UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
What strikes me, having read the posts on here and on FB, is that there is little focus on what Corrie did in the evening BEFORE he left Flex and went into the Horseshoe. I think there was a brief mention of his going to 2 pubs and then Flex. Someone local who was in those places may know who he mixed with there. Maybe someone he met in the pubs or Flex, or even on the way to those places, offered him a lift or a hook up (maybe CCTV will show him speaking to strangers earlier in the evening). Maybe someone who he mixed with during the evening is the driver of one of the cars being investigated.

We've touched on the idea that he may have arranged something while out in the evening, but if we work on the assumption the phone was separated from him (which suggests unwillingly) you're kind of accepting this is premeditated and planned opposed to the work of an opportunist. This is obviously just my opinion.

I don't think the photo message is relevant. It appeared the family knew who it was sent to and why.

Corrie may not even be gay like his family claim but he may have used grndr to his advantage i.e. to get a lift home.... the person he had arranged to meet stops car and tries to get down to business and Corrie tells him he isn't into that so the guy becomes angry/feels used and lashes out

America is rife for using online hook ups to find potential victims. It definately a high possibilty.

Well we do know that is all that was picked up before it returned to the depot as they confirmed it was under 15kg and therefore Corrie could not have been in the bin. I work very close and use Biffa blue bins, ours was not collected. Why when we are less than 500 meters away? Also the blue bin should not have been collected according to another thread confirmed by Biffa so why did the Biffa lorry enter the area?

This was a commercial/business pickup not residential unless you mean your workplace in which case it could be a contract for certain businesses? 11kg is the latest figure and that would be quite a lot of flattened cardboard (I do this at my work so have an idea) This is for one bin and if he emptied 20 or 30 bins on his run that morning it adds up to a lot.

My thoughts on the bin lorries schedule:

Starts at the Mildenhall recycling centre.
Travels to the furthest business in BSE town centre from recycling centre (lets say somewhere around Westgate Street)
Works its way through BSE centre going business to business weighing/emptying bins
Short Brackland is the last/one of the last pickups in BSE
Goes to Mildenhall to do one more pickup (or series of pickups)
Back to the recycling centre to empty

That's what I would do/how I imagine it works but who knows how they operate.

He was jogging as he just received a message saying I am here?

Cctv would show very clearly a car arriving I would say a few minutes before Corrie jogged down there. If that same car is seen leaving a few minutes later....

Also cars can be parked well out the way in that area... almost hidden...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corrie may not even be gay like his family claim but he may have used grndr to his advantage i.e. to get a lift home.... the person he had arranged to meet stops car and tries to get down to business and Corrie tells him he isn't into that so the guy becomes angry/feels used and lashes out

That could be the case but it does sound like a lot of effort for a free lift when he had already been offered one and turned it down?

Cctv would show very clearly a car arriving I would say a few minutes before Corrie jogged down there. If that same car is seen leaving a few minutes later....

He wasn't jogging as confirmed by family

I don't think he was jogging.... he appeared to trip. Nor do I think he was going to pee.... if I'm going to have a pee in the street corner on a night out I'm already taking my zip down in preparation for the event but he had his hands in his pockets

That could be the case but it does sound like a lot of effort for a free lift when he had already been offered one and turned it down?

I'm not convinced he did turn it down...or didn't later change his mind

I'm really interested in Thetford Forest being the next location for a search.

As someone from the local area, the idea of having a dead body on your hands and taking it to Thetford Forest to dump it sounds a bit obvious, almost simplistically so, but:

1) It is only a 20-30 minute drive from Bury St Edmunds, you could go directly North or North West via Barton Mills/Mildenhall to get there.

2) The enormity of the forest can't be downplayed, it has a maze of little side roads, access roads etc that mean a vehicle could penetrate deep into the forest undetected late at night.

3) If they're convinced that Corrie did not leave BSE by foot, but by vehicle, the idea of searching the banks and ditches directly along the main A-roads leaving BSE seems fruitless because its unlikely someone would dump a body along such a busy dual carriageway.

4) Caught up in the anxiety of having a body to dump, Thetford Forest might seem like a good location to someone having to think quickly on their feet of somewhere nearby, dark, overgrown, unmonitored etc

Why is there this "he's gay" talk !

What about a jealous husband/live in partner ?

Let's say "he's gay".
So... "I'll meet you at 3.30am".
Why ?
Gay's work late ?

It's "motive" then "opportunity".
The opportunity LACKS motive if he is gay.

So... lets "run" with the idea "he is gay".

I'll meet my gay lover...and then he kills me because.... !
No sense in it. There is no motive.

I can't quote your summary but I can't see how the bit about a phone staying a mast for 3 hours is true unless she means that it will stay there if it doesn't move within 3 hours which I suppose would make sense.

My understanding would then be that the phone pinged the mast at 5am and then nothing was heard for another 3 hours so the possibilities are that it stayed still for 3 hours or stopped transmitting during those 3 hours and now could be anywhere - is that right?

It still doesn't fit with what I've read in other cases where it was possible to identify whether the phone run out of battery or was switched off but as these cases were in Amercia it may be that things work differently there

Time for another 'slide' Suzy? ;)
The way I understand it is this: Corrie's phone leaves BSE mast area at 0420 and enters the BM mast area which is upto a 5km or 3 miles radius of it at 0458. It appears to either stay within that area as no further contact with it was made after 0800 OR it was turned off after 0458 and spirited out of the BM mast area thereafter. In which case it could be anywhere.

My ignorant guess with it being an old phone and subsequently an old battery that the phone died in that area. Remember he was using it throughout the day and throughout the evening.
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    387.8 KB · Views: 112
The way it stands is actually the reverse...!

Standard (and proven) is
Means. What ability have they, What surprise is there.
Motive. Do they have a reason.
Opportunity. Where will they be. Can I surprise them

I'd go for "he's banging a married woman" on that basis.

Thanks for the above ^^^^^ helps a lot when looking at the area the phone pinged from.

Thankyou!

Conversations with Biffa yieled the conclusive response that they do not collect Recycling from this area of Bury on a saturday morning.
They do collect from this area on a Saturday morning before 0600hrs however this is only general waste.

This does not tally with said upate regarding the contents or logistics.

Wow, not that IS interesting!!

In terms with the theory he was in the immediate area until after 8am. In a motivated attack this would surely make no sense? To drive to your house (assumingly) and drive him out at another time, most likely daylight (or are we talking the next night?)this enhances risk you would be caught.

Opposed to driving somewhere secluded which isn't hard in Suffolk.

Could we find a source for the lorry being a biffa lorry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewhqouiqiuewr