UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's everyone's theories at this point?

I'm still stuck on pre arranged late night meet on grinder. Probably arranged as he sat in the doorway. Left the horse shoe area via the car owned by the person he had arranged to meet on grinder. After that I think something terrible has happened. Check the wooded area.

I really hope I'm wrong - I'd love him to be awol. But I doubt it.

Dating app meet gone wrong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

May of been picked up from the horseshoe area and got a lift back half way and attempted to walk the rest? The whole case is crazy so I'm going with a simple scenario!

Actually no...if someone gave him a lift and it was just that, a simple lift, then they would've come forward...so scrap that idea!!

Someone suggested earlier making mindmaps. I think we need a hall-sized room with the walls covered in plain paper to make mindmaps and flowcharts of various scenarios.

The problem I see is that we could theorize a vehicle taking Corrie (either willingly or unwillingly) but we can't entirely rule out the possibility that he left the horseshoe under his own steam and either went into a building or started walking home.

The searches haven't found Corrie (or his phone, wallet or keys), which suggests he didn't try to walk home. But searches have been known to miss things before.

We know the phone pinged on the Barton Mills mast but we don't know if Corrie was with it. We know a bin lorry took a route from BSE to Barton Mills around the same time the phone did the same or similar journey, but we don't know if the phone was in the bin lorry.

We know there were cars/vehicles in the vicinity between 3.24 and 8am, but we don't know exactly when, where, or whether they picked anyone up.

We know there were people around, at least in dribs and drabs, but many of them haven't come forward so we don't know if any of them saw anything.

Please tell me the police know more than this by now :-/

What's everyone's theories at this point?

I'm still stuck on pre arranged late night meet on grinder. Probably arranged as he sat in the doorway. Left the horse shoe area via the car owned by the person he had arranged to meet on grinder. After that I think something terrible has happened. Check the wooded area.

I really hope I'm wrong - I'd love him to be awol. But I doubt it.

Dating app meet gone wrong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Walked home and had an accident...or dating app meeting with tragic consequences

I don't really buy the Grindr gay scenario. I just don't think that wearing a pink shirt, white trousers and good grooming equals gay or closeted in this day and age. Regarding the social media, tagging angle. Plenty of young men nowadays are more in touch with their image and would completely unthreatened by being attractive to gay men and would possibly play up to it in the same way. He was aware he was attractive and it gained him more 'likes/followers'.

The only reason I hesitate to find the walking home scenario likely is because the phone pings the Barton Mills mast far too quickly for a walker...how could we explain that?

The only reason I hesitate to find the walking home scenario likely is because the phone pings the Barton Mills mast far too quickly for a walker...how could we explain that?

Yep that bit flumoxes me too...but did I read that it can ping within a 5 mile radius of the mast or have I imagined that?

I'm sure I read Barton Mills was approx 15 miles (please correct me if I'm wrong) from BSE though....even with 5 miles off he would have had too long a walk to reach it by the time the ping was registered.

Do we know more about why Corrie was ejected from the nightclub was it Flex?

I'm sure I read Barton Mills was approx 15 miles (please correct me if I'm wrong) from BSE though....even with 5 miles off he would have had too long a walk to reach it by the time the ping was registered.

Yes that's true...back to the drawing board I go.....

Yep that bit flumoxes me too...but did I read that it can ping within a 5 mile radius of the mast or have I imagined that?

5km or 3.5 miles IIRC.

As the crow flies BM is just under 10 miles away so if you take the outer range of 3.5 miles for the mast my maths makes it that the phone would have had to travel 6.5 miles minimum in 28 minutes to ping that mast?

Not possible on foot.

I could have this wrong though....Surely the Police/EE have gone through this is great detail I would hope.

Pre planned AWOL. I think that is the police theory too hence the apparent "lack of resource".

You simply wouldn't arrange a meeting with anybody, known or unknown in that horseshoe area unless you knew that it provides protection from CCTV etc. I can't see an opportunistic perp knowing this.

I think the area is too busy for a violent crime to occur and to subsequently clear the body from the area inside 16 minutes. Who would you call at that time to help you move a body into a car.

I won't theorise more on the AWOL due to Forum rules.

Yes it was flex an apparently he got asked to go by the bouncer as he was drunk, mind he had only been in the club for around 30 mins,

I think that they should maybe stage a reconstruction as this has been useful in previous cases in getting people to come forward and in attracting widespread media attention. I am very sceptical about the value of the CCTV viewings in the pod from the quality of footage which has been shown on line. I also think that the age group of the people they seem to be hoping to come forward to identify themselves is one which probably does not watch news and is also wary of the police, especially if experimenting with drugs or drinking too much whilst out clubbing, so I cannot see there being many leads unless their parents recognise them.

Given where Corrie's phone last pinged in Barton Mills, which is in the general vicinity of the Fiveways Roundabout, he could, willingly or unwillingly, have been spirited away down any of the A roads off that roundabout. For all we know, he could be in London.

Someone Corrie has major beef with gets a girl/lad to lure him to horseshoe area for a lift home, he gets there, gets pulled into the car by said person, they drive off, throw Corrie's phone out the car window at Barton mills, beat the crap out of Corrie but go over the top and he dies, gets rid of body in thetford forest

No idea. I think I read somewhere (maybe the FAQ section of the Find Corrie website?) that when he was asked to leave his friends didn't know it happened. This seemed odd to me because wouldn't he be with them? Or had he been with them and then went elsewhere in the club? Or did he even gain access to the club and meet with his friends at all?

If he was with his phone it would have pinged another mast on the journey.

I think that they should maybe stage a reconstruction as this has been useful in previous cases in getting people to come forward and in attracting widespread media attention. I am very sceptical about the value of the CCTV viewings in the pod from the quality of footage which has been shown on line. I also think that the age group of the people they seem to be hoping to come forward to identify themselves is one which probably does not watch news and is also wary of the police, especially if experimenting with drugs or drinking too much whilst out clubbing, so I cannot see there being many leads unless their parents recognise them.

Given where Corrie's phone last pinged in Barton Mills, which is in the general vicinity of the Fiveways Roundabout, he could, willingly or unwillingly, have been spirited away down any of the A roads off that roundabout. For all we know, he could be in London.

I think he put his phone on top of a black lid on a bin, had a pee, walked away and not realised he has left phone until he had walked quite a while, had an accident on the way home and not been found yet. I am so sad for his family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member