UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I am a bit late for the poll.

This is my contribution though if it helps - AWOL with the help of a very close friend or one of the Brothers. Due to the unexpected publicity on social media I think it would be difficult to own up.

I would also say that Corrie attempted to walk home.and had an accident like falling into water taking an off track route. With this though, I can't explain the phone situation in terms of the out of way route back to base.

They never changed it to himicide without a body! Corrie has always been a Missing Person.

Im now tired of going round in circles....

You can assume, guess and dwell as much as you like, but you don't know what happened. Fact.

He wasn't kidnapped, nor attacked...and that's been established by the forensic searches. Which means he left of his own accord. Why don't people want to accept it's the most obvious thing? Or maybe you just CAN'T accept that people do actually go AWOL! Maybe they WANT mystery, intrigue, suspense...as mundane, boring scenarios don't excite them.

But if he left of his own accord do you accept there may have been a third party involved to help facilitate his leaving? Surely this doesn't rule out foul play if they can't ascertain exactly who the third party is?

If the "prime" narrative is "Corrie left by car, willingly or unwillingly" and all vehicles are identified.... then ?

While I don't really like the words you've used, I can understand where you're coming from by saying it's probably something obvious and mundane as opposed to to "exciting" (I don't think when there's a possibility someone's come to harm or maybe died that could ever be described as "exciting", but I don't think that's what you're implying).

But, we've heard from a number of people that some of these thoughts of AWOL seem to them to be based more in fictional stories than in the reality of life in the RAF. It's not like running away from the army when you're out in a warzone. Very few people are going AWOL from the RAF according to stats that have been posted several times in these five threads. Quite often AWOLs are just going home to their family and getting jobs, or some are running home to family and sitting on the sofa for a year and everyone knows where they are, and no one is knocking them on the door and dragging them off to a cell.

While people can act on impulse and on the spur of the moment, it seems very strange to decide to go AWOL with no money, no change of clothes, no car or anything like that at 3.30 in the morning after a night out. Especially when we're talking about a friendly person with a lot of friends at work, a tight-knit family out of work who you've already arranged two visits with in the next two months.

Compare that to just walking up to your CO and just telling them you are unhappy and want out and they'll assist you with whatever you want, and you can just drive out with your car, clothes, money, dog, everything and go out and make a fresh start with some good things on your CV.

I'm not trying to claim no one has ever gone AWOL in the sense people are thinking of, but I do have doubts over all the caring over placement of cctv cameras when someone's doing some spur-of-the-moment AWOL, which would be far more likely to be something like going out with a mate to their place, getting drunk again on the subsequent two nights and turning up late for roll call on Monday morning.

They never changed it to homicide without a body! Corrie has always been a Missing Person.

I'm now tired of going round in circles....

You can assume, guess and dwell as much as you like, but you don't know what happened. Fact.

He wasn't kidnapped, nor attacked...and that's been established by the forensic searches. Which means he left of his own accord. Why don't people want to accept it's the most obvious thing? Or maybe you just CAN'T accept that people do actually go AWOL! Maybe they WANT mystery, intrigue, suspense...as mundane, boring scenarios don't excite them.

Have organised public searches been ruled out to date?

I know if not officially organised these can possibly tamper with evidence if it becomes more than a 'misper'.

Starting from where he was last seen, and following what should be his route back to base seems to be a good starting
point.

Just occurs to me that with 60 K or so followers on that facebook a lot of practical searching could be achieved.

Something such as this has to be with the guidance of police and other search organisations though, not a crowd of
well meaning strangers wandering around.

Have organised public searches been ruled out to date?

I know if not officially organised these can possibly tamper with evidence if it becomes more than a 'misper'.

Starting from where he was last seen, and following what should be his route back to base seems to be a good starting
point.

Searching the roads between BSE and RAF Honington was one of the first things the police undertook, and from that they ruled out him having been struck by a car and left by or close to the side of the road. I believe areas of woodland along his likely routes were also searched, along with some of the fields that he could, in theory, have walked through instead of using the road. Several bodies of water between BSE and RAFH were also searched by divers.

As such, unless those searches were less than thorough and areas missed, we should be able to rule out him walking home and coming a cropper, regardless of what the CCTV in town may or may not show.

Has the theory of him ending up in a general waste bin been ruled out? AFAIK, it hasn't. Why is it we've heard so much about the recycling bin lorry but nothing about any other bin collections over that weekend (which surely happened?) even if to just rule it out?

Searching the roads between BSE and RAF Honington was one of the first things the police undertook, and from that they ruled out him having been struck by a car and left by or close to the side of the road. I believe areas of woodland along his likely routes were also searched, along with some of the fields that he could, in theory, have walked through instead of using the road. Several bodies of water between BSE and RAFH were also searched by divers.

As such, unless those searches were less than thorough and areas missed, we should be able to rule out him walking home and coming a cropper, regardless of what the CCTV in town may or may not show.

I realise that, but look at poor Adrian Lynch's case.

Has the theory of him ending up in a general waste bin been ruled out? AFAIK, it hasn't. Why is it we've heard so much about the recycling bin lorry but nothing about any other bin collections over that weekend (which surely happened?) even if to just rule it out?

I did ask this before - when were the general waste bins next collected ? Anyone know ??

I don't think I've seen any information about when the other bins were emptied. Maybe it's been on the Find Corrie facebook page but if so I don't really follow that.

I'm thinking that any bin used by Greggs, which presumably had some discarded food products in it, would need to be emptied quickly/frequently for elfnsafety/public elf reasons but those used by the other businesses in the horseshoe (such as Superdrug and the phone shop) might only be emptied once or twice a week.

We also don't know if any of those businesses actually locked their bins, as they are supposed to, on a regular basis. One might expect Greggs to do so because of a food poisoning risk to homeless people eating discarded food from their bin.

What were poll results? Can we have a poll on "left willingly or unwillingly?

I think that's the "million dollar" question.
And I don't think there enough information available to even guess.

Willingly gone to meet someone, but unwillingly left in their car ?

I don't think I've seen any information about when the other bins were emptied. Maybe it's been on the Find Corrie facebook page but if so I don't really follow that.

I'm thinking that any bin used by Greggs, which presumably had some discarded food products in it, would need to be emptied quickly/frequently for elfnsafety/public elf reasons but those used by the other businesses in the horseshoe (such as Superdrug and the phone shop) might only be emptied once or twice a week.

We also don't know if any of those businesses actually locked their bins, as they are supposed to, on a regular basis. One might expect Greggs to do so because of a food poisoning risk to homeless people eating discarded food from their bin.

feasible, but then how do you explain the phone movement? It went in one bin while Corrie was in the other?

The band playing at the Grapes were "beautiful dangerous" who (according to their website/facebook ) were interviewed by police.

feasible, but then how do you explain the phone movement? It went in one bin while Corrie was in the other?

I could be quite out of order here - but I don't think so much reliance should be given to the phone pings.

I saw a pic of Corrie and his trouser pockets were full, bulging - not beyond reality that he dropped his phone,
people lose things, then they get trodden on or driven over and some thoughtful person dumps the rubbish in a bin.

Everything has to be considered here, it obviously isn't clear cut.

My bins are emptied by biffa but are council bins. They're still the big kind but I suppose they could be different dimensions to the bse bins. When emptying rubbish in there today I did notice that while big enough for a person a fairly tall and well built man wouldn't have been easily hidden at all. Our recycling bins are also always locked with just a small letterbox opening to post recyclables through.

Obviously the bse bins could be completely different but I'd have thought size wise they're fairly similar

Please...do you SERIOUSLY think the police play mind games? They've identifies and ELIMATED the vehicles. Period. Do you think they'd leave it weeks and weeks for some supposed kidnapper to rid their car of crucial evidence?!

<modsnip>
Where does it say the vehicles have been eliminated? Must have missed that crucial snippet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member