UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully we will get a family update soon, I have noticed that they are getting few and far between now, always by uncle tony, never seen an actual update by any of the other family members, maybe I'm wrong and mised them,,,,

No you've not missed them. Nicola does post but not updates, they always come from Uncle T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corrie's Mum has confirmed that he didn't order "food for two" and that it would be a normal amount of food for Corrie to consume by himself especially after a night out ...
Two burgers and a kebab and chips - normally enough for two then.....just my theory msazda to be taken with a pinch of salt maybe ? Like the often walked home theory.

Hi all! First post...be nice!
Does anyone know if any of Thetford forest has been searched?
Google maps tells me it's an ideal place to dispose of a body...
Hi smole I'm new too. Could you give me the link where google advises how to dispose of a body? I have read thetford forest is 47, 000 acres so no small task without a lead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sorry but typed in wrong place

Two burgers and a kebab and chips - normally enough for two then.....just my theory msazda to be taken with a pinch of salt maybe ? Like the often walked home theory.
In the beginning, the family was saying what they though to be true at the time, I don't hold that against them ...

I've got a 7st teenage daughter that could eat that ;) the portions at a late night kebab shop are not what you might imagine and I definitely wouldn't blink an eye at that being all eaten by one young bloke having fed a few in my lifetime, some have bottomless pits :)

Hi everyone :) I've just joined so please be patient if I get stuff wrong! I'm local to Bury St Edmunds and have been following this case avidly since the beginning. You guys are incredible!
I have one burning question about the 'left by car' or 'on foot' query. As we are told, we sure he could not have left the horseshoe on foot without being seen by cctv. So by vehicle? But people don't just magically jump into cars! They have to walk to them and therefore why is this not picked up? I'm sure I'm being dumb and there's an obvious point here. Please enlighten me!!  I also need to mention another point but will do this in a bits Thanks for having me 
Hi Higgle I am local too..Welcome ..

Hi everyone :) I've just joined so please be patient if I get stuff wrong! I'm local to Bury St Edmunds and have been following this case avidly since the beginning. You guys are incredible!
I have one burning question about the 'left by car' or 'on foot' query. As we are told, we sure he could not have left the horseshoe on foot without being seen by cctv. So by vehicle? But people don't just magically jump into cars! They have to walk to them and therefore why is this not picked up? I'm sure I'm being dumb and there's an obvious point here. Please enlighten me!! 😁 I also need to mention another point but will do this in a bits Thanks for having me 😘

There are 4 confirmed vehicles in the area in the timeframe. One of which the bin lorry which drove into the loading bay. The other theee have not been identified to the public what kind of vehicle they are, what time they were seen and where. It's fully possible a vehicle drove into the loading bay or was already parked there and is seen exiting.

Yes and I'm sure I read (on here, I think) that the street rubbish collectors meet there at 8am on a Saturday morning. Surely they would have noticed a man in a pink shirt and white jeans having a sleep by the bins? I thought that was how we knew he had left before 8am. It also doesn't make sense he would sleep for 2 hours in a doorway, get up and walk around the corner and settle down for a full nights sleep on the cold hard floor.

He must have left before 8am. And I think he was gone before running man too, as he doesn't even glimpse in the direction Corrie went so it's unlikely anything was going on there whenever he ran past.

Nothing makes sense and it's impossible to piece together. I hope the police have a lot more to go on than we're getting through Uncle Tony. It all seems to be a lot of waffle about absolutely no information really. And I know we're not expected to solve the case but what they're putting out there isn't going to jog any memories or help anyone realise what they've seen could be important because it's about nothing.
He must have left before 4 a.m. coz binman didnt see him. Only people binman saw were 3 "teenagers" at 4.20 so I can understand why cops don't wish to view cctv after 8 a.m.

It's a strange one isn't it.

Hey let's spend thousands on resources and lets use all this manpower to search the entire outskirts of Bury St Edmonds for 56 days instead of spending 6 hours on one day to watch and confirm the CCTV of his last known location.

CCTV 1 was released very early on. So they knew way back then that he would easily have been seen on CCTV 2. Yet here we are all this time and they still can't confirm his departure from the alley in CCTV 2 because of "lack of resources". Does it not seem odd to think that anyone of the many people searching would probably be more than happy to watch 6 hours of CCTV on the behalf of (insert desired authority here) ?

We're all told about him sleeping in a door way but nope we won't be seeing that part, this mysterious sleep he had, whilst other people ran around and shady hooded figures skitted past shopping centers. But don't worry, it definitely happened, a homeless guy confirmed it did.

image.jpg

"Police continue their search for Corrie McKeague on the A11 near Fiveways Roundabout."

Presumably that is then, his phone. Honestly vague? Or obfuscation vague. I mean if Corrie was in the road I think someone would notice, you don't need 8 people to walk along it looking for "him", as worded. Well, that's a bit unfair. I know the people taking part in the search efforts are doing all they can. Meanwhile in the CCTV room:

"Hey, he's on CCTV."
"Well, let's not follow that up, let's go looking for his phone, that we only have a vague location estimation of maybe possibly never in any location near we don't really know where."
"Great idea boss, but what about the CCTV?"
"Remind me again in 50 days time. To the dual carriageway!"

So what about the public CCTV system then, that was part of a £400,000 upgrade no less than 10 or 11 months ago. Police have immediate access to it. Why such a shoddy followup. I guess then we can assume it's a ********* failure. Maybe catch a few speeding motorists but not a possible kidnap situation!!

image.jpg

Looks like they have good times. Too bad their system is incompetent at preventing crime, some of the most heinous. And guess where that CCTV screen that's largest at top is... the other side of the Horseshoe (Butter Market Starbucks). So presumably the man in the coat is telling the media how this project is going to be a massive failure, if it can't even expose or explain a possible kidnapping in 50+ days, despite the at least 112 individual cameras even though they only need to look at one or two of them for answers...

From what I can tell, there are clear gaps in the CCTV coverage because the cameras spin at regular intervals and perhaps motion detection, but no-one has confirmed this have they? As such if the cameras each serve multiple angles (single lens moving to multiple angles) there are going to be blind spots and blackout periods.

Furthermore, there's even a public PDF document (link below) about what CCTV cameras exist specifically in Bury, and although it doesn't have any private ones (like the Cornhill Market camera) it still has 34 and 9 our good friends CCTV1 (kebab) and 2 (alley). And what else does it have? A huge, potential gap on the Eastern/North Eastern side. Little to no CCTV coverage, and where's the best route from the centre, the big fish on the screen in that cutting the red-tape image, none other than Short Brackland street from the Horseshoe area and pretty much the whole of that area that circles the Cornhill shopping centre.

PDF document

2q07ci8.jpg

Image of document, but the black dots are CCTV cameras, the others are roads away from Horseshoe with no proper CCTV coverage. Basically several, that lead to the bypass/dual carriageway. Like I say, either by choice or by co-incidence, with the main cameras in that area fulfilling several angles each (so having to leave their focus of the Horseshoe) it is more than possible to slip out of Horseshoe without being seen again. Not sure if that is good speculation or bad speculation.

Sorry to get all conspiracy like, but this thing is another level. Another level of incompetence or ********, can't decide which. It's almost as if someone has done this on purpose to prove a point about a misguided 400,000 CCTV investment...a local affair the police are well aware of and as such are keeping the link firmly under wraps.

So locals, who are in this thread to Bury - might want to try and recall or find out who had opposition or had been harping that the 400,000 CCTV project having flaws/blackspots. Maybe they know something. Because it seems no-one else does despite a state of the art CCTV system and 56 days since his disappearance. Police Pod, lol, more like, PC Plod. Whilst we're all PC Played. As are his poor family, and the poor man Corrie himself. The **** is this game, seriously?

:gaah:

Rant over... conspiracy mode off ;)

There are 4 confirmed vehicles in the area in the timeframe. One of which the bin lorry which drove into the loading bay. The other theee have not been identified to the public what kind of vehicle they are, what time they were seen and where. It's fully possible a vehicle drove into the loading bay or was already parked there and is seen exiting.
I've said it before and I'll say it again I think the choice of the word vehicles has been used carefully.
The dust cart has been named as a dustcart,.
the silver one parked in the layby outside Hughes was called a car..these 3 we know nothing about are being called vehicles.

I think we are missing something important...

The police haven't nailed this case yet. There's no conspiracy or leading us in one direction as a decoy while they go in another direction. Listen to what the family is saying. They spell it out - they're unhappy with aspects of the investigation, some leads still haven't been followed up on, police keep saying they're understaffed and even with all the resources they have, they couldn't even watch footage past 8 am, 9 weeks later! They're not deceiving us - they really aren't close to figuring this out yet.

i think the police are trying to tell the family to go home, they got this. But Nicola knows they aren't close to anything so she keeps pushing - the pod, the posters, the tv interviews. Letting Uncle Tony handle information on the website, that may have come from Nicola's superiors, telling her not to comment on the ongoing investigation - so Tony does it.

if you do nothing, read up on the fellow in London who murdered 4 guys - Port is his name - it's in the news today. Check out how thoroughly the police screwed up this case. I'm stunned. It's just out of this world how they claimed things were not suspicious in these deaths. But the point is that this mentality is pervasive in the police force, at least this is Nicola's perception. Read this Port case. You won't be thinking the police are "pulling the wool" over our eyes any more - and this is the Met in London? Think about how this would play out in a small town with less resources and you'll see where the family is.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/25/world/europe/stephen-port-serial-killer-london.html?_r=0

By now "the average Friday night out" for Corrie would be known.
What he normal does, where he normal goes, etc, etc....

And so far, we are told this was a "normal" night out.
He'd sleep where ever he was if he was tired (inc doorways).
He'd buy lots of food if he was hungry (inc enough for two).
He'd get into a strangers car (inc he'd offer lifts to strangers).
And so on....

As it's been said in Press Conference's "....that's Corrie".
So we are told that everything is normal on this night.

But we are not told what he normally does at all. It is only his actions and behaviours "that night" that have been described as "normal".

If he didn't get "asked to leave Flex" (and the reason for that is still unknown in my eyes), what was he going to do ?
Was he going to leave the club at around 3am with his mates, go for some food (clearly he was hungry, so he would have done the same thing) and then what....?

Is this "normal behaviour" we see actually hiding something else ?
Buying lots of food and dozing in a doorway for 2 hours can either be described "two ways".
1. Yeah, he does things like that
Or 2. He was waiting until 3.30am.

The first abnormal thing that happens (or something that deviated from "the norm" in his world) was getting kicked out of Flex.
Is this significant to what has happened (or is thought to have happened) later on ?

There are quite a few reasons for getting "asked to leave" a night club these days. Being "too drunk" is just one of them. And if you're on your way to being "that drunk", they usually don't let you in, in the first place.

Everything else that happened is in the public domain.
It's on CCTV. ...and it is said to be "normal". But I don't buy it.

There is a "way out there" speculation that could link he "being asked to leave Flex" and "meeting someone in Short Brackland after the night clubs close" and it doesn't involve "gay hook ups arranged over apps" or "meeting a married woman who is working late into the night". It's far more straight-forward. But it is pure speculation.

The first abnormal thing that happens (or something that deviated from "the norm" in his world) was getting kicked out of Flex.
Is this significant to what has happened (or is thought to have happened) later on ?

From what I've heard about the events of that night I'd say the first deviation was him sitting in his car in BSE drinking, because if that was "normal" for Corrie he had problems.

Furthermore, if Nicola honestly thought Corrie had gone awol, her message would be, "come home. We love you, you're not in trouble, come home." But she doesn't - so she honestly feels he is missing involuntarily. We need to listen to this. Sure, the police (and family) have things they're not releasing to the public but we need to hear what they're saying and how they're acting.

Nicola doesn't look the type to be claiming abduction if she didn't think it in her soul. This is her son, her baby. She's not going to mess around with false info - she just wants her boy back - period.

The police are confusing - they obviously know something but they've come to a dead end in their investigation. It's stalled. The public presses for more info so they cave in to the pod idea but it's so half-hearted on their end, they can't even show up on time. Nicola must be beside herself. She wants her boy home now.

if you look at the Suffolk police site, they have no problems putting cctv still photos up of people wanted for questioning in thefts or using stolen credit cards - this crap about not releasing cctv info to the public is BS - they do it regularly. So, the question is -- are they honestly this lazy and incompetent to follow through with this investigation? Or do we honestly believe they have all the answers and are just placating us until it all falls into place? Judging from Nicola's actions, I'd go with the former...

From what I've heard about the events of that night I'd say the first deviation was him sitting in his car in BSE drinking, because if that was "normal" for Corrie he had problems.

We are "told" that was a deviation from the norm.
But was it ?

Two cars full of mates...and no one could count ?

Think about it.
He realises his mates have forgotten him.
He gets in his car and drives to town.
And why the hell not, I'll call my brother and drink beer in my car !

.....and maybe his problems got worse.

He was offered a lift home....but decided he had to wait.

May of been picked up from the horseshoe area and got a lift back half way and attempted to walk the rest? The whole case is crazy so I'm going with a simple scenario!

That was similar to one of my original thoughts....I imagined him getting a lift to base but didn't notice it was to the wrong base (Mildenhall direction) so he hopped out of car and started to walk the lanes linking that area to Honington. Those roadsides not being searched as it was thought if he had walked it would be BSE direct to his base.

Somewhere along the way he fell into water....I think there's a lake & river in the location but haven't checked that out on map.

What about the vehicle theory?

Now we know about the Cornhill camera the police MUST know if a vehicle entered that area and stayed for any length of time (quickest scenario - knock Corrie over and put him in the boot) before leaving again. And if the Short B camera is there, then they should have a pretty accurate timeframe for ALL vehicles. So say 2 of the 3 drove straight through passing both cameras within seconds, but the third one didn't, then that's the suspicious one, no?

But they say all vehicles have been ID'd so......

Arrrrgh, none of it makes sense!! I wish the police or family would release the times of all these vehicles and people, but then I suppose it's only relevant if you're sleuthing.

I might have missed it but I'll ask again - have any of our local members viewed all 12 minutes and if so what's the story?!

Why on earth would a driver knock Corrie over and put him in their boot?!

This.

If they're scouting for witnesses they must think something untoward happened, but there's no evidence of that. If he hopped in a car who on earth would have noticed that and remember 9 weeks later

If the police ARE scouting for witnesses they're not being very pro-active. And have you considered that the police may be more interested in any witnesses who may have seen Corrie wander off or get in a car willingly? And yes, I'd say there's a possibility that someone might remember seeing Corrie walking away or getting into a car - he was wearing a pink shirt and white jeans, so would have been noticeable.

The POD is likely to be about seeing who comes and views, not what they view.

IF Corrie was attacked or taken by someone, the last place they'd go to is the hub. You're possibly assuming it's some kind of sick psycho who takes "trophies" of their crimes, but there's ZILCH evidence that Corrie was attacked, met with an accident, or taken.

Not forgetting that some people who went to view came from MILES away, many of them middle-aged women who are quite possibly heavily involved in the case because they little going on in their lives, and have become fixated with the whole scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member