UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Running man almost certainly saw four minute man. From what I've read the itv footage has been clipped in some way. In the hub before you see running man in the top right hand corner you see four minute man leave the horseshoe and then as running man appears four minute man runs over to the edge and watches.

But what would identifying four minute man do? Even if a witness he can't really tell them a whole lot more than they could already work out from cctv except maybe narrow down a specific vehicle or amount of people Corrie was with if any.
...and an immediate timeframe for criminal activity perhaps.

In my mind these are the facts

Obviously the night out and doorway etc first

Corrie turned into a poorly cctv covered area 3.25

Corrie does not leave this area on foot between 3.25-12pm the next day

Corries phone has left bse by 5am and no longer transmits by 8am

That about sums it up

Holidaying on a sail training yacht. They call it development now.

I've never been on one.

We got a holiday in Kosovo instead and a week in Cyprus on the way back to check we'd all not gone mad...which we had.
They sent us home anyway....and then deployed to NI. You'll just love Op Banner they said !

Thanks for this.
I knew about the week in Cyprus but the yacht sounds so much better!

Can't say I disagree with this. Granted, using Vimeo and Facebook to upload footage brings with it tonnes of compression but I could link to Youtube (also with lots of compression) videos of CCTV footage from much cheaper cameras with much higher quality.

Comments from those that have viewed the footage in person have said it is much better quality than what has been released to the public so can only assume it is a conscious decision by Police? But why?

They have also said there are close ups of those sought that are high quality so why not release them?

What is your thinking about how the Police are handling this? Do they have solid reasons for what it appears they are doing?

Now we're thinking! [emoji6]

I do not believe for one second that the police resources are under staffed and under strain that they cannot view a simple cctv. Furthermore, there would be no issue in having other forces give a helping hand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aye thang yooo.....
That confirms what I was thinking. CORRIE sent a picture message to a 'FRIEND'. IT was part of an earlier conversation. Now who was at the other end of that conversation? Was it Darroch? Was it a hook up? Was it a 'friend'?
This is my point. He's having an ongoing but broken dialogue with (insert relevant recipient). Who would he be having an ongoing dialogue with at 0308???!!!!!!
If he's like any of the 20year olds I know he could have been having a dozen whatsapp/text chats, many of them group chats with 5-10people one for friends, one for colleagues, one for family, then subsets of each of those to cut out the people you really want to chat about, have you tried working with someone whose phone pings that often - nightmare!
As it was a picture message not a whatsapp they will know who it was sent to from his phone records if not from the recipient themselves so for me that rules out a hookup that then goes bad as they would know exactly who it was.

If he's like any of the 20year olds I know he could have been having a dozen whatsapp/text chats, many of them group chats with 5-10people one for friends, one for colleagues, one for family, then subsets of each of those to cut out the people you really want to chat about, have you tried working with someone whose phone pings that often - nightmare!
As it was a picture message not a whatsapp they will know who it was sent to from his phone records if not from the recipient themselves so for me that rules out a hookup that then goes bad as they would know exactly who it was.

I think it was said he took the photo from one app to another as an example of how he wasn't obliterated drunk

Do you not find it entirely interesting that neither have come forward to identify themselves? Or for that matter that nobody has piped up that the person running looks like someone they know? As Bury is a small town you would expect this. <modsnip>

I don't think he's been identified and to be honest I don't see why it's that pressing to single him out. Obviously he's closest to Corrie being in that horseshoe but if they were genuinely desperate to identify him why not post cctv online of this one person, or show cctv they inevitable have of his face? Corrie didn't walk out apparently and tony has said this person is not Corrie. Aside from potential witness this person didn't magic Corrie out of there.

Edited to add I'm thinking of four minute/lurking man

I have no opinion on running man to be honest

Running man - didn't they have cctv footage of him running one way (shown in the pod), then Corrie goes in horseshoe, then video of running man running back the way he came (the video that we saw from ITV coverage)? Not back to back events but all within a 20 min time frame?

Here is a question (that probably can't/won't be answered):

Did anyone try and contact Corrie on the Sat/Sun/Mon before the RAF reported him missing?

I would assume texts and voicemail's would be logged by the phone company but I'm not sure how things work if a phone gets destroyed or the sim is removed?

Do you not find it entirely interesting that neither have come forward to identify themselves? Or for that matter that nobody has piped up that the person running looks like someone they know? As Bury is a small town you would expect this. <modsnip>

I find it incredibly interesting that running man is a huge topic and yet even in the hub the lurking man was low fry in comparison. The person walked down a cctv covered road and the best they have is feet poking out?

Running man himself turned down McDonald's. Was there no cctv there?

Running man - didn't they have cctv footage of him running one way (shown in the pod), then Corrie goes in horseshoe, then video of running man running back the way he came (the video that we saw from ITV coverage)? Not back to back events but all within a 20 min time frame?

I believe but am not certain the second running man ran the opposite way and stopped to talk to two identified people who don't seem to know who it was, was a different person to the first running man.

The first running man seen on itv footage coincides with the four minute man leaving (and is then the lurker) except itv footage has cut out the part where you see the man come out of the horseshoe before running man appears

Im not clear on the timeline. I'm assuming that if the guy standing on the left went over there after coming out of horseshoe and that him coming out of there was identified to be 4 mins after Corrie went in that this then indicates that 'running man' is running towards and then past horseshoe after Corrie has been seen on cctv entering that area and not before.

I believe but am not certain the second running man ran the opposite way and stopped to talk to two identified people who don't seem to know who it was, was a different person to the first running man

One guy running one way....
...then another guy running the other way.

I suppose it depends on the time difference between the two, but if it was with a short space of time, that would freak me out.
Where's the fire ?

I find it incredibly interesting that running man is a huge topic and yet even in the hub the lurking man was low fry in comparison. The person walked down a cctv covered road and the best they have is feet poking out?

Running man himself turned down McDonald's. Was there no cctv there?

Yes. You would think that there would be better images of he individual who came out of horseshoe and appears to lurk opposite after doing so! However, as I am only able to speculate on what I have seen (being the cctv of running man and the feet of lurking man!) I would surmise that if this is the clearest images they have of both then sense would indicate that to have any chance of identifying a person you cannot see but for his feet then you need to talk to the one individual you are more likely to be able to identify who can potentially describe this lurking individual in greater detail than just some feet on a cctv image. Nevertheless I am extremely sceptical about 1) there are no other cctv images of lurking man other than his feet 2) they haven't had anyone coming forward attempting to identify either. If they have not I find that very unlucky and if they have it is being kept quiet for a reason.

That hour long call could hold a lot of keys to resolving the matter!
I got the idea they were reminiscing and the photo was sent in response to that and then forwarded on to maybe a relative or friend.

Yes. You would think that there would be better images of he individual who came out of horseshoe and appears to lurk opposite after doing so! However, as I am only able to speculate on what I have seen (being the cctv of running man and the feet of lurking man!) I would surmise that if this is the clearest images they have of both then sense would indicate that to have any chance of identifying a person you cannot see but for his feet then you need to talk to the one individual you are more likely to be able to identify who can potentially describe this lurking individual in greater detail than just some feet on a cctv image. Nevertheless I am extremely sceptical about 1) there are no other cctv images of lurking man other than his feet 2) they haven't had anyone coming forward attempting to identify either. If they have not I find that very unlucky and if they have it is being kept quiet for a reason.

You would think they're showing the best images but I've seen many times people say the police had high quality stills of faces they showed to anyone with a potential identification

You would think they're showing the best images but I've seen many times people say the police had high quality stills of faces they showed to anyone with a potential identification

Tony commented on this somewhere today/yesterday confirming there were better images and with some explanation I'll try and find his comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966