UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My first post so be gentle. Am I the only person who has been wondering why so many calls from brother on the Friday including one nearly for an hour in the car before going out and then no further calls for three days when they are then notified by base of absence? Does anyone know how long the drive from Fife could take?

Yep I said the same thing. If none of my family heard a peep out of me either via phone call, text or no sign of social media activity, alarm bells would be ringing well before Monday morning. Like you said, the phone calls to his brother on the Friday and then zilch. Fife to bse must be at least 6-7 hours.

I see people are not happy about the hub today on the fb page many are saying it wasn't even open when it should of been this morning and then they had IT problems such a shame a vital witness could of been in the queue :(

If all these people skulking in the shadows haven't got clear images, how are we so certain Corrie couldn't evade the cctv? Corrie had been based there for several years and no doubt knew the area quite well. The cctv of running man zoomed in and tracked, as that was the most active part at that time (assuming it is computer programmed). Who knows whether Corrie left and picked up a lift 5 metres away and was not seen on cctv due to the camera automatically focussing in on something else - it wouldn't even need to be a conscious decision, just a coincidence.

# 3.25 to 3.40 ....it has to be "something happened then".

# The rubbish removed around the public bin still bothers me.

# The three cars confuses me also. They need only one car.

I get the feeling "these are only witnesses that are sought". There isn't a possible suspect there.

Therefore, a "possible suspect/possible suspect vehicle(s)" is known.

I see people are not happy about the hub today on the fb page many are saying it wasn't even open when it should of been this morning and then they had IT problems such a shame a vital witness could of been in the queue :(

It has to be asked if the Police are taking this hub/CCTV showing seriously. Is it they know stuff they aren't revealing even to the family?

This can't just be down to lack of resources, IMO.

It has to be asked if the Police are taking this hub/CCTV showing seriously. Is it they know stuff they aren't revealing even to the family?

This can't just be down to lack of resources, IMO.

I don't think it is a "main line" of enquiry to be honest. That's the feeling I am getting.

maybe its about who actually turned up to view the cctv and if they came down in a certain vehicle ......................

My first post so be gentle. Am I the only person who has been wondering why so many calls from brother on the Friday including one nearly for an hour in the car before going out and then no further calls for three days when they are then notified by base of absence? Does anyone know how long the drive from Fife could take?

Did cross my mind in the beginning too, but I think the family would know if there was something relevant here. In fairness, his family as a whole come across as devoted to finding Corrie.

Still reading and following but nothing really to add... it's just mystifying.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

It has to be something so simple and so obvious that it's staring us in the face, but we can't see it.

What do you think is?

I don't think they're at the stage of "asking for the help of the public" to find the "attacker(s)" just yet.

I think (or it feels like) the CCTV release's are a "side show".

Why bother identifying someone that potentially saw nothing ? This makes no sense. Would this have not been addresses much earlier in the search for Corrie ?

Clearly they can't find Corrie ...and so the police make a switch to finding witnesses to nothing ???

Surely this cctv would have been found weeks ago. Possibly even days after the disappearance. Yet all we were told was "the police are trying to find three teenagers that were seen at the side of the Cornhill centre at 4.20" Does that make any real sense ? To me it makes no sense...now we see so many people passing by.

Maybe it is like "Keystone Cops" in Suffolk.
Or maybe we are being "played". I understand and appreciate the fact that this is a "live investigation" ....but if you want to "go public" with an investigation, then "go public". But this is turning into a farce.

I feel desperately sorry for the family (and for Corrie). But I have no idea what the hell is going on anymore.

...and the really sad thing is, people will just start thinking "gay hook up that went bad....what is it to me ? So what's on TV tonight".

The family has "gone public".
So "go public".
And say "we believe that Corrie was taken in a car....because".

The three teenagers sought were 2 males and a female with blonde hair. Correct me if I am wrong but isn't this the 3 seen on the hub CCTV footage?

The three teenagers sought were 2 males and a female with blonde hair. Correct me if I am wrong but isn't this the 3 seen on the hub CCTV footage?

There were two groups on the hub footage, one not shown on itv anglia.

I think it has to be the obvious I just don't get the circus around the cctv. Trying to second guess what's going on is pretty draining.

If he jumped into a car then why so many cctv images to look through? The timescale of his disappearance can't be huge because of the bin lorry.

I also agree he must have been able to evade the green woods camera, for example in his last cctv footage of it wasn't zoomed in you would be able to see if anyone else was behind him, but you can't.

The whole lot makes no sense. I think the police know exactly what vehicle he got into and I also think they must have a pretty good shortlist of where he went.

God only knows !

I can tell you Corrie sleeps in doorways....but he doesn't.
Corrie always orders lots of food from a takeaway...but does he.
He often walks the ten miles back to base....but has never done it.

...and three teenagers were seen at 4.20, but the place was busy !

And forget the three cars. We don't want you to speculate on that. Yet we believe he could have left in a car.

People are now going ..... "Okay.... bored".

I'm hoping this is ok to ask and I don't get in trouble or shot down its just something doing my head in ....... A physic is it true police really use these to help solve crimes or is it a myth I do follow a lot of crime and murders and really thought they did use them in certain circumstances .... I am actually starting to think am I that naïve as there was a valentines murder in Hull and police said they brought one in to locate her body now I'm thinking it was false

I don't think they're at the stage of "asking for the help of the public" to find the "attacker(s)" just yet.

I think (or it feels like) the CCTV release's are a "side show".

Why bother identifying someone that potentially saw nothing ? This makes no sense. Would this have not been addresses much earlier in the search for Corrie ?

Clearly they can't find Corrie ...and so the police make a switch to finding witnesses to nothing ?S

Surely this cctv would have been found weeks ago. Possibly even days after the disappearance. Yet all we were told was "the police are trying to find three teenagers that were seen at the side of the Cornhill centre at 4.20" Does that make any real sense ? To me it makes no sense...now we see so many people passing by.

Maybe it is like "Keystone Cops" in Suffolk.
Or maybe we are being "played". I understand and appreciate the fact that this is a "live investigation" ....but if you want to "go public" with an investigation, the "go public". But this is turning into a farce.

Can't argue with any of this, TBH.

I believe you are right about the CCTV being known about weeks ago. Day 1 I think. The CCTV systems employed here (should) come with video analytics software that lets them search for e.g. a pink shirted person and Silver car across all cameras on the network within a specified time frame. The talk of watching the CCTV in real-time can't be correct? or worse, is an excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966