UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie.....so please go easy on me;;
I have seen it stated on here,that Corrie was playing catch up ?
Yet, Corrie's mum on the radio podcast states
"He's been seen on his night out everywhere,,in the 3 pubs he's gone to with his friends,there's not a part of his evening,thats not been covered by CCTV.....At 1.00am,well just after 1.00am,he leaves Flex.....
So,he was in 3 pubs before Flex ?
First time i have seen that.......sorry if everyone else has
unable to post link,but link to radio interview posted by cj357........on #2..............post #999........if that makes sense

"He's been seen on his night out everywhere,,in the 3 pubs he's gone to with his friends,there's not a part of his evening,thats not been covered by CCTV.....At 1.00am,well just after 1.00am,he leaves Flex.....
unable to post link,but link to radio interview posted by cj357........on #2..............post #999........if that makes sense

Hi Watch&learn,
welcome to the group. It was I that made that statement based on what's been learned already and insider knowledge of the group social system. Playing catch up doesn't necessarily mean the amount of pubs you enter, more the amount of drinks needed to 'catch up' the the consumption quote of the rest of the group.

Do you have a link please so we can confirm the 'three pubs' statement?

Agree - I don't think I've seen anything that suggests or confirms that he was playing catch up.

For anyone who missed it, this is the radio interview mentioned by watch&learn.

We also have a previous quote by Nicola on social media: "Corrie sat on his phone for an hour drinking and talking. Then 3 hours drinking in the pubs. And corrie isn't a princess that drinks slowly. That is why he was unsteady on his feet."

So, just sounds like a steady 4 hours of drinking to me!

I think the confusion has come from an early family statement that he arrived by car in BSE around 11pm which, when combined with the fact that he left Flex around 1am, only suggested 2 hours of drinking time. I haven't seen this arrival time mentioned officially lately, so it may have just been an error in the initial facts - i.e. he may have arrived in town earlier (or may have been drinking before he headed to BSE).

Hi Watch&learn,
welcome to the group. It was I that made that statement based on what's been learned already and insider knowledge of the group social system. Playing catch up doesn't necessarily mean the amount of pubs you enter, more the amount of drinks needed to 'catch up' the the consumption quote of the rest of the group.

Do you have a link please so we can confirm the 'three pubs' statement?
I am new here,so still trying to work my way round the site........it was on the #2 thread..which has now been closed,so i am unsure how to post link..........but if you work your way back,the link to the radio interview was post number #999,,and posted by cj357
hope that helps

Well Nicola spoke at the local college, as well as on the Mildenhall radio, I believe - so she must have a reason for doing so. It could be just another avenue of spreading the word.

Or maybe she suspects another soldier's involvement and thinks a girlfriend or hookup at the college might come forward. I don't know, just speculating.

Her being very keen to speak to the local colleges/schools is an interesting point that we haven't so far discussed. She wanetd to contact the heads of the schools on the Friday they finsihed for the half term break, the feeling I got was that there was some urgency to this request but I haven't seen any explanation for why she thought this would be a useful thing to do.

It could be related to the arguing teens, otherwise I wouldn't think people of that age would be about in the middle of the night to have any direct information

A couple of weeks ago it was suggested on FB that it might be worthwhile to quiz boy racers who are apparently on the roads around town into the early morning hours.

Nicola responded to this idea to address college/school kids and appeal to these teens who were out hooning around and could possibly have seen something useful.

It could be try and reach the boy racers but ime in England they tend to be older than school age, the introduction of compulsory black boxes for new drivers would make it almost impossible for someone at a school or college to be out that late drving recklessly (or at least to do it more than once)

Agree - I don't think I've seen anything that suggests or confirms that he was playing catch up.

For anyone who missed it, this is the radio interview mentioned by watch&learn.

We also have a previous quote by Nicola on social media: "Corrie sat on his phone for an hour drinking and talking. Then 3 hours drinking in the pubs. And corrie isn't a princess that drinks slowly. That is why he was unsteady on his feet."

So, just sounds like a steady 4 hours of drinking to me!

I think the confusion has come from an early family statement that he arrived by car in BSE around 11pm which, when combined with the fact that he left Flex around 1am, only suggested 2 hours of drinking time. I haven't seen this arrival time mentioned officially lately, so it may have just been an error in the initial facts - i.e. he may have arrived in town earlier (or may have been drinking before he headed to BSE).

I think I may have posted this question on a previous thread but I'm still puzzled about Corries time or arrival in BSE, I can't find it now but his brother definitely said in the early days that he didn't get there until around 11pm, I see no reason for him to have got this wrong and I wonder why this bit of information is hard to confirm. Unless his arrival time has some bearing on what happened to him later why the secrecy? It doesn't help possible witnesses if they don't know what time he was there from and it's something they know from the CCTV - why not just say what time it was?

So I've been looking at videos of what are similar but older model CCTV cameras used by BSE council and they are scarily impressive:

[video=youtube;iLkUY4FJP84]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLkUY4FJP84[/video]

The camera movements/tracking/zooming are completely automatic/pre-configured.

I think JamesKing questioned whether camera 09 could see the Silver car parked outside Hughes and I think the video shows that it could because of the range of movement these dome cameras have as well as the intelligent/auto tracking
they can do.

I think I may have posted this question on a previous thread but I'm still puzzled about Corries time or arrival in BSE, I can't find it now but his brother definitely said in the early days that he didn't get there until around 11pm, I see no reason for him to have got this wrong and I wonder why this bit of information is hard to confirm. Unless his arrival time has some bearing on what happened to him later why the secrecy? It doesn't help possible witnesses if they don't know what time he was there from and it's something they know from the CCTV - why not just say what time it was?

The only thing I can think of is maybe that he arrived in Flex at 11pm, rather than arriving in BSE at that time, and this information got muddled somewhere along the way. Everything the family 'knows' about that night has come from other people (since none of the family were there) so it could have been a simple mixup.

I disagree. You seem obsessed with the reason why he was waiting, I don't understand how you know with conviction he was. To me he just nodded off, access of alcohol & food = snooze.
I haven't read the threads in a couple of days but I think offcams razor is being ignored, and it's going a little Hollywood in here

We are of the opinion that every facet of this case needs looking at in depth. Including the 'wait'. Consider the moments up to the 'wait' and it may give you some insight into why and his intentions thereafter (ie vehiclur egress of the area or pedestrian egress of the area). The 'wait' (or the reason thereof) is a very important line of enquiry to pursue.

So I've been looking at videos of what are similar but older model CCTV cameras used by BSE council and they are scarily impressive:

[video=youtube;iLkUY4FJP84]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLkUY4FJP84[/video]

The camera movements/tracking/zooming are completely automatic/pre-configured.

I think JamesKing questioned whether camera 09 could see the Silver car parked outside Hughes and I think the video shows that it could because of the range of movement these dome cameras have as well as the intelligent/auto tracking
they can do.

However the impressive the quality of the cameras and auto-tracking this case illustrates the key shortcomings of rotations and black spots sadly

I don't know if I missed this on the previous thread but it is news to me: http://www.buryfreepress.co.uk/news...est-suffolk-college-for-information-1-7669136

So now the timeline is back to arriving at 22:00 in Bury and parking on Robert Boby Way. I have to ask why such basic details are changing after such a long time?

I don't think you missed it, I haven't seen it either.

It answers my question just above about what time he got to Bury (why did the brother get it so wrong?) and where the car was parked which I've never seen stated yet. It also strikes me that Nicola says he could have slept in the car which contradicts what posters on the first thread were pretty adamant he wouldn't have done.

This doesn't change my view that there was no meeting arranged for post 3am

However the impressive the quality of the cameras and auto-tracking this case illustrates the key shortcomings of rotations and black spots sadly

Well I think that a little unfair, Suzy. It seems like all the cameras tracked him throughout BSE (Nicola has said he's seen all round BSE) all the way to the point he goes to the bins. It is just unfortunate at that point it is the beginning of the residential area and that means no camera down there I guess?

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 277
attachment.php

Note the one way systems above Corries last known position (ie above Shortbrackland).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 188
Well I think that a little unfair, Suzy. It seems like all the cameras tracked him throughout BSE (Nicola has said he's seen all round BSE) all the way to the point he goes to the bins. It is just unfortunate at that point it is the beginning of the residential area and that means no camera down there I guess?

I wasn't meaning to criticise the cameras that are there, more to make that point that it's not the quality of them that's the key thing, as you have pointed out, it's the coverage. If we're frank the CCTV footage we have other than him going towards the bins has been of little help to anyone in finding out what's happened

I have to agree sadly. During my intuitively investigation along Shortbrackland it seems like a bit of a 'blind spot' for CCTV. And why should it be monitored if you think about it? There is no rhyme or reason for the council to monitor domestic properties. I can understand town properties where tenants pay a council rent. The spread of fires and vandalism to their properties being one good reason to monitor their own. This would easily explain the last CCTV footage of 0324 as from then onwards it becomes residential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee