UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing that makes me doubt the teenagers were involved is that a car must have been involved due to the speed of his pings. Not many teenagers can afford a car.

I still also think there is a chance someone older was involved along with the teenagers or it was just someone else entirely and the teenagers are actually irrelevant. Part of me thinks it could have been one of his mates, it does seem he was waiting around for someone.

I think the fresh searches could be down to extensive mapping of every phone ping in the BSE & Barton Mills areas that morning. It takes a lot of time to work through a huge amount of data and narrow down the important pings.

attachment.php

This is a suggested distance that could have been covered towards Honington whilst inebriated. Note the timings.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    259.9 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    277.1 KB · Views: 175
Thank you for posting that, it now clears up my confusion on the timings.
We now have it confirmed that Corrie arrived in BSE around 10 but didn't join his friends until about 11. I don't think it has any bearing on what happened later but it's got to have a loose end tied up. FWIW I don't see a problem with having a drink in your car as long as you don't drive it afterwards (no need to tell me it's illegal, I know that, but not a huge deal imo).

It is a bit strange to be drinking in your car on a saturday night when your mates are in a pub nearby. Perhaps he was in a huff with his mates and vented to his brother. I wonder did he often "drink and dial" or was he having some kind of meltdown in his car? If he was in an emotional state it could explain how an argument of some sort broke out that night.

Somewhat nervous, first time user here so please go easy!
My feelings are that the police have a very good idea of what happened and by whom.
However they don't have clear visual evidence or (sadly) a body and obviously, without those things, well....
The police/family have, quite rightly, withheld a lot of CCTV and information but if you read between the lines, look at the carefully selected bits of information that have actually been released into the public domain and the way appeals have been made and lines of enquiry followed by the family, my feeling would be that the teenagers are likely to be key to Corries demise & disposal.
Nicola has been going to schools, this isn't a normal course of action to take, rather I feel it is an appeal to the perpetrators and/or friends of the perpetrators. A psychological way of scaring or guilt-tripping someone into coming forward.
I also feel that some misinformation may have been given out, in some way, to trip the perpetrators up. Whether that's in conversation with others or in a police interview.
I feel the police have plenty of CCTV footage, enough to give them a clear idea of what happened but of such poor quality that it is unusable without solid evidence.
Somewhere in the last few weeks I read that the teenagers in one CCTV release had been traced & questioned, however, nothing was ever released regarding them having been "eliminated from their enquiries".
I'm sure that during the interviews, the police would have picked up on notable body language and suspiciously scripted responses.
Anyway, those are my thoughts, just putting it out there.
I just wish someone would have the balls to come forward, as a parent myself, my heart breaks for this poor family.

Welcome and good first post.

I agree that there could well be something we don't know that has prompted the visits to the school

You are right that the police haven't publically confirmed that the teens have been eliminated from the enquiry

It is almost certain that at least one of the 3 would have had a phone with them so hoprefully the police will be able to use ping info and CCTV to track their movements

It is a bit strange to be drinking in your car on a saturday night when your mates are in a pub nearby. Perhaps he was in a huff with his mates and vented to his brother. I wonder did he often "drink and dial" or was he having some kind of meltdown in his car? If he was in an emotional state it could explain how an argument of some sort broke out that night.

With respect we don't know if it was strange behaviour for Corrie, it may have been something did regularly. We don't know if he happened to have the drink already in the car and thought he might as well drink it whilst chatting to his brother or maybe his brother rang and he knew it would be a long chat so he went to an off licence and bought the alcohol.

I agree though that it could indicate that he had something on his mind that he wanted to discuss or possibly his brother needed to talk and Corrie was happy to catch up with his friends later. I think I remember that his brother made the call but I've already looked for the original post about the convo and couldn't find it

attachment.php

This is a suggested distance and direction that could have been covered towards BSE/HN whilst sobering up. Note the timings.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    228 KB · Views: 170
attachment.php

Now ain't that interesting? This image is an overlay image I've been working on since I joined the forum.

The image overlay with a green area boundary is where I originally THOUGHT he might be found.
The red lined image overlay is where I THOUGHT the bin lorries journey was.
The multi coloured overlay is a 3G Vodafone image showing coverage for mobile phones.

They ALL seem to correlate within the bounds of the green image!!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    38.7 KB · Views: 168
Newbie.....so please go easy on me;;
I have seen it stated on here,that Corrie was playing catch up ?
Yet, Corrie's mum on the radio podcast states
"He's been seen on his night out everywhere,,in the 3 pubs he's gone to with his friends,there's not a part of his evening,thats not been covered by CCTV.....At 1.00am,well just after 1.00am,he leaves Flex.....
So,he was in 3 pubs before Flex ?
First time i have seen that.......sorry if everyone else has
unable to post link,but link to radio interview posted by cj357........on #2..............post #999........if that makes sense

If everything before that time is on cctv what have we not seen that is after?? I think they have more footage of him we are not privy to. He couldn't have just fallen off the grid!! MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If everything before that time is on cctv what have we not seen that is after?? I think they have more footage of him we are not privy to. He couldn't have just fallen off the grid!! MOO
No they don't have any cctv of him after 3.25am, his family have stated this and I can't see any reason why they'd not mention further footage.

take another look at this image MissUnderstood. It shows the non domestic CCTV camera locations in the area concerned. It is assumed that Corrie left BSE via Shortbrackland as there is NO CCTV coverage along that route apart from household CCTV system. He apparently did NOT appear on any other CCTV system. The theory at the moment (which I agree with) is that he walked partially up Shortbrackland out of site and entered a vehicle to an unknown location.
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    80.8 KB · Views: 167
take another look at this image MissUnderstood. It shows the non domestic CCTV camera locations in the area concerned. It is assumed that Corrie left BSE via Shortbrackland as there is NO CCTV coverage along that route apart from household CCTV system. He apparently did NOT appear on any other CCTV system. The theory at the moment (which I agree with) is that he walked partially up Shortbrackland out of site and entered a vehicle to an unknown location.
attachment.php

Makes more sense now. Thanks

The only thing that makes me doubt the teenagers were involved is that a car must have been involved due to the speed of his pings. Not many teenagers can afford a car.

Seems to me plenty of teenagers have cars, going by the rammed car parks at my local schools! If not, they have access to one.

I used to live over in East Anglia and while that was ~20 years ago, I doubt public transport has improved since then. Where I was, it was 4/5 miles to a cinema, further to a nightclub - if you didn't have a friend with a car, you didn't go anywhere except the same pub as your dad and his mates. I wouldn't rule out teenagers at all.

Somewhat nervous, first time user here so please go easy!
My feelings are that the police have a very good idea of what happened and by whom.
However they don't have clear visual evidence or (sadly) a body and obviously, without those things, well....
The police/family have, quite rightly, withheld a lot of CCTV and information but if you read between the lines, look at the carefully selected bits of information that have actually been released into the public domain and the way appeals have been made and lines of enquiry followed by the family, my feeling would be that the teenagers are likely to be key to Corries demise & disposal.
Nicola has been going to schools, this isn't a normal course of action to take, rather I feel it is an appeal to the perpetrators and/or friends of the perpetrators. A psychological way of scaring or guilt-tripping someone into coming forward.
I also feel that some misinformation may have been given out, in some way, to trip the perpetrators up. Whether that's in conversation with others or in a police interview.
I feel the police have plenty of CCTV footage, enough to give them a clear idea of what happened but of such poor quality that it is unusable without solid evidence.
Somewhere in the last few weeks I read that the teenagers in one CCTV release had been traced & questioned, however, nothing was ever released regarding them having been "eliminated from their enquiries".
I'm sure that during the interviews, the police would have picked up on notable body language and suspiciously scripted responses.
Anyway, those are my thoughts, just putting it out there.
I just wish someone would have the balls to come forward, as a parent myself, my heart breaks for this poor family.

I fully agree that I think the police have a good idea of what's happened but they just need the all crucial evidence. I don't think for a minute the poor lad is alive either. I think the police are being vague in the hopes of the perpetrators becoming complacent and slipping up thinking they've got away with it. Horrendous for the family having to wait but eventually the truth will out.

I would say thet it's strange as he was running late, I would normally just Park and try and find my mates, he was running late and his mates were already in the pub, i think that he knows that this would probably be his last night out in the town, reason unknown, phones his brother for on hour, by still drinking, this looks like the last night out so I'm going to sort my dog out with my brother. Have the last dance in the club then get a massive takeaway from my favourite place, it's all as if he has planned the night right from the start.

I would say thet it's strange as he was running late, I would normally just Park and try and find my mates, he was running late and his mates were already in the pub, i think that he knows that this would probably be his last night out in the town, reason unknown, phones his brother for on hour, by still drinking, this looks like the last night out so I'm going to sort my dog out with my brother. Have the last dance in the club then get a massive takeaway from my favourite place, it's all as if he has planned the night right from the start.
Something doesn't add up, well lots of things. But to add to your post of his final night out- no one noticed he was missing, as his dog was fed and watered enough, not to start whining and pawing at the door. Due to the time lapsed, I can no longer confirm the posts - but Nicola was asked why nobody noticed his dog was alone in the block, it didn't whine or cry - one can only assume it had plenty of food and water.

An hour long drunken chat with his brother while sat in a car park... his last message being a pic of him and his brother together ... I am wondering how he was actually feeling that night?

No idea. I assume Cannon Street. But the silver car could have driven "up" Brentgrovel.

Like much of his case, we are not given "total facts". And I think it is "sad" that we have to prove them ourselves.

Yes I agree cannon street and onto the roundabout.

When Corrie looks back on the second cctv could it possibly related to a car i.e. a starting engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member