UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You would hope that some of those 23 have come forward upon hearing that they will be shown to the public. It's very likely most of them saw nothing, but they need to understand that that in itself is important. I guess once the police can rule out some of the 23 they might let the remaining photos go to the media.

You would hope that some of those 23 have come forward upon hearing that they will be shown to the public. It's very likely most of them saw nothing, but they need to understand that that in itself is important. I guess once the police can rule out some of the 23 they might let the remaining photos go to the media.

I did wonder if some of the remaining 23 were of Eastern European extraction and with very little social interaction or grasp of English. Therefore not realising the importance of the request or dismissing it all together. :(

I did wonder if some of the remaining 23 were of Eastern European extraction and with very little social interaction or grasp of English. Therefore not realising the importance of the request or dismissing it all together. :(

Possibly, and some might have been too drunk to remember properly, or not meant to be out at that time of night, or just think it's insignificant as they didn't witness anything.

I'd like to know if any of those people looked towards the bin area, the footage is quite clear so hopefully their reactions can be interpreted.

Can someone post CCTV 1&2 here if they have it to hand please? Always useful to have a refresher!

CCTV clip 1:

[video=vimeo;184714019]https://vimeo.com/184714019[/video]

CCTV clip 2:

[video=vimeo;188268494]https://vimeo.com/188268494[/video]

Thank you, CJ, you're a star!

I reckon some of the 32 caught on camera were on CCTV1 emerging from the bin area, so the pictures might not be as close up and clear. There are likely to be some groups to, so fingers crossed a fair chunk can be eliminated.

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 187
I am almost certain that he is meeting someone in CCTV 2. at the 9 second mark he emerges from under the guttering and is looking over across the horseshoe (not in direction of bins and bike) sadly because of the building gutter obscuring him we can't see how long he is looking in that direction before he turns his head looking towards camera at 10 second mark then back and follows the path behind Greggs.

I am almost certain that he is meeting someone in CCTV 2. at the 9 second mark he emerges from under the guttering and is looking over across the horseshoe (not in direction of bins and bike) sadly because of the building gutter obscuring him we can't see how long he is looking in that direction before he turns his head looking towards camera at 10 second mark then back and follows the path behind Greggs.

But he's not looking at any fixed point in particular, doesn't seem like anyone is talking to him or anything. To me it looks like he's sauntering along wndering how to get home faster, and spots a bike, looks around, goes to get it. But we know he didn't leave on a bike. It also would make sense that he went over there for a wee as he would certainly need one by then and it's the perfect spot (hell, I might even risk a quick wee there if I had to and I'm a girl!) but as a member said a while ago his hands are in his pockets, not getting ready for wee action.

I'm so confused as to whether someone else is there or not I think I'm gonna have to do a Quick Poll :giggle:

QUICK POLL

Thank this post if you believe Corrie went to the bin area to meet someone and that person was already there

QUICK POLL

Thank this post if you think Corrie went to the bin area to wait for someone he'd arranged to meet who was not there yet

QUICK POLL

Thank this post if Corrie had no intention of meeting anyone and whatever happened was random

I am confused, if Corrie's car was nearby, why didn't he go to it & get in it to have a sleep? This must confirm that somebody took him or an accident happened. (Not sure if this has been mentioned as it is my first post, I haven't read all 5 threads yet...)

I am confused, if Corrie's car was nearby, why didn't he go to it & get in it to have a sleep? This must confirm that somebody took him or an accident happened. (Not sure if this has been mentioned as it is my first post, I haven't read all 5 threads yet...)

Welcome!! We believe he probably nodded off after eating his food in the doorway (his mum said this would be typical of him) and he had apparently told a homeless man earlier than he intended to walk home, a route which would likely have taken him past the bin area and up Short Brackland. His car was parked a few minutes away in the other direction.

The question is whether he DID intend to walk home and whatever happened was a random and unexpected event, or whether he'd arranged to meet someone for a lift.

Also just to add that Corrie's car was a two-seater convertible, with seats that don't recline, it would be like trying to fall asleep on an aeroplane and maybe the temptation to just drive home while still drunk would be too great.

attachment.php

https://crime-statistics.co.uk/postcode/IP33 1EA

I found something interesting from the link Gardener supplied back on page 4 regarding crime stats in the area. In Sep 2016, three reports of "theft from body" were reported in Bury, one off Brentgovel St. Is there any way we can get more info on this incident to see if it's related?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    69.1 KB · Views: 203
Welcome!! We believe he probably nodded off after eating his food in the doorway (his mum said this would be typical of him) and he had apparently told a homeless man earlier than he intended to walk home, a route which would likely have taken him past the bin area and up Short Brackland. His car was parked a few minutes away in the other direction.

The question is whether he DID intend to walk home and whatever happened was a random and unexpected event, or whether he'd arranged to meet someone for a lift.

Thanks, I just find it incredible that no trace of Corrie has been found 8 weeks later, I just also find it very strange that the police are not showing the unidentified people to the media, some of these people are likely to live elsewhere so people in BSE may not recognise them anyway, the photos/cctv needs to be shared nationwide, that way they have a better chance of someone recognising these people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member