UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems they spoke daily. You would think the alarm would have been raised when he couldn't be contacted the next 2 days. The police were only alerted when he didn't turn up for duty on Monday morning. His Mum has said all along he is alive and if anyone can turn up weeks later with a story to tell it will be Corrie. Perhaps it all got too big and has gone too far!!

But but but, that's not how we do things in England. The police only need to have an inkling of suspicion to make an arrest, they don't require evidence, they can get warrants and search property in a heartbeat. Why would they need to wait? I suppose it could all be very tactical and can only assume the RAF connection has meant this case is being handled differently to the norm.

Unless, perhaps, the suspect was an American serviceman on an American base. Do such bases operate under UK or US law?

There is talk about wanting to set up a fund me page to enable Nicola and family to continue to stay in Bury. Watch this space on this one as Uncle Tony said he would not be a recipient but would pay for an accountant out of his own money.

I have been following this on FB from the early days on a family members a/c as I don't use social media. IMO there have been no facts from any social media / otherwise released and apart from twirking and twittering, there is nothing more that 65,000+ FB members can do at the moment. We just need to hold tight and sit this out until such time that more accurate information becomes available. All of the forum members have spent a lot of time working on this and I honestly cannot see how they can take this forward at the moment. Blind Eye to the Telescope and get on with the Job!

But but but, that's not how we do things in England. The police only need to have an inkling of suspicion to make an arrest, they don't require evidence, they can get warrants and search property in a heartbeat. Why would they need to wait? I suppose it could all be very tactical and can only assume the RAF connection has meant this case is being handled differently to the norm.

This is also true - unless the suspect is military?

Is this why the case is being tip toe'd around? Is this lack of movement when answers are known the reason for Nicolas public outburst towards the police and the handling of the case??

To be fair, with literally no information to go on from day one, alongside conflicting reports, we could be guessing forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless, perhaps, the suspect was an American serviceman on an American base. Do such bases operate under UK or US law?

Pretty sure in the U.K. You need a reason for a warrant, you would also want to wait until you have a solid case before arrest because if you don't, your court case could fall apart.

I wish I'd asked my mum now when she was here earlier she was discussing a case where a man murdered a woman and her child, the police knew he'd done it but couldn't get a warrant until they had evidence that proved it necessary (according to her anyway!)

I feel Corrie knew the person/people behind this, maybe not well but knew of them, has the police looked up all rental garages / lock ups / sheds away from houses / storage containers in the areas of bury and surrounding

I feel Corrie knew the person/people behind this, maybe not well but knew of them, has the police looked up all rental garages / lock ups / sheds away from houses / storage containers in the areas of bury and surrounding

Your guess is as good as ours. Suffolk police have a fairly good description of places searched (but probably not comprehensive)

It's all very odd. I have friends who live a stones throw from where Corrie was last ween and only this week have the police been door knocking!

US I reckon. They use dollars in the shops on camp so yeah, there could be something in that. I think someone suggested it in the last thread.

that would indicate that they we're very close , 4 calls in one day, apparently they were talking about the dog, then would his brother not find it strange that his phone switched of for the next few days,

My thinking exactly. I actually signed up just to reply to your post.

Not just that fact that his brother hadn't found it odd that he had heard nothing but I find it hard to believe that none of the lads on camp wondered where he might be....I gather the dog was left unattended that whole time?

Plus from what I can see, Corrie was into his social media...surely his family, friends, Workmates would have noticed if he'd been completely silent on his social media accounts.

I'd made my mind up a while back that Corrie had gone AWOL. (And I hope I'm right as it's the best outcome when you think about the alternatives)

I'm 35 now so my social circle isn't what it used to be but in my early twenties, like Corrie I was reknowned for disappearing off on my mates on nights out. (Usually with girls ☺️) BUT, If I had ever gone missing in the manner that Corrie has (complete no contact with anybody) I can gaurantee that alarm bells would have rang with my family and friends well before Monday morning....and that was well before social media was what it is now.

I could almost understand the lads on camp not noticing him being there if it weren't for the dog. My best mate was in the forces (raf reg, and his stomping ground was BSE funnily enough) and the lads on camp often travelled to visit family/friends at weekends. TBH though, from what we know, this wasn't the case with corrie as he had been out on the slash with his colleagues.

Just my opinion anyway, thought I'd chirp in.

Btw, the ❤️, reply arrow & what I'm guessing is a friend req button? At the bottom of everyone's posts - I keep hitting the friend one with my thumb, lol, just incase anyone gets a request of some sort from myself [emoji85]

It's all very odd. I have friends who live a stones throw from where Corrie was last ween and only this week have the police been door knocking!
eather totally incompident, or just trying to put on a show

Pretty sure in the U.K. You need a reason for a warrant, you would also want to wait until you have a solid case before arrest because if you don't, your court case could fall apart.

Nope.

Why do British police keep arresting people and then releasing them? Because it’s a lot easier to arrest someone in the United Kingdom, but being arrested there isn’t a big deal like it is in the United States. American police need probable cause to make an arrest, but in the United Kingdom, officers can arrest on suspicion. Probable cause is defined as the belief that a crime was probably committed, and that the suspect was probably responsible. Reasonable suspicion means that a right-minded individual would have grounds to suspect that a crime had been committed and that the suspect might be responsible. To have probable cause, greater evidence is required.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_..._is_being_arrested_different_in_britain_.html

Think of all the cases where arrests have been made, people have been bailed, or released, or rearrested. Claudia Lawrence - probably a dozen arrests some on suspicion of murder. All now free. Chris Jeffries - arrested on a whim, totally innocent. PLenty of examples of super fast arrests before the police could have put together a decent case. And I like it, because it means houses and cars get searched asap, evidence can be obtained or ruled out, and suspects can be put under pressure - nothing's gonna get an innocent man talking faster than a possible murder charge.

Just read back the past 5 or more and build a picture before commenting further... Well ,, it is the w/e,,,what can we expect? Drinks in, wits out :)

Just read back the past 5 or more and build a picture before commenting further... Well ,, it is the w/e,,,what can we expect? Drinks in, wits out :)

Totally lost by your comment.

Unfortunately work calls tomorrow morning so the weekend doesn't officially start for me until tomorrow 6pm.

It happened 3 years ago with some poor childs stolen pony Tic Toc. They involved the news, Police, set up a massive facebook social media storm, people were travelling miles to help search. People all over the county were being attacked by do gooders who thought they had found the stolen pony. The family received donations, new ponies. Then suddenly this stolen pony was found visible in a ditch a few months later dumped. The hunt collected it and said it had been dead months. It is believed that the pony died and they decided to run a money making scheme. Her husband very quickly divorced her after this. I know it's not the same but having been involved it was actually very similar. All the searches we did though, the mother met us to tell us where to go but no where near her house and she did not join us on the search. I knocked on the neighbours door and they didn't even know. They would be the first people you would speak to, to see if they had seen anything.

Nope.

Why do British police keep arresting people and then releasing them? Because it’s a lot easier to arrest someone in the United Kingdom, but being arrested there isn’t a big deal like it is in the United States. American police need probable cause to make an arrest, but in the United Kingdom, officers can arrest on suspicion. Probable cause is defined as the belief that a crime was probably committed, and that the suspect was probably responsible. Reasonable suspicion means that a right-minded individual would have grounds to suspect that a crime had been committed and that the suspect might be responsible. To have probable cause, greater evidence is required.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_..._is_being_arrested_different_in_britain_.html

Think of all the cases where arrests have been made, people have been bailed, or released, or rearrested. Claudia Lawrence - probably a dozen arrests some on suspicion of murder. All now free. Chris Jeffries - arrested on a whim, totally innocent. PLenty of examples of super fast arrests before the police could have put together a decent case. And I like it, because it means houses and cars get searched asap, evidence can be obtained or ruled out, and suspects can be put under pressure - nothing's gonna get an innocent man talking faster than a possible murder charge.

Thanks for the info, that makes sense. However by arresting and releasing they're allowing the suspect to know they're a suspect?

In any case I'm hoping for an arrest this side of Christmas, or preferably signs he's still alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuriousNelly61