UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
feasible, but then how do you explain the phone movement? It went in one bin while Corrie was in the other?

As things stand there's no evidence at all that either Corrie or his phone went into any bin at all. There's the apparent fact that his phone pinged its way towards Barton Mills but that doesn't mean it had been in a bin, nor necessarily that Corrie was with it.

The phone might have been in a bin which was emptied into a bin lorry which took it towards Barton Mills. We don't know for sure that it ever got as far as Barton Mills, for whatever reason.

But

It could just as easily have been with Corrie who willingly got into a vehicle with it.

Two months on, we just don't know.

@Amonet, There was a poster who insisted that AWOL was almost non existent in the RAF, I dug up statistics that showed at least 80 in nine years, which considering how small the RAF is these days, is a fair few in my mind.

Where does it say the vehicles have been eliminated? Must have missed that crucial snippet.

Not eliminated, but identified.

Although I could swear that the last update said "they were three unidentified vehicles", I an told that the update always said that "all the vehicles were identified"

But I could swear, I read they were "unidentified" at the time the update was written.

So, like you "I must have missed it" !

I have read that awol returnees could receive 1 day in the can for each day of awol but they get training while in the can which has sometimes resulted in later promotion. Has anyone on here had experience of or come across this?

@Amonet, There was a poster who insisted that AWOL was almost non existent in the RAF, I dug up statistics that showed at least 80 in nine years, which considering how small the RAF is these days, is a fair few in my mind.

Thanks for response james king but I was asking sounds suspicious for the origin of their quote that said "vehicles had been elimated" (sic)

Not eliminated, but identified.

Although I could swear that the last update said "they were three unidentified vehicles", I an told that the update always said that "all the vehicles were identified"

But I could swear, I read they were "unidentified" at the time the update was written.

So, like you "I must have missed it" !

There was an older update posted on the 6th November made by Tony that said " The Vehicles:
From the area Corrie was last seen, there is more than one vehicle of interest. One of which is the Bin Lorry, which has already been seized and forensically investigated.
Other vehicles remain unaccounted for. We are unable to share the CCTV. Please refer to appeal at the top of the post about vehicles" obviously these must now have been accounted for hence his last updateon the 20th November :)

I know what you mean, there is definitely a pattern in some cases and we've reached that point where people take a break until there's news. I also know we do all care or we wouldn't be here!!

The most frustrating thing for me in Corries case is that we have a lot of family involvement including updates, a website, and the administration of a social media account - none of which are usual, or common - and yet the information is unreliable or contradictory at times. So while it's forthcoming and has led to much discussion sometimes it feels like a wild goose chase.

Personally I think it's time the police set out a verified timeline, inclusive of when these pedestrians and vehicles were seen. A reconstruction if you like. I hope they're just waiting to rule out the initial 32/23 before going public with the rest.
Re your second paragraph - has this been a help or hindrance do you think? Looking at fb today indicates perhaps 7 or 8 per day may have been identified out of the 23. If that gets verified by police or family that would be a good outcome of the fb pressure group imo.

I didn't really explain my post very well. I wasn't trying to denigrate anyone who thinks that may have happened to say that it didn't. The key point is that none of us knows. I don't have a problem with everyone seeing things slightly differently, I think that's a positive thing. And, as these things go on and more information comes to light, often we might start off with 20 different ideas of what could have happened, but then converge to 80% or so on one thing. We haven't reached any convergence point, but we still don't have any 'real' evidence to go on to help us get to that point.

Overall would say there's a lot of good thoughts in these threads, and a lot of constructive criticism of everything at the same time, which is exactly how *I* think it should be.

But, even if Corrie had gone AWOL, let's say he'd gone with his car and phone and bank card, and then no one heard from him, plus there's no sign of how he left, plus he hadn't used that bank card or phone since? I'd then be concerned then that something might have happened *after* he went AWOL. And in some ways that mirrors this situation, except we know he didn't have his car, spare clothing, etc, and he hasn't used his phone since or taken any money out of his bank account. So even if whatever took Corrie out of the horseshoe was willing and 'innocent', I am still concerned over what's happened since then.

Re family not raising alarm before Monday work, I don't find that odd despite their regular contact. What could his brother have done? I doubt he had numbers for Corrie's colleagues, said he met them in Bury for 1st time after Corrie was missing. Would he have phoned the base? Can you imagine the ribbing Corrie would have taken for that? He's an adult, it was a weekend, his brother knew he'd been out on the town... totally reasonable and doesn't suggest AWOL with help imho.

There was an older update posted on the 6th November made by Tony that said " The Vehicles:
From the area Corrie was last seen, there is more than one vehicle of interest. One of which is the Bin Lorry, which has already been seized and forensically investigated.
Other vehicles remain unaccounted for. We are unable to share the CCTV. Please refer to appeal at the top of the post about vehicles" obviously these must now have been accounted for hence his last updateon the 20th November :)

I think I made a copy of the 20th post, so I need to check.
I am normally very good with these types of recalls.

It's the fact that in the latest update it is "...Full stop, ALL vehicles"
Then further down written "3 vehicles" as though it is referencing the previous statement in that specific update.

I mean, it doesn't really matter.
It just seems that "very recently" all the vehicles have become identified.

The pic change is also unusual. In the film the "hunted" were a particular nasty gang

....is this significant ?
Did Corrie wait to group of "known criminals" for some reason

The film mentioned in the recent post sseemingly now deleted was 'taken' not 'hunted' James. Don't know why that post would not be allowed as it is a "statement" from the family isn't it? Sounded spooky and a bit worrying tbh.:-(
I think I made a copy of the 20th post, so I need to check.
I am normally very good with these types of recalls.

It's the fact that in the latest update it is "...Full stop, ALL vehicles"
Then further down written "3 vehicles" as though it is referencing the previous statement in that specific update.

I mean, it doesn't really matter.
It just seems that "very recently" all the vehicles have become identified.

The pic change is also unusual. In the film the "hunted" were a particular nasty gang

....is this significant ?
Did Corrie wait to group of "known criminals" for some reason

Good Evening, I am new on here but before commenting I wanted to check that this theory had not already been mulled over.
Putting it simply ... What are the chances of this been a conjoined effort by the police and RAF to cover up an inside involvement ? ie an initiation gone extremely wrong.... Perhaps all concerned are aware of what went on but without 100% clarification can not proceed with arrests etc.
This isn't a off the cuff notion... I have been following a case regarding a RAF guy who's events after a so called initiation led to his death/murder??/suicide?? all of which had the local police and MOD closing ranks.

And has much it pains me for his family and being a mum my self I think his mum knows the outcome to this whole story already but is playing the long game in order to secure a conviction.

The film mentioned in the recent post sseemingly now deleted was 'taken' not 'hunted' James. Don't know why that post would not be allowed as it is a "statement" from the family isn't it? Sounded spooky and a bit worrying tbh.:-(

I deleted my post, for the record, as I wasn't sure it was really allowed (or that it's necessarily relevant to the case). It's not info being released by the family, it's Tony's personal profile picture that happens to be visible on the group.

I didn't really explain my post very well. I wasn't trying to denigrate anyone who thinks that may have happened to say that it didn't. The key point is that none of us knows. I don't have a problem with everyone seeing things slightly differently, I think that's a positive thing. And, as these things go on and more information comes to light, often we might start off with 20 different ideas of what could have happened, but then converge to 80% or so on one thing. We haven't reached any convergence point, but we still don't have any 'real' evidence to go on to help us get to that point.

Overall would say there's a lot of good thoughts in these threads, and a lot of constructive criticism of everything at the same time, which is exactly how *I* think it should be.

But, even if Corrie had gone AWOL, let's say he'd gone with his car and phone and bank card, and then no one heard from him, plus there's no sign of how he left, plus he hadn't used that bank card or phone since? I'd then be concerned then that something might have happened *after* he went AWOL. And in some ways that mirrors this situation, except we know he didn't have his car, spare clothing, etc, and he hasn't used his phone since or taken any money out of his bank account. So even if whatever took Corrie out of the horseshoe was willing and 'innocent', I am still concerned over what's happened since then.

I agree with this. The problem is if awol is a possibilty it would appear something has happened since then. The third party wouldn't necessarily come forward as they think he's gone awol after all they'd have helped him.

For what it's worth I don't think he's awol. But if he has, then it complicates things massively.

Good Evening, I am new on here but before commenting I wanted to check that this theory had not already been mulled over.
Putting it simply ... What are the chances of this been a conjoined effort by the police and RAF to cover up an inside involvement ? ie an initiation gone extremely wrong.... Perhaps all concerned are aware of what went on but without 100% clarification can not proceed with arrests etc.
This isn't a off the cuff notion... I have been following a case regarding a RAF guy who's events after a so called initiation led to his death/murder??/suicide?? all of which had the local police and MOD closing ranks.

And has much it pains me for his family and being a mum my self I think his mum knows the outcome to this whole story already but is playing the long game in order to secure a conviction.

I'd be extremely surprised if this were the case. He's been a serviceman for three years so not new. I'd be interested in links to the other case details though.

I know... I am referring to "the hunted people in the film" not "the film title"

I didn't think it relevant to say "in the film Taken, the hunted people were a particular nasty group" (hence no capital letter in the word hunted).

Quote....
In the film the "hunted" (PEOPLE) were a particular nasty gang

Re family not raising alarm before Monday work, I don't find that odd despite their regular contact. What could his brother have done? I doubt he had numbers for Corrie's colleagues, said he met them in Bury for 1st time after Corrie was missing. Would he have phoned the base? Can you imagine the ribbing Corrie would have taken for that? He's an adult, it was a weekend, his brother knew he'd been out on the town... totally reasonable and doesn't suggest AWOL with help imho.

I also don't find it odd. There are days I speak to my mum multiple times and then a week could go by with no message. Although I'm usually active on social media I doubt my mum takes note. Had she messaged me and I not replied for a day or two then she would worry. He's an independent adult with a serious career living away from home after all.

In regards to Tony's profile picture it's not overly relevant but it does suggest he thinks Corrie has been taken by someone who intended harm or who caused harm.

I am wondering if they guy in the CCTV running took something from Corrie and he tan off and Corrie went after him and couldnt see where he went. As the camera seems to be zoomed in still when corrie was last seen. But when the guy ran past the camera followed him.

This young service man wasn't new either.... With being new to this page I don't know if I am allowed to link onto other FB pages or to publicly promote a story without the other young mans family permission but if there is a way for me to message you I would be more than willing to give you the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noseynellie1234