UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fairly easy to establish whether Corrie was in another bin I'd say. The bins are all weighed for businesses to be charged, the police could check the charging records for the following few days, identify any bin load over 90kg and take if from there. Unless we're circling back round to the cover up and conspiracy IMO it wouldn't be hard to spot a bin that was one off much heavier than expected (a grown man's worth of extra rubbish would stand out I'm sure) and trace it's journey to the land fill. Forensic traces of that kind wouldn't be easy to clean up without anyone knowing or well enough to totally eradicate any evidence.

JMO of course but I think the bin's a non starter, and for everyone's sake I hope I'm not wrong abouut that

It seems like such a simple explanation, you'd think it would've been obvious fairly quickly however. I just don't know, without vehicle information we don't really know much

Where exactly does running man run to? I can't see him follow the run through Brentgovel St, it looks more like he's turned into the far end of the horseshoe, but is that just me?

He doesn't look like a jogger to me. He looks to me like he's wearing tightish jeans and a jacket. I thought his footwear looked more like those plimsoll type canvas lace-ups, and did they have a white sole? I do get a sense that he might be running from something, but that could be total imagination...maybe he's trying to catch up to a friend in front of him?

If you pause and zoom it's a suit

Edit: scrap that, it looks very suit like but pausing in other places it does look like a hoody!

Where exactly does running man run to? I can't see him follow the run through Brentgovel St, it looks more like he's turned into the far end of the horseshoe, but is that just me?

He doesn't look like a jogger to me. He looks to me like he's wearing tightish jeans and a jacket. I thought his footwear looked more like those plimsoll type canvas lace-ups, and did they have a white sole? I do get a sense that he might be running from something, but that could be total imagination...maybe he's trying to catch up to a friend in front of him?

Or running to help someone in trouble??

I don't understand why so much of that short extract of CCTV footage is of nothing happening. It's almost as if the police aren't even trying.
If you put it all together in time order it might tell a story.

I'm wondering if this is all a psychological trick by the police to show the suspect/suspects that they know it was them and have a lot of footage of them. Exposing it to the public would be surely messing with the suspects head.

Not sure but my thoughts were that the man is running away from Hughes doorway and past the bin area, taking a right turn afterwards.

If you pause and zoom it's a suit

Edit: scrap that, it looks very suit like but pausing in other places it does look like a hoody!

I made it full screen and then did lots of pauses and replayed it over a few times, but I do agree it's hard to tell. In one pause I thought I could see a parting in his hair, and then the next frame it wasn't a parting it was just the way his hair was moving as he ran. I do think he would recognise himself though, and a close friend or family member who knows he might be in BSE at that time of a Saturday morning should recognise him.

I'm not so confident with the recognition of some of the others that were only seen through the window. You'd have to really think hard about whether you'd stood in that position and if it could be you.

Have we any idea what time running man ran by? I notice he didn't look to the right as he passed the bin area.

And what's all this about a group of people? Has anyone seen that footage?

I made it full screen and then did lots of pauses and replayed it over a few times, but I do agree it's hard to tell. In one pause I thought I could see a parting in his hair, and then the next frame it wasn't a parting it was just the way his hair was moving as he ran. I do think he would recognise himself though, and a close friend or family member who knows he might be in BSE at that time of a Saturday morning should recognise him.

I'm not so confident with the recognition of some of the others that were only seen through the window. You'd have to really think hard about whether you'd stood in that position and if it could be you.

If you pause when they first come on screen you can see a hood, he turned right down the side of McDonald's

somebody on the fb group as uploaded still pics of man running defo looks like a hoodie not a suit jacket x

Seeing the response on the video, I'm really glad they have put the hub up with the footage, and also that link on ITV Anglia, even if their video is only a brief compilation and not the whole thing. It looks like it's generated a lot of interest from the locals and that a lot of people are looking to see if someone they know is in there and get them to come forward to the police.

I don't know if the police will get a lot of useful information from it, but maybe if those people can just sit in a room with a police officer and watch themselves on that footage it will help to bring back some memories of that night.

JMO but could he be going to meet corrie? If he was late he could've been running. Corrie was heading that way before he stopped and turned into the bin area. Could corrie of been missed by cctv if he stayed to the right where the trees are blocking the path? Does anyone know ...

If you pause when they first come on screen you can see a hood, he turned right down the side of McDonald's

Ah, thanks, I had forgotten there was a right turn there.

If there was anything going on in the bay, you'd think he'd look over more as he runs past? If Corrie was standing over by the Greggs bin, then the running man could run straight past, but if there were people arguing or something, then you'd think he'd look round more?

With the running man he turned right where McDonalds is and right down there above Starbucks is another camera so should be more footage of him?

My hunch is that number 4, number 5, and the "legs" in number 6 are all the same person, possibly the homeless guy, walking around. Only a hunch though, that figure is so dark and obscured it's hard to tell. But it looks like they have a limp or walking impairment, or just a noticeably "wacky" walk, in both the pics and the video with legs, in my mind. In the video, this person seems to point their feet inwards when they stop, generally not a common trait unless you have a walking impairment/limp or something. I can think of a few people near by and homeless people not so far away that walk around pretty hobbly and awkwardly... 4,5 and 6's legs reminds me of these kind of people.

The dude running is - in my mind - making some distance between him and something else, because he could've turned right and ended up in the same area (the other side of the Horseshoe, if he was trying to catch a bus or something, ie running to shorten the time/distance to his destination) before he took that route past Horseshoe/Shopping centre. That's entirely a guess though.

Maybe already answered, but the lower inside a door angle is the Cornhill Walk shopping centre entrance. So the high angle is before the Horseshoe, the behind doors camera is just after it.

I don't think that the running man has anything to do with it after looking at it he doesn't even look in to the loading bay his probely just late getting home, I think that the group of people are more inportent, in the last CCTV corrie looks back maybe they were following him and he went in to loading bay to hide until they went away but they found him, tried to rob him but corrie put up a fight and got stabbed , they take walet and phone phone in one bin corrie in another bin coverd up with some rubbish , of to landfill most probely by Monday, then bin cleaner comes round and cleans bin of all evidence,

What time is it said the Saturday market people start setting up in Cornhill? Could running man be a worker running late?

A little sappy here but in the states, today is our Thanksgiving - a time to reach out and tell people you're happy they're in your life... so on that note, Thank You, everyone on this thread for the countless hours and great insight you've all devoted here. And especially to Dcflag and anyone else who made it to the pod to view the CCTV footage. It just shows what amazing people you are to go above and beyond for someone in need. Happy Thanksgiving!

I think that the group of people are more inportent, in the last CCTV corrie looks back maybe they were following him and he went in to loading bay to hide until they went away but they found him, tried to rob him but corrie put up a fight and got stabbed , they take walet and phone phone in one bin corrie in another bin coverd up with some rubbish , of to landfill most probely by Monday, then bin cleaner comes round and cleans bin of all evidence,

If Corrie was attacked by a group of young people such as teenagers it may not have been a mugging. I've read somewhere that the present generation of young people in the UK, the 16-24 age group, is becoming more conservative in their social attitudes than previous cohorts, eg, drinking less, using fewer drugs, more likely to oppose same sex marriage and so on. It's possible therefore that this was a hate crime if they saw his pink shirt and assumed he was gay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AgentA