The issue I have with the families portrayal of Corrie is that it's not consistent. Much was made of him not sleeping in his car because of the legalities of it, but he was drinking in his car prior and most likely urinated in the street. He would accept a lift from strangers, why would he not get a taxi? He would have walked home but has never done it before?

It's hard to gauge what is normal for him when it appears information is so conflicted.

Why play a game for someone's pizza when he then brought his own?

Is this the layby on the way to barton Mills?
Is used to be a meeting place for Gay men,10 or so years ago a gay man was found murdered in woods at that lay by if we are talking about the same one, I'm sure no one was arrested either.

Appearances can be deceptive? You don't know where that car that passed you is going? You don't know what's going on behind closed curtains in that house you walked by. And on a weekend night, those things are even more opened up, with more people entering into a 'darker' world of things like sex and drugs that no one else in their day life is aware of.

I'm not trying to be dramatic, but just to say that just because of the time of night, you can assume everyone's tucked up in their beds, and really there's a lot more going on?

All this activity going on in that area :/?
I've walked home from the town at 2am and not passed a single person and had maybe 2 or 3 cars go past and on a main road I'm talking about in a town where 'nothing happens'.
Obviously I don't know my town as well as I thought I did, it seems all the activity goes on in dead end backstreets after 3am if we are believing what we are being led to believe.

Is this the layby on the way to barton Mills?
Is used to be a meeting place for Gay men,10 or so years ago a gay man was found murdered in woods at that lay by if we are talking about the same one, I'm sure no one was arrested either.

I couldn't tell you, I live in Norfolk closer to honington. It may well be apparently it's well known in that area?

The issue I have with the families portrayal of Corrie is that it's not consistent. Much was made of him not sleeping in his car because of the legalities of it, but he was drinking in his car prior and most likely urinated in the street. He would accept a lift from strangers, why would he not get a taxi? He would have walked home but has never done it before?

It's hard to gauge what is normal for him when it appears information is so conflicted.

Why play a game for someone's pizza when he then brought his own?

Nail on head.

None of this is helping to #FindCorrie. Urgh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966